Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Gluten free.....

As of today I've started going gluten and dairy free. I'm super tired this evening.....but feeling ok. Need to make some bread so I'm more prepared for lunch tommorow.

Anyone else gluten free???
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

We have a whole thread on the low carb forum -- Paleo/Primal... not exactly just gluten free, but we don't eat grains, so we are by default gluten free. You will lose weight and feel wonderful eating this way.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Oh awesome thanks you!!!
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Baby grant, Hello
I am gluten free due celiacs disease,
You can buy gluten free bread Udi's is the best.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/190/130

Height: 4' 11"

I'm also gluten free, I recommend getting SCD cookbooks, they are both dairy and grain free! I have the ones by Ramand Prasad and the owners of JK gourmet.

Happy gluten free living! Just be prepared when people look at you funny for ordering a burger or sandwich no bread. I usually tell the cashier i'm allergic to smooth things over.
Shortymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/160/145

Height: 5.5

I am also gluten free! Going gluten free changed my life, I have had serious tummy issues which are now gone. I have not been happier
Myrkryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/197/160

Height: 5'7

Gluten-Free for about six years now, due to Celiac Disease. At first, it was challenging - especially grocery shopping, but it is a way of life now. Joined WW a few weeks ago (3FC today) and the weight is slowly coming off. I've found some really good breads (Udi's bagels, Schar pizza shells, and Grainless Baker hamburger and hot dog buns) BUT the point value is higher than the wheat counterparts.
Kate16652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4''

I am considering going gluten-free/dairy-free to see if that helps my constipation (a common symptom for autistics, like me). I am such a grain-lover though...
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
As of today I've started going gluten and dairy free. I'm super tired this evening.....but feeling ok. Need to make some bread so I'm more prepared for lunch tommorow.

Anyone else gluten free???
BE CAREFUL! I was diagnosed with Celiac's last year and after my diagnosis I gained 15 lbs because I ate so many gluten free products, pretzels, breads, noodles, cookies, and muffins. And although I was eating things I normally ate just gluten free I gained all that weight because a lot of gluten free products are higher in calories than their gluten counter parts...Make sure you're still using good dietingi priciples like calories in vs calories out and all that and you'll do fine.
DtheFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

I am gluten free too - also not by choice. When I'm dieting I eat a lot of corn tortillas and rice cakes. I also enjoy some Udi's bread and Schar's rolls on occasion. Brown rice and quinoa make great pilafs. Good luck!
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #11  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

I have gone wheat free and pretty much gluten free on my own will about one month ago (I have lost like 3 or 4 kilos already!). I might be having to go completely gluten free (need to have some blood tests done).

I haven't had many urges to eat bread and such (though I have been craving some sandwiches lately). Maybe it's because I have pretty much been sick with other ailments during all that time
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #12  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I went gluten free a few years ago due to gluten sensitivity. Not full on Celiac's, but gluten does cause me problems. However, it didn't last too long as I wasn't too happy with my options (though I love spelt).

I must say, I am very impressed with the growing number of gluten free products. I remember I used to have to read all food labels and go to health food stores and shell out loads of cash. Now, I see that my supermarket has a whole gluten free aisle, and this is in a rural area! I may have to start making more gluten free substitutes in my kitchen again!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote