General chatter - I wish 3FC was phone friendly!

View Full Version : I wish 3FC was phone friendly!

belezura
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
So I just got a phone with unlimited talk, text and web and I am loving it. I can get to my e-mail on yahoo, on facebook, google search, etc... They all have a friendly design version for the phone. But when I tried to get on 3FC I was so disappointed. It took forever to get to the homepage (I was about to giving up) and when it finally finished downloading the page would take another unbelievable time to go anywhere on the website. I was being patient, but I could not stay all day long waiting just to check few threats on my subscribed list.
Is anyone having the same problem than I?
Is there a way to make the website work faster on the phone?

Latchkey Princess
08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't have a problem with how fast it is on my phone, it is pretty much the same speed as it is on my computer as long as I'm in range of a wifi network. I've never tried it without a wifi connection. I DO wish that they had a mobile version tho, that was a bit more user friendly for phones. Zooming in and out all the time, it's just a general pain in the butt to use it on my iPhone.

BillBlueEyes
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Have you tried [User CP] then [Edit Options] then under [Visible Post Elements], un-select

Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
Perhaps you've already un-selected those, but it should make it faster if you haven't.