Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Default Back to life, back to reality...

Last night I arrived back from a vacation to London that involved lots and lots of eating (a 4 course dessert at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant!), and lots and lots of drinking. And surprisingly little calorie counting. I'm a little scared to weigh myself now, haha. I did manage to squeeze in a few runs over the week I was there, so all was not a total loss I suppose.

On the good side, since I've been eating so poorly, even a few days of exercise and calorie tracking should make me feel a lot less bloated and gross.

It actually feels kinda good to get back to real life! Here's to a low cal healthy day.

Anyone else been vacationing this summer? Do tell!
zestfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Me too, mee too. I only had a 4 day vacation but I came back up about 8 pounds. yikes!

Healthy food choices weren't really available but generally I did make the best choices I could. I did ear more chips than I ever would if I was tracking but less chips than I really wanted. I love chips. One the other hand, Sunday morning there were a lot of those GIANT muffins that are so common now and in the past I would have had a double chocolate one *and* a poppy seed one. This time I looked at them and even though I wanted one I said to myself "are you ker-razy!" and didn't have one. And I think this was the first time I ever flew anywhere without buying a few candy bars (at each stop) from the newstand near the gate.

So it wasn't a total failure. And unlike past vacations, I am back on plan now that I'm back. And I think much of this weight is water weight due to the sodium so I expect some of it will come off pretty easy.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #3  

That's the spirit! You're brave for weighing yourself immediately upon return. I got back, took one look at the scale, and was like, "No way Jose." But I have a lovely 6 mile run planned for tonight, maybe I'll be able to face the scale tomorrow..
Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/190/155

Height: 5'6

I also had a 4 day weekend, but I was not getting on that scale! Most of the time I would just to be curious, but TTOM started yesterday....so ya, nope. Staying away from that scale till next weekend. But even with TTOM, with going right back to my work outs (becoming an addict) and eating right. I already feel a little better. *crosses fingers* I have a good surprise next week on the scale!
RedHot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Well, I'm already down 3 pounds since my weigh-in yesterday - most of my gain was sodium/water retention. One day eating healthy and my body is sorting itself out.

I'm very pleased how easy it has been to get back on plan - I was a bit worried about that. But, no cravings for more chips or junk food. I didn't have candy or other sweets on vacation so no cravings for more of those either. I went shopping today and restocked the fridge and I am actually happy, really happy, to be back to eating my new "regular" food.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #6  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

A month in Italy.... I didnt diet at all.
Only gained a few lbs though! Already lost it and more since I got back! I was eating HUGE pizzas all the time.
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #7  

Isn't that an awesome surprise Punkprincess? It's like sometimes your body needs the surprise mixed in...

I still haven't weighed. My boyfriend's sister is staying with us and she wants to eat out every meal/go out drinking every night, so it's kind of tough to get back on plan completely. But I'm just doing the best I can and after she leaves next week I'll be able to restock the fridge and really hunker down.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #8  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Good luck! You can do it!
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Stopping in to wish you good luck in weathering the storm & disruption to your usual good habits caused by your boyfriend's sister's visit.

And also to tell you that your thread always causes the Soul II Soul song to start up in my head whenever I see the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVtCFolzgeg
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #10  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

i might sound like an absolute idiot but what is TTOM? erinzest as long as you have next week to get down to it im sure youll be fine, i find it impossible to say no to friends too
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #11  
Girl Gone Strong

[Never mind, dupe post.]

Last edited by saef; 08-10-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

I'm more used to seeing it rendered as "TOM," rather than "TTOM," but it's an online abbrevation for Time of Month, or one's menstrual period.

You're not an absolute idiot, justonemorepound. I remember visting a board & wondering, "Who is Tom, and why is his name always capitalized? Why is he in so many women's lives? Why does he make them so unhappy & crazy & cause them to gain weight?" Perhaps the very thought of that couch-jumping Scientologist actor Tom Cruise was having a very bad effect on women globally.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #13  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

hahaha i was exactly the same, cruise didnt jump into my head but i thought he was some kind of leader whod lost an insane amount of weight so he was like the yoda of dieting, glad youve put me straight things make a lot more sense now
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/128/125

Height: 5'8"

Just came back after 2 weeks in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. I ate 2000plus calories every day of my 15 day vacation and there were a couple days I may have been nearer to 3000!This after never averaging above 1500 weekly for a whole year. Eek! But I'd watched myself carefully in the month leading up to vacation (knowing I'd eat a lot) and booked hotels with fitness centres. So I got in my regular intense cardio and resistance workout almost every day.

So back home and I haven't gained an ounce. It's an amazing feeling! I'm pretty much maintaining and the vacation's proved I can safely up my average by a few hundred cals without gaining. Yay!

That said, it's Ramadan now so I'm fasting for a whole month. Have to put my new plan on hold as it's a struggle to make it above 800 cals during this time! I tend to lose a minimum of 10 pounds during Ramadan, something I can't really afford to do at my current weight.
Tagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #15  

Do you fast the entire time during Ramadan? You can eat after sunset, right? I spose it will be tough to get a healthy number of calories in in a few hours a day, though. Good luck!

My boyfriend's sister just left yesterday and I sent that dastardly TOM away (), so really no excuses now. It was so nice having the house to ourselves last night - I made a healthiesh chicken parmesan and we watched that movie Man on Wire. So relaxing! My goal for the week is to actually consistently track calories again, cause I haven't been doing that.

Finally mustered up the courage to weigh myself - 147.4, or almost exactly pre-vacay weight. Yay!