Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W Laboring for our Bodies Week 5

jcatron243
08-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Here is week five ladies!

Yesterday was a busy day. It ended up being 10.5 hours for me. (not the 4 hours they said.) I'm not complaining.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1500 cals
D stick to my plan

:welcome: busy!

MamaP
08-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Week 1 ~ N/A
Week 2 ~ 226.5 (July 14)
Week 3 ~ 222.8 (July 19)
Week 4 ~ 224 (July 26)
Week 5 ~ 219.8 (August 2)

Almost to my goal of 216 for this challenge (would really like to hit 210). I am not going to post my WEED - I'm doing good just to function at this point, so survival is my goal.

PopcornGal
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I am back after a looooong weekend. I had out of town guests. I was very disappointed with my scale - losing nothing for the week despite logging a lot of miles and diligently monitoring my calories. So I took the weekend off and ate more than I normally would of especially in light of having company. I figured today is a new day. So here I am.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 4.5 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - ironing and hit the grocery store

SilverLife
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi, all!

Quick post this time.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 of those eight-ounce glasses
E: usual nice movements and routines
E: my nifty, new plan
D: Being gracious and getting things taken care of.

I wish you all a lovely day! ;)

KimL1214
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
PopcornGal~ A new day it is! How are things? The important thing is that you are sticking with it!!!

SilverLife~ I hope you have a great day as well!

So my weekend changed drastically on Saturday afternoon. I was supposed to foster a dog Saturday night and deliver him to my sister on Sunday. He's a full bred miniature poodle that his family was going to "put down," aka KILL if they couldn't find him a home. They had been letting him run around in the woods for the past few weeks, without brushing or washing him. He looked like a dirty, icky mop when I got him. Well... he attached himself to me, and after the first night with him sleeping right next to me... I attached myself to him. So we got him groomed today and his confidence is much stronger and better, plus he looks terrific! He's been playing with our husky all afternoon, so I think he's really going to fit in!
As for weight, I saw a new number yesterday and then another new number today!!! I haven't seen the 250s in FOREVER, and am super psyched!!!

WEED for the WEEK!!!

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 30-50 Min. Walks and farm work
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Work on doing stuff for MYSELF!!!

love2b150
08-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I am a little bummed at the fact that my scale was up a pound this morning. But I did expect it since I ate 420 something more than I should have on yesterday, Saturday was a weird eating day and TTOM is here.

I didn't stay on point with my calories yesterday so I'll try it again today. Haven't had dinner yet but it's in the oven. The great thing is that the rest of week will be totally on point. Our church revival starts tomorrow so I will be out of here at 5:30 and by the time I get back it will be too late to eat. So my W.E.E.D. for today through Friday is ...

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 mile walk or elliptical if I don't walk in the early a.m.
E ~ calorie cycling stay on point
D ~ make this a better week than the last :D

emiloots
08-02-2010, 07:18 PM
KimL -woot on seeing the 250's!!!

Silver - what's your new eating plan (I always like to see what others are doing with their food)

Popcorn - that right, new day! I have to tell myself that all the time :)

So DH is officially off to North Carolina for work for a few days. The nice thing is I don't have to make full fledged meals for dinner while he's gone. Tonight I had a slice of toasted sprouted grain bread topped with sliced tomatoes from the garden, salt and two eggs over easy - amazingly delicious and so simple.

P90X came in the mail today, have to read through the significant amounts of materials it comes with and get a plan together before we jump in to it. Thinking about indulging in a bath once the boys go to bed, we'll see. Hope everyone had a great start to their week!

W - 64+
E - nothing planned, dancing with the kids and cleaning
E - OP
D - relax, do a little organizing and try not to stress while DH is gone (easier said than done)

SilverLife
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Hello, everyone!

Kim, congrats on your success! :)

Love2b, I'm sorry those extra calories have such a high price. It's good we know, and get right on our plans again.

Emily, I hope you all have fun eating simply for a few days. Don't know what it is about so many men and their wanting labor-intensive meals cooked for them. What is a P90X? Sounds like something Top Secret ;)

My new food plan is in my signature in the link. I was eating rather healthfully, no wheat/spelt, no sugar/honey/artificial sweeteners, no packaged foods, only filtered water, etc. Decided to cut out all grains, legumes and polyunsaturated oils. And I put in more animal foods, which is the biggest change for me.

Since doing these things, which has been simple to do, I have dropped four pounds in one week. I keep Dr. Harris' plan, except that I eat three meals a day instead of his recommended two. I use dairy products, but only cream, butter, whole milk/cream yoghurt and cheese. No drinking plain milk for now. I went to low carb:mod protein:high fat, and feel better than I have in years.

I thought that some of my aches and pains were ailments or age. They were due to eating the grains, legumes and polyunsaturated oils. My skin has improved tremendously. No more bone pain. No more stiff neck. I could go on and on. My nails are stronger and growing nicely.

I still count calories, and weigh and measure, because my hunger/thirst/satiety signals are not yet healed after decades of eating when I wasn't hungry, eating when I was actually thirsty or needed to rest or sleep. Eating for all sorts of reasons other than real hunger. The amazing thing is I'm eating 1500-1600 calories a day, feeling really nourished, instead of what the low fat:higher carb:calorie counting method recommended for me at 1100-1200. I feel so much stronger now. There are many women my age eating 900-1100 calories a day, wishing they could get away with more.

I feel much more clear-headed, have better coordination, am stronger, have better balance. My exercise and being thinner has helped those things, too.

I'm sleeping more restfully and have slept completely through the night since I've been on this plan. It's been eight days, and I feel as though I'd like to write an earnest thank-you letter!

It's grand. It may not appeal to some, but it was exactly what I needed. I wish I'd known years ago, how good it would feel to me to eat this way.

--

If you all feel like posting your food plans, I'd be very interested, as Emily is, in reading about how others are getting where they want to go.

Sending you all dear thoughts and a big smile! :hug:

KimL1214
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
SilverLife~ Sounds like you have a great plan going for you!

emiloots~ Are you waiting for DH to come back or are you going to try it out before?

love2b150~ What did you make yourself for dinner? TOM is a pain, and only being up 1lb. between TOM and being a lil over in cals, is pretty good!

So I took Jake (new dog) with me to my friends, who also have small dogs, and he had a great time! They played and chased each other for over an hour, so I am guessing that he will sleep GREAT tonight. Berry farm is closed tomorrow to u-pickers, so I should be done working by 1 or 2, which leaves lots of time to get in a decent workout of some kind. Will depend on the weather as to whether or not I hit the gym or not... Have a great night everyone!!!

SilverLife
08-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Good Morning, all!

Kim, I'm glad you'll have some time for yourself today.

W: 16 of those eight-ounce glasses
E: usual, nice things
E: my lovely plan
D: Some special prayer time today.

I wish you all a very sweet start this morning! :goodvibes

busy mummy
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Well it's only Day 3 so far, and no change on the scales yet but I am staying optimistic.

I stuck to my WEED plan, drank all my fluids, half an hour of step for exercise plus 60 leg exercises. I have also started writing down what I eat so that I can keep track.

Tomorrow
W 3 Litres
E 30 mins
E eat breakfast
D busy day, make sure to take time to eat properly

Sending everyone good vibes for their scale readings tomorrow! :)

PopcornGal
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Yesterday's WEED went badly. :( But part of that was because of a minor crisis in the family yesterday. Today is a new day - again. LOL

Kim - totally cool on the new number on the scale.

I feel like crap today - with my stomach. Plus we have people in our office from headquarters so no time for personals.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 Day Shred and hopefully a walk (heat is unbearable)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - ironing

love2b150
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Good Morning ALL :wave:

SilverLife I want to thank you for recommending fatsecret.com I love it. I can use it on my BB also which is great. I added a exercise tracker and weight tracker so I have no reason not to stay on point with everything :D :crossed:

Kim, I made tilapia cooked with spray olive oil, onion and pepper, green beans, yogurt, and 1/2 grapefruit, oh and a handful of oyster crackers as I was walking out the door for my walk :)

My W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 mile walk or elliptical if I don't walk in the early a.m. (did 2.14 this morning)
E ~ calorie cycling stay on point
D ~ keep smiling it's a beautiful day

Have a great day :hug:

SilverLife
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi, all!

BusyMummy, congratulations on keeping your plan!
Popcorngal, am sending you lots of good thoughts. :hug:
Love2b, I'm glad that fatsecret works well for you. I like that I can look at the fats, proteins, & carbs for each of the days, all in a row on the calendar.

Sending you all victory thoughts. :goodvibes

KimL1214
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
love2b150~ I wish I could handle fish, but it really has an automatic gag reflex with me... do you know any fish that would be good to start with when trying to work towards being able to handle it?

PopcornGal~ I hope you're feeling better!

busy mummy~ Tracking is super important for me and will help you see patterns with your eating. Great job staying optimistic!!!

SilverLife~ Not as much time as I had hoped for, but much more time for me then I am used to! How are you doing?

So I didn't get my 3-4 mile walk in, but I got a 2.25 mile walk on the track, which was probably more since I walked on the very outside of the track. The weather was icky until around dinner time tonight, so that limited my daylight time. My sister is coming down from Plattsburg tomorrow, so we're going to do something, just not sure what yet. Have a great night everyone!!!

SilverLife
08-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Kim, I wish you a lovely day with your sister! :)

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounces glasses. Seems as tho' some days I want to drink much more and some days it's hard to drink that much.
E: Usual exercises and activities, currently making them a bit softer.
E: keep my plan, read more on metabolism, macronutrients, etc.
D: Remember to keep God first, instead of getting too involved in anything.

I wish you all a very pleasant start this morning! :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Good Morning everyone. I spent yesterday being absolutely lazy. I'm still not really focusing on my workouts. I know why, I just need to get over it.

Work today.

W 64 oz
E pilates
E1400 cals
D keep busy

mothermavis
08-04-2010, 07:33 AM
:nono: I need some willpower!!!!!!!

W 100, need to get it done
E short run after work, then golf w older son and nephew
E Was there a plan? Need to stay on it!
D Stay out of the abyss....

Kim, love Plattsburgh, are you near Burlington? We are headed for Church St in the next few weeks.

Silver, have a blessed day.

Jeni, I will if you will, come on, let's execute the plan.

All, I wish you a great day, but I don't have time to get to it all!
TTYL!

PopcornGal
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I stopped myself before I got into trouble last night with my eating. I am totally sore everywhere this morning from the 30 Day Shred. I will take the day off to give my muscles one day and just do cardio.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk (treadmill/outside)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - spend some down time with hubby

love2b150
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Kim I wrote you a book about the fish and lost it. I pretty much eat any kind of fish. Do you know what makes you gag when you eat it? Is it the texture or the thought of eating fish? I am like that with cottage cheese, yogurt and oatmeal. I eat them but the texture does something to me after a while so I have to eat them fast, can't think about it. Weird I know.

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz < didn't make is yesterday I drank 72oz plus 16oz decaf green tea
E ~ 2.75 mile walk < done
E ~ stay on point
D ~ keep smiling it's a beautiful day

MamaP
08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I actually got out last night and walked for a mile and then this morning before work got out and walked 1/2 a mile. Felt good to actually move! Today I am wearing my new size 12 capris. That feels even better.

emiloots
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Jeni - seems like you're a little down and out, hope you feel better soon :hug:

Kim - I used to live in Burlington for a little while, love love love VT - DH and I want to retire there or CO.

Popcorn - 30 day shred is no joke, kicked my butt when I did it - I couldn't even get through level 1 the first time.

MamaP - wohoo on the new pants size, feels good doesn't it :)

DH comes home tonight so we're back to 'normal' again tomorrow - yay. Tired, but that's my own fault for staying up later than I should have last night. Hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

W - 64+ (check!)
E - hmmm I always seem to have little to say for this category, P90X starts soon though - probably tomorrow
E - On Plan (I've hardly eaten anything today, been busy and it's really hot!)
D - get a little organizing done, come up with meal plans for the rest of the week, get to bed on time!

hope4me
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi everybody, I've been absent for a couple of weeks though I have been reading. I'm really struggling with my eating, I guess on the exercise too but more with the eating. I need to get back on track and get back in here daily. I haven't had the energy to actually post, ever felt like that?

W: not much
E: none
E: a bunch
D: was supposed to have a job interview that is really stressing me out but it got put off again till tomorrow. I think this job thing is what is throwing me off. Of course I also let myself go a little nuts on vacation, now I'm craving unhealthy stuff all the time. Help! :o

TIARA
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Hello everyone..
wk1 236
wk2 239
wk3 235.8
wk4 233
wk5 233 stayed the same...

I was just looking at the calendar and there is only 5 more months left in this year.. wow time does fly..

w 64
e walking
e 1200
d finish book

jcatron243
08-05-2010, 06:17 AM
MM~I'll get back in it. Tomorrow is my day!

Em~ :hug: thanks I have been. I'll be okay.

Will Had an interview yesterday. It went well, he is the top candidate for the job. The only problem is that its an hour away so the commute will stink. I'm still not sure if the extra daycare cost plus gas will be worth it short term, but long term it will be. He has an interview today also, its at the Y so he isn't quite sure what the position is, but is close to home.

W 64 oz (no prob here)
E extra laps at the plant.
E 1400 cals (doing okay here)
D keep the day going strong!

SilverLife
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Jeni, am sending you lots of good thoughts and :hug: I go through times when I can really push my exercises, and other times when I really need rest and curling up.

Mothermavis, you do so many nice things! Hope your run and golfing with your son were lovely. :)

PopcornGal, congratulations on the good save from the wrong kind of eating! I am always so delighted when I come back "from the brink".

MamaP, congratulations on your new size!!! :) That's grand. I agree about it feeling great to move. I so like my twilight-sunrise time outside.

Emily, I'm glad things are back in their usual swing at your house. Am sending you happy-getting-rested-up thoughts. I know it really takes a toll on me if I stay up later than my rhythms can handle.

Hope4me, how nice to have you post! :) Am sending you lots of good thoughts for enjoying being on your plans. I've had times when it was hard to keep my plans, and it took a bit of changing this and that, to find plans that really fit what I need. :goodvibes

Tiara, sounds as though you're doing well. :) Are you reading or writing that book?

Today's nice WEED:

W: most likely that 16 eight-ounce glasses. Some days it's more, some days, less.
E: Watering plants, and a neighbor's (that's carrying buckets of water), picking up "stuff" out of the yard, a stroll, Callanetics, rebounding, stretches.
E: my wonderful, lovely, nourishing plan. Mmmm, can you tell I like it?
D: Stay mindful, gracious, and constructive in what I'm doing.

I wish you all a lovely start today! :goodvibes

mothermavis
08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Morning all!!

Silver, Thank You, both my run and my golf were great!! We ended up golfing at a different course, the one we went to had league night so we went to a different bigger one. I had to drive!! I got better as the night went on. :dizzy:

Jeni, Good luck to your hubby!!

Hope, good luck on the interview!!

OK, I have to go crunch or I won't get it done before work, also some puppy control!!

W 100
E Meeting my friend after work, run and weights
E POP
D One foot in front of the other!

NIXMOM, Kris, If you are lurking, we miss you!!!!

PopcornGal
08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Totally disgusted. Two weeks now of not just being stuck BUT today my weight was UP!!!!!

I don't even know how that is possible.

I am sick of this. My body is really fighting me.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - no time maybe a mile if I am lucky
E - out to dinner tonight - try to watch my portions
D - try not to let this get the best of me

Sorry I am just so down about this.

mothermavis
08-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Popcorn, it's ok. We've all been there. Hang in there, better days are coming!!

TIARA
08-05-2010, 09:51 PM
silverlife.. nope just reading.. i love to read i made myself a pact.. That this year i would read more.. so far so good ive read a whole lot of series and books.. The only thing that could make it better is if i could talk to someone about the books i read afterwords but im the odd one out in my family and friends.. Meaning non of them like to read for fun.. oh well

Popcorn dont worrie next weigh in will be better just stick to your plan.. And relax.. I find when i worrie about my numbers it goes up just to spite me.. also remember water weight can move you weigh up by 2 pounds..

TOday was a good day i went to the beach with my brother washed my car and got in some exercise and all before 3pm..

SilverLife
08-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Mothermavis, your activities sound grand! Hope the puppy is behaving. :)
Popcorn, am sending you lots of good thoughts! It is frustrating when the numbers don't go down. :hugs:
Tiara, it's great to read. Are you near a library? There are some groups at the libraries here that discuss what they read. Don't know if that interests you. I know what you mean about wanting to talk about what one has been reading. I like to do that, too.

Today's WEED:
W: 16 eight-ounce glasses,
E: the usual
E: go lower again on the calories, tried upping them the last few days, not a good idea.
D: Keeping my higher goals in mind while I do the tasks at hand.

Sending you all best wishes for a very lovely morning! :)

mothermavis
08-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Good morning Silver, Hope you have a great day!

I am hanging laundry on the line this am, always smells so good and it is supposed to be breezy today, so it will be all dry when I get home from work.

Another busy weekend planned. I am going running and lifting with a friend tomorrow, then spending a few hours in the RE office. Multiple jobs are over rated. Sunday, I think I am going hiking again. Hoping to hit my labor day goal of below 150 by next weekend, time will tell.

jcatron243
08-06-2010, 10:24 AM
just a quick check in. We have tons of stuff planned for this weekend. Starting with me going to the gym. :) Then my class reunion is tomorrow, fun times.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

W 64 oz
E 45 minutes of cardio
E 1400 good clean cals
D Live life, have fun

emiloots
08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey ladies - TGIF!!!!

Had a pretty stressful week at work so I'm so glad I have two days before I have to go back. We're ordering sushi for dinner (yay!). Did the P90X fitness test and measurements last night, let's just say it was not pretty! It's sad when you weigh more than your DH and pretty much all of your measurements are bigger too! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

SilverLife
08-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Emily, am sending you lots of good thoughts! :hug: How very nice that you are working on taking care of yourself now. You will see results soon! :)

Jeni, I wish you a lovely time at the reunion! :)

Mothermavis, good luck getting everything done smoothly. Goodness you are busy!

Today's WEED:

W: 12-20 eight-ounce glasses, some days it's the higher number, some days, the lower
E: usual exercises, but I may not have to water today. Will see how much it rained last nite!
E: Keep the lower cal limit of my plan.
D: Be gracious, keep good humor, think thoughts of blessing. A very busy day ahead!

Sending you all best wishes for a lovely start today! :goodvibes

mothermavis
08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Morning all!

Today is a beautiful day here in upstate NY!

I was sitting on the deck, watching the dogs and drinking my coffee. O'Neill (the puppy) had the last of his shots yesterday, so now he can go visiting with me. Starting to get him running, but his joints are too young to go far, so we just go down the road and back to get him used to it. I am leaving in an hour to go running with a friend. Perfect day for it!

Have a great day all! Hope those who were down are feeling better.

W 100
E running and weights
E OP Dinner out tonight, good choices
D Peace.

mothermavis
08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
OK, my friend had to bail and I ran anyway. Did great. First time ever that I felt like I could go forever. :carrot: Off to shower, have a great day!

jcatron243
08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I lied. Okay the intentions were great! but we ended up going to the Oregon Zoo. It was totally worth the drive. I ended up walking for 4 hours, so it wasn't a total waste.

Today reunion activities!

emiloots
08-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Silver - hope you have a great day on plan!

Mavis - I'm hoping that one day I can get into running, right now I just need to work on getting back to being fit. Great for you on running alone, it sure is a beautiful day :)

We did the first P90X video last night, rough but I feel like I actually did pretty good considering my lack of exercise for the last 3 or so years. Pushed myself and DH did as well. It's definitely no joke that's for sure! Hope everyone has a great weekend, the weather's supposed to be great here.

W - 64+
E - P90X tonight
E - fat shredder portion of the P90X diet
D - have fun with the kids, get some work around the house done and enjoy the weekend

mtiger
08-07-2010, 08:49 PM
My internet has been down so i have been absent. I am back with good news though. My scale is saying around 173 these days. I don't know what I've done differently but I will take it. I am going to try to catch up on post here this weekend.

jcatron243
08-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Yay mindy!!!

Last night was a lot of fun. I saw people who I never wanted to see again, and people who I have missed terribly. We decided it was time to leave after some guys from our rival school showed up and started a fight . its 15 years later for crying out loud. Any way, It was a really fun time.

love2b150
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone I'm doing good, figured out today while logging my weight on fatsecret that I am down 20lbs as of today. So I'm happy :D My official weigh in day is Tuesday so if the number sticks I'll change my ticker on Tuesday.

Mavis, glad you got to run. I am hoping to one day start C25K, it just hasn't happened yet.

Yay Mindy, I'll be glad when mine says 173 :) I'll be closer to 169 and no longer obese :D

Jeni, glad you had fun. Yeah after 15 years it's time to act like adults. But the old saying is some people never grow up.

my W.E.E.D. has been good

W ~ at least 64oz
E ~ Walked Friday and yesterday 3 miles, today didn't do anything
E ~ Eating was off on Friday calories under 600, but made up for it yesterday and did well today
D ~ need motivation to get things done around the house, I'm not feeling up to doing anything and I think it's mainly because I feel like I do it all for nothing

Have a great night!

SilverLife
08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Good Morning, all!

Lovetob, congratulations on your success! :)
Mtiger, congratulations on your loss! I'm glad your scale gave you a good number! :)

:wave: to everyone!

Today's WEED:

W: 16-20 glasses
E: my whole Callanetics routine! It was grand. Gardening, only my own. (Don't have to water my neighbor's plants now, as she's home.) A nice walk, and will do my rebounding and the evening stretches.
E: Am more accustomed to my plan and am eating a bit less. Hooray!
D: Rising up and going on!

Sending you all best wishes for a very lovely day. :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-09-2010, 11:47 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/209498-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-week-6-a.html#post3428166
Here is the new thread