Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: August 2- August 8

View Full Version : Weekly Chat: August 2- August 8

Tejas
08-02-2010, 09:45 AM
:grouphug:

New Pages!

Tejas
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM
It's a holiday Monday here in Toronto. I'm having lunch with a friend, meeting another friend for the afternoon, then going to see my Godson and his family.

I'll do my best to be OP! I hope you have a good day, and I'll be back tonight.

Cute new avatar Sloan.

Vickie
08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm in a rush. What new? Dropped Brodie off for the neutering this morning and now I need to go to JC. I'll gain again. Sigh. Then brunch with Sister and BIL. Yum.

Love the avatar, Sloan. Jim and I have been watching Mad Men since the beginning and love it.

Rhonda, have fun in Toronto! SOOOOO glad to hear that Kyra is doing well. I cried when we dropped off Brodie. It's upsetting for me to let someone else be in charge of those I love.

Sandra, I'm dusting AFTER brunch. I know....I know.....

Hey to Nancy and Mary Ann!

ontarget
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm dusting, too, Vickie. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

Rhonda, enjoy your day. Sounds like a special one to me.

We are sort of "celebrating" Curtis' last day before surgery. We had lunch out at a local cafe that specalizes in chicken fried steak. I ordered a half/lunch.

I'm sort of OP. Or is that the same thing as "sort of pregnant"? (No such thing?)

Tejas
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi:

I had a good day, and my biggest food crime was having a 1/2 pint and a chicken salad sandwich. But, I had only the one smaall beer and didn't eat all of the bread. For dinner I had a huge salad with shrimp and scallops and too much oil on them...but no bread and no alcohol.

I've reconnected with the Toronto neighborhood boot camp ladies, and will be joining them tomorrow morning at 6AM. I am nuts. :lol:

Have a good night everyone. :wave:

sloanie
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey chickies, got my blood work results today: perfect!! Yay, me :) Tomorrow is my first day back at school. I got some more organizing done today, but I did not get my last set of curains done. I did get the fabric and curtain clip/rings, so I can work on them some more this week. I have not been eating like I should over the last two days, so I need to get back to program.

Rhonda, I'm glad you are having fun and that Kyra is doing well. Have a great time!

Sandra, how are y'all doing? I'm praying that Curtis does not have too much pain after surgery tomorrow.

Vickie, how's Brodie? I hope his procedure went well!

Have a great night, y'all!

nancy237
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Just got in from the mountains ..I went to help my son move..
Great trip..
Sandra..will be praying for Curtis tomorrow!

I ate okay this weekend ..
I am going to try to go to the YMCA some this week.

Vickie
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks! What a tiring and emotional day we had here yesterday.

Sandra, thinking of you and praying for Curtis' quick recovery.

Nancy, I'm glad your trip went well.

Rhonda, it sounds like you are not only having a great time but have mastered the notion of moderation. I'm still working on that! How's Kyra?

Brodie's procedure went perfectly and his bloodwork and tests all showed that he is a fabulously healthy pup! He's wearing his inflatable cone today and although he'd like it off, he's not as upset as other dogs I've had with the dreaded plastic cone. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a dog. He can see all around. We tried to use the soft material comfy cone but he was like a furious bucking bronco. You Texas gals know what that looked like! Doc says he has to wear it for 14 days. We sure hope not. Brodie is the type who will not leave himself alone, so we may have to follow the Doc's advice. Brodie already wants to jump and run. Lordy.

My eating yesterday was good. I ate out at breakfast time and had an omelet and toast; mushroom and avocado. It was a lot of fat but most good. I ate the fresh fruit I got with it for a snack in the afternoon. We were starving at 8:00 last night but didn't want to eat in front of the dog who could not eat until this morning. My poor little boy didn't have any food until this morning from 10:00 Sunday night! We ended up having those DiGiorno 200 calorie pizzas and a WW strawberry shortcake dessert. It was yummy. Brodie had ice chips.

I'll check in later when I can. Sandra/Rhonda, please keep us posted about Curtis.

Tejas
08-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi All:

Continuing the dog check: DH says Kyra chewed out the IV port in her paw, but is no worse for wear. She has decided that she prefers the expensive vet food to what we give her: that's my girl! I assume that means that she is well. :lol:

Sloan, you are a good role model for fixin' up the house!

I don't know anymore about Curtis. I imagine that Sandra will check in with us.

I went to my old neighborhood boot camp this morning at 6AM, and had a great time. I'm impressed with my improvement! :barbell:

I'm off to do a day of visiting. I'll be good :devil:

Rhonda

Vickie
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Rhonda, I bet everyone was impressed with the new YOU! Have a great day today.

We are swimming for our lives here. The rain can stop now.

Vickie
08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Thinking of you, Sandra....and Curtis. Check in when you can.

sloanie
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
First day of school! I got a lot done, and feel pretty good about the first days of school. Students don't report until Friday.

Sandra, I hope Curtis is doing well, and you are not too tired. Make sure and take care of yourself.

Rhonda, I like hearing about your visit. Keep the updates coming.

Vickie, glad Brodie is okay. I hope your rain stops soon.

I'm relaxing with DD after time in the pool with DH. We had BBQ for supper, and it was yummy!

I'll try to check in tomorrow. TTFN

Tejas
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Sloan, your tales of returning are making me so grateful not to be going back. I did visit at my former university today, and I don't miss a thing.

I'm turning in early. I went to boot camp, and am going to a 6:30 AM spinning class...

Talk to you tomorrow...

Vickie
08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Chicks! More rain here today. It's getting REALLY old....and places here were flooding already with the last storm. We are thankful to be in a high and dry area of town. That may be a selling point some day when we want to move on from this house.

We are going to be hanging around today. Trying to distract Brodie from his surgery and the fact that he is wearing an inflatable cone. GREAT product. We bought the soft comfy cone and he went crazy when we tried to put it on. He is tolerating the inflatable one quite well since he can see and play and drink easily. http://www.petco.com/product/100555/ProCollar-Premium-Inflatable-Protective-Collar.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch.

My eating is back to normal. I hope that it won't be an issue for next week. I didn't like two small gains in a row and I don't like that my ticker is wrong....but I'm not changing it. I WILL get back there.

Sandra, hoping all is well with you and Curtis.

Mary Ann, hope you're having fun with the family.

Sloan, that went fast. Don't work too hard.

Rhonda, exercising on vacation. You are a role model for sure.

Gotta run. It's almost 7:00 a.m. here and it's dark as midnight. I think a bad one is coming through.

Tejas
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Yep, exercising on vacation! I went to a spinning class, will go to "boot camp" tomorrow and back to spinning on Friday. I love the Wednesday morning spin teacher here...she is so sweet and then becomes a bully on the bike...great contrast.

I'm out again today, two meals with different sets of friends. I think I'll stay home tonight and rest!

Stay OP, and Vickie, stay dry!!

Rhonda

ontarget
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi, all. Curtis is a poster child forknee replacements. That's what he's telling everyone. Actually, he's being a phenomenal patient. I'm home regrouping, watering flowerbeds, and grabbing the computer to take back to the hospital.

Vickie, I'm so glad Brodie's doing well. I'm 100% positive you will get your ticker moving in the right direction quickly. Please send us some rain. Look at my temp here. It's H O T!

Rhonda, keep having a great time. That's good news about Kyra. You'll have to stock up on the vet pet food.

Sloan, I didn't miss teaching for over 10 years, but I confess I'm having a blast subbing now and am anxious for school to start soon.

Have a good day, everyone.

Don't feel OP but at least I've not had any sweets.

Vickie
08-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Busy day for me today. Hope you have a great one!

Sandra, I'm so glad you let us know how Curtis is doing. You guys come from sturdy stock.

ontarget
08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Good morning. All is well here. I hope you're all having a great, OP! day.

Vickie
08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
So far, so good!

How's Curtis feeling today?

Tejas
08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Sweltering hot here in TO!

Went to exercise and most of us could hardly move, it was so humid!

I'm headed out for dinner with friends a bit later..all is well.

ontarget
08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Curtis is improving quickly, however, right now he's exhausted and sleeping after his 2nd PT workout of the day. Hopefully, we'll go home tomorrow.

My eating's been better today but is still not up to par.

sloanie
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. Way to go, Curtis!

Tomorrow is our first full day with students. I'm sure I'll be exhausted by the end of the day. Not on program :(

TTFN

nancy237
08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
We have a pond on our land that we bought for our retirement...

Today we were there doing a few things and I caught the first fish in our pond !!!

The pond needs some work and I was surprised it had a fish at all...

It was tiny but still neat ..

Sandra..I am so glad Curtis is doing well...
How is the pain ??
Does he have the ice pack cooler??
It took us a while to learn to refill them without a mess..

Sloan.. Your students are back early it seems ..Is it a year round schedule ??

Tejas
08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Groan... I ate pasta! Fettucine with chicken and spinach with olive oil and garlic. Could have been worse, and it was soooo good. Toronto is at least 1/4 Italian, with the best little bistros everywhere. My resistance collapsed. And, I do not want to go spinning in the morning. That must be what pasta does to you! :lol:

The miserable heat has broken and the night is cool. I hope it lasts for a while. These people are really going to welcome fall when it comes.

Oh, the owner-vet returned and was mortified about what happened to Kyra. He took all of the blame on them and reimbursed us for the animal ER. He also gave us lots of pricey food that will help her recovery. He did the right thing.

DH joins me tomorrow.

Congrats on the fish, Nancy. And, Sandra :wave: to Curtis..

ontarget
08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi there. This should be our last night at the hospital. I'm watching the last episode of "Lost" on the computer. Curtis is asleep. He's doing amazingly well. I am so happy for him.

Nancy, we do have the biochill machine. We also have a couple other gadgets that have alphabet names. Home health care will be coming to our home 3 or so weeks. That way Curtis won't have to go to rehab.

Rhonda, enjoy yourself. You'll get back on track quickly. I feel like I've gained a lot while we're here. All I've been doing is eating and sitting.

Sloan, seems like your summer sailed past. I'll bet you're excited about getting your classes. I always was.

Nancy, we have a pond, too. I went home for a couple of hours today and fed our fish. They really churned the water when I tossed out their pellets. :lol:

Vickie, how was your day?

I'm positive I'm not OP. But I will be by Sunday.

Vickie
08-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Finally a sunny day here in Chicagoland. It's probably too cool to swim as the pool as taken on a lot of cold rain water in the last week. So we'll take care of the chemicals and check it out today.

Wee Brodie got sick in his crate last night while we went out. We're thinking that he was upset at being left home alone in his crate with that collar on. So we spent the hour upon return home cleaning up Brodie and the crate/bed. Sigh. Babies!

Sandra, you and Curtis sound like you are doing terrific. It will be great for him to be home. Folks always seem to heal better at home.

Congratulations, Nancy! I've never fished nor am I likely to start. I'd be a good fishing companion though....if I could stop talking that is.

Sloan, I can't believe you are back in school so soon. I never used to go back until Labor Day but they go back sooner now. We never used to get as many days off as they do now.

Rhonda, I eat pasta often but it is whole wheat and only about a cup at a time. I couldn't live without it...and won't! I'm so happy your Vet did the right thing. How is Kyra today? Could we see a picture of her? I don't even know what kind of a pup she is.

Tejas
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Vickie, I'll send a picture of Kyra when I get home. She is a 9 year old Siberian Husky.

My pasta wasn't whole wheat ;)

DH arrives today.

Later,
Rhonda

Vickie
08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Have fun with Doyle!

Vickie
08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Waiting for the plumber. Why does this make me want to eat? Gotta stop being a stress eater. It certainly does NOT help.

sloanie
08-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Aaaaargh! I feel so fat! Why can't we all be small but eat whatever we want? School went well today, but I'm really tired. We are going to eat dinner with my sis, BIL and my mom. Not core, of course :(

I've got to go to dinner, but I will try to check in later. Hope y'all are doing well.

Good thoughts going out for Curtis!!!!!

Tejas
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Sloan, I KNOW the feeling. I had pasta again tonight, but it was not so tasty so I didn't eat very much. But, I am not going to weigh when I get home! I'll wait a week, at least :lol:

DH is here, and I'm glad to see him :dance: It's 9PM and he's sound asleep already. But, I don't blame him. Managing Kyra's meds and getting her over to his daughter's house, as well as just getting here has been tiring.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

sloanie
08-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Vickie, I hope the plumber did not have to do too much. Hope Brodie is okay.

Rhonda, misery does love company, doesn't it? Oh well, I hope we both are able to stay off of the scales for a few days. Glad Doyle is there and resting.

Sandra, how's Curtis doing? I hope he continues to do well. Have you seen the Lost finale before? I really enjoyed it.

I am really tired, but I am enjoying some quiet time. Both kids have gone out, and DH is already asleep. I like this time by myself. Have a great night, chickies!

Tejas
08-07-2010, 11:03 AM
It's 10AM and DH is still asleep! He woke up briefly when a friend phoned, but he is out like a light. Not for long though, because I'm going to breakfast :hungry:

We'll be out in the city playing today, then to the wedding tonight. I hope you all have a great OP day. I'll be as good as I can be :devil:

Vickie
08-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept late myself today. I got up at 6:30 and decided it was TOOOOOO early to be up. So I went back to bed until 8:30 and it felt awesome.

No eating challenges for me today but I feel as if I've over-indulged in salt these past two days. Plenty of water for me. We're not going anywhere and I may even swim. Jim might stay home with Brodie. Brodie got sick in the crate the other night when we left him alone so we may try to avoid it as much as possible for the next week and a half that he has to wear the cone. He's doing ok but he threw up again last night so we've taken him off the pain medicine and have him on a quarter of a pepcid. The pain medicine they gave him was NSAID so it could have been hard on his tummy. He's seems pretty perky this morning, but it was getting to him always around dinnertime. We'll see how it goes.

Rhonda, Doyle must be wiped out. I'm sure he was extra exhausted from the responsibility of Kyra. I hope she's still doing well and I look forward to seeing some pictures of her when you guys get home. Have fun at the wedding!

Sloan, I hope you enjoyed your quiet time. I like it too.

Off to breakfast!

beach bum
08-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Gals:)

My DD & DGC left and I had lots of fun with them. Felt like a tourist myself with all the stuff we did in 1 week. We went on a duck mobile, fishing & swimming in the bay this time around.

With all the take out & restaurant eating got me into trouble I gained 7 lbs, but lost 3 of them so far. This afternoon I'm going to the movies with my friend Mary to see [the other guys] and tomorrow I go with my friend Alice to Nob Hill and get some walking & some hiking done.

I haven't read any of your post but I will,after the weekend is done.Just came back to let you know I'm still around and will post regularly next week

Have a nice weekend

ontarget
08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi there. We are home and Curtis is doing well. He's still the poster child for recovery. He's lucky to be home and not in rehab. Home health will be here starting tomorrow, but I don't really think we need them. He's doing amazingly well.

I'm with ya'll on feeling bloated. Seems all I did at the hospital was sit and eat. It's good to be getting some normalcy back.

Vickie, I'm sorry Brodie is having so many problems. Ya'll need some normalcy, too. Hopefully, Brodie will get to lose the cone soon. Have fun swimming.

Rhonda, Doyle must be wiped out. I know I would have been. Enjoy your vacation.

Maryann, welcome back. I missed you, girl.

Sloan, how was your evening out? I don't know if I would have had energy to go out to eat after first day of school. But then I'm a lot older than you. (and I feel it!) I had not seen the ending of "Lost" yet. I enjoyed it the other night. It was wonderful having the computer and earphones. Curtis could sleep and I could be entertained.

We just had a CORE peach/banana shake. Life is good.

Vickie
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Glad you had fun, Mary Ann.

Sandra, how awesome that Curtis is doing so well! Let the home care folks take care of him, especially if it is covered under your insurance. I always think it's best to leave that stuff to the professionals.

Thanks for feeling sorry for my baby dog. He's like my real kid. I know I'm an overprotective dog mom but I take my responsibilities very seriously. I'm sure he'll be fine soon.

I didn't swim today. I surfed and worked on stuff around the house. Life is good, isn't it?

sloanie
08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey chickies, I've been busy again today. I moved stuff from one closet to another, finished two curtains, and worked on the laundry. I didn't get as much laundry done as I wanted to 'cause our water was off for a while. Apparently a pipe broke on our street. It's back on now, so it's back to laundry duty.

Vickie, it's awful that Brodie keeps getting sick. I hope things settle down soon.

Rhonda, have fun!

Sandra, it's awesome that Curtis is doing so well. You must be a fantastic nurse! Did you like the final episode of Lost? I've watched it a couple of times. We didn't actually go out to dinner, we just went to my sister's house to eat. That is a lot more "low key" than going out. She lives only two miles from me, so it's a quick trip.

Maryann, I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. You'll have those extra pounds off in no time.

I'm vegging on the couch and watching a John Wayne movie with DH tonight.
I may check in later if I'm not too sleepy.

Vickie
08-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks, Sloan. Brodie did great all day today. No bad effects from stopping the pain medicine and the pepcid must be helping his tummy. All is well. Now we just have to count down the days until we can take off the inflatable collar.

You were a busy girl today. Funny, you don't strike me as the Western type of girl.

Vickie
08-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I win! I win! Last on, first on.

Good Morning Chicks! I've got a quiet day today and I'm thrilled. Brodie is doing well, as are we. We are on program. Life is Good.

How will you all spend your Sunday?

sloanie
08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Vickie, I'm not really a western girl, but I am a John Wayne girl :) I'm still working on drapes today. I hope today is the last day on them.

Hope you all are having a great day.

ontarget
08-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi there. First off let me say, "I'm OP!!!!"

Vickie, I'm glad Brodie's getting better. How much longer will he have to wear the inflatable cone? That ha to be uncomfortable for him. Sounds like he's a pretty good patient considering all he's having to deal with. You are a fantastic doggie mom.

What are we doing today? Curtis is in bed using the exercising machine on his leg. I'm just chilling out for a bit. We've had visitors and phone calls. A neighbor brought over homemade goodies for Curtis. Other than that--extremely low key.

Sloan, we watched an old western the other night on DVD cuz our satellite was out due to a storm. It was pretty good--would have been better with John Wayne.

I'm getting off line for a bit so I can rest whil Curtis does. (I feel like I've had a baby.) :lol:

Vickie
08-08-2010, 04:38 PM
It comes off next Sunday. It will be a long week for all of us. He is being great about it though.

ontarget
08-09-2010, 12:41 AM
I know how you feel. Curtis and I are soooo ready for normalcy.