Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Chat Thread Week 10 (8/02 - 8/08)

Bigmid
08-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone here it is week 10 already can you believe it. It's very sad to know that summer is already half over

Well we lost one team mate today with lots of Freebies handed out due to missing WI time......and I gave everyone and extra hour today.

I also would like to remind everyone to post at least once during the week or you can't be the BL and that goes for this week the person with the biggest loss did not post so they became a runner up.

Congratulations to all of our losers this week. Once again I just missed the list due to so many great losses......WTG team that's awesome. Not sure if we will win the overall this week though as our percentage is really low due to lack of WI

Congratulations:
Biggest Loser:
OrganizedChaos: -2lbs -.82%

Runners Up:
Mercy03: -1lb -.71%
Muffentop: -3.2lbs -1.48%
gracie789: -1lb -.64%

Have a great week 10 everyone and please remember to weigh in and to post in the chat for the week.

Narnia99
08-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Congratulations, OrganizedChaos for being our BL :cheer2: and also to Mercy, Muffentop and Gracie for being the runner ups :cheer3:

Sorry team, I was one of the people who didn't weigh in in time. I kept meaning to all day and then something would come up. I just logged on now and realized that I am too late.
I had a good week, but I only lost 1lb. I am happy to be losing again, and not gaining like I have been. Well I better get some sleep as I am planning on working out at 5:15.

OrganizedChaos
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow, Can't believe it's me! :o Congratulations to our runner-ups, Mercy03,
Muffentop, and gracie789!

I can't believe it is week 10 already. The summer is just flying by for me. Another item to proove that for me, is my kiddo's started back 2 school today. It is always a bitter sweet time. They are growing up so fast, but I am also excited to have them back on a schedule. The summer just ends up being unscheduled chaos at my house.

Overall my weight loss has really slowed down from where it was 3 months ago, but I am still happy with it. I had really thought that I would meet my next mini-goal by today, August 2nd. However, that just wasn't in the cards. I am hopeful by mid August I can meet it, and then time to create the next one.

How is everyone else doing?

ricepapr
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi bluets,

Congrats to OrganizedChaos and all the runner-ups. And OC--good luck on reaching your mini-goal.

I'm really hoping for a loss this week b/c I'm sure Sunday's weight was mostly water retention, even though I did eat poorly the previous weekend--it just wasn't enough calories to explain even a 1 lb gain. I also want to cut back on my strength training b/c 1) I never got close to the 200 minutes a week that I aimed for and 2) I'm kinda exhausted by the time I start cardio. So, my goal for this week will be 75 minutes.

I'm really trying to make it to the 190s by the end of August b/c I'll be spending a lot of September at pool and beach parties and making that goal by then will make me feel so much better.

I also found something called Bio Oil that is supposed to be great at lightening stretch marks. A lot of them appeared back in January so I'm going to start using that and vitamin E and will hope for the best.

Khrungy
08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Very busy this week preparing for vacation and getting my sister's family moved into their new place. Just wanted to jump in for a quick congrats to OrganizedChaos, Mercy03, Muffentop, and gracie789! Way to go girls!!!:high:

gardenerjoy
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Congratulations, OrganizedChaos, for being our Biggest Loser! Way to go!

And good job to our runners up Mercy03, Muffentop, and gracie789!

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I'm going to write my "freebie" in now before I forget. It's going to be an eating vacation but I'm going to be very careful with portion sizes because I want to see a good 2 week drop the next week!

babygrant
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey ladies

I'm back from camping and had a blast. Started on a gluten free diet today and I'm feeling quite drained. *yawn*

Will be back tommorow for personals.

Bigmid
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on I have been busy with trying to figure out what to do with my condo in BC. I just talked to my dad and he figures about $7000.00 to fix it up again and he said the manager told him I can't rent it out again. So really need to get some answers here.

I'll be back tomorrow for some personals......hope you all had a great OP day. I did manage that at least:)

OrganizedChaos
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I also found something called Bio Oil that is supposed to be great at lightening stretch marks. A lot of them appeared back in January so I'm going to start using that and vitamin E and will hope for the best.

Please update on how the Bio Oil does once you have given it a shot. I am interested in trying it too.

babygrant
08-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Please update on how the Bio Oil does once you have given it a shot. I am interested in trying it too.

I used Bio Oil after I had a breast reduction and it worked wonderful!! I should dig it out again and use it on my stretch marks.

OrganizedChaos
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I used Bio Oil after I had a breast reduction and it worked wonderful!! I should dig it out again and use it on my stretch marks.

Where can I buy it?

abreezies
08-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Last week was camp week and this weekis vacation bible school. Very minimal working out for 2 weeks....ugh. Good news is that I haven't gained, but no loss either. I am really ready to get back into my regular routine. Maybe I needed this break and my weight loss will pick back up.....it has been going at snail pace.....lol

Bigmid
08-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey just a fly by check in again. Been very busy and not really sure why or with what....lol Well I have to get to work right now but I promise I will be back to do this properly. Have a great day everyone.

babygrant
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Where can I buy it?

I got it at walmart. Was about $12.00 canadian for a bottle.

ricepapr
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I got it at walmart. Was about $12.00 canadian for a bottle.

And I got mine at Walgreens. They had this and vitamin E on sale this week--score! I really dislike the scent of the Bio Oil though so I just use it at night and the E during the day.

babygrant
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Past couple of days I've felt amazing! I've cut out gluten and eliminated the very small amount of dairy I was consuming out. My tummy bloat is gone, tummy pain is gone, energy is up 100%, anxiety attacks are gone, mood swings are gone. And this is usually my worst week because it's right before my TOM. I even measured myself and in 3 days I've lost 3 inches off my tummy. I've debating making some gluten free goodies like chocolate chip cookies, zucchini muffins, etc, but I don't think I want those trigger foods in the house, so I'll just stick to whole foods. I'm hoping for a good loss this week!

Where's everyone else? Been quiet lately, I hope everyone is in vacation mode and not losing their motivation!

dayoneagain
08-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Sorry guys - I've been AWOL for what seems like weeks! Have used both my freebies now so hopefully will be able to get to my computer to post every Sunday til the end. I have been just so so busy that I've not had a moment to think!

Hope everyone's good!xx

OrganizedChaos
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
And I got mine at Walgreens. They had this and vitamin E on sale this week--score! I really dislike the scent of the Bio Oil though so I just use it at night and the E during the day.

Thank You! I have a Walgreens right across the street from my office, so I will check it out.

Bigmid
08-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA crazy things going on here. I have to do an emergency trip out to BC so I've been working everyday and then coming home and now trying to get things organized for leaving on Sunday and trying to exercise etc. Ahhhhhh life.
I will check in tomorrow though and I may be a little late posting the new threads as I'm not sure what time I will end up in BC it's about an 11hr drive.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

babygrant
08-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA crazy things going on here. I have to do an emergency trip out to BC so I've been working everyday and then coming home and now trying to get things organized for leaving on Sunday and trying to exercise etc. Ahhhhhh life.
I will check in tomorrow though and I may be a little late posting the new threads as I'm not sure what time I will end up in BC it's about an 11hr drive.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Where abouts in BC are you heading? Lots of forest forrest fires burning and evacation orders being handed out, so be prepared on road blocks etc depending on where your going.

Cape Breton Chick
08-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey there ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks.. things have been a lil crazy round here.. the weather has been great so lots to do :) Things have been going okay plan wise.. I have dropped a lil this week..I think, but I seem to be sticking around the same weight wise but everyone has been complimenting me left n right on how much I have lost, and I bought all new jeans last week... all one full size smaller..woo hoo so I am thinking its all inches coming off as the scale is not agreeing..haha
I hope everyone is well and healthy! :grouphug:

Bigmid
08-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi babygrant I am heading to Chilliwack I have been trying to watch the news and weather network etc. but no one is saying where the fires are and if any roads are affected. Will google it after this. Thanks for the heads up though.

Okay everyone quick explaination that I am heading to BC in the morning and will be getting a hotel with internet access but I may be a little late in posting the new threads it may even be first thing Monday morning I hope everyone is okay with that. I will do my very best to do it Sunday night it just depends of if I hit a lot of construction or road blocks from the fires as to what time I will make it to Chilliwack. Please still weigh in on time as it is only fair to everyone else that did. Thanks so much for your understanding in this.....it is a very unplanned trip I just needed to go there to straighten things out with the condo.

That being said I hope all of you trying the Bio oil get the results you are looking for and WTG for everyone who has been sticking to plan and having successes. Sorry I didn't get to personals this week but I have been reading. Great job everyone. Were heading in to the last few weeks of competition so lets see what we can do.

babygrant
08-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi babygrant I am heading to Chilliwack I have been trying to watch the news and weather network etc. but no one is saying where the fires are and if any roads are affected. Will google it after this. Thanks for the heads up though.

Here's a map of all of the current fires: http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Fires.asp?Mode=normal&AllFires=1&FC=7

If you click on interactive map it will show you on a map where they are. Safe travels!!

babygrant
08-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I had a wonderful week this week with lots of weight lost. I went gluten free and for the most part dairy free and the weight has been melting off. Down just over 6 lbs this week (but about 4 from my 2 week ago weigh in). I feel incredible though. :carrot:

Dark and gloomy here today. Good thing for all the forest fires, but defenitely not good when it just makes me want to sleeeeeeeeeep. Good day for some baking though!!

Hope you all have a successful weigh in and an amazing week to come.

grneyegrl
08-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone, I've been MIA - lots going on, unable to get to the computer. Knowing you are all out there working your tails off has helped motivate me - thanks!

Catsgetnhealthy
08-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I too want to apologize for being MIA. Bigmid have a safe trip!!! HOpe everyone is doing well. I'm doing good. Finally got that dang metal monster to move! :carrot: So hoping I can keep it going!! gotta go finish laundry, then grocery shop and figure out what's for dinner. :dizzy: Have a good sunday and :cheers: to wonderful weigh ins!!!

NancyO
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Blue Team,

Had an okay week this week, thought I might lose more, but at least I made it into the 180s! (189.8, but still :)) Went to Banff for the day, but it was kinda rainy, still nice to spend the day in the mountains. I also bought some Bio Oil, so hopefully that will help with my stretch marks too!

Bigmid
08-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone made it safe to BC thanks babygrant for the link to the fires. There were none that were in our way and the road construction wasn't bad either.

Closing off this chat thread and will post the new one asap