LA Weight Loss - August 2010

View Full Version : August 2010

Joni135
08-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, guess I'll start the month off...
I've been soooooooo busy with work I haven't been able to spend much time here or on facebook..........but I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused on their long-term goals....keep up the good work.

Mama Nicole
08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/44723/2066943760099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2066943760099958805SXdrNh) http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/76/76/3/6/58/2593306580099958805cKirew_th.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2593306580099958805cKirew)
http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/43954/2803970540099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2803970540099958805fxVTbr)

Mama Nicole
08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/44036/2593306580099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2593306580099958805cKirew)

juliemarie
08-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Super-cute cake Nicole! Oh and the birthday girl is adorable too!

heather314
08-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday ;)

Well, the weekend wasn't too good diet wise. Doing take-off today and tomorrow and getting a fresh start! Oh how I hate takeoff! :mad: Does anyone know if artichokes are okay for takeoff???? I LOVE artichokes and I have 2 in the fridge and would love to have one! They're green.....lol. Hope someone out there knows :D

Nicole that cake is awesome! Bethany looks like a barbie doll herself :D

Debbie24
08-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning Ladies :)

I've been very very bad and i'm seriously stuck. Since I had to stop exercising i've been feeling really crappy and discouraged.

The little one has been nursing alot and I cant seem to find the right balance to lose and take in enough good cals. I'm just feeling lost.

I havent been keeping a food diary which I think messes me up even more so I today i'll start writing everything down. I was thinking of going back to one of my old ones and following it exactly for a few days, just need to figure out where I put them.

Anyway just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how everyone is doing.

Nicole beautiful cake, you did a great job on it!

Hope you are all having a good day.

Mama Nicole
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Debbie, Debbie, Debbie....chin up, girl! You really don't have to give up exercising.......just maybe try something that can help you to relax a bit, like brisk walking or yoga. I think the calorie intake is the main isssue while nursing....not exercise. Our bodies were made to burn calories and work hard. And exercise releases endorphines in our brains, which make us feel GREAT! I can see how finding time to work out with 4 little ones could cause you stress, and stress and nursing do not get along very well....but do not give up on your health! And I will be honest here...I never figured out that balance when I had little babies in the house...but I hope you can. I think some high protein snacks would serve you well...and fruit! You NEED lots of energy to do your job.....and if you don't consume enough, well, we all know what happens. When I was nursing....I seem to remember hearing that nursing moms required 500 additional calories a day....so I would think the very least you should consume is 2000 cals. In any case....good for you for staying active on the forum even when you are struggling...and you too, Heather! Stay with us, and do NOT give up. Make TODAY the day of good healthy choices!
XOXO

JLem311
08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
popping in quick to say hi.

Mama Nicole
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Jillian :) I LOVE your subtitle.... :) How long has it been that way?

heather314
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi Jillian :wave:

Cooking dinner now. Decided to make the artichoke. It can't be that bad right? I mean it's green, not considered a starchy vegetable, and has TONS of fiber... tell me i'm not screwing up my takeoff lol :?: Anyway having sirloin steak and green beans with it YUM!

Debbie- Hang in there! I know how hard it is with the nursing, although i'm only nursing part of the time now. I'm not one of those lucky women who the weight falls off of when nursing. My body seems to want to hang on to every pound it has unfortunately :mad:

I hope you all are having a good day!

JLem311
08-02-2010, 08:12 PM
nicole--the exercise quote? it's been there for a year now. :) since i started working out consistently.

JLem311
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
oh wait..you're probably talking about the wonder woman? i put that on there about a month ago.

MicLindy
08-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Morning Ladies. I've also been stuck. I keep bouncing within a 3lb range....can't seem to break it. I've been fighting a sinus thing which has thrown my equilibrium off so no working out for me for the last week. I keep trying to get motivated - I stop by here to read all the encouraging posts in hopes it will rub off on me. Hopefully within the next couple of days, I'll get back on track.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Debbie24
08-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Good morning all!

So yesterday I wrote everything down and did so well. Feeling so much better today about everything. Ugh deciding what to have for dinner is always a challenge, we're soo tired of the same ol'.

What is everyone else having for dinner tonight?

Nicole ~ Thank you for the encouragement. I've never tried yoga, I have a dvd maybe i'll try it. Exercise really does release some feel good endorphins huh? I was feeling soo good!. You're right bf mamas should take in an extra 500 cals and i'm finding it soo hard to even get in 1,200 if i'm eating right, easily done if i'm eating junk. LOL. You are doing awesome, look at all that weightloss in just 2 months! You are soo gonna beat your Aug goal, keep it up mama!

Heather ~ I'm like you, I dont lose just from breastfeeding like some mamas. My body holds on to each lb too.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far, the little one is crying so i'll wrap this up.

Will check in later.

Kimphin
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi all! Back from OBX, raring to go. Food choices were pretty good on vacation, it was way too hot to eat! I got up early and walked on the bike path, which was a great start to the days. I had planned to walk this am too, but unpacking got the best of me last night and I went to bed really late, so tomorrow it is.

DH wants to get an elliptical, since running on the treadmill was one of the things that led to his herniated disks last winter. I think that we will go shoppin for one this weekend. Anyone have any that they recommend? I love the arc trainer at the gym - but I'm not planning on spending thousands of dollars for one.

Hoochie
08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Morning everyone, well I start bootcamp again tonight for the next month twice a week. I really need it. I havent got on the scale this week because I have had so much company. I have eaten okay but its those cocktails that I had along with it killed me!
I booked a week in Vegas for October so I have until the 17th to lose ten pounds so I can shop!
My son wants to do a detox with me which is kind of cool as he is such a health and work out nut. I am so glad to have him around as he is so encouraging. He wants to do a two week detox, yikes! Those are worse than TO. At least take off is only two days!!!!!
Okay well I should run. Have a great week!

Joan

JLem311
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
hello everyone. busy busy busy lately..or should i say, ALWAYS. :) i'm making my nephew's 1st birthday cake (the smash cake) and the party theme is animals..so i'm making him a monkey head. :) should be cute. i hope i can make it small enough. i'm so used to do LARGE scale cakes, but i'm sure it'll be fine. :) that party is on saturday, so at least i have something planned for the weekend. it seems that with DH gone, the weekends are quite boring. :(
anyways, i'm still going..doing well with my workouts and eating. :) still trying to lose more, it's hard at this weight..i fight for every ounce it seems like.

JLem311
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
wow..could i have used more smiley faces in my post? ha!

Mama Nicole
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
A super stressful, kids fighting kind of day here...........and I still stayed OP, and even worked out. :)

heather314
08-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Mornin everyone!

Made it through take-off yaaayyy!!! Down 3.2 :carrot::D:carrot: Starting on plan 2 today and seeing how that works for me. Anyone else on the numbered plans and how are they working for you?? i'm really nervous about it with the extra starch..... Getting ready to head to the gym now!

Nicole- Good for you staying on plan and even getting a work out in on a kid-stressy day!! Those are the worst for me and I have the hardest time staying on track when I get stressed out! You're doing awesome!!:cb:

Hoochie
08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Bootcamp was awesome last night. My arms are really sore today though as it was lots of strength and endurance last night. I feel so good after I work out. It makes me wonder why I dont do it more often.
Well have a great day everyone!

Joan

Debbie24
08-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Morning :)

How is everyone doing? Aside from a a couple bites of apple pie yesterday I did great, not beating myself up about it because its a lifestyle change right? I will be coming across pies at some point in my life, LOL.

Aiming for a POP day today and writing everything down, its been helping me so much to stay on track.

Nicole ~ wow awesome that you stayed POP and worked out on a stressful day, those are the worse for me and by the end I feel like I need some comfort and its usually in a bad food choice.

Hope everyone is doing well & having a good day!

Mama Nicole
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Yay Jillian, Debbie, Joan, and Heather. It is so encouraging to me to hear such positive stories and experiences. Keep working hard!!! It is a lifestyle change, and healthy people DO enjoy small amounts of apple pie or birthday cake, ahem. :)

BarbaraB
08-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Debbie, Our neighbor brought over the most delish apple crisp the other day and I ate some. So you are not alone in your encounters with desserts that are not diet friendly.

Nicole, I am trying to rework my relationship with things like birthday cake. It is not some horrible sin to eat something like that. It just has to be in moderation. Of course moderation does not come easily to me. I do think the hypnotism seminar that I went to was helpful. I think I'll find the cd's from the hypnotist and listen to them. I think sometimes the really thin people don't love food less, they just savor it more slowly and can get full enjoyment out of less of it.

JLem311
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
hello all. just thought i'd pop in and say hi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NICOLE!! :bday2:

i also wanted to report that i have made it to another one of my mini goals! :) my scale finally gave in a bit and gave me 170.4! so other than the .4, i'm at my goal! and personally, i say, screw the .4, i'm calling it a WIN. :dance:

so i'm pretty darn happy about that! this is the lowest i've seen on the scale since i don't know when. so i'm quite pleased!

Kimphin
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Happy 40th Nicole!

:bday2you:

And Jillian - you're right. Screw the .4! P.S. you need to change the "lowest weight" on your signature! Awesome!

JLem311
08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
good lord, kim..trying to out-do me on the birthday wish, or what? ;) kidding!

yeah, barbara said something about it the other day, i guess i'm still in shock that i'm past my lowest weight..it's still a bit surreal to me that i'm going further than i have before. i think i'll just delete the lowest weight part and leave the highest weight part on there..just so people know that i was pregnant when i was at that weight..not just a gigantic fatty. ;) no offense meant either..it was a crack at myself. haha..ok, i'm done.

heather314
08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
:hat::hat::bday2: HAPPY BDAY NICOLE!!!!! :bday2::hat::hat:

WTG Jillian!!!!!! :bravo::dancer::congrat: That's so exciting!!!

JLem311
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
we were posting at the same time heather! :) thanks for the congrats! you'd think the shock would wear off as i keep getting lower and lower, but i'm still amazed that the scale keeps going. on to the next mini goal. i'm thinking i'll just keep going in 5lb increments. i like my ticker much more that way.

Debbie24
08-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I cant believe that school is almost starting here, its gonna be an even crazier household. I'm going to hate waking up soo early and I thought once I was done with school I would get to sleep in more. My 6.5yr old was talking to me and I thought of school starting, LOL.

I'm trying soooo hard not to weigh myself daily or even weekly, i'm aiming to go the entire month and weigh at the end of the month. Its been soo hard and i'm only on day 4, ahh.

Nicole ~ :woo:Happy Birthday:bday2:! Thank you for the encouragement once again, i'm glad that I can come here and confess my not so healthy choice and I wont get put down for it.

Barbara ~ You're right, I think savoring the foods more would help. I find that I eat really quickly not because of choice but because I only have a short time to take care of myself before someone else needs something. I need to slow down a bit and I think that will help in eating less or feeling like snacking after meals which happens alot.

Jillian ~ :cheer:woo hoo:cb:!!! WTG mama on making your goal and I agree, screw the .4lb. You're doing awesome! I'm doing the 5lb increments also because really since i'm BF I should only be losing 1lb a week anyway.

Hi :wave: Heather, Kim, Joan and everyone else :).

Nicole hope you enjoy your birthday!

juliemarie
08-05-2010, 12:05 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

:balloons::gift::balloons::gift::balloons::gift:

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:

:bday2::bday2::bday2::bday2::bday2::bday2::bday2:

Kimphin
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I've gone blind.

BarbaraB
08-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Happy birthday Nicole. Savor your cake! 40 is a great age to be!

Jillian, Just wow! You've done great. I think I've seen that 170 on the ticker on and off for years now, and there you are. Enjoy the victory that you've won with your continued dedication and consistency.

Hoochie
08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!!! I hope you have an amazing day, and enjoy a slice of dessert for this special day.

Debbie- I think its okay to weigh in everyday. Dont be hard on yourself. If I dont weight myself for more than a week, I tend to eat more than I should. If I get on the scale everyday and see that I am up a few pounds, then I am better at watching what I eat again.

By the way, its nice to see this site getting active again!!!

Bootcamp again tonight...yay!

Joan

Debbie24
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Joan ~ I'm terrible, if I weigh myself and i'm up I get totally discouraged and eat worse. If I hold off I do good and hopefully when I do weigh I see a nice big loss. I know though if I wait till the end of August and dont make my 5lb goal i'm not going to be happy. I'll come here and whine and I know you all will make me feel better and I can look toward Sept.

Debbie24
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Morning everyone, TGIF!

Hope everyone is having a good start. I honestly just realized that its friday, YAY!. Didnt make a good breakfast choice this morning out of pure laziness and now its bothering me. Ahh. Wasnt too bad but I know 5 mins and I would have had something healthier. Anyway..

So what do you all have planned for the weekend??

Hubby was supposed to be home today and tomorrow but has to work :(. All we have is sunday now but the bright side is that when he's off we eat terrible so good thing he's at work even though we could have used the nice long weekend together.

Hope everyone is having a good friday so far. Be good! :)

JLem311
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
hello all. i'm having a "wonderful" (sense the sarcasm) start to my friday..don't even want to get into all the crappy details. i'm just hoping it gets better.

as for weekend plans..my nephew is turning 1yr old tomorrow, and i'm making his smash cake. it's a monkey. :) should be cute and easy to do, except with my 1yr old under my feet all the time..ugh.

anyways, didn't get a chance to skype with DH much this whole week due to his schedule and mine. :( the 9.5hr time difference really sucks.

anyways, on a more positive note...uhhh, hmmm..yeah, not sure if i have a positive note to end on, so i'll just do this: :)

heather314
08-08-2010, 08:41 AM
It's been so quiet here this weekend! I hope everyone is having a great one!

Jillian I hope your weekend has gone better than it started :hug:

Debbie Enjoy your Sunday with hubby!! :dust: Here's some dust to help you make good choices lol!

Nicole Hope you enjoyed your birthday... and a little cake too :D

Weekends been good for me so far pretty much. DH came home early from work on Friday night (8pm, he works second shift) and brought me my favorite wine so that kinda blew my fruits out of proportion for the night :dizzy: It was yummy though! Yesterday we went to the potato and corn festival and all the food smelled SO good!!! I'm proud to say I had NONE of it :carrot::carrot::carrot: I was trying really hard to find something that resembled healthy but gave up when I saw the stand making "fried dough pizza's" LOL Would love to see that nutritional info on those babies!! So we picked up kids meals at wendy's on the way home, and I make a big salad, and it was yummy, and I didn't miss the fair food at all :D (okay maybe a little bit ........)
Was planning on going to the gym today but DH has a union meeting to go to so that's out :( Will have to go tomorrow instead. Been trying to follow plan 2 to the letter and praying it works for me!! I feel like i'm eating more though and it makes me nervous. Anyone else on plan 2?
Babie's up, gotta go for now! TTYL

Debbie24
08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone!

How was everyones weekend? It was sooo not a productive weekend in any way for me. I am happy to say that I did well with my choices this weekend, thank you for the dust Heather!

Saturday the boys wanted KFC and even though I had some I made some veggies for myself to go with it so I ate less of everything else and I had the breast piece no skin.

OK I so didnt want this to get long but I have to tell you all. I just found out that my brother is getting married next July in NY. I have to share because NY is sooo my downfall. After I leave there the wagon has disappeared and its no where to be found. I've done this weightloss twice already and twice NY has been my sabotage. I'm afraid but I dont want to do this again, I want to be healthy and happy for longer than a few months.

Jillian ~ pls share a pic of the cake, did everything go well?

Heather ~ WTG on resisting the fair food, must have been sooo hard but you did it!! Winning those little battles make you feel great dont it?

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

JLem311
08-09-2010, 08:45 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/monkeycake.jpg

Debbie24
08-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Jillian ~ That is just too cute! Great job!

I'm having a nice start, i'm down 3.6lbs in 1 week. I'm sure to reach my august goal:carrot::carrot:

Hope everyone elses day is going well so far.

Wendelina
08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
HELP!!!!

Well.. maybe hello would be a better way to start out :-)

Hi, I'm Wendy. I used to hang out here a lot before life overwhelmed me and I had no time to breathe. I now have time to breathe, but I've also put on 20 of the lbs that I lost using LAWL - and I need to kick some arse and get back on track!
I recognize a few names yet here from back in the day - and I'm glad there are some familiar faces still here. Now I just need some motivation, and hopefully give some out as well. I knew this would be a good place to get some much needed support.

Happy Monday Everyone :-)

Wendelina
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Happy Belated, Nicole - from one Leo to another :-)

JLem311
08-09-2010, 12:04 PM
holy cr@p! :) hey Wendy! good to "see" you!!!

Hoochie
08-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey everyone, how was the weekend? Mine was okay. I went to the farmers market and bought lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I ordered a pair of nice jeans on the internet and they are a size 31 which is where I barely am so I need to work hard for the next couple of weeks so when they arrive, they fit!!!! haha. I am still really enjoying boot camp but I wish I was seeing more changes. I think I am really going to have to start writing down what I eat again.
Debbie- way to go with your weight loss so far, thats great. Hang in there!
I really wish i could lose 5 pounds in the next couple of weeks. Part of me wonders whether I need to go to a centre again. It seems that when I am accountable to someone, I do so much better!!!! sigh....
Okay well have a great day!
Oh and nice Monkey cake Jillian!

Joan

juliemarie
08-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Jillian-yet another awesome cake! I love this-needless to say, I have a soft spot for monkeys! No matter what animal rights' activists may think!:dizzy:

I had a really good conversation in the mickey D's playland the other day with another mom who was a vegetarian and she asked me where I worked and she said "oh, we better not talk about that. I've been a member of PETA for a long time!"

We talked anyway (i don't mind differing views-just don't be an A#S about it)-I don't want animals used for medical research unless there is a real probable outcome of new drugs/therapy/etc that will benefit humans . . .

Anyway-at one point she said-"Even though I believe it's wrong, if something happened to my child and animal research might find a cure, I'd want it done."

So-yeah, there's the rub, huh? I have to hand it to her-at least she admitted it. It's amazing how different we think when it comes to our children.

BTW-I'm not trying to start a discussion on the right/wrong of animal research-don't want to offend anyone. Just thought it was an interesting conversation and testament to the things we will do for our kids.

Has being a parent changed the way you think about something that you believe(d) strongly in? Or make you do something you never thought you would do? I remember someone asking me what I would do with my kitties (my babies, then!) if Josie was allergic. I couldn't even make myself go there-now, however, as much as i love them-I would give them up if I had to.

JLem311
08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
i know what you mean, JM. the thing that i gave up almost a year ago was texting/talking while driving. i used to do it constantly..i was pro. but i realized that now that Julia is 7yrs old it's not setting a good example. and first and foremost, it's absolutely UNSAFE. and i was endangering my 3 kids each time i did it. so i stopped. and it irritates me to no end when i see others on their phones talking/texting while driving. (i do talk sometimes, but only if i'm on my bluetooth.) so that's one of the things that immediately pops into my head.

juliemarie
08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
i know what you mean, JM. the thing that i gave up almost a year ago was texting/talking while driving. i used to do it constantly..i was pro. but i realized that now that Julia is 7yrs old it's not setting a good example. and first and foremost, it's absolutely UNSAFE. and i was endangering my 3 kids each time i did it. so i stopped. and it irritates me to no end when i see others on their phones talking/texting while driving. (i do talk sometimes, but only if i'm on my bluetooth.) so that's one of the things that immediately pops into my head.

It's now illegal in Oregon to use cell phones with the hands-free devices which has made it much easier for me to give up-though I have a cheapie headset which gets tangled up constantly-I've answered it a couple of times ready to throw the thing on the floor if I see a cop! I've never tried texting while driving (i have a hard enough time with it as it is-I suck at texting!).

My SIL has a driving teen now-and boy would his head roll if he got caught using his phone while driving!

BarbaraB
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
JM, My DD already got a ticket for using the phone while driving here in Oregon. She says she was just silencing the phone while it was ringing but the officer just got all mean and yelled at her saying she was texting while driving. I believe her though.

Yeah, the animals are demoted to just animals when you have children in the house. Of course the kids grow up and the animals are promoted back up to being your sweeties. It is hard to get the image of those poor tortured monkeys out of your mind, the ones that they did the horrible psychological studies on in the past. I saw a documentary recently on Cocaine and they had pictures of monkeys who had been given the cocaine and were forced to pick between food and cocaine and they went with the drugs. Poor creatures. They already saw that people were easily addicted, did they really need to do that test? However I would not want to give my child or even my parent a drug that they had no idea whether or not it was likely to be safe. I guess it is a matter of likely outcomes. If you are pretty sure that it is going to constitute great suffering for the animal, why are they doing it. Then again if they already think it will likely be safe, then somehow I'm OK with them using the animal, even monkeys, to figure out that it really is as it seems.

We are just getting crazy excited about my DD college graduation this weekend. I've never thrown such a big party! Lots of logistics.

Debbie24
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Wendy ~ Welcome back! I just restarted also after having my 4th child, i'm very excited about losing again and this time around i'm taking it slow and am not in any rush. Hope you have lots of success!

Joan ~ Glad to hear that you are enjoying boot camp. I need to go to the farmers market one day too and get some fruits and veggies. Oh and btw I started writing everything down again last week and find that i'm doing soo much better, it kinda keeps me accountable also while I make sure i'm getting everything I need daily. Try it for a few days and see how it goes, cant hurt.

JM ~ not about the kids but I think i'm allergic to our pup, the day we got her is the day I conceived my DD so I always thought the allergies had to do with the new preg, LOL but maybe because I didnt want to accept that it was our Rosie. I told hubby that she's our pet for life though so if i'm allergic i'll take meds. I think if it was one of the kids allergic it would be different but thankfully they are all ok and they love her!

Barbara ~ wow a college graduate, how exciting! Hope the party is a success and everyone has a blast!

Kimphin
08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
HELP!!!!

Well.. maybe hello would be a better way to start out :-)

Hi, I'm Wendy. I used to hang out here a lot before life overwhelmed me and I had no time to breathe. I now have time to breathe, but I've also put on 20 of the lbs that I lost using LAWL - and I need to kick some arse and get back on track!
I recognize a few names yet here from back in the day - and I'm glad there are some familiar faces still here. Now I just need some motivation, and hopefully give some out as well. I knew this would be a good place to get some much needed support.

Happy Monday Everyone :-)

WENDY!!!!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you!

Sorry about the 20 lbs, darn things - so easy to find, so hard to lose.

JLem311
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
i'm in a whole new category for WL #'s!!!! 169 baby! so freakin' excited when i saw that on the scale today. i don't have any recollection of that number. we didn't have a scale at home when i was in high school, so i really had no clue how much i weighed. i started knowing how much i weighed as i was gaining weight after high school and getting married. in 2002 i was at what i thought would be my highest weight, 280lbs. i started weight watchers with my sister in october 2002, lost 20lbs and then got pregnant with my 1st DD. it was then that i reached my HIGHEST weight. 320lbs. pregnant or not, i was that big. i was huge. i have a picture of myself, in a maternity nightgown (which aren't flattering anyways, let alone at a size 3X) when i was about a week before giving birth. it's not pretty. i've been thinking about posting it on here just to show the "before"..but i haven't really taken an "after" picture yet either..so maybe when i do that, i will.

anyways, i guess i got on a little ramble there..sorry. anyhow, my point is..i've reached unfamiliar territory when it comes to the scale. which isn't the deciding factor of anything for me, but it's nice to see a good number!

it's my determination that is getting me to where i want to be. i realized that this morning when i was at the gym with baby X, she's been getting 3 molars in at once and quite the miserable monster. especially in the diaper department lately. she ended up having quite the nasty diaper while i was working out. so i took her back to the house (the gym is right down the hall from my apartment.) changed her and then put her right back in her stroller and went back to the gym. part of me was just going to say, screw it and just call it a day. but the other part of me said, no way am i going to let a 1yr old baby monster take my workout away from me. and i finished it.
my alarm is set for 545am. she's been getting up at 515am..
but even on the days when i decide in my head that i'm not going to workout that day, it seems pointless not to because i'm up that early anyways..i may as well be productive and get a workout in. so i do. and that's my drive kicking in. it's what's keeping me going and getting it done. that and i've developed an obsession with running. i've been craving it, it seems. so even if i don't "leap" out of bed, i get up, get to the gym and it's energizing. it makes me feel accomplished. especially since i'm a single (but married!) parent right now with all the responsibilities on my shoulders. i still do it. i make myself a priority. because i have to. i have to be at my best to take care of a 1yr old, 7yr old and soon to be 5yr old. plus, supporting my DH at the same time, on top of everything else that goes along with running a household while being solo. it's hard. but i'm proof that it's TOTALLY DOABLE! no excuses!!

ok, ramble over, i promise. i just wanted to share a bit of what's been in my head lately.

i hope everyone is having a good start to the week. i know my tuesday is going to be awesome regardless of anything else that happens today. :)

juliemarie
08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Jillian-you rock! I wish a little bit of your brain would jump into my head for awhile-I'm having a lot of trouble and need to get some momentum going. But my resolve just crumbles as soon as I get hungry or stressed.

Congrats on your uncharted territory!!

juliemarie
08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Debbie-I think I'm allergic to my cats-I've had allergy issues ever since we moved into our current place which has carpet and between dust, pollen, and cat dander-whew! I however, refuse to get rid of the cats just because of me.

Barbara-what rotten luck for your daughter-most cops are still giving warnings.

Debbie24
08-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Jillian ~ You're awesome! Thanks for posting what you've been feeling, you're doing soo good and such an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up! Congrats!!

Debbie24
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
How is everyone doing this morning??

I'm doing good so far, kinda hungry so i'm going to make this quick and go grab some fruit.

Yesterday my mom told me that I couldnt get down to where I was before, i'm gonna love proving her wrong!! I wish she would have faith and me and be more supportive but whatever, for some reason since i've been trying to lose weight (the 1st time) she's been trying to compete and takes every opportunity to mention her weight which is lower than mine right now but I dont let it bother me, i'm happy for her that she's healthy.

Ladies dont let negative people get you down, take their negativity and use it as a driving force to make them EAT their words!

Ok off to go snack...

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Kimphin
08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Congratulations, Jillian, with everything- the new decade on the sclae, the new wellness persona, and especially with just being an amazing individual, mom, and military wife. I have never ever ever been even remotely enamoured with running, but I have a lot of dreams where I am running (just to run, not in fear or anything) and it I am enjoying it. I often wonder if I kept at it, would I like it? Hmmmm..... Anyway - good for you.

On plan has been good - I feel good, but have yet to get on the sclae, which is a big deal for me, the obsessive sclae chick. I will probably check in a few days or so.

shshshhh
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Jumping in without reading from the beginning of this thread. Just realized that WW is just not for me for the umpteenth time. Man, you would think I would have learned by now but it I have a hard head. LOL. Anyway, on my second day of TO and then on to the Red plan without Lites. According to my weight (gulp) I should be on Red 1 but since I am a senior and acknowledging that our metabolism slows down as we get older, I am going to bump one down one plan. Anyway, good to see all the familiar names on this page, I will catch up and read the rest of the posts later this week.

Roberta

Joni135
08-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Quick check in to see how ya'll are doing. Jillian - loved your post and your commitment and your monkey cake and congrats on your 169 milestone! Nicole - Happy belated birthday. I will not attempt to upstage Julie M with her greeting mesage...heck, I don't think I've EVER changed a font size on my posts! Work is killing me, so busy and not time to play here. I am doing boot camp a few mornings a week and love it....Starts at 5:30 AM and it's an intense hour of unique workouts.....But, I wish I had Jillian's (and Nicole's) daily commitment. I go because I paid for the classes and it would be a waste of good money! Gotta go back to work!! Take care and hi to all!

Mama Nicole
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi friends :)

Sorry I have been MIA..life has been a whirl wind here the last week or so. DH declared it my birthday week, and said that once we hit 40 (he is still 33...will be 34 on the 19th), we should get a whole week. My b-day itself was kind of rough....the kids have been horrid, the boys mostly, and I thought i was going to cry all day because of them. I survived though, and had a very nice evening.

I ate cake. It was freaking delicious! :) I did not gain any weight over the weekend, but have had a major slow down.

I walked around Creve Couer Lake today with my neighbor.....it is a trail that is 3.89 miles long. We did it in an hour. I felt fantastic.....except for my foot. I am super d duper pissed off about that. I got a number for a podiatrist today and will call tomorrow. I could barely walk all day....and I am still limping. So not good.

I had a lovely suprise on Friday night....my sis, mom, and two longtime girlfriends showed up on my doorstep at about midnight. They stayed for the entire weekend, and we painted the town. It was soo fun.

My kids start school on MONDAY....but who's counting the days? ME, YEP, ME! Woooofreakinghooooooo! We have had a good summer, and now I am over it. That's all I have to say about that.

Wendy! HI! Nice to see you, girlie :) Glad you are back, and I hope you are ready to kick some butt. I am happy to report that I have had a nice downward trend since the beginning of June. I am in the groove, and will get there. So glad you have come back to join in :)

It is still 90 degrees out, and it is 10:17 p.m. Wow.

Jillian....your cake is gorgeous :) Did your nephew love it? Congrats on making your new milestone. And wow, way to go on heading back to the gym today. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your before and after pics :) You can always add a new after in a month or so when you have shrunk a bit more :)

anyway, just wanted to FINALLY thank everyone for the awesome birthday wishes :) I have been very blessed this year, and my friends have really been good to me. I even got Bozo's Grand Prize Game from one of my besties :) How awesome it that? And big hellos to everyone. I will try and check in a bit more often so I don't have to write a book. I haven't been on my computer much since my b-day, but after school starts, things might slow down again :)

Keep working hard ladies, even if you are just completing the class so you don't waste your money ((((JONI))))!
XOXO

Hoochie
08-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Wow Jillian, your numbers are amazing. You should be jumping with excitement on how far you have come. Last night when I was at boot camp, I was thinking about how far I have come with doing more exercise. I am the oldest one in the class. Most of the girls are in their twenties and I am 43 so I am pretty proud of myself that I can keep up with these young ladies. I am not nearly as sore as I used to be after class. I really do love it.
I weighed in this weekend at 170 so I am up a few pounds. Maybe I will do a take off next week......I need to hit the farmers market again this weekend.
Have a graet day everyone!

Mama Nicole
08-11-2010, 12:02 PM
sometimes I really hate this forum. Wow that sounds really bad, and it has nothing to do w/ any of the people.....it is the fact that I can type out a real nice post, and poof, it's gone.

To recap in just a few words....Joan, way to kick a$$! I think we get stronger as we get older :)

My sclae finally went down....woohooo. I am down to 203.4. I am super happy, I just hope it doesn't stay static again for two or three weeks.

My foot is still a mess, and I cannot walk. I am going to call the podiatrist in a few. I am having a hard time doing my job in this condition. I hope I can drive....DH has the owner's son here this week, and really cannot leave work.

Ok, enough blah, blah, blah.....I hope everyone has a great day!!! and I will hopefully have a better attitude the next time I come here :)
xoxo

Angie
08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi all! I hope some of you will remember me from a few years ago. I was on LAWL and lost around 30 lbs...like Wendy, they all found me again.

Big life changes for me lately, DH and I are splitting up, he moved out this week. It feels like time for a fresh start, I'm turning 40 in October -- BTW Happy Birthday Nicole! -- and I feel motivated to spend some time working on myself.

I hope you have all been doing much better than I have on the diet front! I'm just starting a new plan, a metabolic diet, but my heart was still here with you guys. I was so happy to log in and see lots of familiar faces. I hope you won't mind if I still drop in to give/receive support even though I'm not on LAWL this time. :) :)

Hoochie
08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Angie- There is always support here! Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully it is for the best and you can move on and and take care of yourself. Its a hard thing to go thru.

Nicole- Hope your foot gets better soon! too much table dancing on your birthday....just kidding!

I got on the scale this morning and I am down two pounds from Monday. Its probably water weight but I will still take it!

Okay well I should run, have a wonderful day everyone!

Joan

JLem311
08-12-2010, 11:00 AM
hello all.

hey angie! i remember you! good to "see" you! hope to hear from you on a regular basis.

awesome job with the exercise Joni, Joan and Nicole. :)

Mama Nicole
08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello Angie :) Sorry to hear about your recent life changes. It is a rough road. Please know we are all here for you for support, WL related or not :) I am glad to, "see," you also :) I am a smiley freak today. :)

I am going to my parents tonight in Wisconsin. It has been a long time since we were there. I am kind of looking forward to it. It will be busy and i know I will feel rushed cuz the kids start school on Monday :woohoo:!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have to finish packing, go to Kohl's and Walmart, meet the teacher at 4, and then wait for DH to get home to travel. Thank goodness I got that shot in my foot yesterday.....soo helped. I havne't even cried out of sheer frustration once today :)

P.S. I am going to kick some hard core fatty this weekend while I am out of town and come home with at least a 0.2 loss!!!!!

Angie
08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Jillian you have done so well! Congratulations on reaching your goal. :flow1: I remember when you first came to this forum!

Thanks for the welcome backs Joan & Nicole. The relationship ending is new, we decided 6 weeks ago, but he only just moved out two days ago -- actually all his stuff is here, but he's staying with a friend for now.

I started my new diet today and also met with a physio therapist & my future trainer for a fitness assessment. They will start officially kicking my butt next week. For food I'm basically on protein, lots of leafy greens and a few other things until I lose 20-30 pounds. It reminds me of a neverending TO, so I'm pretty motivated to move on to the next phase...I'll get fruit then! :whoo:

I just returned from vacation so I weighed in today and had only gained .1, so I'm calling that a success. :)

Kimphin
08-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Angie, welcome back - sorry to hear about your seperation, but I'm glad that you are concentrating on your health - it's hard to do when there is emotional upheaval added into the mix. It sounds like you are gathering a good team around you for expert support, and now you have us for the motivational help too!

I am hanging in there, I've been journalling my food and entering it into FitDay when I get the chance. I still haven't WI, I'm anticipating good news when I do, and I want to be really suprised, so I keep avoiding it.

PS - has anyone looked into the Ideal Protein program? There is a forum on 3FC for it that I was reading, and it is interesting. I'm just not into programs that don't use normal food, though - I would rather have food I can buy and make. However, the concept was intriguing.

Busy weekend for me. We have the Husband/Wife golf tournament tomorrow - that's a lot of fun, with dinner/dancing by the pool afterwards. Then Sunday we have a thrilling day planned: we are trimming our landscaping. Fun Fun Fun (not). DH and I alway flip a coin to see who has to trim the one hedge where the snakes live. I friggin hate snakes.

OK - gotta go. Happy Friday all!

JLem311
08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
hello all. i've been quite productive already today. i was done running errands before 9am today. even while toting around my 1yr old. yep..i can do it all. but now i've got a bit of a headache.

i don't think i have much planned for the weekend. gotta get a few new outfits for the kids for school, but that's it! i'm so excited for my DS to finally start pre-school! and my DD will be in 2nd grade. :) now, if only i could get rid of this 1yr old that keeps following me around. ;)

hope everyone else is doing well and has an enjoyable weekend.

juliemarie
08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Good morning ladies! I've almost finished the multitude of tests, appts, etc for my surgery-although I still have to lose 16 lbs. I met with a psychologist the other day and it was actually a really cool thing-luckily he doesn't think I'm a nut-but had some good suggestions and the feedback helped me get unstuck a bit. I've been resisting "dieting" because I know associate it with failure I think-so I'm just focusing on changing some habits and hopefully that will get me going-I've had 2 good days in a row (no snacking at night or having huge portions at dinner!).

This weekend is crazy and will be a challenge food-wise. It's my 20th reunion and also my high school's All-Class reunion. My goal is to focus on socializing. It'll be in the upper 90s all weekend-so not sure i'll want to eat much anyhow. Alcohol however . . . ;)

It's funny-I thought I'd be bummed to be so heavy for this reunion. But I really don't care that much. I'm just excited to see everyone and I'm so much more than just my fat, you know? Life isn't bad at all-but it could be better if I wasn't so heavy-in terms of doing things with Josie, fatigue, maybe a little male companionship . . .:dizzy:

Have a great weekend everyone!

heather314
08-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. I haven't read through posts yet, just grabbing the minute I have while the baby's asleep to finally get on here :) He hasn't been sleeping much at night lately so i'm beat!! Not going to the gym today I think i'd fall off the eliptical if i did. Definately going tomorrow though! Plan 2 seems to be working well for me so far. The extra starch isn't as bad as I thought, I just try to keep them to the lower calorie starches and i'm okay. Still losing so thats good :D

Jillian that cake is adorable!!! Looks yummy too :D

Angie
08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

Good to see you again Kim!

JM I'm one of the folks who checks in on your adoption blog; I was a regular here when you adopted Josie. She is so beautiful!

Good news this morning, i'm down 2.4lbs, and I needed it -- I woke up ravenous, but that was motivation enough to get me to do my crunches and push-ups like the trainer ordered. :)

Jillian, I love back to school shopping, can't wait to pick up a few outfits for my little guy, I was just browsing the catalogues. Good luck with your shopping.

Angie
08-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm pretty excited this morning, I've stayed POP for 3 days and this morning I was down by 3lbs again, so a total of 6 now. I'll be so disappointed if I don't lose 3lbs by tomorrow morning...lol. If only the weight loss could stay at this pace, I'd be thin by October.

I can't seem to get my ticker working properly...any ideas on how I can lose that line of type and make it a click-able link again would be appreciated!

Evening update: I finally tried tofu shirataki noodles tonight, I remember hearing Kristen talk about them way back when. Anyway, they have a revolting smell, I had to rinse them a good long time, but I through them in with some chicken and veggies for a stirfry and they were not bad. They are a little elastic-y, but if you keep the images of birds pulling worms out of the ground from your mind, they are quite edible. Cameron (my 5 yr old) called them chinese spaghetti and liked them a lot.

Joni135
08-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Quick hello and welcome back to Angie....(I'm one that isn't following LAWL but like to chat with friends here)..been super busy at work...doing boot camp exercise in the early mornings and the guy held a great class Saturday focused on nutrition and I actually get what he says! I'm thrilled to put my plan in action and it's not rocket science...it's eating a little protein, fibrous carb and healthy carb with each meal...and eating a little meal every 3 hours to keep the metabolism revved up....it's hard to explain and stay tuned to see how it works. It does require planning and I have to try and not give into stress temptations....that will be the hardest part....stress eating...but ONLY I can handle that part. Chris (the nutritionist) realizes no one is going to be perfect, and that life goes on....but he is pretty adamant that we should all eat more clean (no boxes, fast food, etc.) which we all know is healthier anyway....
okay, enuf rant.....
Kim - who had to prune around the snakes???
Julie - how was the reunion......interesting about your talk....what triggered well for you?
Nicole - hope you are having a good time in WI. And that darn foot is doing better.
Jillian - what mountains did you scale this weekend!!?? :-)
Sorry if I miss others....gotta get to bed!

Joni135
08-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Kim - I just checked out the Ideal Protein diet...didn't take me long to realize it's not for me...I like doing a shake for a meal replacement a few times a week, but not for 2 meals a day....after my nutrition wake up class this weekend, I need to try to eat real food, a balanced mix, as much as possible. I'm trying to get through the New Atkins book to work through my carb addiction...it's always been my big problem and I need to work on it...but, again, with real food...that I can sustain for life! I didn't even see if Ideal Protein is a franchise or mail order or what....but it does have some active posts.

JLem311
08-16-2010, 08:59 AM
hello all. just a quick hello for now..be back later. workout is done, despite my girl waking up at 445am instead of 545am. :) oh and i slept terrible and woke up with an even worse headache. but i still powered through my entire workout. :) oh and TOM got here on saturday, 2 days early.

Hoochie
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
My goal for the week....WATER WATER WATER!!!!!
I had a great weekend and got lots of walking in but I did go out for a few cocktails and some calamari on Friday night. I had no kids around......my excuse. The salt on pub food is alot so I need to drink lots of water to flush it out. I did some shopping on Sunday and realized that I need to work harder. I wear all my weight in my upper body and was not happy to be looking at XL clothes. I am going to focus on my menu this week. Today I am going to prepare my menu for the whole week and see if this works for me. Have a great week everyone!

Joan

Angie
08-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone! First day back at work after a 3 week absence -- I was travelling for work one week and then on vacation for 2, having some trouble focussing on the hundreds of emails I need to go through!

Joni -- Thanks for the welcome back. Anything you can share from your nutrition class this weekend? I'm not following LAWL this time either, but you are my favourite group of weight loss supporters :D

Jillian -- What an early morning! I'd be bushed by 3:00 pm

Joan -- Water is good. Is Dan still lurking here to give you the salt talk? I have been keeping a lot of my weight in my upper body since last year as well, and I really hate the way clothes look on my body right now. I look like a big fat apple sitting on 2 posts... :dizzy:

BarbaraB
08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Jillian, Whoo Hooo! 169 is fabulous! I don't know where it is that you'll end up ultimately, but you are looking healthy and good (and really cute with short hair) in all the recent pictures that I've seen.

Nicole, Is today the big day of back to school? They start early there. You did great, with a big birthday and cake and still staying mostly on track.

Kim, I don't do snakes! No way would I prune a hedge where they were.

My DD graduated from Portland State University on Saturday and we had such a great time! Lots of family here, had a great lunch right after the graduation ceremony then a really fabulous party that night. We had wine and beer and lemon drops that were passed around by a butler, and a chocolate fondue fountain with all sorts of things to dip into it. One of my daughter's friends does karaoke, so he came and there was an hour or two of karaoke, and then one of her other friends is in a band and they played, and were remarkablly good. I got up with my sisters and sang We are Family from Sister's Sledge really badly. We hired a limo to take us to and from the party and to go and pick up my daughter and her friends, and they were quite wide eyed and amazed at the party that we threw and it was such fun. Anyway, the diet was ignored for a time, but I'm back to it today.

Angie
08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you had a blast Barbara :) Congratulations on your DD's graduation!

juliemarie
08-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey Angie! Now I know who the Toronto hits are from!:D

Joni-the reunion was really great-saw a lot of folks I've been dying to see (the ones that aren't on FB!) and catching up in person with those that are. I was on the committee-and I think we pulled it off well. Only one person getting thrown out of the bar and another accosting a guy in the men's room looking for a painting of a pig with big balls. Seriously. Couldn't get much better.:dizzy:

I had little control over the food choices this weekend-but did well in that I didn't overeat. It was too hot on Saturday to eat much anyway and on Friday-I was too busy talking and kept leaving my plate and eventually they tossed it.

Have a great week everyone!

JLem311
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
morning all.

barbara-i was looking at a pic of your DD and i just wanted to say that she is gorgeous! congrats on her graduation, it sounds like the party was lots of fun!

angie-yes, most days i'm exhausted around noon! ha! and alot of the days, i do lay down to rest/nap when my DD goes down for her afternoon nap around that time too. i figured, if i've got the chance and i'm feeling tired, i may as well take advantage of it and listen to my body. because in a year or two, she's not gonna be such a napper, so i'm taking it now while i still can! and yes, i keep thinking to myself that i have many other things that i can be doing to be productive, etc..but screw it. napping is one of my favorite hobbies! :) and like i said before, it'll be a thing of the past in the future. so i'm basking in it now.

as for me and TOM, i still have managed to lose a few ounces! going from 168.8 to 168.4, so i'm pretty happy with that. i'd really like to get to 165 before the end of the month, but i work for every single ounce i lose, so it'll be tough, but i'm gonna go for it and see what comes of it.

oh and i forgot to mention this yesterday, but this past weekend i was going through my closet, trying to get it cleaned up and organized a bit. i had 2 more pairs of jeans sitting on the top shelf that i bought from ebay 2yrs ago when i was at my lowest weight of 178. i couldn't get into them and figured i never would because i really could barely get them on even halfway. but i've kept them around and low and behold...they both fit. i was shocked. and actually, every time i either get on the scale and it's lower or try find something else that fits or have to get rid of something because it's too big, or realize that size medium is what i should be buying for shirt sizes, not size large. or even last week, when i finally took my ring in to be resized because i had to stop wearing it because it was so big..come to find out that my ring size is now a 5.5. when i first got that ring it was an 8.5 and the last time i had fingers this small was when i was 17yrs old.
so all of these things just keep shocking me and keep leaving me in awe on a regular basis. it's like i should pinch myself because i can hardly believe it!
all of my hard work, consistent perseverance and relentless dedication are PAYING OFF!!! i adopted the lifestyle change mentality years ago, got pregnant for the 3rd time and gained a bunch..and now i'm back at it and it's better than ever. i'm so happy and proud of myself. proud that no matter what's happening in my life i still manage to keep it together and be good to myself.

ok..there i've gone on another ramble..sorry! i've just been so pleased with my success that i had to share! so i officially have ZERO pairs of jeans on my closet shelf that are too small. i have about 4 pairs that are too big that i need to donate! :)

Debbie24
08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Ladies,

Had a decent weekend, I didnt get all my portions in but thats the worst of it & i'm ok with that. Back on track today and trying to get everything in.

I tried laying off the PB last week and did it for 3 days but then caved but the week I ate PB all week I lost about 3lbs and then last week I only lost about 1.6lbs. Hmm maybe I need the extra fat and cals. Think i'll try having it again most of the week this week and see what happens. When breastfeeding its soo hard to find a good balance.

Anyway its only mid Aug and i've met my goal :), i'm so happy about that. Hoping it will be atleast a 7lb loss this month.

Joan ~ Getting water is always the hardest for me, hope you are able to get alot in to flush all that salt out.

Barbara ~ Sounds like an awesome party! Glad everything went well. Congrats to your DD.

Jillian ~ I love reading your posts, so motivating. Congrats, you are doing awesome! I cant wait to be feeling like that again.

:wave: Angie, JM, Nicole and everyone else :).

Hoochie
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Jillian- I loved reading your last post! I think because I am at a similar weight, I am just so inspired by you. My food plan is set up for the week. I am really motivated right now to look good. The biggest difference I notice from boot camp is my arm strength. My butt is also changing...weird!
I am enjoying exercise classes. I just really need to stay focused with my food choices. I am hoping this meal planning will keep me on track. I know it did when I was following the plan!
Gotta run

Joan

BarbaraB
08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Jillian, Thanks! I attached a picture of my daughter the graduate (hope it works). I was initially a bit put off by the bleached blonde hair on my brunette bombshell daughter, but I've gotten more used to it with time.
I'm sure that all the exercise you've been doing, that you were smaller even at the 178 than you were previously, and now really you are 10 pounds down from that! I'm sure you are much, much smaller. It takes a mental adjustment to see yourself as you now are.

JM, I was not so hungry this weekend either due to the heat. I'm glad you had a good reunion, as I find that every 10 years they get more relaxed and more fun. The 10 year one was not so fun... the 20 year one was really a good time, and 30 year one was a hoot. I imagine your classmates were more impressed with your successful career then worried about your waistline. Also I was never skinny in high school, so for me they thought I'd not changed that much.

Angie, Good to see you back! I'm sure that losing weight at this point in time will be a good boost for you.

Debbie, You know even if you are in balance one week with the breastfeeding the next might be off with the baby nursing more and having a growth spurt. So you really need to pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you are feeling run down and hungry, listen to your body. Right now, supporting the nutrition of your growing baby is likely more important than losing an extra pound here or there.

Debbie24
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Barbara you're soo right, I didnt take into account her changes also. I guess I just need to stick with it and not worry about the weekly losses.

Her nutrition is the most important thing to me right now & I know my heatlhy eating is def a benefit to her also. I have to say that I wont be eating 1/2 as much as I am now if I wasnt following the plan, usually i'm so busy and I grab whatever I can or usually nibble on one of the kids snacks but now I make myself stop and eat properly.

heather314
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey ladies!

Jillian, I also enjoyed reading your post it was so insipiring!! I have a couple pairs of jeans that were too small at my smallest too on the shelf in my closet and I know how excited I would be if they ever fit!! Hopefully i'll be there someday :D Congrats again!!!

JM and Barbara- I SO wish I was one of those people who aren't hungry when its hot out LOL. Feel lucky :D Hot, cold, snow rain tsunami... doesnt matter I still eat :o Glad you had a good time at your reunion JM! Barbara your daughter is gorgeous!!

Nicole where are you? Is she on vacation??

Things are good here, just busy with school getting ready to start on the 30th. My oldest is starting kindergarten :D He's so excited! We have an "open classroom" tomorrow wher we get to meet his teacher and all so that should be fun. Been trying to get to the gym at least 3 days out of the week and have been really pushing myself while there to make up for the days i'm not. Losing pretty good do I guess it's working :carrot::carrot:

Angie
08-17-2010, 09:11 PM
JM -- Good job on keeping control of your portion size at the reunion!

Jillian - Yes, I loved naps when my DS was smaller...soooo nice. I'm pretty amazed by what you've accomplished too, you have every reason to be proud of yourself and the great decisions you've made. I keep telling myself I'll just take this one better-decision at a time, and it doesn't seem so insurmountable.

Debbie -- I love PB, if it's working for you go for it. I used that for my protein alot when I lost before.

Heather -- Good luck with the first day of school. :)

Hi to Barbara, Joan & everyone else! :wave:

JLem311
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM
thank you all for the nice comments about my successes and for actually reading my long ramblings! :)

i'm so glad that i can be an inspiration or motivator to anyone who can benefit or will listen to my story, ideas and everything else!

hope the week is treating everyone well thus far!

Kimphin
08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi everyone - good to see so much activity here!

Jillian - Congrats on only having pants that fit or are too big!!! That is amazing. I am looking forward to the day when I can dry whatever I want in the dryer instead of the rack. I loved that when I was thinner. Someday soon!

Joni - After a 3/5 rock/paper/scissors match, I ended up trimming snake hedge. I started by whacking the bushes with a rake to scare off any squatters. I saw some snakeskins (whoopie, that means they are growing....) but no snake bodies.

I can't believe that summer is winding down. I will be heading back to the gym soon, I just can't make myself go during the summer.

Keep up the good work all!

BarbaraB
08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Kim, You are brave! I would have been back in the house at the first snake skin! I dragged myself back to the gym this morning, and it was so hard to wake up. I think when it is hot out it is harder to go to sleep earlier which is what I need to get up earlier. Anyway, finally cooled off yesterday and I got a good night's sleep last night.

Jillian, You seem to be doing a lot better with your DH overseas than you did when he was in basic training! I guess they let you interact more now than then. Really even the smallest ways to keep in touch make a big difference.
You seem so strong now! You should definitely take the naps! Taking care of small children is a lot of work, so you so deserve the time to rest. Afterall you want to be fresh when she is up so you can give her your best attention and love, since that is what they need to thrive. I like your hair that length, you look somewhat like Mia Farrow did back in the 60's.

Angie, 9.4 pounds already!?! you are burning down that scale!

Debbie24
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Ladies,

How is everyone doing today?? Hope everyone is having a good day.

The little one has a cold and has been very grouchy and nursing alot! I def dont mind because I think it will help her get better faster. I just miss her happy face.

Angie ~ I love PB also. My 1st time doing the plan I was on gold and stalled whenever I had pb so had to stop having it completely but 2nd time around I was nursing and ate PB all the time and still lost so I think it works for me because of nursing, I know when I stop i'll prob have to stop or cut down alot on the pb also.

Will check back in later.

Mama Nicole
08-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi friends :)

I have been MIA due to travel and MY KIDS STARTED SCHOOL THIS WEEK!!!! Whoooooohooooooooo!!!! This is the first year that I have been happy for the first day of school, ever. I think it's my rowdy little boys.....they had been fighting sooo much, I was in tears everyday :(.

I am happy to report that I am down to 201.8! I have lost very slowly this month, but idc. I am losing, and that is making me very happy :) DH's b-day is tomorrow, and for the first ime in a very long time, I bought a new nighty....to give him the only gift he truly loves, tomorrow :) I am super excited. I was going to wait until I dipped down to 200 before this purchase, but it is darn close enough, and it is the man's b-day.

I am so happy to see such positive vibes on this board again! Everyone is working hard, and even charming snakes???? WTF, Kim? Are you insane?

Anyway, have to run, lots to do before the kids get home....
xoxo

Wendelina
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Snakes... eeeesh.

What day is it anyway?? That pretty much sums up my week so far.

Down 2 lbs since I started.. probably should update my ticker.

Have a good evening peeps!

BarbaraB
08-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Nicole, You are being silly to think you are losing slowly. Look at those numbers! Almost 30 pounds in 3 months is amazing, and it is not like you've been able to lock yourself away at the biggest loser ranch to do it either.

Angie
08-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Barbara - I love the beginning of any diet, you always lose lots up front :). I'll take the quick losses while I can get them. Hoping to hit -10lbs tomorrow morning; but TOM is due in a couple of days.
Debbie - Hope your sweet baby is feeling better soon.
Nicole - you dirty girl! Enjoy!!
Wendy :wave:

Kimphin
08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Ugh - the friggin snakes - you should have seen the 3 hottie landscapers pulling down our rock wall to rebuild it last summer! They squeaked like little schoolgirls when momma and 3 little snakes came tumbling out! I need a mongoose (like Riki Tiki Tavi ;) ).

Things are going so-so. I am going to do South Beach for a little while, see how that goes. Carbs are like crack for me, so I can certainly benefit from avoiding them. We shall see!

Nicole - you are kicking butt - 10 lbs per month is not bad stats. You go rock that nighty - but I don't want to hear about a 6th Massey in a few months!

Angie - I love the first weeks of a diet too, but you are taking it to the max! Keep up the good work!

Debbie24
08-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Hubby was home today need I say more...

Nicole ~ I agree, you are kickin' some major butt! Hope you and hubby had fun :wink:

Angie ~ woo hoo for 10lb lost already! You are doing awesome!! TY btw the little one is doing a little better.

Kim ~ LOL that was funny about the hottie landscapers! Hope things start to move for you on SB!

Ok POP day tomorrow ok! We should start doing some challenges or something.

Angie
08-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Well I did hit 10lbs exactly today. Only a .2 loss but not bad considering TOM arrived.

I stayed on my food plan for today and also had my first visit with my training team (part of my program). They put me through a 'light' circuit training today (nearly killed my thighs) and 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was hard, and I did sweat and get ugly, but I'm so happy now that I did the whole thing and didn't ask to stop early. :)

Kim, I just like saying Riki Tiki Tavi, we have an audiobook of it somewhere around here.

Hmm...I wonder what Nicole's doing right now? Probably working off a little birthday cake :lol:

Debbie -- I'm glad the baby is feeling better. Yes, I need a challenge or something I'm already getting so sick to death of what I can eat during this phase of my plan.

BarbaraB
08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Angie, Congrats on the first 10 pounds! And on the the first training team session. It sounds like you will be in shape in no time.

Debbie, I hope your little one is feeling even better today. Is your hubby a bad influence on the food choices? Mine goes from the diet police to the one suggesting we go out to eat all the time. I guess he is fine with dieting until he wants a burger or a beer, then he gets a little whiney. It is hard to go out to a brew pub and stick to any plan. I got the caribean salad, which had coconut shrimp on it, and I thought I was being fairly good, got home and looked up the coconut shrimp were 19 weight watchers points (my target is 23 a day). Live and learn I suppose.

Debbie24
08-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Angie ~ WTG getting thru the exercise and not stopping, you are doing awesome!!

Barbara ~ Hubby is def a bad influence and when he's home we're usually out so I dont get all my portions in. Yesterday we stopped at McD for lunch and I said "i've been really feeling like having a burger" and he said "have it, you have to splurge sometimes" ahh I did end up getting a grilled chicken sandwich instead though, the couple fries and some pepsi was my splurge. I know what you mean about some foods catching you by surprise. Hubby & DS#1 had a 30g fat burger a few nights ago, I totally refused and had a homemade chicken sandwich from rotisserie chicken leftovers. 30g is a little less than I should have daily. I hate seeing them eat like that but its so much easier for them to burn than it is for me.

Hoochie
08-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Just checking in...wow the positive vibes on this site are great. It seems that everyone is doing really good and sticking to the plans.
Last night I worked the hardest I have ever worked at boot camp. My muscles hurt so bad today that just walking is sore. I am starting to notice the tightening up everywhere which I love. Once I lose the weight, there wll be muscle underneath not a blob of fat!!!
Just went for an eye test this morning and found out that I need glasses for more than reading now.....this getting old stuff bites! Tomorrow I am going shopping for some hot mama glasses!!!
Barbara- I just saw you daughters photo, thats awesome, you must be very proud!
Kim- I am so freaked out by snakes, I would have been peeing my pants if I had to do what you did!!!!
Okay well have a great weekend everyone!

Joan

Angie
08-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning

I'm a little bummed that I'm up .4, but yesterday was a challenge. I had lunch at a restaurant, but stayed 90% on plan; the only deviance was that I didn't tell them to hold the feta on my salad. I went to a friends for dinner but I brought food and cooked, so that was on plan for me. Still TOM so that could be messing with me too. Just keep going, right?

Joan -- bootcamp sounds tough! I'm so sore from just one little bitty workout.

Debbie & Barbara -- Kudos to you for trying to make the best choices in the face of restaurant adversity!

I'm off to the low-carb grocer today....so excited!

Mama Nicole
08-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks ladies....not only will you hear about a 6th child....you will not hear anything except that DH loved the nighty, and so did I :)

I think the reason I have been feeling a bit discouraged is that I was on a 10 lb average loss for two months in a row, and now this month, I am down just over 4 lbs.....and my frustration is heightened by the fact that I cannot workout on my feet. I suppose if I were really dedicated to working out, I could do pilates or yogs...........dang....just totally busted myself out...ha!

Anyway......just wanted to pop in and say hello and update my ticker. I will put in a better effort to catch up with everyone on Monday :) Stay tough ladies....weekends are no excuse to stop caring for yourself!!!!
XOXO

Kimphin
08-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks ladies....not only will you hear about a 6th child....you will not hear anything except that DH loved the nighty, and so did I :)

Hmmm, typo or freudian slip????

Glad it was a hit!

Mama Nicole
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Hmmm, typo or freudian slip????

Glad it was a hit!

HOLY CRAP!!!! TYPO!!!!!! :ROFL:

Angie
08-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I had a super weekend. We did tonnes of visiting and ate at someone else's place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Even so, I managed to stay very close to my plan. My biggest problem was today, the hostess had ordered in chinese food, so I just picked all the chicken and veggie stuff and avoided anything breaded and/or fried -- no rice either.

My first weigh in is on Tuesday so I'll be drinking plenty of water and moving my butt to get as high a number as possible.

Nicole -- I'm sure you'll be back full power on your losing streak now that the kids are back at school, you'll have more time to focus on yourself again. Yoga is a great idea, there are lots of poses to do seated or laying down. Also, could you bike ride with your kids? We have a bike in our shed that I should get out and use more often, I'm sure my son would love it.

Kimphin
08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Nicole - Pilates. I have never been in as good a shape as when I was doing the 20 minute pilates workout everyday. It truly changes the look of your body. You get to do it laying down too! The first week or so sucks because you cannot do the moves at all without help, but if you keep at it, you can see the improvement quicky.

Auditors this week - yuk. Plus, my superintendent's secretary is retiring and they are having a reception for her this morning - lots of cake and bad stuff. I can't avoid the reception, but I will be doing my friggen best to avoid the carbs.

Debbie24
08-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Morning ladies,

Sooo I had a .6 loss in 1 week, i'm really not happy about it but it is what it is and I could have done alot better since it seems like the last 1/2 of the week everyday I had something I shouldnt have. .6 is really bad, I didnt expect to see such small #s so soon but I know I know my body is going thru alot right now and I shouldnt let this get me down. I'm hoping to see a nice # next week to get my spirits back up soo on to the next...

Nicole ~ LOL on the typo, glad you both had some fun! You have been doing great, 29lbs lost in 2.5 months is friggen awesome!!! No rush right? I know easier said than done. I hope you have a great week and hope we both have a nice big loss this week!

Angie ~ WTG on making good choices, its really hard to do that when you're in a group but you're worth it! GL on you WI tomorrow!!

Kim ~ Hope you were able to avoid the cakes this morning..

:wave: everyone else. :)

Mama Nicole
08-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Angie....funny thing about bike riding with my kids........our subdivision does not look at all hilly.....until you are on two wheels powered by pedals. Eeeek. I embarassed myself sooo bad last time I jumped on a bike to go get my kids from a friend's house while another's parents waited in their mini van in my driveway.......I almost had to get off the bike and walk it up the last hill to my house....with the mini van and the two Dad's that are home with their kids in the afternoons all watching. I wanted to die. But, it is a good idea, and I think I will try it tonight. At least I might have a chance at outrunning a dog on a bike :)

JLem311
08-23-2010, 02:45 PM
hello all. :) just thought i'd pop in and say hi since i haven't in a few days. hope everyone had a good weekend. my was quite eventful to say the least.

how's everyone doing with exercise??

BarbaraB
08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Nicole, My feet have been paining me for months too, and I'm sick of it. I tried several things, including cortisone shots in the foot, which I thought were pretty painful. My right foot seems fine now, but the left one continues to hurt on and off. I think it is getting better and invariably end up doing something that causes a setback. Most recently it was dancing at my daughter's graduation party. Losing weight is helping more than anything. Just less stress on the feet when there is less of me. Slow going when you can't walk off the pounds though.

Kim, I used to do a pilates class at the gym, but they are really not convenient for my schedule right now. What 20 minute pilates thing were you using?

Debbie, You know you could be just be seeing a bit of water retention from eating salty restaurant food. Even if it was just a pound of water retention, I'm sure 1.6 pounds would have made you much happier than 0.6.

I do think we women have been sold some bill of goods that makes us feel like failures when we don't lose at least 2 pounds a week. The "average" woman is said to burn off 2000 calories a day. So that means a fair number of women are in reality burning fewer than 2000 calories a day on average. Especially as we age, we require fewer and fewer calories, so the margin for error shrinks and shrinks (while we grow). I imagine a fair number of older women are burning closer to 1500 calories a day. A person burning 1500 calories a day is not going to lose 2 pounds a week even if they cut down to 1000 calories a day. They are going to be very lucky to lose a pound a week and that at a very small consumption. I suppose this is why exercise becomes so important. Add an extra 300 calories a day to that equation and it suddenly seems like it would be possible to lose weight. Although probably only something like 4 pounds a month, which most of us would get impatient and upset about. We really have to look at all those ads that say results not typical and realize that perhaps we are just being typical.

Angie
08-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Kim -- I loved pilates too, your're so right, it's hard at first, but it really doesn't take that long to be able to do more. It made me feel really strong when I was doing that regularly.

Debbie -- Sorry you were disappointed with your loss, but keep in mind that the baby makes it kind of hard for you to keep on top of your intake vs. output. At least you lost and you lost despite being busy and having a sick baby, so good for you!

Nicole -- Too funny! The last time I went on a bike ride I made it to the end of my street and turned around, lol. I'll need to work up my endurance on that one as well.

Jillian -- What happened to make your weekend eventful? Something good I hope :)

Barbara - You're so right...I want to lose 100 pounds, so I'm in for the long haul, it's not always going to just melt away. Thank you for the reality check!

So, I'm amazed I can even type...although my arms are just kind of laying onthe computer...not poised over. My trainer kicked my butt tonight. I'm weak and tired. I find it a bit of a challenge to work out with virtually 0 carbs in my system. Think I'll mention it to my doc tomorrow.

Kimphin
08-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I have the Mari Winsor pilates DVD's. The beginning one is great, and after about 3 weeks when you get sick and tired of hearing the same track over and over, there is a second 'advanced' DVD. They used to be on informercials all the time about 5 years ago - you can probably find them pretty cheap now. I have also downloaded a pilates workout on my Ipod from Alyssa Ungaro - it was OK, but I like Mari better.

I haven't been working out much at all lately, which is bad. All of this pilates talk has me thinking that I am going to get up a little earlier and do it before work. We still have to go get an elliptical - after DH herniated disks last winter he is done running, wants an ellip now.

Hoochie
08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Anybody still using Jillians 30 day shred? I still think that is the wickedest workout. I dont know if I could do that along with my boot camp though, I think I would keel over.
Has anyone tried kickboxing?
It's funny but I have problems getting my diet and exercise to work together. I am doing really great at getting my exericse in right now but I cant seem to get on a consistant eating plan, too many little cheats here and there. Before when I wasnt exercising I seemed to be really good at watching everything I ate. I am thinking of joining weight watchers because its inexpensive and then I would have to go weigh in every week. Oh what to do?????
Okay well I am glad everybody is doign so great.
Nicole- I noticed that you have lost lots of weight the past few months, way to go!!!!

Joan

Kimphin
08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Joan - I do the same thing, good exercise/bad eating or good eating/not exercising regularly. Sometimes I feel like I can't concentrate on both things at once, which is a total cop-out. Seriously, I juggle about 10 projects at a time at work - if I tried harder I could do anything in my regular life. I have noticed that when I workout, I do need more protein to stay satisfied, so I used to put the Special K protein drink packs in my water. It helped.

Debbie24
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Ladies, so glad to see that its busy around here.

So hubby went to Sams club yesterday & target

At target he bought lots of fruits and veggies, at sams he bought lots of bell peppers, pineapple, huge bag of salad and what was that other thing again...hmm let me think...OH yea a big tray of assorted CAKE!! OMG what is that man trying to do to me? I tried to explain to him that if its not in the house then there is no temptation to eat it and its just not fair for him to bring that in there so i'm tempted!!

Nicole ~ LOL about getting up the hill, sorry that must have been terrible with everyone watching. Were you able to go for a bike ride yesterday?

Barbara & Angie ~ Thank you, I would have been happier with 1.6 but I know that my body is going thru alot with breastfeeding and Kaylin has been nursing like crazy.

Joan ~ I did shred for about a week and loved it but had to stop because of supply issues. I'm slowly getting my supply back to normal now, i'll have to wait till i'm done with breastfeeding to do it again but it was alot of fun and I felt soo good! I def think you should take 1 extreme workout at a time though.

:wave: Jillian & Kim :)

Debbie24
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Angie def talk to your doc about the workout and the foods you are eating, I cant see how you are doing it on no carbs at all. I hope they can figure out a right combo for you where you are still happy and motivated while losing.

JLem311
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
good afternoon everyone.

i miss doing my pilates. i have the mari windsor dvd too (i got the mat/dvd set for xmas a few years back) and i also have a crunch fitness pilates dvd too. i used to do pilates on fridays as my "light" workout..but now that the 1yr old is mobile, i don't have a way to keep her off of me and the mat to do it. :(

angie--my excitement on saturday night was anything but good. baby X took a spill in the bathtub (silly girl likes to stand up in there and lost her footing) hit her chin on the edge of the tub and split it open. blood everywhere, gushing and wouldn't stop. and being solo, there was no way i could drive her to the ER myself and keep pressure on it to stop the bleeding. so 911 was call, we took an ambulance ride and she was "glued" back together. then once i got to the ER and things were calming down, i realized i didn't drive there, so i had no clue how i was going to get home...luckily, my sister wasn't too far away at a wedding and she came and picked us up and took us home.
so..her first serious wound..and i had to deal with it all by myself. which was scary and sucked alot, but i did it and it's over.
it just now makes me worry a bit about what would i do if something happened to me..it's not like the baby can call 911 and what if, God forbid, something more serious were to happen to me, there's no one that really "checks up" on me, except DD and DS's dad, but on the weekends, not as much...so it just has me worried, not so much for me, but for the baby.

ANYWAYS... enough of that!

i hope that everyone keeps the positive attitude and vibes going. the key to my success has been that i finally GOT IT..this is a lifetime/lifestyle change. not a diet. i don't even have that word in my vocabulary anymore and haven't since my mindset changed a few years ago. just keep at it, be conscious of your body and how you're treating it. listen to it and do what's best for you. investing in yourself is the best thing you can do! especially when you're a SAHM, it's hard to take care of a family, if you're not taking proper care of yourself. how you treat yourself, ends up affecting not only you, but you family as well. (just something to think about)
i'm stepping off my soap box now. ;)

enjoy the rest of the day.

JLem311
08-24-2010, 01:57 PM
oh and i forgot to tell you, Joan, i still have my 30 Day Shred dvd, but haven't used it in awhile. like i said about the pilates, it'd be hard for me to do it with baby X under my feet, even if i did get up before her, she's a light sleeper, so it just wouldn't work. it is an AWESOME workout, and that initially what got me exercising on a regular basis back in June 2009..and i haven't stopped since! now my passion is running! i do get a great ab and arm workout in after my time on the treadmill too. it's really handy to have the gym in my building, right down the hall from my apartment.

Kimphin
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Jillian - Well, now you have all of us scared for you too. Here's the deal - you need to post here everyday. EVERY DAY! You also need to PM some of us your phone #. If we don't see you posting, I am calling you. If you don't answer - expect the authorities to come check on you.

Hoochie
08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Kim- Its good to know that there are others like me out there. I have such a positive attitude about changing my lifestyle with exercise and good eating but I need to put it into practice all the time. I have committed my time to my boot camp until the middle of October. I am really enjoying the classes especailly because they are outdoors. Now I have to commit to eating better even if I give myself a cheat day.....
Jillian- Holy smokes girl, I didnt know about your little girl. thats freaking scary! I hope she is okay. Just keep checking in to say hello and we will know you are okay.....
Alright, gotta run

Joan

juliemarie
08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I finally stopped by that new gym and joined today-what a deal! $204 for 18months (if I prepaid for a year-I got 6 months free). So-averages to just a little more than $11/month. And after that-$99/year. I'm hoping to be able to do a spinning class soon (depends on the knee)-they have these virtual classes with a big screen where you can ride in the Grand Canyon, France, etc.

Now-I just gotta get in there!

JLem311
08-24-2010, 07:34 PM
kim, you're too funny! i'm sure i'll be just fine. but if you'd like, i can PM you my # so you have it "just in case!" ;) i love that you all care so much! thank you.

Angie
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Joan -- If I get in the right mindset I find I don't mind the exercise, I look forward to it. I"m sort of there now, getting to the point where i look forward to my workouts.

Debbie, this is for your DH :frypan: That does make it tough. Tell him if he wants a special nightie for his birthday, like Nicole got for her DH he better stop bringing home cake. :)

I asked my Dr about feeling weak after my workout and he told me to eat a snack, so I bought some of the stuff from their store...if he wants me to eat a cookie, so be it.

Jillian - What a scare! Yes, definitely check in with us here so we know you are okay. How is your DD doing now? I'm trying to keep my attitude and vibes very positive; you are great inspiration for that, another good reason for you to still check in here.

JM -- Great deal on the gym membership! How much time do you have to lose the weight before your surgery? Do you have a deadline, or does the surgery happen once you've lost some?

Debbie24
08-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Jillian ~ i'm really so sorry that your DD got hurt and it was that bad. How is she doing now? I'm sure you're way more scared than she is right now but I would be freaking also! I hope she's feeling better. I agree please check in so we know you're ok.

JM ~ Wow that is a great deal! Hope you are able to do the spinning class.

Angie ~ LOL I forgot to mention that he even got some whole wheat lasagna noodles and whole wheat bread. LOL silly man! I told him what you said and he said "guess i'll stop bringing home cake" LMAO.

So i'm not doing so well and not because i've given up or anything just because its been one of those days AND hubby is home. Tomorrow i'm meeting an online friend from my 3yo & 7mo old baby board, I cant wait. We have 7 kids between the 2 of us with 3 each being the same age down to the month.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good evening. Will check back in tomorrow.

Hoochie
08-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Debbie- you sound so sad! I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. Hopefully your day gets better:)
I was a boot camp last night and I rocked! I cant move today but it felt great last night. These are the best exercise classes I have ever joined. I work so hard and feel amazing when I am done!
I am going to get there with my body yet....I can already feel myself getting stronger. There are things I could barely do when I started my bootcamp and now I am making it thru these sessions and being able to accomplish so much more. I am just feeling proud of myself today!!!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan

juliemarie
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Angie-I have to lose 16lbs before surgery and not sure of the timeline. I've just finished all of my appts=though I'm not sure of what will come of the sleep study. I do have apnea but the masks freaked me out. I can't see me wearing them consistently. For surgery-i'll be drugged so that will be fine. We'll have to see.

They want you to lose weight before surgery to ensure that you're committed to the lifestyle change but mainly to reduce the fat around the liver-fewer complications.

JLem311
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i'm here everyone..alive and well. ;)

Wendelina
08-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not doing very well with trying to acquire new habits! Argh. :-(

BarbaraB
08-25-2010, 02:41 PM
JM, One of my sister's good friends had weight loss surgery a couple of years ago, and she has done really well. I am sure if she could be successful at it, that you are likely going to do very well. There is no magic cure for obesity, but weight loss surgery is a powerful tool in the fight.

Jillian, Sorry your little girl was hurt. How scary! You need to find someone in a similiar circumstances that needs the same sort of support and make a pact with each other (easier said than done I'm sure). I don't imagine that you really need the life alert or anything, as you are so young and so health (and now fit and trim too!).

Joan, Boot camp sounds so empowering for you.

Kim, I see a Mari Windsor Pilates for only 8$ on amazon... I may just purchase that.

Debbie, It sounds like you need some girlfriend time! We all need other women in our lives for support. This forum is good for that, but there is nothing like a nice long chat with another woman in similiar circumstances.

Angie
08-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Hmph. I'm back up to what I weighed last Thursday, before TOM. Yesterday I was at 248…what the heck happened there??? I’ve been on plan since the 22nd (Sunday) so I thought my drop was well earned. Maybe I forgot to take my water pill…hmm. I’m staying on plan anyway, I know it will show up (in a more permanent way) sooner or later. So frustrating!

Wendy -- I hear you, it's hard work to make change happen.

I'm going back to the trainer tonight, but I'm afraid, very afraid. My arms have felt like jello since I was there on Monday. Maybe if he tries to make me do arm stuff again I'll cry and he'll take pity on me.

BarbaraB
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Angie, I always retain some water when I start exercising. It is not instant muscle, just more swollen inflamed muscles, it goes away in a week or so. Also if you ate anything salty it can pack on the pounds... one time I ate half a jar of pickles and the results on the scale the next day were bad, bad, bad.

juliemarie
08-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I did it! Went to the gym for the first time in more than 2 1/2 years and I think it's been 2 years or so since i've tried purposeful exercise. It's embarrassing how hard it was! I could only do 10 min on the elliptical and then I did upper body weights. I had been hoping to do the bicycle-thought it would be easiest on my knee-Hells no-i almost screamed in the gym. The bicycle motion is apparently the WORST of all. I tried to slowly work it out but I was going so slowly the bike didn't register that I was pedaling. ;) The elliptical wasn't horrible but it didn't feel good either. But I think it's the best i can do for now. The knee is sore now and i can't take any more alleve today. Though I might anyway!

Angie
08-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks Barbara, I love getting your insight about working out, I don't really know anything first hand about the physiology. I'm pretty sure I'm good on sodium, but I may have gone a little high and not realized it. I ate out twice over the weekend.

Went to the trainer today and he did take it easy on me when my left shoulder was aching. It was the only thing I asked for mercy on, so I"m proud of what I did do.

Angie
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
JM - Way to go! It doesn't really matter how much you did, you showed up and did something...awesome!

Kimphin
08-26-2010, 09:20 AM
JM - a little bit each time you go, and eventually it will all add up! Congrats on making it back to the gym.

Barbara - for $8 I would definitely buy the DVD's - I spend probably $30 on them.

Jillian - haven't heard from you yet this AM. Do I need to call?

Summer is winding down, and I am in total "cram as much summer in as I can" mode. The Travers stakes is this weekend at Saratoga Racetrack - it's the "summer derby" - and definitely the place to be on Saturday. Horse racing all day, bands playing at the outdoor bars/restaurants at night. Always a good time. I will need to double my resolve to get through!

JLem311
08-26-2010, 11:11 AM
hey kim---i'm here! ;)

Hoochie
08-26-2010, 01:01 PM
JM- Good for you going to the gym and trying a few things out. Slow and steady wins the race!
Angie- Trainers are the way to go. I have learned so much from going to boot camp. My trainer is so good at making sure that you are doing things the corerect way so that you dont end up with an injury. My muscles are still killing me from Tuesdays workout and I have to go again tonight but I do love it! I have my weekends to recover!
Okay, well have a great day!

Joan

Kimphin
08-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Joan - Your newest poochie is veerry cute! ( I am assuming that is who is in the avatar?)

Jillian - thanks for checking in!

Mama Nicole
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Mama's sick :(. If the Mama ain't happy....ain't noooooooobody happy! J/k. kinda.

I have a very annoying thark issue. Yes, it is a made up word....it is what I use to describe that stuff that is in your throat when you need to clear your throat. It makes your voice sound all funny. I actually have what I know to be pharyngitis...but VATI (very annoying thark issue) sounds wayyyy better.

JM.....way to go, girl. I am soooo proud of you. I know how difficult it is to work out the first time...and to do it publicly is even more difficult, exponentially! Keep it up, girl. How often are you planning on going? I am all about teh 21 days till a habit thing.....that is the mentality that REALLY got me going again this time around. I figured I could white knuckle it for 21 days, and then try to uncover the reasons I have let myself become so unhealthy later. You can do this girl.......and we will all be your cheerleaders! Go Team JM!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should consider getting t-shirts made :)

Ok, time to crochet........my newly revived addiction...........at least it is somewhat productive....ha!

And Wendelina..............get it together girl. Just focus on the water for a week. That's not so bad....a pretty easy change to make. After a week or two of that..........add 5 fruits or veggies daily. It is amazing how just those two changes make such a huge difference.

Hi everyone else.....and glad you have a daily check in Jillian.............and Kim is NO JOKE. She has mad detective skills. I am glad she will be watching over you :)

Really going now :)
XOXO

juliemarie
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Nicole-Thanks for the encouragement! I feel really good today-thought I'd be sore at least from the weights-but no . . . My knee actually feels pretty decent today-not nearly as painful as the last couple of days. So-hopefully that keeps up. I'm hoping to go M-F, but already my plan today is shot. I'm taking a 3 day weekend at the beach with a couple girlfriends and their 3 4 yr olds-so 4 4 yr olds and 3 adults. I think we can take them if necessary.

Anyway-had lot to take care of today and ran a couple of errands at lunch which put me late. And tomorrow we'll be gone. So-Monday I guess. I should get plenty of "exercise " this weekend however.

I was pretty bummed when I checked the time and realized I wouldn't be able to do the gym and pick up Josie in time .. .which is good since usually I would've been relieved that I had gotten out of it. KWIM?

Oh-and thark? We, unfortunately, have a close and personal relationship. i blame the cats. And my housekeeping skills (dust). And the gorgeous Willamette Valley (pollen and grasses).

Have a great weekend everyone!

JLem311
08-26-2010, 08:24 PM
so nicole, are you saying that kim is a good "stalker?" is detective a nicer way of saying it? ;)

Kimphin
08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
so nicole, are you saying that kim is a good "stalker?" is detective a nicer way of saying it? ;)

I have been known to provide ""services"" to friends and family..... But I am nowhere near as talented and dogged as our own Joni - who has gone so far as to call people's place of business to track them down when they go missing! (Oldies, remember when she did that to Pearl?) BE WARNED!!!!!

Nicole - I call it Gak. However, I do not like the resulting acronym for it - V.A.G.I. - sounds like a feminine product. So, I will replace Gak with Thark from now on. We need a Nicole dictionary. We now have sclae and thark.

Carrot cake in the outer office is singing it's siren song to me. Time for some headphones and Pandora!

JLem311
08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
kim--i totally remember when joni tracked down pearl! :) well, i'll be good..and check in. i've got my former DH too, and i talk to him and the kids almost every single day, so we have an agreement pact set up too.
i'm not a huge fan of carrot cake..think of the frosting as shiny lard on top and you won't wanna eat any. that's what i did with glazed donuts and i haven't eaten one since 2002. :) it's a mind game, i guess. i think that's part of the reason (ok, i KNOW) i'm vegetarian.

anyways..not much going on with me today or this weekend. the kids will be out of town, so i'll be bored again. my sister is having a party for her upcoming 30th birthday, but i'm not going because it's kid-free and i don't drink anymore, so it'd be pointless to go, even if i had a babysitter--which i don't. *sigh* it's ok..my little girl is entertainment enough, so it should be fine.

i'm still working out 4 days a week and eating well and tracking it all on fitday, so that's going good. i really wanted to get to 165 before the end of the month, but i just lose so SLOW, so i know i probably won't make it. but that's ok, i'm not too concerned with the scale #, as with the way i feel..and i feel great, my clothes fit great (except my workout clothes are about to fall off of me!) so not too many complaints for me.

DH will be home soon for his 2wk leave too. so the kids and i have that too look forward to.

i hope everyone has a nice, productive weekend!

ps..kim, do i have to check in on the weekend?

Kimphin
08-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, as long as you have made other arrangements, you can have the weekends off.

Uh - lard on top of the cake. Great, not only do I now not want carrot cake anymore, but I will be right back after a quick trip to go throw up.

JLem311
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, as long as you have made other arrangements, you can have the weekends off.

Uh - lard on top of the cake. Great, not only do I now not want carrot cake anymore, but I will be right back after a quick trip to go throw up.

thanks for the break on the weekend, i'll try to check in anyways..since i don't have much going on anyways..
and YAY for no cake! sorry for the puke part..but you know my role on here! :drill:

heather314
08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Good morning!
Hope everyones weekend is treating them well so far! DH just got back lastnight from Maryland for a week so yesterdays diet was kinda blown, we had pizza :D Trying to talk myself into getting ready and packing up the younger two kids and going to the gym, but not sure its gonna work:o I'm going on about 2 hours sleep today. The baby's going through a growth spurt, again, and he was up every hour and a half last night, and after 330am decided it was a great time to stay up and play! :devil: So... don't know if i'm gonna go today or not.
Anyone else having trouble with this site being ultra slooooooowwwwww? Drives me crazy, whenever i click on a thread or something it takes a while for it to go anywhere, and I don't think it's just me because it's only this site that does it.

Angie
08-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone, happy Saturday!

Nicole, I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Jillian, it must get really lonely sometimes with just you and the baby. Have you tried any mommy-baby groups in your area? They have free ones here, and they were a godsend to me during my 1 year maternity leave.

Kim -- I remember when Joni tracked down Pearl! Where is Pearl anyway? And, has anyone heard from Lettie? I always enjoyed her too.

I've been playing with the same 2 pounds for a week now, but got a pleasant surprise this morning when it dropped 4 pounds...wtf???

JLem311
08-28-2010, 09:43 AM
morning all.
kim---i'm alive and well! ;)

angie--it's not lonely, trust me! i also have a 7yr old DD and an almost 5yr old DS. plus my 1yr old is quite the weirdo character, so she keeps me quite entertained. plus, i have alot on my plate with things to do. i'm blogging, i've even been doing guest blogs for an army blog site, i've been learning french, reading a few books here and there, plus doing care packages for my DH. along with keeping myself top priority (there's more than just weightloss and exercise that goes along with that for me.) so i don't have much time to be lonely.
yay for the 4lb drop!

heather--i hope you decided to load the kids up and workout! it's kinda a hassles at first, but once you keep doing it, it get easier and becomes second nature to take the kids with you. and it's SO WORTH IT!!

heather314
08-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Jill- Definately worth it!! It's my couple hours of "me time" and I NEED it! I did end up going and was so glad I did. I actually felt more awake after if that makes sense lol.

Doing takeoff tomorrow and Tuesday YUCK! But I feel I need it after the past couple days of pizza, wine, extra snacks I shouldn't have had etc lol.... Need to get back on track. Hopefully don't have too much of a gain when I get on the scale in the morning. Shouldn't be, I worked out and am drinking water water and more water today so I shouldn't be too bad off

Debbie24
08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
blah monday....

Just popping in to say :wave: really quick, I have some major water weight to drop in the next few days. It was a bad weekend for me but i'm back and better than ever :). Note: No fruit in the house to snack on leads to very very bad food choices when hunger sets in, for me anyway.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and hope you all have a good week ahead!

Kimphin
08-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Jillian - thanks for checking in.

Angie - We haven't heard from Pearl in a long time. Funny though, on another board I post on, there is someone from Pearl's town, and I often think about asking if they know her. I think it is a pretty small town. But then I would really feel like a stalker, so I don't.

My BFF won $800 on the Travers on Saturday! It was very exciting, and a positively gorgeous afternoon. We did go out to eat that night, but I took half of my dinner home, so I don't feel too guilty.

Kimphin
08-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh - and for those of you having problems with the site being slow, I think that it is a problem between Internet Explorer and some of the ads. There was a post about it in the general forums. I started using Firefox to view the site and I don't have any problems now. I think that they are working to fix it.

JLem311
08-30-2010, 11:08 AM
hello all. not much going on with me. had a semi-productive weekend and also this morning too. still at 168. but staying the same is just fine with me. :)

Kristinx
08-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi Strangers! I haven't been on in I dunno how long? Anyway just an update..I'm now married and well, got pregnant on the honeymoon so needless to say I am off plan! But keeping an eye on things still. Only up about 5 lbs at 15 weeks along so hopefully will keep the gain minimal and I'll be back afterwards to lose the weight!

Amazing progress since I was last here from you guys! Wow!

JLem311
08-30-2010, 11:42 AM
if anyone is interested, i've been doing a few guest blogs for Army Well-Being, if you'd like to check them out!

http://armywellbeing.blogspot.com/

JLem311
08-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Strangers! I haven't been on in I dunno how long? Anyway just an update..I'm now married and well, got pregnant on the honeymoon so needless to say I am off plan! But keeping an eye on things still. Only up about 5 lbs at 15 weeks along so hopefully will keep the gain minimal and I'll be back afterwards to lose the weight!

congrats on the baby! very exciting!

Kimphin
08-30-2010, 12:03 PM

KRISTIN!!!!

Congrats on, well, EVERYTHING! How did the house turn out?

Angie
08-30-2010, 09:45 PM
So last night I had some chest pains, and eventually I decided to go to emergency -- after a 15 hour hospital stay I now know that I have gallstones -- which I understand that you can develop by losing weight quickly. Hmph. I have an appt to see a specialist in October, and I hope they'll schedule surgery soon after. I ate off plan in the hospital -- they provided breakfast and I was ravenous so I ate their white bread with peanut butter and their cornflakes with 2% milk!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

JLem311
08-31-2010, 08:45 AM
HOLY FRICKEN SH!T!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i set a goal for myself to be at 165 by sept 1st and i did it!!!!! (ok, i still have .6 to go, but whatev)

i'm SHOCKED! actually, each time i see the scale go down or clothes fitting, being loose or whatever, i still get that shocked/giddy feeling. :)

i've been working so darn hard at this and I DID IT! with a little help and wisdom from, Nicole, i started changing up my calories (i track them on fitday, along with my exercise, etc.) and i ate at my normal range and then the next day i ate at a higher range. and i alternated this all last week (one day i even at a little over 2,000 calories--which i never do and is waaaay above what i need to take in.) but alternating calorie intake, working out HARD 4 days a week, taking a multi-vitamin, drinking tons of water and a bit of green tea here and there....I DID IT!!!

can you tell that i'm excited? :) :)

JLem311
08-31-2010, 08:46 AM
So last night I had some chest pains, and eventually I decided to go to emergency -- after a 15 hour hospital stay I now know that I have gallstones -- which I understand that you can develop by losing weight quickly. Hmph. I have an appt to see a specialist in October, and I hope they'll schedule surgery soon after. I ate off plan in the hospital -- they provided breakfast and I was ravenous so I ate their white bread with peanut butter and their cornflakes with 2% milk!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

wow, i'm glad it wasn't anything more serious! i had my gallbladder out in 2003, a few months after my first DD was born. the surgery was actually on Halloween! talk about scary, waking up from surgery with docs and nurses in costumes! ha! hope everything works out ok for you!

Kimphin
08-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Congratulations Jillian! You rock!

Angie - Oh, I feel your pain. Or, at least I used to feel your pain - back in 2007 before I had my gallbladder out. I have never been in so much pain - if the Dr hadn't scheduled me within a week I would have taken it out myself. However, the day I went in for surgery my weight was the lowest I had been in a while - because I had been eating nothing but applesauce and bread for 2 weeks! Be careful with your diet if you do not want a recurrence before your surgery - fats make the gallbladder work harder, and that gets the stones moving and possibly blocking the duct.

BarbaraB
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Jillian, Wow! That is fantastic! Pete is going to be blown away when he comes home! Its great that he gets a leave. I believe that calorie cycling can really get the weight loss going again, as my body is quick to declare famine and stop letting any fat go. I've often had a big loss right after I had a high calorie day, and it always seems so counter intuitive. I think this is why I'm doing so well on weight watchers, as I don't eat exactly the same amount every day (and by doing well I guess I mean sticking with the plan). I think you are right about the store bought carrot cake, but the homemade stuff with the cream cheese frosting is gooood! There are few things better than cream cheese frosting, but I think I can convince myself that most of the carrot cakes out there are coated in lard... it does help to get you to step away from the cake.

Angie, sorry you have gall bladder problems, but they are really common. One of my good girlfriends had hers out and was unable to eat anything fatty afterwards, and after decades of fighting her weight is now quite skinny. See I told you that it was water weight that you were retaining, as the 4 pounds is not fat dropped all at once. Restaurants pack their food with salt, so it is really hard to eat out and not get a salt overdose.

Nicole, I hope you are less thacky today.

Kim, You and Joni are the best of stalkers. I do recall Joni hunting down a few people.

Angie
08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your sympathy -- I am 100% better today. I can't believe how common this is, so many people have already had theirs out.

Kim -- I'm so worried about my diet...I eat mostly meat and veggies, I'll have to be super careful about the meats I'm choosing.

Barbara -- I can't wait to be fat-intolerant! That should really help with my weight loss...lol.

Jillian -- WAy to go wonder woman!! Too funny about the doctors and nurses in costume!

Debbie24
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Good Morning,

How is everyone doing this fine September morning?

Jillian ~ WTG girl!! You worked hard and it paid off, you're such an inspiration!

Angie ~ So sorry about your gallbladder issues, glad you are feeling better.

My Sept goal is to be out of the 160s! Nothing new here just trying hard to stick with it.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Kimphin
09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey all, it is now SEPTEMBER - so please post in that thread. :)