General chatter - Gnat problem?? I'm being swarmed!! EWEEEEE

briters89
08-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Ok, NEVER in my life had I had a problem with gnats. I'm originally from Central California, and we simply didn't get them in the house. I just moved to Seattle, Washington and we have there everywhere! Does anyone know how to get rid of them?? I tried the apple cider vinegar, and that didn't work, I've put my fruits and veggies in the fridge, poured bleach down the sink, nothing seems to be working... Any suggestions??

Natasha1534
08-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I have no tips...but if you find out, let me know b/c we are SWARMED w/ them here in Georgia!!!

briters89
08-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Haha thanks. I've been looking for home remedies online, but nothing is working... blaah!

bonnnie
08-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Where are you putting your fruit and veggie waste products? In a normal trash can? It helps to immediately wrap up all your scraps in newspaper. And no more bleach pouring in the drain! :)
Also, trash cans with fitted lids... after awhile the gnats usually lose interest.

briters89
08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Ya were just tossing the waste in the garbage. And our trash has a fitted lid. Well start wrapping fruit and veggie wastes so that should help

Ciao
08-02-2010, 01:03 AM
We live right by a horse stable because
there's a popular horse track right outside our house,
so we're constantly getting flies. The only thing we do
is get fly traps. Ugly around the house, yes, but at least
we're not surrounded by flies 24/7. Good luck! :)