General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #1  
Becoming a Butterfly

S/C/G: 241/221/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Scale Question

This may sound like a silly question where the answer should be obvious to me but I'd like some feedback anyway. Does it matter where you stand on the scale? I mean, if you stand in just a slightly different position than you did the first time you weighed is it possible for the weight to go up/down? The reason I ask this is because my weight this morning is going down a pound then up a pound within seconds. Is this normal?
ButtrflyGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

My scale is always like that I weigh, step back on and WOW....I have either gained or lost a pound. I don't think scales are all that accurate. I like to use my tape measure.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #3  

The balance beam scale is the only truly accurate one if it is calibrated on schedule. The ones WW uses are digital but they are also calibrated. It costs a lot of money for an accurate scale. Use your home scale to give you an idea of what you weigh. My home scale is 1.2 pounds less than the WW scale, no matter which of their scales I weigh on. Also, your scale should not be on carpet.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote