Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Showing sooner

Do you girls think it's true that the second pregnancy or third or whatever lol, you normally show sooner? I know a few girls at work who told me they don't think it's true, but I feel like I am already!

I'm going to be 8 weeks in a few days and I already feel like my stomach is kind of rounding. I haven't gained much weight, only about 3 or 4lbs, but my pants feel tight when I sit so I bought some maternity pants already lol.

Anyone else feel like you get bigger faster the second time around?

P.S. even though I feel like my stomach is getting rounder, I have a couple people ask me if I am still loosing weight. lol. Which I'm not, I've gained a little. I guess that's good I look thinner though lol.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I definitely showed sooner with this one than with my first. I was in my jeans until I was 5 months with my first son, I had to start using a Bella Band at 3 months with this one.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #3  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Definitely showed sooner with my second than my first. With my first I wasn't in maternity pants until close to 35 weeks. With my second I was in them at 12 weeks.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

This is true actually, shown many times, because your uterus never shrinks back down to pre-1st pregnancy size, and you tend to carry lower because of stretched abdominals. So yeah, we're never the same again LOL
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

definitely show sooner with the subsequent pregnancies because all your ligaments are stretched out already.

Also if you breastfeed, the pain is much much worse when you nurse the first few days after giving birth, with the subsequent pregnancies. A nurse explained it to me as a balloon, if you blow up a balloon once, and then let the air out, the balloon goes back to its original shape easily. The second and third time you blow it all the way back up and then let the air out, it never really gets back to its original shape so easily by itself. But breastfeeding releases hormones to "help" it get back smaller and tighter. So when it has a harder job to do....OMG it HURTS SO BAD!

I noticed a slight cramping when I breastfed my second one, but my third one....I thought they were labor pains all over again..... (for about 3 days, then it was over and painless nursing)

Same concept though, once you're stretched out already, its easier for the next one to settle into the same groove as the first one already stretched out and made comfy ^_^ (but it hurts more getting it back into shape afterwards!)

Last edited by boots; 08-16-2010 at 09:07 AM.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote