Metabolic Research Center - August Thread

View Full Version : August Thread

learning2Bhealthy
07-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm getting excited and jumping ahead a day because I'm excited. I'm starting over with MRC tomorrow the 1st. I'm telling you this so I will be accountable. ;) I've gain most of my weight back. Oddly enough, my first go round was last August..lol Let's do awesome and lose a lot of weight in the month of August..:goodscale

theycallmemom
07-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Yea For August! I was on the program about 2 years ago and did well, but could not afford to keep up with it. So I started again - pretty much on my own. So far so good. :D

theycallmemom
07-31-2010, 09:37 PM
ummmmmm as you can see I am having some problems with my pictures:lol:
am working on the problem....sorry

theycallmemom
07-31-2010, 09:39 PM
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:eek: it wont let me delete the picture!!!! I can change it, but when I try to delete it it says I cant delete it cause its in use???

ladystarrider
07-31-2010, 10:08 PM
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:eek: it wont let me delete the picture!!!! I can change it, but when I try to delete it it says I cant delete it cause its in use???

Maybe you already tried this, but try clicking on the USER CP link and then click on "Edit Signature". Log into your ticker, select, right click, and copy the code for it (it starts with a bracket and the letters url and it ends with a slash, url, and bracket), and then go back to Edit Signature page. Simply erase everything in the signature box by selecting all that is in it, then right click and paste your Ticker code in. Then click on the "Preview Signature" button to see how it looks. If it looks good, then click on "Save Signature" and you will be done. I'm not sure how you got the picture in there to begin with, only I know it shouldn't be part of the signature because the space allotted for that is so limited. Good luck!:dizzy:

theycallmemom
07-31-2010, 10:28 PM
cant get it to work! I could find a smaller picture, but its still way big! Will keep working on it (or have on of my kids try LOL:rolleyes:)!!!! I did it!!!! I didnt think I did!!! WOO HOO

learning2Bhealthy
07-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Yea For August! I was on the program about 2 years ago and did well, but could not afford to keep up with it. So I started again - pretty much on my own. So far so good. :D

Yeah, I'm doing this myself also. I really feel I don't need the consultants (sometimes I feel I know this diet more than they do).lol
This forum is so great, anytime I have a question, it's answered within 5 minutes of my posting. So with the support of this forum and diet direct, I believe I have it made..:D

tmarshall
08-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Good Luck, everyone! Doing this on my own also, have lost 35 lbs, in seven weeks, stayed OP, until Friday, when I decided that Subway tasted good, roast beef with no cheese and veggies, vingar and oil, for supper, then the next 6 inches for breakfast the next day! Results.................2lb gain.......UGH!!!! So back to the grindstone, drinking lots of water! My other slip up is that I've been adding Diet Dr. Pepper, haven't had that in quite a while but just been craving it. Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet? It is so hot here!! I'm also craving ice cream, I would give anything for a good, diet slushy!!!! Taking one day at a time, with one size at a time! Hopefully have a better week next week!

MEEZOOGIRL
08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Good to see you Learning2behealthy.... This forum is great for help. Sorry about the gain. I'm sure you can get back to where you were quickly....

July was pretty much a waste for me. I did loose 6lbs, so I have that. I know it could have been twice that.. I have been holding myself back. I keep snacking. I'm so great during the day, then tend to want to snack at night. I need to come up with something to do instead of watching TV and snacking.. Or at least come up with better snacks.

I've spent the $$ so I need to do it. Thanks to Daisy for posting the Aug Goals. I can't believe it's August already. I've been struggling since we got back from Vacation in June. I'm tired of it.

Here's to a GREAT Month for all of us!!!

dkmd27
08-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I've been adding Diet Dr. Pepper, haven't had that in quite a while but just been craving it. Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet?

I don't really know the concept. There are several theories ... one is that the sweetness in diet sodas creates cravings for more sweet. There is caffeine in some of the supplements (ADWL), so maybe worried about too much. Also it's mentioned that caffeine, being a stimulant, stimulates appetite. Now, having said all of that, I, personally never stopped drinking diet soda (diet Dew and diet Pepsi) my first time around (I was very successful and it never impeded my weight loss). I'm not recommending it -- we're all adults and make choices, and that was a choice I made.

theycallmemom
08-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Going to "weigh in" (Im doing this with a friend who is going to the center) Gonna weigh in at her house after she officially weighs in at her center.

I have been weighing myself at home, but will use the numbers off her scale as my official weigh in. I really like my morning weight though!!! :D Its like 2 pounds lighter then my late afternoon weight.

Well have a wonderfully OP day today. Off to work (where I cook!!! ahhhhhhhhh):dizzy:

hatethesweatpants
08-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet? It is so hot here!! I'm also craving ice cream, I would give anything for a good, diet slushy!!!! Taking one day at a time, with one size at a time! Hopefully have a better week next week!

Some diet sodas have a lot of sodium in them, so check the content. I drink an occasional diet dew, but now that I don't have much sugar in my diet, they taste almost too sweet. Amazing how our tastebuds change! Good luck!

hatethesweatpants
08-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Going to "weigh in" (Im doing this with a friend who is going to the center) Gonna weigh in at her house after she officially weighs in at her center.

I have been weighing myself at home, but will use the numbers off her scale as my official weigh in. I really like my morning weight though!!! :D Its like 2 pounds lighter then my late afternoon weight.

Well have a wonderfully OP day today. Off to work (where I cook!!! ahhhhhhhhh):dizzy:

You're very often heavier later in the day because you're more fully hydrated. I would encourage you to weigh no more than once a day, at the same exact time and conditions. It's too easy to get into the "Oh, I've lost 2 lbs since last night...maybe I'll have a little extra for breakfast" habit. Those daily fluctuations aren't anything but water fluctuations and not a true view of what we weigh. I weigh each morning, but don't worry about an exact number. I just want to see a general downward movement over the course of the week. Good luck!

hatethesweatpants
08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm getting excited and jumping ahead a day because I'm excited. I'm starting over with MRC tomorrow the 1st. I'm telling you this so I will be accountable. ;) I've gain most of my weight back. Oddly enough, my first go round was last August..lol Let's do awesome and lose a lot of weight in the month of August..:goodscale

The journey of a lifetime begins with a single step. Good for you for making the decision to begin again! Make yourself proud! :carrot:

Hvnlymzic
08-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Debi has it right...if I had to guess, it would be the sodium in the diet sodas that make them a no-no. Thats why the diet rite drinks are ok. I keep some of these around for when I really want a soda. You could have a slushie if you want one...get some sugar free kool-aid or crystal lights, or use your HNS if you want...blend some ice down and pour the drink over. Thats more of a snow cone than a slushie, but it's better than nothing.

I'd say the main reason they don't advocate us drinking soda or even crystal light is because of the ammount of water we are supposed to get in. If we're drinking other things its harder to get the water in. When I plan to drink something other than water, I set a goal for myself...like I'm gonna drink 40oz of water today before I ahve a cup of coffee (decaf, sugar-free creamer).

theycallmemom
08-02-2010, 10:25 AM
:dizzy:

Has anyone else gotten light headed or dizzy while on the diet? I never did the first time I did MRC, but geesh this time around seems I stay in somewhat of a dizzy fog. My sister suggested adding a little bit of salt to my water - something about electrolytes...May go into work a bit late today and have my bp checked...seems like it (or my blood sugar is totally bottoming out)

wendinnc
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Well.... today I went to w/i and am down 1 more pound making my total loss 23 pounds. :)
I decided to purchase more weeks (10) since I am not where I need to be just yet. I also thought that I would lower my goal just a bit. I am not exactly sure what weight I want to get down to, but for argument sake I am putting 142 as my goal number for now. I may feel great at 148 or I may want to go to 140..... I am going to simply continue to chug along and see what feels right to me. I am really proud of myself for not just going on stabilization today since I lose sooooo slowly and would be completely disappointed if after the 6 weeks I was still not at my goal. (which was 148 until today when I changed it)
Thank you all for your advice last week. I am worth it and know that I will succeed! I hope to have a great month and feel almost liberated that the deadline stress gone.

Sandi Pants
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Going for a consultation tomorrow.

So, give me the skinny. Does it work? Is it worth it? I'd like to lose about 40lbs and am pretty much clueless about nutrition and dieting. Will this help with that? Or do they just sell you supplements and drinks and that's it?

shannysmomma
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
So this is my first time doing MRC & I have a few questions for those who have been doing it longer than I that really know what they are doing. I started May 7th of this year & so far I have lost 50.5 pounds & 41 inches. I have stayed OP even through vacation, but did eat at restaurants like 4 times picking the best foods I could to stay as close OP as possible. For my first goal is losing 100 pounds by Nov. 1st. I know I want to lose more, but not sure...they think I should weigh 150. At first I felt this program was so easy, but now I don't know if I'm getting bored (not with the food) or I'm not losing it as quickly as I was in the beginning so I'm getting more frustrated I guess. So did any of you find it easy in the beginning then got to a point where you were feeling like it was just too much & not want to continue for whatever reason? Is it really true that when you get closer to goal it is harder to come off? If anybody could tell me about their struggles, what they did or are doing to get over them & any other advise that would be great. I don't want to quit by any means, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to eat. I can't wait for the day I don't have to eat 6 OZ of protein at one sitting!!!

Thank you all in advance. I appreciate everybody for all the support that is on this website. I have recommended it to so many of my friends.

theycallmemom
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
just testing my ticker ...hmmmmm its not workin

saycindy
08-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Restarted again myself August 1st. Doing it on my own this time with baby steps and small goals. I have to often looked at the big picture and sabotaged myself.
Flowing the yellow sheet minus the drinks. I add in some butter, EVOO and some cream in my coffee. Nothing crazy but enough not to make ME crazy.

First goal is for my tight clothes to fit again.

AngelaB
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Went to WI this morning, down 2 more lbs, so a total of 33.5...but I really need to kick it up a notch and stick to my August goals for sure.

Anyone ever had bison burgers? Are they really okay on this plan?

hope2lose
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi Y'all - I'm new to the board. I started MRC yesterday. I'm still in pre-conditioning. I'm excited to be doing this...and yet it's incredibly daunting. I'm only on day 2 and I'm suffering terribly from the caffeine withdrawal headaches from years of drinking cokes. *miserable* Work and headaches do not mix!

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. And as sad as it is...I long for the day when I can wear a REAL bra. I have never been able to find one that is comfortable b/c of my size. Additionally, I am definitely motivated to lose weight b/c my mother had a stroke at 50 from undiagnosd diabetes and it's been a wake up call.

And so this is my hello to everyone! I'm sure I'll be here for quite a while since I have a large amount to lose.... :). It'll be great to have friends along the way.

BTW, can someone point me to where I can get one of the pretty tracking things that everyone seems to have? And/or direct me on how to install it?! I need all of the motivation and personal awareness I can get.

Best of luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!!

~HOPE

Junie04
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Good luck to you, Hope!

I also have a good bit to lose, so I should be here for a while.

You can edit your signature in your User CP (control panel) to get your tracking thing. Follow a link once you are there and it will tell you more information. You may have to wait until you have 20 posts before you can get one though.

hope2lose
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
thanks Junie!! : ))) - I'll check it out re: the CP Panel
and best of luck to you as well!

Btw, I saw you're from Central Louisiana....I grew up in Pineville, LA!

AngelaB
08-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome, Hope! Good luck to you!

Speaking of Louisiana, I just heard about those 6 teens that died in a river in LA. Very sad. :(

Junie04
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM

Speaking of Louisiana, I just heard about those 6 teens that died in a river in LA. Very sad. :(

I know! I heard about that. It's such a tragedy.

Junie04
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
thanks Junie!! : ))) - I'll check it out re: the CP Panel
and best of luck to you as well!

Btw, I saw you're from Central Louisiana....I grew up in Pineville, LA!

Wow, small world!!

Sandi Pants
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm from Louisiana, too!

I actually live where those teens died. It is such a tragedy. My husband and I go to the exact spot they were at - Hamel Park. He's not very buoyant and one time he accidentally stepped off of the steep drop-off. Went under and had to fight to get back up. Prayers for their families.

GoalAug2010
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
homemade snickerdoodles (my fav cookie) are baking in my work kitchen and the aroma is all around me! It's taking every ounce of self restraint to stay away. Wish me luck! I will not have a cookie... i will not have a cookie... they smell good, but i can have one when im done with program.

hope2lose
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM

HI Angela and Sandy - great to meet y'all!

Terribly about the kids in the river. :((((

theycallmemom
08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I made chocolate chunk cookies at work and it took every ounce of willpower I have ever had to stay away from them...the place smelled like cookies all day!!!!

But I did it! Glad you did too!!:D

tmarshall
08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
OMG, I'm going crazy!!!!! Went off plan last Friday, had subway, although healthy choice, still not OP, and by WI on Sunday gained 2 lbs, I thought thats the price I pay to splurg a little. Then on Monday, my friend (monthly, but not so monthly for me) started, which I haven't had for 4 months now, has really made me gain 3lbs. Is it just a coincident that I went off plan and mother nature cursed me, LOL! I swear when it's over I better of drop all the gain, and then lose a little more!!! Let's see.....go off plan, and then start your period, sounds like a double whammy to me!!!!

AngelaB
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah that's a double whammy for sure!! But drink lots of water and get back on track, and next week you will have dropped all that extra weight and then some!

I hosted National Night Out at our house last night, and I had every intention of being good. But didn't. :( I wasn't horrible, but definitely ate some stuff off plan...so back on track today and need to make sure I get my water intake in.

guinevere75
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Junie & Hope - I'm from Central LA too! :) Went to Rapides High School in LeCompte - raised in Forest Hill - my brother and sister both live in Pineville. :) I live in Dallas now, but love seeing my peeps from LA!! I think it's harder for us because our food is SOOOOO good. Hee hee hee. ;)

theycallmemom
08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
:D 6 pounds so far!!! GO ME (we wont mention that it may have been better had I not ate pizza Sunday night :shrug:)

hope2lose
08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey Junie & Hope - I'm from Central LA too! :) Went to Rapides High School in LeCompte - raised in Forest Hill - my brother and sister both live in Pineville. :) I live in Dallas now, but love seeing my peeps from LA!! I think it's harder for us because our food is SOOOOO good. Hee hee hee. ;)

Hey Guin! Great to meet you! : ))) and yes, I think the hardest thing for me is not eating Red Beans and Rice...my before diet every Monday staple....*sigh*. ; )

hope2lose
08-05-2010, 10:54 AM
:D 6 pounds so far!!! GO ME (we wont mention that it may have been better had I not ate pizza Sunday night :shrug:)

Indeed, GO YOU!!! : )))) ^5

AngelaB
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Great job on the 6 lbs!!!

mouse120
08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Is this a thread just to post anything? This is the first day on the plan that I've come home super excited! I've lost 12.5 in total as of today, only 3 pounds away from the top of the healthy range, and went up another percent in hidration to 48%! I've been SO frustrated with how slow I'm losing, but all these little things added together makes feel just a teeny bit better :)

MEEZOOGIRL
08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Went to WI today.. Down 2.5lbs.. YEAH!!! It feels good to stay on plan.. It's been hard getting back on the plan.

shannysmomma
08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Went to WI today and I lost 2.5 pounds this week. A little less than normal, but just started my monthly...blah!! Oh well, what's a girl to do??? Good job & good luck to all!!!

AngelaB
08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Is this a thread just to post anything? This is the first day on the plan that I've come home super excited! I've lost 12.5 in total as of today, only 3 pounds away from the top of the healthy range, and went up another percent in hidration to 48%! I've been SO frustrated with how slow I'm losing, but all these little things added together makes feel just a teeny bit better :)
Great job!!!!

AngelaB
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Great job Meezoogirl and shannysmomma too! You guys are doing wonderful! What a great start to our weekend, right? I didn't go into the center today - vet appt for our puppy and drs appt for my youngest, but on my scale, I am down a lb from Tuesday.

guinevere75
08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I went to my center last night to join the C25K Walking Club - the center bailed on us because of the 105 degree heat, but me and 2 other girls were going to walk regardless of what the Texas weather had to throw at us! We walked for 45 minutes. :) It felt great, and I will commit myself to doing it every week whether or not my center does! :)

wendinnc
08-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 pounds since Monday. My total so far is 24.5 so maybe next week I will have reached the -25 pound mark!! :)

Hope you all have a healthy weekend!!

Junie04
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 pounds since Monday. My total so far is 24.5 so maybe next week I will have reached the -25 pound mark!! :)

Hope you all have a healthy weekend!!

Yay Wendi! That's a nice size weight loss. Way to go!

icansucceed
08-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Morning everyone!

So most of my cravings come and go but the NEED for Chinese food is overwhelming and hanging on strong. Has anyone come across a good chinese recipe other than a stirfry? I've been trying to come up with something like a garlic sauce but am having no luck. Thanks.

hmsnow
08-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Morning everyone!

So most of my cravings come and go but the NEED for Chinese food is overwhelming and hanging on strong. Has anyone come across a good chinese recipe other than a stirfry? I've been trying to come up with something like a garlic sauce but am having no luck. Thanks.

I also had a HUGE craving for chinese today. Before I started the diet I always had chinese buffet on Fridays so I was feeling a little down today. But at weigh in today I had lost a total of 10.5 lbs and that made me feel better. I wish I could find a good chinese recipe on program, but nothing so far.

theycallmemom
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Good Monday morning to one and all! Hope you all have a great day !!!:hug:

AngelaB
08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Morning everyone!

Chinese food is a struggle for me too. Once I went into China Buffet on 370 and just had the mongolian bbq...I chose my veggies and then added shrimp or chicken, and one of the sauces that had no MSG. Probably wasn't the best choice, but I at least stayed away from the fried food, and rice, and felt better about my choice!

AngelaB
08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Went to WI in the morning and was down 2.5. I felt pretty good about staying on plan 100% all week, so I was actually looking forward to WI.

Happy Monday everyone!

GoalAug2010
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Congrats AngelaB, that's great! Looks like you're about half way!

Junie04
08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Weighed in today. Down 1.4 for a total of 29.2. I am so close to that next milestone! Now, to change my tracker...

Everyone have a great week.

wendinnc
08-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Weighed in today. Down 1.4 for a total of 29.2. I am so close to that next milestone! Now, to change my tracker...

Everyone have a great week.

Congrats!!...... almost to that 30 pound mark. WOW! How do you feel? Does it feel like you have lost that much weight when you put your clothes on? Great job.

I weighed in today as well... although I didn't have a great weight loss ... down .5 .... I finally made it to my 25 pound loss! :) I am very happy. To think that I am just about in the 140's is crazy! I can't wait!!
And... I went to the dentist for my cleaning this morning and got a clean bill of healthy teeth so I decided to treat myself to a pedicure and now have shiny fire-engine red toenails. (the little things in life.....)

shannysmomma
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Participated in the 24 hour Relay for Life this weekend. I walked a total of 12.25 miles...the most I have probably ever done. I went to WI this morning and I'm down 4.5 pounds!!! I thought maybe 2 pounds, but was very surprised when it was more. I have only 2.5 pounds before I sign the 60 pound board!! Never thought I would be here in a million years. I would have never been able to walk this much if it wasn't for MRC. It feels so awesome!!!

Good job to everyone & I hope y'all have a great week!!!

theycallmemom
08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Day started out great, on plan and good to go..then BROWNIES happened! I ate a freaking brownie!!! I could kick myself, and it wasnt even that good, and I ate it anyway...gobbled up in a minute! and it will mess me up for 3 days!!! What was I thinking!!!!:o

hatethesweatpants
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Dontcha' just HATE it when you're in your TOTM, you want to drink a bottle of wine while having a large burrito while punching someone in the face...you don't...and are rewarded with a 1lb gain? Argh, stay out of my way today. :devil:

GoalAug2010
08-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Participated in the 24 hour Relay for Life this weekend. I walked a total of 12.25 miles...the most I have probably ever done. I went to WI this morning and I'm down 4.5 pounds!!! I thought maybe 2 pounds, but was very surprised when it was more. I have only 2.5 pounds before I sign the 60 pound board!! Never thought I would be here in a million years. I would have never been able to walk this much if it wasn't for MRC. It feels so awesome!!!

Good job to everyone & I hope y'all have a great week!!!

Wow, if that's not motivation to get out and move, I don't know what is! Good for you!

GoalAug2010
08-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Went to WI today expecting either .5 or nothing because I never lose after a weekend, I always lose at the end of the week.

But nope, 1.5 down! since Friday, which is really great for me who averages 1.98 right now. AND this meant 50 lb board + 1!

Goodbye to those 51 lbs, I won't miss you one bit.

wendinnc
08-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Went to WI today expecting either .5 or nothing because I never lose after a weekend, I always lose at the end of the week.

But nope, 1.5 down! since Friday, which is really great for me who averages 1.98 right now. AND this meant 50 lb board + 1!

What a wonderful surprise!! :) That is a huge accomplishment.... and I am sure you feel wonderful with your dedication and success. What a great way to start out the week.

AngelaB
08-10-2010, 10:06 AM

Congrats to you on your 51 lbs!!

carolinagirlnc
08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
WI last night lost another 2 lbs to but me at 70lbs loss and I got to sign the board. Next goal is to get below 200 lbs. I am over halfway to my goal of 160 lbs.:carrot::carrot::carrot::D:D:D

GoalAug2010
08-10-2010, 03:44 PM
WI last night lost another 2 lbs to but me at 70lbs loss and I got to sign the board. Next goal is to get below 200 lbs. I am over halfway to my goal of 160 lbs.:carrot::carrot::carrot::D:D:D

Wow! that is impressive! What a huge accomplishment, I'll bet the difference is tremendous. You're done with the hardest part which is the setting of the habits and lifestyle, I hope it's smooth sailing for you from here on out.

AngelaB
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
That is awesome!! Great job on the 70 lb board!!!!

dkmd27
08-12-2010, 12:15 AM
WOO HOO to all of you big losers!!

theycallmemom
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Somedays I hate my job....I am a house manager at a drug rehab center, I cook dinner for the residents there as well. Yesterday, I had to make a birthday cake. Caramel, with caramel frosting. I took one teeny tiny tasted of the frosting! I think it will keep me out of ketosis for several months! AHHHHH ! Somedays are just so hard! Its only been 2 and a half weeks or so on MRC (kind of) and yesterday all I wanted to do was eat! I didnt but I wanted to!!!! I did have take out grilled chicken, while my hubby stuffed his face with fried chicken, fries and chicken wings and though mine was good - if looks could kill he would have had little tiny daggers stuck in his head!!! BAH....so today is another day and I am chanting I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN....:D

AngelaB
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Ooh that has to be hard, cooking for other people while staying on program. BUT YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN!! Just keep chanting, just keep chanting...<said in my best Dory voice>

learning2Bhealthy
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Somedays I hate my job....I am a house manager at a drug rehab center, I cook dinner for the residents there as well. Yesterday, I had to make a birthday cake. Caramel, with caramel frosting. I took one teeny tiny tasted of the frosting! I think it will keep me out of ketosis for several months! AHHHHH ! Somedays are just so hard! Its only been 2 and a half weeks or so on MRC (kind of) and yesterday all I wanted to do was eat! I didnt but I wanted to!!!! I did have take out grilled chicken, while my hubby stuffed his face with fried chicken, fries and chicken wings and though mine was good - if looks could kill he would have had little tiny daggers stuck in his head!!! BAH....so today is another day and I am chanting I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN....:D

Way to go!!! I'm soooo proud of you.:hug: When I was doing MRC the first time, I had to cook separate meals for my DH.. It was hard but it can be done with the help of willpower and you sound like you have a heck of a lot...:D Keep up your hard work and it WILL pay off...;)

guinevere75
08-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Stupid mother nature - darn cycle always makes me gain! Up .5, but oh well - it's better than my past two months where my cycle had me up over 1 lb.

theycallmemom
08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
so its been 2 weeks for me, is it possible to be at a plateau:( already!!!!

guinevere75
08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Finally moving down again - over half way there now! :)

wendinnc
08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I stayed the same today at weigh-in. That makes this week only a 1/2 pound loss!! :( I hate to feel discouraged, but with all my efforts I should be seeing the scale going down at a steady rate and it simply isn't. It is making me feel like I want to go ahead and enjoy that glass of wine that I haven't had in 3 months!!!!..... not that I will ....since the guilt alone would take any pleasure I would have had away.
Here's hoping to a loss on Monday's weigh-in.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Sandi Pants
08-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Congrats on your weight loss!!! 70lbs is incredible!!
Love your pups! We've got 2 boxers also and they are our pride and joy!!

shannysmomma
08-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Went to WI this morning. I lost another 2 pounds. The total for this week has been 6.5 pounds. I have lost a total of 59.5 pounds since May!! I am really happy, but I was so looking forward to signing the 60 board. Oh well, I will for sure do it monday!!

Junie04
08-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Pretty average week for me. I was down 2 pounds total, needed 2.2 to make it to 30 pounds! Monday I hope to surpass 30 by a margin!

Everyone have a great weekend.

ladystarrider
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm back from a ten-day road trip. I have not seen a scale nor have I had access to the Internet, so I'm super glad to be back with all of you wonderful "losers"! I plan to get on my home scale tomorrow morning, as usual. I did not stay OP during my trip, but I tried to eat sensibly and avoid too many carbs as much as I could. I will be pleasantly surprised if I managed to maintain my weight loss - in fact, I am preparing myself for seeing a gain. To make matters worse, I came home with a bladder infection, which means I feel generally lousy and will probably be in the bathroom all night unable to go! Tomorrow is another day, and hubby and I went to the store tonight and stocked up on good healthy OP veggies and eggs. I am going to give myself until next Tuesday before I return to my center. I figure if I gained water weight I'll take a few days of pushing water and veggies to get rid of it again. So I'm sucking it up...at least six pounds to go (maybe even ten) by the end of the month...back in the groove!

theycallmemom
08-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Good Morning !!! Happy Monday! Todays mission, make it through the day without getting on the scale!! I have become obsessed with weighing myself, which maybe would not be so bad if I didnt get upset when It goes up a pound or down a pound then up a pound at different times of the day. :dizzy: SO - I am going to TRY to only weigh myself on Wed and Sat...

Other then that, here's for a great week on plan, lots of weight loss and NO stress this week !!! :D

GoalAug2010
08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Down 2.5 on Saturday! Which makes for a record breaking 4lbs last week! I spent the weekend shopping for a dress for my hs reunion which was so rewarding because I could try on anything in any store I wanted! It's taken a few months, but I'm finally feeling the reward of the work i've put in! I hope everyone else is too!

Sandi Pants
08-16-2010, 02:18 PM
So my husband and I are done with pre-conditioning and have officially started Day 1. I'm on the yellow menu for 4 days, then I think I go to another menu til Day 11, then my long-term menu after that. So far, so good. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard scarfing down 8 oz of salad veggies at lunch. Didn't realize how much that was!!

A friend of ours recently got a party barge and he's been inviting us all summer to go boating (aka anchor on a sandbar and drink beer all day). I'm too self-conscious to wear a bathing suit so we haven't gone, but I wanted to test myself so yesterday we finally went. I was proud of myself. I didn't drink at all and brought some cantaloupe with me for a snack instead of chips and burgers. If I can be in that atmosphere and not give in to my desire for a tasty barley pop, then I'm confident I can stay on track in other tempting situations as well. Woot.

AngelaB
08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Ugh ugh ugh. I was doing so well - haven't cheated in DAYS. And then yesterday I had a lia sophia party at my house - theme was Chics and Chocolates...and I made it through the WHOLE party without eating off plan...until right at the end when I was cleaning up. And then went to a dinner party last night for my husband's group that he belongs to, and I couldn't NOT eat, at least not without being rude. And then today was just a bad day altogether. I've NEVER cheated two days in a row, the whole time I've been on this. NEVER. I'm so angry with myself.

hatethesweatpants
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
NEVER. I'm so angry with myself.

No, No, No, Angela! The only reason you should be angry with yourself is for being angry with yourself! :D You know what you did, you made a decision, and now you make a decision to deal with it and move on. Don't beat yourself up - I know from personal experience that the only place that leads is into the arms of a bag of Oreos.

hatethesweatpants
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Down 2.5 on Saturday! Which makes for a record breaking 4lbs last week! I spent the weekend shopping for a dress for my hs reunion which was so rewarding because I could try on anything in any store I wanted! It's taken a few months, but I'm finally feeling the reward of the work i've put in! I hope everyone else is too!

:carrot: That's fantastic!!! :carrot: You're reaping the rewards of your hard work!

tmarshall
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
OK, for the last 2 weeks, I've been up, down, and up again! definitly at a plateau-I was finally in the low 250s, which is where my body fills comfortable, and tried to stay there, Fuctuating between 3 lbs, so I decided to try Meta-Quick, to see if I could jump start my weight loss again, it seems to be working, I'm finally out of the 50s, and into the 40s! I don't know when the last time I saw 249 was! This is day 4 of meta-quick, it hasn't been too bad, going to stay on all 7 days, WI is not until thurs, so I'm hoping to see the 40lb loss mark this week!

tmarshall
08-16-2010, 10:55 PM
whoops, forgot to move my tracker!

GoalAug2010
08-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Great job Sandi Pants! The more you excercise your self-control the easier it becomes!

8oz of salad is a lot indeed, if you're not finding yourself super hungry, try going for 4 oz of cooked instead. Or try a couple veggies without lettuce. Actual salad requires a LOT, so I typically just eat tomatoes or cucumbers on their own.

theycallmemom
08-17-2010, 10:41 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED - 5 days no change in weight!!! any tips on how to break a plateau?

dkmd27
08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED - 5 days no change in weight!!! any tips on how to break a plateau?

People will say: drink more water, eat more lean proteins for your choices (fish, fish, fish), no cheese, no creamies, B12, supplements, etc.

I tend to look at things differently ... just hang in there -- your plateau will break. If you have to use gimmicky things to break a plateau, I think that's artificially manipulating your body. Let your body catch up. If you are 100% on program, the plateau will break. Plateaus are EXTREMELY frustrating, I feel your pain, and they are a reason a lot of people throw in the towel. But you're committed, so stay the course, keep working the program and it will work for you. Good luck, I hope it doesn't last much longer. :hug:

guinevere75
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I thought I'd move this here just to get some more eyes on it and see if anyone can help me out - I'd like to get the label from a ready-made MRC chocolate shake (the meal replacement kind) - I'm doing Metaquick, but I'd like to do it w/a substitute bc the MRC shakes are so darn expensive - I'm using the EAS AdvantEdge and just want to compare labels to see how close I am to MRC -can someone post the label contents from one of their shakes for me? I go to weigh in today at my center, and am hoping the last 2 days of doing Metaquick w/EAS will pay off - we'll see!! THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!

And just FYI, the EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein

wendinnc
08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Yesterday I went to weigh-in and was down 1.5 pounds. :) I also had measurements and since last month have lost 10 more inches.
My totals to date are: -26.5 pounds
-35 inches
I am very pleased that I have stayed determined despite the slow weight loss weeks. The only complaint that I really have is how low my energy level gets around 2 or 3pm every day. If I had the chance I would curl up on my bed and sleep for 2 hours! Does anyone else experience low energy??

aprilw94
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM

it sounds like you work around alot of food...and i know it can be soooooo hard to keep yourself from little tastes and licks as you have talked about in past posts. but remember every time you take even a lick of something off your finger or the littlest crumb it will be 3 days before you will start burning fat again. So look back and see if in the past five days there has been even the smallest choice to taste something and you will know if it is truely a plateau, or if your body just hasn't had a chance to get back into fat burning mode again since the last "taste". That being said, don't beat yourself up about those decisions, just be aware of how your body will respond when you choose to enjoy something off program. :)
hang in there!!

guinevere75
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Ditto Wendi. Feel about slower about right now (3pm). But I'm doing Metaquick, so I was really attributing it to that.

Down 1.5 lbs today as well! :) It's a good day. Looks like you and I started in about the same place and are heading close the the same place as well - congrats on the weight you've already lost!! Doesn't it feel great?!?!

shannysmomma
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I went to WI yesterday & I was very disappointed. I didn't lose anything. I stayed the same. This is very weird for me because since I began I have always lost & haven't hit a plateau yet. I'm not sure why I didn't lose because I stay OP 100% & I have been trying to exercise more plus I drink at least 120 oz of water a day. I don't know what it is. I am only 1/2 a pound away from signing the 60 board & was so upset. If this is a plateau I think I may do the metaquick plan next week to hopefully jump start my losing streak. I guess I should be happy I didn't gain, but I really don't see that being possible since I stay OP. Oh well, hopefully Wed or Thurs I will be able to sign the board.

guinevere75
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Shanny, you mentioned you've increased your exercise - could be that you gained some muscle. Ask your center to run a body comp for you (they usually do one every 30 days) - that printout might help understand what's going on. Regardless, you are doing AWESOME!! Congrats on what you've lost already!!

ladystarrider
08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Yesterday I went to weigh-in and was down 1.5 pounds. :) I also had measurements and since last month have lost 10 more inches.
My totals to date are: -26.5 pounds
-35 inches
I am very pleased that I have stayed determined despite the slow weight loss weeks. The only complaint that I really have is how low my energy level gets around 2 or 3pm every day. If I had the chance I would curl up on my bed and sleep for 2 hours! Does anyone else experience low energy??

I have a good friend who did saliva testing - but she did it through her MD's office - who told me the resultant treatment had really helped with her energy and weight issues. I went to her doctor and got the saliva test. It required 4 samples: on rising, at noon, mid-afternoon, and bedtime. The test kit was shipped off to a lab in Oregon for processing. I went in to the doctor's office yesterday to confer about the results. I was shown to be out of balance between estrogen and progesterone/testosterone, and also to have adrenal fatigue (cortisol depletion), which explains the low-energy issues. So I am going tomorrow to pick up an individually compounded prescription for bioidentical hormones for the imbalance, and another individually compounded prescription for the adrenal fatigue. I plan to try it to see if it helps with my quality of life! The test was pricey - $240, and the drugs are going to cost another $68. I hope to recoup these from my insurance, but don't know if it will be covered. It just seemed to me that a one-size-fits-all cream from MRC couldn't possibly be very specific to an individual person with so many hormones involved. I also get migraines and I'm hopeful that this will help with that condition, too. I should also mention that my regular family doctor didn't think much of the whole saliva testing thing, but I read up on it and there are many people who swear by it and the treatments that have resulted. I figure it is worth a try if it helps. I will keep you all posted as to whether this has been helpful and worth it.

Junie04
08-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Congratulations to all you losers out there this week!

I see I am not alone, though. I lost a big fat zero this week so far. It is pretty frustrating to be at a plateau. I had a long chat with my center today to see what I can switch up to shake things up a bit. I haven't been doing too well the last couple of weeks so I've been expecting a nice weigh in, but it hasn't come yet! I am ready to get more of this weight off!

Junie04
08-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Wendi, I do not experience the 2-3:00 slump as you mentioned. Have you talked to your center about that? Are you anemic?

They are having me drink one of my HNS around 3:00 so maybe that's why I am not experiencing it. Good luck to you.

Oh, and you are catching up! I am still .2 from 30 pounds!

theycallmemom
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the reply s you guys :cool:

APRILW94 - I do work around food all the time! And let me tell you I am tempted every single day, however I dont take tastes or bites hardly at all! Its a killer too LOLOLOL - but Im thinking last week was the big had to make a caramel cake with caramel frosting and tasted the frosting..which I admitted would knock me out of ketosis for months !!! :dizzy: But its been longer then 3 days ago. I dunno :?:

Im just gonna keep on keeping on - the fact that the calories are very low on this diet alone should get the scale moving again - I hope!!!

Congrats to all you looser below me!!!! WOO HOO

GoalAug2010
08-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Congrats wendinnc! Great job!

Re: the low energy, it took me a month on program to realize it but this diet has no sources of iron and the multi lacks it for some reason. You might be experiencing some signs of anemia, in which case, a small iron supplement is the answer or changing to another multi.

As for your inches lost, there's another thread about MRC-6 going on about lbs vs. inches. Looks like you're also in the more inches than lbs range, are you on MRC6? or could you weigh in on that other thread?

Thanks!

wendinnc
08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Ditto Wendi. Feel about slower about right now (3pm). But I'm doing Metaquick, so I was really attributing it to that.

Down 1.5 lbs today as well! :) It's a good day. Looks like you and I started in about the same place and are heading close the the same place as well - congrats on the weight you've already lost!! Doesn't it feel great?!?!

It does feel great! :) I had this pair of pants I couldn't wait to fit back into and then it got lost in my closet. When I cleaned out my closet last weekend I found them and tried them on..... too big! I was not sad in the least!!

Wendi, I do not experience the 2-3:00 slump as you mentioned. Have you talked to your center about that? Are you anemic?

They are having me drink one of my HNS around 3:00 so maybe that's why I am not experiencing it. Good luck to you.

Oh, and you are catching up! I am still .2 from 30 pounds!

I did talk with my center about it, June. They just suggested more of their supplements. (CoQ10.... believe it or not.) I was hoping for some legitimate reason and not just another pill to try out. I do have an HNS in the middle of the afternoon, but more because that is a hungry time for me.... so I guess that doesn't help increase my energy. I do take prescription vitamin D so maybe that needs to be increased. Maybe I'll make an appointment to see my doctor and have some blood work taken.
I know you will make your 30 pound mark at next weigh-in! You are doing great!! ....at the rate I lose I am still so far up from catching up with you.... but thank you for the vote of confidence. :)

Congrats wendinnc! Great job!

Re: the low energy, it took me a month on program to realize it but this diet has no sources of iron and the multi lacks it for some reason. You might be experiencing some signs of anemia, in which case, a small iron supplement is the answer or changing to another multi.

As for your inches lost, there's another thread about MRC-6 going on about lbs vs. inches. Looks like you're also in the more inches than lbs range, are you on MRC6? or could you weigh in on that other thread?

Thanks!

The multi I take does have some iron in it, but not much. I am thinking that you may be right and the low iron may be contributing to my low energy. I honestly could even pull over in my car and fall asleep...... it is horrible how tired I get!! Thank you for your advice.
I don't take MRC6. I only take my multi and flax oil. (along with my prescription vitamin D) I am not much of a pill taker...... I usually gag when I take them so the less the better for me.
Do most people lose more weight than inches?? or more inches than weight?? I just assumed this was right along with everyone else.

theycallmemom
08-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I NEEEEEEED chocolate!!!!! OMG what a day today, my boss drove me nuts all day!!! He messes up his budget big time and for some strange reason seems to think I can cut my budget to make up the difference...so he kept giving me the most ridiculous suggestions all day long on how to cut my food and household supply budget...like take left over fried pork chops and make soup out of them! Did I mention I live in ALABAMA - its a zillion degrees out and he wants me to make soup!!! Anyway long story short...I have discovered a food trigger!!! :D

hatethesweatpants
08-19-2010, 08:43 AM
The multi I take does have some iron in it, but not much. I am thinking that you may be right and the low iron may be contributing to my low energy. I honestly could even pull over in my car and fall asleep...... it is horrible how tired I get!! Thank you for your advice.

I get the same thing - here's a couple of thoughts:
1. You have fewer carbs, so you do have less immediate energy. I just give in and take a 15-20 min nap. Can you do that? It really helps me. Sometimes, if it's bad, I will drink a cup of green tea right before the nap and the caffeine wakes me up feeling refreshed.
2. Do you eat red meat 1-2x/week? I make sure to eat it at least once a week along with plenty of spinach and vit D and vit B. When I start dragging for an entire day, it's my signal that I need to have steak that evening. Vit B is a supplement I have taken for years for energy. They're small pills that you can dissolve under your tongue - not gross at all.

Good luck!

Sandi Pants
08-19-2010, 11:25 PM
WI today and down 3.5lbs since Monday. Not too shabby. Day 4 is done, and I'm going to the blue menu tomorrow. Not a whole lot more options but at least I can eat tuna for lunch instead of a huge honkin salad. So over salads! :)
The hubs weighed in today too, and he's already down 8lbs. I'm so proud of him. I knew he'd lose a lot faster than I would. They warned me and told me to not get discouraged, but it's more exciting to me than anything. I'm just grateful he chose to do this with me. It's great having a live-in accountability partner.
I'm finally (hopefully) through the worst of my coca-cola classic withdrawals. Had a pretty bad headache for the first 3 days straight, but today the pain seems to be subsiding. Like others have mentioned, I do notice I get super tired around early afternoon. I'm hoping it's just due to my body getting used to my new eating habits and it will regulate itself. We'll see how that plays out.

I also wanted to ask - how often do you all WI?

Junie04
08-20-2010, 09:52 AM
WI today and down 3.5lbs since Monday. Not too shabby. Day 4 is done, and I'm going to the blue menu tomorrow. Not a whole lot more options but at least I can eat tuna for lunch instead of a huge honkin salad. So over salads! :)

I also wanted to ask - how often do you all WI?

That is so great! Keep up the good work.

I weigh in twice a week. How often will you weigh in?

ladystarrider
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
It's been 21 days since my last weigh in. I ate somewhat off program during that time, owing to vacation and then daily eating out for lunch during teacher inservice week. In my city the only fast restaurants for lunch are Subway, Mexican, and Pizza Hut - it isn't easy to deal with the menu while following the program. I was very concerned about gaining, let alone losing, weight on my trip. Weigh-in today was better than I expected - I am down 3 pounds. I also did body comp and have lost 5 more inches since last month. I probably won't achieve the rest of my August goal of 10 pounds by the end of the month, but I still consider this to be a great victory! I did make good choices whenever I could, and things could have been a whole lot worse. Now that school is starting on Monday, I can get back into a routine, eat OP, and start going to the gym. Only 3 pounds to go and I'll get my 40 pound stone. Woo hoo!

SandyKC0SWJ
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I only weigh in once a week. And always on the same day and same time. I found I was too obsessed with the weight loss by weighing in more often. I am trying to make this a habit and lifestyle instead of it being about the weight loss. So far I have done well with that frame of mind.

hatethesweatpants
08-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I NEEEEEEED chocolate!!!!! OMG what a day today, my boss drove me nuts all day!!! He messes up his budget big time and for some strange reason seems to think I can cut my budget to make up the difference...so he kept giving me the most ridiculous suggestions all day long on how to cut my food and household supply budget...like take left over fried pork chops and make soup out of them! Did I mention I live in ALABAMA - its a zillion degrees out and he wants me to make soup!!! Anyway long story short...I have discovered a food trigger!!! :D

Have you tried MRC Creamy Hot Cocoa HNS? If you put it in a mug with 1 packet of sweet and low, 1-2t oil (if you haven't had it that day) and 2-3T water and microwave for 1min, it tastes like a brownie...ish. It saves me some days.

GoalAug2010
08-23-2010, 12:46 PM
back from my 10 year reunion weekend, I ate pretty well, but not enough meals or not always the right things. Today i'm starting metaquick and have to get my water up. It was the first time I've seen my parents since starting the program and they were really shocked to see me. It was really fun, but I have to be careful now that i'm 'almost done' it's a slippery slope keeping my nose to the grindstone to finish this out. Going to have a great on plan week and I hope to see the good losses continue.

shannysmomma
08-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Finally!!! I experienced my first plateau last week and was stuck. I switched up a bit on my menu & I finally broke through!!! I lost 4.5 pounds for a total of 63.5 pounds since starting in May 2010. I got to sign the 60 board & got my little rock to add to my collection....its the little things that make me happy!!!

Sandi Pants
08-23-2010, 04:55 PM
WI today. Down 4lbs since Thursday!! Even beat my husband, who was down 1.5lbs. I'm not sure why the spike, but I'll take it! That makes my total loss 7lbs and hubs is down 9.5 since Monday! :dance:

Battled another temptation yesterday. We had a family get together for my grandma's bday and when my family gets together, it's all about food. Before I got home, I asked my pops to grill some chicken just for me and the hubs. He did. Then I got home and saw what everyone else was eating....hamburgers. My dad's wonderfully juicy, perfectly seasoned hamburgers. Knife to the heart...or gut....whichever. BUT! I ate my grilled chicken and salad then took my cousin school supply shopping so I wouldn't be around the yummy goodness. If it was fried squirrel, I might not have been able to resist!!

theycallmemom
08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these :dizzy:

Edited to say, I give up on the Ketosticks....they only time they show me pink is if I have not drank enough water - and I kow Im in ketosis cause my urine has the "smell" to it - or am I the only one who can smell ketosis...Im thinkin maybe Im just weird

Edited again to say FaceBook is down !!! My cakes are burning LOL ( since I cant have any in the real world I am baking them on facebook

hatethesweatpants
08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these :dizzy:

I was told that if it wasn't on the menu, it is a "no." I am not a big meat lover and asked about tofu and tofu alternatives. They said I would have to completely switch over to a vegetarian menu. My guess on Boca is "no."

aprilw94
08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=theycallmemom;3449970]does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these :dizzy:

I to was told no and no to any pre seasoned meats all because of the sodium :(

theycallmemom
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I figured it was a no after I saw the salt...its ok though, my hubby ate them...he eats EVERYTHING LOL:D

Onion Girl
08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Quick question.......when should I be switched to a new menu. I am currently on the beige menu which I started on program with. That was 56 lbs ago. I keep forgetting to ask when I go in, I'm usually in a rush....weight in, get supplements and out the door. Plus I'm a little scared of a new lesser food menu. Signed for another 16 weeks just to be accountable. I'm very pleased with the program and have only 26 lbs to go. Will I stay on the beige till I'm 160.? Please share your thoughts.

ladystarrider
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Quick question.......when should I be switched to a new menu. I am currently on the beige menu which I started on program with. That was 56 lbs ago. I keep forgetting to ask when I go in, I'm usually in a rush....weight in, get supplements and out the door. Plus I'm a little scared of a new lesser food menu. Signed for another 16 weeks just to be accountable. I'm very pleased with the program and have only 26 lbs to go. Will I stay on the beige till I'm 160.? Please share your thoughts.

I was switched from beige to green when I got under 200 pounds. It is less food, but I was (and am) never hungry. I am really surprised none of your counselors have caught this. You should definitely ask, otherwise it might interfere with your transition when you get closer to your goal. To help me remember to ask things, I sometimes will put a reminder (such as the beige menu paper) in my car where I will see it! Good job! When did you start?

wendinnc
08-24-2010, 08:27 AM
I was told that if it wasn't on the menu, it is a "no." I am not a big meat lover and asked about tofu and tofu alternatives. They said I would have to completely switch over to a vegetarian menu. My guess on Boca is "no."

My center gave me the vegetarian menu in case I wanted to switch around a bit. I asked if I needed to follow it for the entire week and was told NO, but that I would have to follow it for the entire day not just one meal. I believe BOCA burgers were allowed. Check with your center and ask for the vegetarian menu, too.

hatethesweatpants
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM

Yes, you should go to green at 199. I actually started transitioning around 205. The only changes are 4oz meat instead of 6oz, and cheese limited to 2x/week at lunch (breakfast stays same) max. It is also a max of 4 supplements/day for meta-slim. Don't be scared of it - it really doesn't seem like that much less once you transition. I actually started doing 5oz in that 205 weight range and then switched to 4oz when I went under 200.

Onion Girl
08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I started preconditioning on march 20th of this year. I am very happy with my results. I have become a little less focused with my meal choices but I continue to go down in lbs, just not as fast as in the beginning. Going from 6oz of protein to 4oz is very do-able. I'm giving myself another 4 months to lose 26 lbs. I changed my goal from 170 to 160. I will make it a priority to ask them about the menu change this week. On another note.....has anyone heard anything about new meal bar flavors. My center said they got some in to sample,....pnut butter, oatmeal, choco/marshmallow, but they haven't been able to order them yet. Has anyone heard about these?

noahsmama
08-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello to all my 3FC friends! I know, long time, no chat, but I'm back and just re-enrolled for 17 more weeks to get this weight off. It's been a rough last 6 months or so (divorce/move) but I'm on the up-swing and am happier than ever and can't wait to get back to feeling better!! I look forward to seeing some 'old faces' perhaps and learning more about all the new ones since I last was on here!!

tmarshall
08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Great Day, yesterday, went to doc, for the first time since starting MRC June 9, was down 46 lbs according to their scale, which is the scale I started with, whooo....hooo...., then decided that I should celebrate by have a large slice of pizza (so hungry for pizza), but ended up staying OP, and having a grilled chicken salad instead! It's amazing how your mind thinks it needs food to celebrate, was a real struggle not to reward myself with food (but that's how I got here in the first place) Was on the go all day yesterday, and had way to much diet dr. pepper, and not enough water, so I'm suffering tonight from "I can't get to sleep", and I'm hungry. Chewed on some celery sticks, lol! Started with a clothing size of 26/28, on the tight side, and now a 22! Onederland, by Christmas!

guinevere75
08-26-2010, 11:18 AM
tmarshall, congrats on the loss - how wonderful to have the doctor's office just reconfirm how great you've been doing - and an even better success on choosing the salad over the pizza!! I too have had a problem equating celebrating w/food - just have to find something else to celebrate with - like pedicures!! ;)

dkmd27
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
way to go tmarshall .... and yes, I think many of us always think of food as a celebration -- and it's awesome that now it's just a thought, not an action! Congratulations!

sgustin8
08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
hello all....my contract is up at the center and i am still about 15lbs from my goal. Rather than re-sign, i decided to go it on my own. Using dietdirect and GNC supplements....i am determined to be determined!

I started metaquick today-using the EAS shakes. Honestly, I LOVE metaquick and feel like i could do it all the time! I had a bad week last week and went from 140.5 last Friday to 145.5 today....5lbs in a week *yikes*. I swear, i had everything i crave and now i feel like i am over it. The food (like red velvet cake) didnt even taste as good as i anticipated. SOOOO....here I am, stayed OP today and plan on metaquick for 5 days. I am going out of town next weekend for Labor Day, so I'm sure there will be challenges, but I will stay accountable!

And good job to all of you "losers"!!!

namaste1969
08-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Great Day, yesterday, went to doc, for the first time since starting MRC June 9, was down 46 lbs according to their scale, which is the scale I started with, whooo....hooo...., then decided that I should celebrate by have a large slice of pizza (so hungry for pizza), but ended up staying OP, and having a grilled chicken salad instead! It's amazing how your mind thinks it needs food to celebrate, was a real struggle not to reward myself with food (but that's how I got here in the first place) Was on the go all day yesterday, and had way to much diet dr. pepper, and not enough water, so I'm suffering tonight from "I can't get to sleep", and I'm hungry. Chewed on some celery sticks, lol! Started with a clothing size of 26/28, on the tight side, and now a 22! Onederland, by Christmas!
Wow! Congratulations tmarshall!!

namaste1969
08-29-2010, 03:54 PM
This week I hit 30 lbs lost.:carrot: It feels so great. I am so happy I found a plan that works! I have my moments when I have a pity party about having to be on a 'diet' and being 'deprived'. But then I remember the alternative, wipe the tears and move on.
Woo hoo!

wendinnc
08-30-2010, 07:02 AM
This week I hit 30 lbs lost.:carrot: It feels so great. I am so happy I found a plan that works! I have my moments when I have a pity party about having to be on a 'diet' and being 'deprived'. But then I remember the alternative, wipe the tears and move on.
Woo hoo!

Congratulations on your 30 pounds!!!! Sticking with it and seeing the results (in my case no matter how slow those results are) is the best feeling of accomplishment!! :)
Way to go!

hatethesweatpants
08-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Woo hoo!

Congratulations! The pity parties get fewer and further between!

hatethesweatpants
08-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi all!
I had a very exciting breakthrough this weekend. First of all, I am a pound away from signing the 50lb board. Back in my thin days, I attended formal events with my husband all the time and never got rid of the dresses. This last Saturday night, we had an event to attend and I was able to put on all the dresses and decide which one I WANTED to wear, rather than wear black slacks and black top that made me feel least fat! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pictures...YAY! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

sgustin8
08-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi all!
I had a very exciting breakthrough this weekend. First of all, I am a pound away from signing the 50lb board. Back in my thin days, I attended formal events with my husband all the time and never got rid of the dresses. This last Saturday night, we had an event to attend and I was able to put on all the dresses and decide which one I WANTED to wear, rather than wear black slacks and black top that made me feel least fat! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pictures...YAY! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congratulations!! I did the same thing with a pair of jeans, and they are almost too big now!! It seems that sooo many people keep their "skinny clothes" forever because they always dream of losing the weight. Well, now you are a success story!! Proof that it CAN BE DONE! Keep it up.

Junie04
08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi all!
I had a very exciting breakthrough this weekend. First of all, I am a pound away from signing the 50lb board. Back in my thin days, I attended formal events with my husband all the time and never got rid of the dresses. This last Saturday night, we had an event to attend and I was able to put on all the dresses and decide which one I WANTED to wear, rather than wear black slacks and black top that made me feel least fat! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pictures...YAY! :

That is amazing. I bet that was a very good night for you!!

Junie04
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Woo hoo!

Congratulations, what a great milestone!

I have those moments too, then realize I need to suck it up!! Good luck to you.

dkmd27
08-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi all!

Way to go Debi!! :hug:

Sandi Pants
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Congrats to everyone! It's motivating to see so many great accomplishments!

My weekend wasn't the greatest. The hubs and I traveled out of state for his company's employee banquet weekend. We tried to stay as OP as possible with the options we had, but I feel miserable today. Not mentally - I'm not guilt-ing myself to death. But physically, I can tell my body is not responding well to a weekend of semi-unhealthy eating...heavy, bloated, gross. I'm so glad I'm back on track today!

namaste1969
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi all!

Debi,
Thanks for sharing your experience! How exciting!

ladystarrider
08-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi all!

Way to go! I have a whole second closet full of the pretty smaller clothes I used to wear. I've been shopping in that closet for the last couple months, and it is like having a whole new wardrobe. Although I still have a ways to go, yesterday at work several people commented on how "skinny" I looked. Isn't it great?

Jace1234
08-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone! I was first on MRC a little over a year ago and did well. I recently had my 4th daughter and am now ready to get back on and lose this extra weight once and for all! My sister is getting married in July and has asked me to be her matron of honor...I am going to do it looking thin and beautiful! I am loooking forward to all your support, that helped me so much the first time i was on. Let's do this together! : ):hug:

tambolina
08-31-2010, 04:17 PM
first WI today since last weeks start on the preconditioning... lost 2 lbs!! WOOHOO!! :D

Jace1234
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
hi Everyone!

Jace1234
08-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok I think its working now...just reregistered or whatever to give it a fresh new go! I look forward to us supporting each other!

ladystarrider
09-01-2010, 06:49 AM
I have really relied on this forum for daily support. It is good to have you! Together we can do this!

hatethesweatpants
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
first WI today since last weeks start on the preconditioning... lost 2 lbs!! WOOHOO!! :D

Awesome! :bravo::cp::cp: