Other Reduced Carb Diets - Belly Fat Cure Buddies - Accountability

MissKoo
07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
I just downloaded the book and I'm very excited to start! I'm going to the grocery tonight (I had to go shopping anyway . . .) and taking the book with me to help me shop.

Jorge writes that we need to have three buddies to check in with. So, I would like to start a daily BFC Buddies check in thread. Maybe start a new thread every week - starting on Sundays.

Anyone interested? I need some diet buddies, y'all! Let's go!:carrot:

neabonz
07-31-2010, 11:34 PM
I am new to the BFC and will weigh in tomorrow for my first week on BFC and am kind of nervous. I am definitely looking for someone to do this with. I have about 75 pounds to lose. I started out last Sunday at 234.8 so I am crossing my fingers that tomorrows weight will be significantly different.

I don't have a ticker yet since I haven't been here long enough. Look forward to losing the weight and not having to do it alone.

MissKoo
08-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Hey, I'm nervous, too. After taking a very good look through the book it reallys makes sense to me and it looks like something that I really can do. I also got the "sugar and carb" counter book while I was shopping this evening. I didn't get a chance to read it before shopping but I know I will get a look of help from it!

So, I'm weighing in tomorrow as well. I have about the same amount to lose!

kcx
08-01-2010, 01:05 AM
definitely interested. i officially started today cayse last night i was craving chocolate so bad i had three mini peppermint patties which blew my sugars. im just trying to find the right balance and variety of foods right now. it seems like once i do th

bunnykins
08-01-2010, 07:51 AM
hi there, I've just joined this site today. Here in the UK not much known about the BFC so intend to order book today and start immediatelyLooking forward to seeing how members get on with this diet and hope to report in myself as soon as I get started.

MissKoo
08-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I measured my waist and the number is very high! My goal is to get it below 35" - I think that will be the best way to gauge my success. I had an omlette this morning with coffee & half/half. I didn't use any splenda, like usual. I'm going to get some stevia at the market later today. It may be hard getting away from the splenda but not impossible.

Have a great day!

kcx
08-01-2010, 02:58 PM
would anyone be willing to exchange email addresses or instant messanger names? these threads are sort of slow at times and i know when im really craving i need support THEN not the next morning. im sure people check their emails more regularly than this

MissKoo
08-01-2010, 03:21 PM
There are little icons below your information in the posts, like the little AIM guy, the ICQ flower, the Y! from yahoo . . . If you click on one of the you will be connected to whatever service that person has made public in their profile. If you click on mine it will connect you my AIM message center.

neabonz
08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes. I weighed in for the first time since on BFC and I was down 11 pounds. I am so excited. This diet is actually working and I am not hungry.

I also measure my wait and I had lost an inch in 1 week. I think that is
incredible.

My only problem is breakfast drink. What are others drinking? I am tired of just drinking water.

I am definitely interested in exchanging emails or doing IM. Not sure how to do IM just need someone to explain and I would be willing to do that as well.

MissKoo
08-01-2010, 10:21 PM
If I am online you can click on the AIM guy (under my height on the side bar of my posts). You guys are welcome to IM me. Please make sure you start by typing in that you are from the BFC thread!

Geez . . .11 pounds! Holy Cow! AWESOME

kcx
08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Congrats!!!

How long did it take to lose 11 lbs? was that in a week? if so, that makes me even more excited!

If you want to do IM, it depends on which service you use/want to use. I use AIM and to do that, you can either download the program off aim.com or you can just do the pop up window aim on aol.com if you already have an aol email.

chewy
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I am not new to 3FC but new to this diet...new way of life.
I have been reading the mega thread all week, plus a BFC blog I found.
So I will be buying some things tomorrow, book included and be getting started this coming week!

I have AIM and could also do email. I think being close or in the same time zone is important though.

:carrot: I am in CA.

cookinmary
08-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I was thinking of doing this, er should say try it again. I bought the sugar/carb counter book over the weekend.

Not sure when I will actually start it. Probably later in the week.

rachelearth
08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Guys.

Koo accountability thread is a great idea. Thank you for starting this out. I am in too. I shall try to come by every day. Good luck to all of us.

MissKoo
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I was looking at the BFC sugar & carb counter book and I noticed that there are a lot of Lean Cuisine and WW smart ones that are acceptable 5/2 or close to it! I don't usually like to eat frozen meals but it is nice to know that they are okay if I need a quick lunch!

Today I had
Omlette with green peppers an onion
Large chicken salad (chicken breast and 3 cups of greens) with Ranch dressing
Green Tea with Stevia
String Cheese

Dinner in a bit!

How is everyone else faring?

chewy
08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
That sounds like a day on this Plan, Miss Koo.

In the book it reads to not do any carbs after 3 PM is you want to speed up the weight loss.

I guess for me that means I will do salads for dinner, or a shake which is 0/0.

Tomorrow will be day 1 for me. I found all of the things I needed, even Chia Seeds at Henry's.

I am going to do whole foods as much as I can, but I will be eating seafood and omit other meats.

I found these baked tostadas and they have 10G carb in 1 and 0 sugar. I also found Almond based Cheese which is 0/0.

The book which I bought today is really helpful.

:carrot:

rachelearth
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone.

Had a great day yesterday. I finally made zucchini patties to my satisfaction. very delicious. I put 6 melba toast in it and it was not runny nor oily. I shall post the recipe a bit later.

It is very crisp and cool here this morning and I want to go for an hour walk with my boys. No running today.

Have a great day.

cookinmary
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, I started the program this morning. I will forgo the fruit. Someone else will have to eat it.

Breakfast was eggs, with spinach and some parm grated on top with some oven fries.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds. If I can lick breakfast with no fruits, I think I should be ok.

Do post that zucchini recipe please.

kcx
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I bought those tofu noodles someone recommended, haven't tried them yet, but they are so low in EVERYTHING including calories. I also bought some Rudi's english muffins (wanted bread but my Whole Foods didn't carry it), Zevia (which I tried and it pretty darn good!), and 90% dark chocolate.

I still need to find some BFC appropriate jelly/jam/preserves, peanut butter, and cookies. Does anyone have any recipes for cookies or brownies? I know JC used to have a brownie recipe on his web site, but I think it's not there anymore.

I'm waiting for my paycheck to go into my direct deposit so I can order the book from Amazon and I can't wait. Gonna get the carb and sugar counter too. XD

chewy
08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
The Belly Fat Cure book
has a brownie recipie.
It also has pictures and descriptions of different
Preserves and peanut butters... and a lot of other catagories like breads, liquor etc...
The book is pretty helpful, at least it was for me. There are 5 different plans to follow, and tons of recipies. I am going to make the shrimp fajitas and use that as my lunch meal 4 days this week.
I had a Rob Vanilla Shake with benefiber for my B for 0/1

kcx
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
OMG, I just had a bite of the most delicious brownie ever and it was organic from the whole foods bakery made with maltitol. As I said before, it seems it's not as good to have as stevia, so I had *just* a bite, but it was delicious.

Today:
Breakfast 1/1 (1 slice bread, 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon)
Lunch 0/2 (2 servings of roasted potatoes)
Snack 4.5/1 (small salad with cucumber, tomato, celery, ranch)
Dinner 3/2 (1 tortilla with cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp salsa)

Total: 8.5/6

I'd also like to say thanks to chewy for being my buddy today :hug:

chewy
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
OMG, I just had a bite of the most delicious brownie ever and it was organic from the whole foods bakery made with maltitol. As I said before, it seems it's not as good to have as stevia, so I had *just* a bite, but it was delicious.

Today:
Breakfast 1/1 (1 slice bread, 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon)
Lunch 0/2 (2 servings of roasted potatoes)
Snack 4.5/1 (small salad with cucumber, tomato, celery, ranch)
Dinner 3/2 (1 tortilla with cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp salsa)

Total: 8.5/6

I'd also like to say thanks to chewy for being my buddy today :hug:

Hi Buddy!

Glad you enjoyed that brownie from WFM!!

If ya need to AIM me tomorrow and I send you smileys, it just means I am busy at work. But I will try to get back to you...no worries, I work outside and on trains. No Bosses looking over me.

Thanks for the AIM chat!! :D

Tomorrow I am bringing lunch and snacks to work, no like I originally thought.

It's all good!

kcx
08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm at 9/5, and I'm trying to think if I should do that final carb like JC recommends, especially since one of those carbs was only 6g. But's already 8:30 and I'm pretty full.

chewy
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I read in the book he says to eat all 6 but you can got lower than 15 for S. So that is what I am doing hungry or not.

I finished up today with 4/6 and 27g of Fiber. I drank 93 oz of water.

kcx
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I woke up super late today (like 11) because I didn't have any plans or work or school so it kind of threw my meals off. I burned 3 strips of bacon...twice...so I took it as a sign that the universe didn't want me to have breakfast and I went straight to lunch around noon.

So far I have 1g/3 (44)g, 4g fiber, and 30 oz. water.

update:

Just had "lunch" (at 4 pm lol) was 3g/2 (30g), 7g fiber, and 15 oz. water.

Dinner I am thinking will be a smart and simple McWrap (thanks chewy for the suggestion :D), and a small salad. It should be 9/2 (35g), 17.5 fiber, and another AT LEAST 15 oz. water.

I will be going end up at 13/7, but really, my total grams of carbs is only 109, so I think it's ok. I could take out the wrap, but then I would have hardly any fiber...

chewy
08-06-2010, 02:45 AM
I woke up super late today (like 11) because I didn't have any plans or work or school so it kind of threw my meals off. I burned 3 strips of bacon...twice...so I took it as a sign that the universe didn't want me to have breakfast and I went straight to lunch around noon.

So far I have 1g/3 (44)g, 4g fiber, and 30 oz. water.

update:

Just had "lunch" (at 4 pm lol) was 3g/2 (30g), 7g fiber, and 15 oz. water.

Dinner I am thinking will be a smart and simple McWrap (thanks chewy for the suggestion :D), and a small salad. It should be 9/2 (35g), 17.5 fiber, and another AT LEAST 15 oz. water.

I will be going end up at 13/7, but really, my total grams of carbs is only 109, so I think it's ok. I could take out the wrap, but then I would have hardly any fiber...

Gooo for the fiber~!~ I found in the book where it is recommended to eat about 5 G sugar per meal on page 10 3rd paragraph. FWIW

BFC2bthin
08-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Gooo for the fiber~!~ I found in the book where it is recommended to eat about 5 G fiber per meal on page 10 3rd paragraph. FWIW

I just checked this and that paragraph is about sugar not fiber.

Page 22, under Part II, towards the bottom of the paragraph says the ideal goal for you is 25 -30 grams of fiber a day.

chewy
08-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I just checked this and that paragraph is about sugar not fiber.

Page 22, under Part II, towards the bottom of the paragraph says the ideal goal for you is 25 -30 grams of fiber a day.

I fixed my post. Thank you. I had fiber on the brain. Multitasking can mess me up!

kcx
08-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Today has been a looong day. I met up with some friends in the city (Chicago) and did a lot of walking. I had my breakfast beforehand and then packed a lunch cause we did a little picnic. Unfortunately, getting home took longer than I thought and I didn't have a snack with me so I got pretty hungry. I made a big salad though so it should fill me up.

I'll end the day at 14/6.

Going to take a nap now! :faint:

alwaysinging
08-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I soooo need a buddy(ies) and don't IM, but would be willing to email as I check it MUCH more often and these forums are very slow as someone else has already stated. Let me know. I am brand new to the program, just bought the book and the sugar/carb counter book yesterday. :)

chewy
08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I soooo need a buddy(ies) and don't IM, but would be willing to email as I check it MUCH more often and these forums are very slow as someone else has already stated. Let me know. I am brand new to the program, just bought the book and the sugar/carb counter book yesterday. :)

PM me if you need a buddy!!:carrot:

Jrzygrl10
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi -

I'm new to the board and started belly cure 4 days ago. I have one buddy offline, but could use another who is well underway.

deetermined2
09-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi, Jrzygrl10,

I am fairly new to the BFC, having started it 3 weeks ago, but am willing to share what little I know.

Jrzygrl10
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi, Jrzygrl10,

I am fairly new to the BFC, having started it 3 weeks ago, but am willing to share what little I know.
Hi: I'm just starting week 2 but only lost 1lb for the first week. Initially I lost 3lbs right away and then 2 came back on. I've been following the Women Over 40 eating plan with some options on some days. I've stuck with the S/C counts we were given so I'm little down as to why I only dropped 1lb. I'm holding at that 1lb loss for 3 days now. How are you doing? Any suggestions? I know I'm not getting in enough fiber and will get some Metamucil today. Maybe that will help.

Zinger
09-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Everyone, I have the book, and I've read it through. Today is Day 1. I am going to follow the plan and see how this goes.

I used to use ICQ, so I think I might take a look and see if I can install it again. I'm off to make my eggs, and pack my lunch for today.

deetermined2
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi, all,

I lost 2 pounds the first week on the Women Over 40 plan and have lost another pound since then. I too am trying to increase my fiber and went out to buy Benefiber yesterday. I know some of the BFCers use that in their coffee each morning.

I was pleasantly surprised that even though it is wheat dextrin, it is gluten-free.

Have to see how much impact using that has on my weight loss.

I think I may not have had the quick loss that some of the others experienced since my diet was already fairly low sugar to begin with and I had cut out artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup ages ago.

I initially hoped that the weight would come off quicker, but I am pleased with any downward movement of the scale needle. My mind set is that I gained weight over a long period of time, and it may take time for it to come off. Quick weight loss would be wonderful, but as long as the needle continues to creep down, I will be happy.

chewy
09-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Still on plan, but I decided to pass on eating grains and beans! The BFC Fast Track is the next book out...google books has the scoop.

I will most likely go back and forth between the 2 plans.

For now, this is day 3 with no grains!

I made cauliflower crust pizzas and am eating those for lunches and dinners loaded with veggies.
I* drink a soy free wheat free gluten free shake for breakfast. For snacks, lots of raw sunflower seeds, raw nuts, still eating motz sticks too.

I have lost more inches as well! Very pleased with the BFC!

deetermined2
09-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi, chewy,

I had heard that Fast Track eliminated grains but had not realized that beans were eliminated too. Thanks for the update.

Congrats on your progress!

BlogDiva
09-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Hello Everyone!
I just started BFC. Tomorrow I would have have completed 3 full days. After 2 days, I lost 1lb. So, I will see what the scale says tomorrow.

stilldew
09-25-2010, 09:50 AM
5.8 pounds off for me the first week. I am enjoying the carbs, but do also limit my calories to 1200 a day. Being fairly short and 61 years old, that is a reasonable amount for me. It will be interesting to see if I can keep losing after the first few weeks.

deetermined2
09-30-2010, 02:15 PM
5.8 pounds off for me the first week. I am enjoying the carbs, but do also limit my calories to 1200 a day. Being fairly short and 61 years old, that is a reasonable amount for me. It will be interesting to see if I can keep losing after the first few weeks.
Hi, stilldew,

That's wonderful! I would be jumping up and down if I had lost that much that quickly.

stilldew
10-08-2010, 03:17 AM
9 pounds in 3 weeks now.

deetermined2
10-10-2010, 12:42 AM
9 pounds in 3 weeks now.

That's great!

deetermined2
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I am VERY disappointed to hear that the new BFC book which was due out in December has been delayed until April. I had ordered it back in August and got the e-mail yesterday. Wonder why it's taking so long? Have answers to Jorge's posts made him make changes?

Me Too
12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm going to start BFC after Christmas, and beat the New Years rush diet people. I think this plan is really a no brainer, avoid white, pretty simple and straight forward. i feel very comfortable with the whole concept of elimating sugar and eating better carbs. I just purchased the S/C counter book so I can plan meals better.

I too would like a BFC buddy.

I have a Verizon Blackberry and have unlimited texting
so if anybody would like to text daily menus or encouragements please send me a private message.

kittycarlson
12-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Me too, join us on the new BFC December 2010 thread. I will need a buddy too.

glenlea
12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi, i have started the BFC diet about 3 days ago. I am really struggling with the sugar side of this. The carb side i think will be alot easier after reading your comments about restricting carbs after 2 or 3pm.
I am though really having a hard time with drinks. I usually have 2 sugars in my coffee which i have about 4 cups of a day. My problem is i have purchased the Purvia and i really dont like it. I have tried Stevia tablets in the past and i can taste the difference between sugar and the Stevia. I have gone back to sugar but am only having 1 tsp in my coffee and trying to cut this back with having a glass of water inbetween. I dont like water (even with lemon or lime slices in it). HELP. What do i do to fix this? I really want to stick to my Sugar levels but cant seem to make it.
Thanks for the advise.

glenlea
01-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi again, I went shopping today and got some Soda Water. It wasn't bad. I last drank it years ago and hated it but i liked it. So today already i have managed 2 coffees without any sugar or sweeteners and 2 waters. I did have a hot toddy at dads but i am still below my 15 in the sugars. I feel like it has all come together now. Yay. The other item i picked up was a product called mountain bread. It only measures as 1 carb. YES!! So i had a wrap for brunch, a sandwich at afternoon tea (at dads) and i can have a small pasta for dinner all in my 15/6. I am very pleased about this.

I hope you all are having a great new year and can see light at the end of the tunnel like i found today.
Cheers

reinventedflo
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi, I am starting the BFC today and am looking forward to getting to know fellow BFCers.. I need to lose a lot of weight so I am focusing on 20 lbs at a time. How do you get the tickers...that looks cool?

deetermined2
01-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi, all!

Yes, there are other BFCers. We are still posting in the Belly Fat Cure December 2010 thread, even though it is now January 2011. (No one has tried to start a 2011 thread yet.)

You may want to check there for a more active thread.

tostosbe
01-19-2011, 04:32 AM
The Lower Belly Fat Cure eating plan consists of protein, fats, and vegetables with small amounts of sugar and complex carbs. Processed foods with sweeteners (even artificial sweeteners) are out. Wine, beer, champagne, and dark chocolate are OK -- but not cocktails or candy bars.

Read More :-how-to-lose-lower-belly-fat.yourhealthorbit.com

destinyscribe
02-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Do I have to use the menu that Jorge outlines or just stick to 15/6 no artificial sweetners except xylitol, etc.

rfig
03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi, I to just started the belly fat cure BFC on Monday and can't wait to weigh in next week to see how I've done. I don't feel deprived nor do I feel hungry, the true test will be over the weekend.

deetermined2
03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi, rfig,

There are more BFCers posting under Belly Fat Cure December 2010 - still. Join us there for a more active thread.