South Beach Diet - The On Plan thread July 31-Aug 7

View Full Version : The On Plan thread July 31-Aug 7

rdw1
07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Hope yall don't mind me starting this one- Its a bit over a week but wanted to be sure to include the weekends for those of us who need it(ME!.lol) I need as much accountability as I can get!

P2
B: Smoothie:Banana, 1T pb, 2t cocoa powder, 1c rice dream, ice
S: zucchini soup(I have to post that recip for yall!)
L: taco salad sans tacow/black beans olives and avocado
S: baby carrots, tomatoes
D: zucchini "noodles", marinara large salad
S: Sm Smoothie: mango, strawberry 1/2c rice dream, ice

Lexxiss
07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks, Rikki! Great to see you! I like to add the ol' disclaimer so beachers know they can "chat" about OP subjects-not just post menus!

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

Fat Melanie
07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Well I made my whole wheat cake last night. It was rather dry and the splenda icing was on the bitter side but it wasn't too bad. The original recipe had called for buttermilk and i didn't have any, nor did I have any milk (you can use lemon juice or vinegar to make a quick substitute). So I used an equal amount of FF cottage cheese plus vinegar. I don't know if that worked or not. But I'll be posting a thread soon about receiving help to fix this recipe. I much prefer my greek yogurt and grapes because my tastes are changing, but I figured that learning to bake goodies in whole wheat healthy ways would be good for me to do, so that when a craving for such stuff does strike every once in awhile, I'll be ready for it.

B- Turkey and RF provolone with lettuce rolled up on whole wheat wrap and Kraft's garlic herb mayo (IT WAS SO DELICIOUS! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT MAYO!)

L- 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 eggs scrambled, cooked in olive oil. Topped with a tablespoon of FF cheddar.

S- Grapes, small piece of whole-wheat cake.

D- Not sure yet!!! Will incorporate a lot of vegetables though, this is for sure.

I can't wait to make my homemade whole wheat pizza, I may do that tomorrow.

murphmitch
07-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Phase III (maintenance)

B: Oatmeal, almond butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, V8
L: Amy's Low Fat Black Bean Chili, RF cheese Greek yogurt, veggies
D: Leftover Chicken Parmesan with bell peppers & zucchini
S: Almond butter, dark chocolate

Fat Melanie
07-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Ahh I'm making the baked brown rice from the recipe forum, and a recipe I found online for Thai Curry chicken (I love thai curries!) Will post recipe.

Jlyne327
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I photographed a wedding today so I was on the go.

b - egg whites with sliced turkey and feta; half a pepper
l- two small pieces of grilled chicken and salad with a oil based dressing
s- cashews
d (wasn't that hungry) a serving of turkey pepperoni (SO yummy)

I was so excited because I didn't get tired today. I drove 1 1/2 hours one way and shot at the wedding for 6 hours. Before south beach and the exercising I've been doing, I would have been wicked tired. I wasn't though. And I even got caught in major traffic. I'm alive still! I LOVE that I have energy!!!

hope for recovery
08-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi, I find that sharing what I have eaten helps me be honest with myself and others, as my binging had a lot of shame and hiding food so here I am for the weekend:

Saturday
B - eggs, cheese, yogurt
S - A pear
L - Chinese restaurant - veg and meat of different kinds
D - tuna salad
snack at 10 as I went clubbing - frankfurter and cheese
snack after clubbing - a slice of cheese with tea

I was so proud of myself, there was none of the big fat burgers or cheesy chips with mayo. Just tea and cheese!

Today:

Breakfast - baked chickpeas with cheese and herbs with marinated artichoke hearts and fresh spinach and walnuts and yogurt. That was at 12pm haha. Haven't planed the rest but I am going somewhere tonight where they have naughty food and I shall eat a lot of something solid before I go out.

Have a lovely day!

sophie
08-01-2010, 10:08 AM
b - one multigrain waffle with agave nectar and blueberries
l - veggie soup
s - 3 small lamb chops with roasted veggies and salad
s - lf laughing cow.

rdw1
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Today is painting day so something I can more easily prepare the better!
B: leftover cold zucchini"noodles"
S: smoothie w/1/2 banana, spinach, blueberries,
L: spicy southwestern baked eggrolls using brown rice tortilla(skinny girl modified recipe)
S: 1/2 apple with pb
D: (Lazy) frozen vegetables stirfried with tofu, seasoned with Penzey's bangkok seasoning, ginger, toasted sesame oil, and sriracha.

Painted all day long, and for some reason my feet are what is the most sore on me right now! LOL

EmmaD
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
This may be the opposite of "planning". More like assessing how I did. We had company, so it was harder than usual to stay on plan but I tried to always choose SB-friendly things.

Phase 2

Saturday
walk, yoga, walk
B (late) veggie sandwich on whole wheat, fresh blackberries with sugar free pudding
L - salmon and veggies with whole wheat orzo
S - Sliced red pepper and carrots with roasted red pepper hummus
D- Caprese salad with tomatoes from the garden, small green salad, stuffed bell pepper with white rice (boo! I didn't make this part of the dinner - but it was only around 1/8 cup cooked) and carrots/onion/tomato inside, topped with a little lowfat bechamel sauce (I made that so I know it was OK)
extra - glass of red wine

Sunday
B - coffee with lowfat milk, 1.5 slices 100% whole wheat french toast with agave syrup and blackberries
S - half sandwich of roasted red pepper hummus and sliced tomatoes on 100% whole wheat bread
L - shrimp & snapper ceviche with sliced avocado and a side order of pinto beans
D - broccoli, sweet potato & tofu stir fry and a big green salad.
dessert - Greek yogurt
exercise - something, haven't figured out yet...

CyndiM
08-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Phase 2 (lunch out)
B: smoothie - hemp milk, choc. whey powder, zucchini, chia
L: hummus avocado and veggie sandwich on whole grain bread
S: chia fresca, cucumber slices
D: sauteed summer veggies with fake chic cutlets

exercise: 60m walk

femmecreole
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Emma, that shrimp and snapper ceviche sounds wonderful. Ceviche is one of my all time favorites. My Dad could make a mean one. One time when we were in the Bahamas, he made a conch one...OMG!!! Bring on the limes.

1. Smoothie: Chard, spinach, green powder, hemp powder, frozen cherries and blueberries, soy milk, dates for sweetener, a piece of ginger and ice.
2) Going to do something with salmon and a bag of broccoli slaw. Have to go to the grocery for more veggies (note to self, don't forget onions!!!!)
3) No idea for evening..depends on what I find at the veggie stand later!
4) sipping chia fresca

rdw1
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Cyndi- your lunch out sounds fabulous!

B: smoothie: banana, 1/2c blueberries, handful spinach, TJ's whole grain drink, ice
S: fresh picked apple with pb(small and tart- not sure it was ready to be picked but it was good!)
L: leftover tofu and veggies
S: grapes, 72%dark chocolate with almonds(Godiva!)
D: some type of vegetable casserole I think(ended up making kale, mushroom, and garlic sautee with large strawberry salad YUM! also had an amy's bistro burger which is not completely sbd compliant.)

Probably a little much on the fruit today :/ will skip my dessert smoothie

EmmaD
08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Cat - the ceviche was delicious! And the best part is that it was a huge serving so I took half of it home and will have it today for lunch.

I was proud of myself yesterday for being at a Mexican restaurant and making a healthy choice with that ceviche and beans ... but the rest of the day fell apart. I didn't have my planned dinner (we had leftovers from our guests, so I went into grazing mode, thinking that food had to be eaten). Ick.

Phase 2

Pre-workout: decaf green/white tea
Walk to yoga class, walk home
B - flaxmeal muffin with wild blueberries
L - leftover ceviche with a big mixed green salad. Pinto beans.
S - freshly picked apples (they are tiny) with natural peanut butter
D - (last night's plan) broccoli, sweet potato and tofu stirfry with buckwheat soba noodles, big tomato salad
dessert - nonfat greek yogurt

1292 cal, 31 g fiber, 39% carbs 32% fat 29% protein

Fat Melanie
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I was doing spring cleaning for the bedroom and whatnot, so I never got a chance to post yesterday, so here goes:

B- Turkey and RF provolone on ww wrap with lettuce and chipotle mayo.

L- Giant salad with lettuce, 2 slices chopped turkey, sprinkle FF cheddar, small chopped apple, and green goddess dressing.

D- Leftover Thai Red Curry Chicken (onions and green peppers), over brown rice.

D- Whole wheat SF chocolate cake with SF natural PB

See to new post for today's menu:

LindsaysMommy
08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
What is RICE DREAM? :df:Hope yall don't mind me starting this one- Its a bit over a week but wanted to be sure to include the weekends for those of us who need it(ME!.lol) I need as much accountability as I can get!

P2
B: Smoothie:Banana, 1T pb, 2t cocoa powder, 1c rice dream, ice
S: zucchini soup(I have to post that recip for yall!)
L: taco salad sans tacow/black beans olives and avocado
S: baby carrots, tomatoes
D: zucchini "noodles", marinara large salad
S: Sm Smoothie: mango, strawberry 1/2c rice dream, ice

rdw1
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Its a milk substitute
http://www.tastethedream.com/

However, my new favorite dairy replacement for smoothies is now Trader Joes Organic whole grain drink... much fewer calories and more "whole"...

hope for recovery
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi chicks, i hope your dieting is going good, i just need to share that last night i ate 2 biscuits and some chocolate thingy... i just wanted to share it with you because that is reality, i don't wanna hide any more.

Today:
B - a glass of milk and some peanuts
L - fish and veg
S - 2 plums
D - don't know yet, friends cooking, i am trying to be relaxed about what i eat without too much planning as i am learning to let go and let God!

femmecreole
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
update on above post...after grocery shopping, made something killer for "dinner". So good I thought I'd share:

roasted a red pepper on the burner, shocked it in ice water and peeled and chopped it in big chunks.
chopped up some onions. Put the onions and a bag of broccoli slaw in the skillet and let that cook in some evoo and creole seasoning. Added a couple of cloves of garlic. When that was cooked down, added the roasted red pepper, then at the last minute some shrimp and then some shirtake noodles. Then a little peanut sauce and roasted almonds...yep, it was killer.

Fat Melanie
08-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Hope for recovery, it's great that you are honest with us because you're keeping yourself accountable for minor slip ups. Today's a new day and you'll keep going strong. :-)

Femmecreole yum that sounds super delicious. I love peanut sauces!
This is what I had for breakfast:

B- 2 slices turkey bacon, 3 eggs scrambled, olive oil- About 355 calories

Then after reading responses on my thread I changed up my lunch plans. Instead I had this:

L- 3oz leftover curry chicken (sans sauce, other than what the chicken had soaked up) with the peppers and onions.

Then I had about 3 cups or so of leafy fresh raw greens dressed simply with vinegar, garlic, and pepper, no oil.

All for approximately 160-180 calories.

S- 2 big stalks celery with hummus - approximately 56 calories (wow, my brand of hummus is only 40 cals a serving? Awesome.)

Dinner: Black eyed peas (measured out)
Spinach sauteed with garlic and onion in nonstick pan, no oil
Big leafy green salad with ranch (that will be my dinner fat)

280 cals

Gotta eat an apple and some PB or something later. I've only had about 871 calories.

If I'm hungry after, I may eat an apple. I don't know if I will have PB or not. Depends on how many cals I consumed during dinner.

I am all out of dairy, completely. No FF milk, no FF powdered milk, no FF cottage cheese, no FF greek yogurt. I'm sooo ready to grocery shop again! :-)

rdw1
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Cat sounds delish! I haven't had shirataki noodles in forever!

CyndiM
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Made a super yummy dinner tonight. I sauteed some eggplant, a handful of yellow beans, some Italian peppers, garlic, onion, green & yellow squash together. When they were almost done I added garbanzo beans, basil, & chopped tomatoes and heated. We served it all over veggie chicken cutlets. Food tastes so good this time of year :)

rdw1
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Cyndi that sounds so good! I miss my veggie cutlets :(

I made a really yummy dinner tonight too- so simple yet it really hit the spot. I ended up cooking mushrooms, garlic, and kale in some EVOO I think its like you said Cyndi- food just tastes better this time of year :) I also made a huge salad with arugula, spinach, cukes, mushrooms, strawberries, and walnuts. Tossed with Drew's natural Raspberry dressing YUM. Also had an Amy's Bistro Burger(Not completely sbd compliant, fyi)

hope for recovery
08-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks Mel!

A bit more accountability on last night, I was at friends there was a 3 course meal, so i did have a slice of white baguette in garlic, then pork and a 2 spoons of couscous with salad, no desert. I had a mixture of feelings about eating the bread but then i changed it to positive emotions because i did not overeat on the food and i did not have a desert. None of the fat cheesecakes and all. I did not drink alcohol either. So analysing yesterday actually it was a good day. I haven't weighted myself because I am scared that it might have gone up. I don't know. But I will weight myself at some point soon and I will update you.

Today, I realised I have bought too much food, i still buy too much and I think it is because it is comfort, I think I will run away of ingredients and I stock up. That's not right so I am going to be a bit more relaxed about what I buy and i am going to start freezing my meat as well.

I don't know what i am eating today but all my meals are in my hands so it should be ok. Wishing you all a great day!

zeffryn
08-03-2010, 09:30 AM
bad weekend. father was in town and made a bunch of bad choices. today is a new day and trying to not let it throw me off too much. Unfortunately, weigh in is tomorrow and I likely won't have rid myself of all of this bad food bloat by then.

--

b: veggie smoothie (kale, greens powder, ginger, blueberries, lemon, whey, almond milk)
l: vegetable soup
s: apple w/ almond butter
d: caramelized onion and spinach frittata

sophie
08-03-2010, 09:37 AM
b - oatmeal with ground flax, blueberries and almond milk
l - veggie soup
s - 1/3 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon
s - lighhearted caesar salad
s - turkey roll

CyndiM
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
A bit challenging today with work from 9 - 9, ending with a meeting.

Phase 2
B: "pudding" - homemade pumpkin butter, Greek yogurt, chia seeds & a little maple agave (let it set for about 1/2 hour)
S: nectarine
L: spiral zucchini salad with beans
S: chia fresca
D: I'll be out so might be that sandwich I didn't get yesterday

exercise - walk at lunch

Fat Melanie
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Is there a recipe to the homemade pumpkin butter? I start craving pumpkin around September. The pudding sounds delicious.

I'm going to alternate with grains for awhile, that is use them sparingly. It's clear they don't agree with my body too well, and I want to test and see what my limits are. I'm going to have one grain daily, and some days, such as yesterday, I won't have any at all. I'm going to try to eat more beans. I have plenty of bags of beans and cans but I haven't been eating them as much because beans aren't so palatable to me, but I discovered putting garlic on them makes them taste lovely!

B- 1/2 cup beans over cooked spinach, seasoned only with garlic and a bit of salt

L- Egg salad (eggs chopped and mixed up with a mustard-mayo combo, seasoned lightly with garlic and pepper) with lots of chopped celery and onion. (I love lots of crunchy veggies in my salads.) on a whole wheat SF 90 calorie wrap.

I think I'll also have some canned & rinsed mustard greens dressed with vinegar. It'll round that lunch out nicely.

D- don't know yet but it will consist of no grains.

Snacks- apple with tablespoon PB
Canned veggies

Yes I'm running quite low on things, don't have it in the budget to shop until tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. :-D I've been wanting some butternut squash and some more of that delicious spaghetti squash. I'm craving a spaghetti bake and that spaghetti squash stuff really hits the spot.

CyndiM
08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Phase 1.5
B: smoothie with hemp milk, hemp powder with acai, chia gel, baby zucchini and the last of the canned peaches
L: probably work meeting. I'm hoping for a big salad
S: chia fresca, plums
D: Karen's zucchini pancakes topped with salsa & Greek yogurt, sauteed patty pan squash

exercise: exercise bike or Wii Step aerobics with the fan on (hope this is the last hot day!)

rdw1
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
B: green smoothie with 1 banana, 1c TJ’s whole grain drink, 2 handfuls kale, handful blueberries, ice
S: zucchini soup
L: sesame cucumber salad, broccoli and tofu stirfry on a bed of cabbage
D: mexican night I’ll have my black beans on a bed of lettuce with all the fixins!

Now I am off to look for those zucchini pancakes

EDITED: so I didn't really follow my plan at all...
B: same(drank it while I wrote this.)
S: zucchini soup, grapes
L:tofu Mock chicken salad: fantastic!
S: apple with pb
D: kale, edamame, and cucumber sesame salad

Its just too darned hot to cook today, our low tonight is supposed to be 82. Geez. Thats ok, because I made some pretty great new recipes today!

Fat Melanie
08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
B- great northern beans on top of canned (rinsed) collards

L- leftover egg salad and leftover collards

S- apple

D- don't know yet but hoping to get to the grocery store today :-)

femmecreole
08-04-2010, 07:40 PM
1. Green smoothie: chard, spinach,hemp powder, green powder, splash of yacon syrup, frozen acai,blueberries,peaches and ginger
2.Left over shrimp/veggie/noodle stir fry from the other night.
3. Tired and didn't feel like cooking so just made sammiches with ezekial bread,spread with sun dried tomato laughing cow, avocado, sprouts and tomato out of the garden. yum.
4. Might have some melon during big brother!

rdw1
08-05-2010, 10:09 AM
B: smoothie with rice dream, 1/2 banana, blueberries, and spinach, rice protein powder
S: cantaloupe
L: Strawberry salad
S: zucchini soup
D: Possibly going to cha cha... I don’t know yet-depends on where I am at with the house... If not, mexican night here

KicknKnit
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Time to get back on Plan!

(I'm in Phase 2)

I had a rough couple of weeks and fell off the wagon, but I'm back on!

I have my "Just can it: black bean soup" (recipe (http://www.kicknknit.com/recipes/black-bean-soup/)) for lunch and I had a nice healthy egg white scramble for breakfast (with spinach, onions, and peppers)

Snacks are cashew butter and a banana
0% Chobani plain yogurt with stevia and vanilla. - stir ins: Kashi nuggets and my homemade cherry jam (made with an itsy bitsy bit of honey and Pomona's Universal Pectin-its basically "set fruit")

Dinner will probably be big salads with the veg from the farm share, chick peas and chicken with Yikes seasoning.. nom nom nom...

zeffryn
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Cat - where do you find your acai? are you using just juice or whole berries?

--
1: greek yogurt with blueberries
2: sauteed kale (1 tsp. olive oil) with garlic and 1/2 cup white beans
3: 1/2 apple, almonds
workout
4: green smoothie (kale, spinach, 1/2 beet, blueberries, agave, almond milk, whey, greens powder)

workout: at least 60 minutes run/walk

rdw1
08-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Zeff- Is that all you are eating today?! Sure doesn't look like much...

I just got my rice protein powder and they have made my smoothies much less enjoyable... I do feel like I am lacking in the protein department so I will drink it, its not terrible, just not that great either... Do any of you have any suggestions on a different kind or brand? I can't have whey protein and I would prefer to just stick with rice and thought maybe someone had some better luck. I bought this one because its pretty plain. and has very few ingredients... Jarrow Brown Rice Protein is the one that I bought...

Fat Melanie
08-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I just had some more beans and greens for dinner last night, 'cause I still haven't got to the grocery store! Did pick up a couple of quick things though. I might have to wait for the weekend for major grocery shopping.

B- salad. Lots of chopped lettuce & veggies topped with 1/4 cup chopped ham, 1/4 cup chopped hardboiled egg, and ranch.

L- Northern Beans on top of mustard greens with teaspoon smart balance and garlic

S- herbal tea with 1 tablespoon of flax, and serving of FF cottage cheese with another tablespoon of flax. (makes for the 2 tablespoon serving listed on the package.)

D- I'm thinking taco salad with lean ground turkey breast. I have some lean ground turkey breast frozen and some taco seasoning. I can have that and FF refried beans on top of a huge salad.

Will use food scale to weigh out exactly 3oz of the ground turkey after it's cooked, and will use only a tablespoon or two of cheese, and plenty of salsa. 1/2 cup FF refried beans. One serving RF sour cream. All of this on top of several cups of veggies.

rdw1
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Melanie- be careful of the ranch salad dressing and the taco seasoning... they are likely filled with things not sbd approved. Checking the labels is key :)

I used to buy taco mix and now I just season to taste mostly following this recipe(I looked for the link and couldn't find it but I pretty much do this:
1tbs chili powder
1Tbs Cumin
1Tbs Onion powder
1tsp paprika
little ground red pepper
1tsp garlic powder
shake or two of salt

Fat Melanie
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I get buttermilk ranch dressing that is OP, 3g of sugar or less, and made with healthy oil. Some of the dressings in stores are unbelievably gross, tons of sugars and HCFS and artificial stuff. Yuck. I like that recipe for the taco mix. I'll have to make up a batch. I have some taco seasoning that is low sugar and whatnot (I think it's a store brand) but I'd much rather make that recipe. I can put it in a old garlic container. Thanks! :)

I've put all those ingredients on my shopping list. That sounds like a good rub for meats too, and a way to jazz up veggies.

CyndiM
08-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Rikki- I prefer hemp powder for smoothies. I did try a brown rice powder that seemed good (had a sample packet). I'll check the brand when I'm at the co-op tomorrow. What didn't you like about the brand you bought?

zeffryn
08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
rikki - i'm not feeling well at all today. :( my tummy has been very upset for the past few days. it has been a chore to eat at all. I guess if it continues for much longer, I'll have to make an appointment to figure it out. Seems like any kind of meat lately has been giving me horrible...um...well, you get the picture. I had more beans at lunch, probably more like a cup and then 2-3 cups of kale. 1 cup of yogurt this morning with 1/2 cup blueberries.

Fat Melanie
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Yum the recipe for the taco seasoning was sooo good! I also added some beans to the ground turkey mixture, and a can of diced tomatoes, for some more veggies and fiber. Yum!

Making some roasted chickpeas now! :-)

femmecreole
08-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Smoothie: Green powder, spinach, chard, a little tofu,chia seeds,coconut oil, almond mylk, vanilla powder (vanilla bean ground with buckwheat groats),acai berry, strawberries, dates and ice.

Went out for lunch and had seared tuna on grilled veggies

Sandwich: ezekial bread, sprouts,olive salad with laughing cow spread on the bread (and wished I would have had another avocado cause that's the best part!)

A handful of Gogi,Mulberries and Goldenberries (navitas trail power)

zeffryn
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
I need to go get some ezekiel bread today. store was out last time i went shopping.

--
1: scrambled egg whites, spinach, feta
2: sauteed kale (2-3 cups) with garlic and 1 cup white beans
3: bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh broccoli with hummus
4: greek yogurt with agave, cinnamon and shredded apple

CyndiM
08-06-2010, 09:26 AM
It's been one of those challenging weeks. I've had one meal put every day this week with meetings and events. I'm so glad I live in a community that values fresh, local food where I have good choices.

Phase 2
B: smoothie - hemp milk, sf choc whey powder, chia seeds, zucchini, acai mangosteen juice (1 T)
L: tomato cucumber salad with salmon packet
S: apple
S: cantaloupe fresh from the field !
D: out, probably a hummus veggie wrap on ww
there's a good chance I'll have a glass of wine on the porch to celebrate the end of the week

exercise- 60m walk

hope for recovery
08-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I have been pretty naughty for the past two days but the truth must be revealed:

Yesterday:

B - some cake from beans and eggs with a pear
L - half of a cake slice
S - Chicken Curry with yogurt
S - 2 digestives with toffee cream and peanut butter
D - Chicken curry with yogurt
S - walnuts and peanuts and yogurt

Today:

B (6.30am) - weird cake with yogurt and a pear
B2 - ongoing eating of cherries while driving around places at am time
L - Chicken curry (can't be bothered to make something else) with yogurt, cheese and chai tea

Thats mu naughtiness for the past two days, I completely swayed off plan, looking at my emotions because that is what leads to harmful eating. I am scared of the scale but I am arranging to have weight checked next week as I don't have a scale.

rdw1
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Cyndi- It just tastes...um, funky...lol maybe I should have gotten the vanilla kind... and its a bit gritty like it doesn't dissolve, which maybe it shouldn't. idk.

Zeff- Hope you are feeling better :) just checking on ya!

So my plan for today is:
B:Smoothie- 1/2 banana, 5 trawberries, 1c almond milk, 1T rice protien powder
S:raspberries
L: sauteed pea shoots with garlic, cucumber and edamame sesame salad
S: hummus and carrots
D: Mexican night- for real this time! lol

Fat Melanie
08-06-2010, 01:02 PM
B- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (had an appointment with son's occupational therapist so grabbed the most quickest available thing)

S- apple with 1 tablespoon PB
can of rinsed greens with vinegar and teaspoon EVOO

L- Lots of shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, with 3oz turkey-taco mixture (ground turkey, seasonings, beans, and diced tomatoes) and 1/2 cup salsa. Topped with 1 tablespoon cheese & RF sour cream.

D- don't know yet!

I have picked up a few things from the store here and there but still haven't been able to go out and do my big grocery shopping! I have a list made up (of SBD approved things of course) and DEFINITELY am hitting up Walmart grocery today! I'm feeling like trying some of that famous crack slaw today!

Edit: Dinner was a grilled chicken breast over a salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red cabbage, carrots, with ranch.

Had a yummy cup of FF organic greek yogurt afterwards, mixed it with a little splenda and some cocoa powder. Heaven.

I picked up some soy flour so I'm going to learn how to make things with that next! :)

femmecreole
08-06-2010, 06:13 PM
1. Smoothie:spinach, green powder, hemp protein, chia gel,coconut oil, ginger,frozen cherries,blueberries, banana, almond milk, ice

2. Finally made the "fried rice" and it was great (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBmq8k2o-0). I also grilled some turkey cutlets. We ended up cutting up the cutlets and mixing it with the "rice". I think next time when I process the cauliflower, I'll through in about 1/2 stalk of green onion. My husband loved it. Would also be wonderful with grilled shrimp.

3.A seeded spelt flatbread with laughing cow and quacamole

4. Some kind of fruit later on.

CyndiM
08-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Phase 1.5, doing a strict no grain week
B: smoothie with hemp powder, chia, cantaloupe, zucchini, & acai mangosteen supplement
L: refried beans, veggie, & salsa
D: zucchini spirals, veggie sausage & fresh sauce with veggies
wine

exercise: getting that bike out!

Rikki - do you have a health food store or Co-op that might have samples? Mine gave me a pile of samples to try. Hemp Pro is the best dissolving hemp I've found. I tried a single packet of the brown rice and liked that too (forgot to check the brand yesterday). Most of the hemp brands are a little gritty but I've gotten used to that. Have you tried silken tofu instead of protein powder?

rdw1
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
B: smoothie- banana, mango, blueberry, 1c almond milk
L: salad with beans, sauteed pea shoots
S:
D: Amy's Bistro burger, broccoli with nutritional yeast sauce, maybe a salad

I have a friend in from out of town that I haven't seen in a couple years and we're meeting up tonight for drinks... I will be at my best! 2 glasses of wine and thats all!!!

Cyndi- I am not sure if we have one around here, I would imagine so but I will have to look around online and see... I saw a few sample packs at whole foods but they werent of any kind I would like to try... Do you prefer the hemp because of the flavor? I am probably just being a regular picky eater ;0) As for the tofu- I am trying not to eat a ton of soy so I try to only eat it a couple days a week. But, I am going to alternate days of using nutritional yeast and the protein powder... I never realized how much protein nutritional yeast had in it until I was talking with my mom the other day! And I really like it for sauces and gravies...

Fat Melanie
08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Nutritional yeast is sooo good, my dad's ex girlfriend ran a health food store and used nutritional yeast to top homemade alfredo sauces.

B- 1 3/4 cup garlicked mustard greens, topped with 1 egg cooked in 1 tsp EVOO

S- FF organic greek yogurt mixed with onion powder, Mrs Dash seasonings and garlic, served with celery sticks.

L- big leafy salad with tomatoes, romaine, etc, dressed with vinegar and Mrs. Dash
1 slice turkey and 1 slice swiss wrapped in 1 romaine leaf with teaspoon garlic herb mayo.

D- homemade whole-wheat/soy/flax/extra-virgin-olive-oil Veggie-Sausage pizza (heavy on the veggies, light on the lean mild italian sausage). Making homemade pizza sauce and using skim mozzarella.

Served with leafy salad and greens.

I'm sticking to my one serving of whole grain a day, to see how that goes. And I guess I was just retaining water because I checked the scale and have lost another 3 lbs. Although I'm going to make Sunday my official weigh-in day so I won't count that until tomorrow.

So excited about the pizza, been wanting to make that dough recipe for weeks now, and yesterday got the idea to use some soy flour with it as well because I found some in Walmart.

Thanks to CyndiM for her advice about the soy flour! I did and it's rising beautifully.. I can't wait to bake it!! This is fun.

femmecreole
08-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Since we were going on an outing to the French Quarter today, I beefed up our smoothies just in case we didn't find something suitable to eat at the festival (of course we didn't!)

1) Smoothie: (split with my husband) 3 eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, spinach, carrots, ginger, green powder, hemp powder, guanabana pulp, blueberries and a couple of dates.

2) Found a great restaurant and got a blackened shrimp salad.

3) Hit Whole foods on the way home and got some cut up fruit to eat on the way home.

4) Leftover "fried rice" later on.

Dranks tons of water with chias in 104 temps. We walked 2.5 miles from our parking spot to the convention center and the food network thing was nothing but blah blah talking and filming. Luckily some nice lady gave us a ride the 3 miles to the Satchmo fest. Met some nice tourists from Chicago at the restaurant and gave them some history lessons. Nice people!!

zeffryn
08-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Cat - sounds like a great day! it HAS been hot!

Had a bit too much to drink last night and felt it this morning. ick. having a mostly raw day to cleanse. also have a really, really busy day so not much time for snacking

-

1: green smoothie (honestly, i was in too much of a haze to remember what i put in it. i just dumped stuff in)
2: smoked fish, greens, avocado, tomato
3: a bunch of cut veggies and hummus, greek yogurt
4: a glass or two of wine

Xan
08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Phase 1, Day 1

The first day is always so easy :).

The plan:

B - protein shake (an Atkins one; I'm making a cheese, mushroom and onion breakfast crustless quiche)

S - hummus and various colored peppers

L - chicken Caesar salad

S - yogurt (I've never found something to add to plain yogurt that makes it palatable. This time I'm going to try cinnamon and walnuts. Yogurt, for me, is my Hunger Queller. If I'm hungry and wanting this or that, I tell myself, in my mother's voice, "all right, dear. If you're hungry, you can eat some lovely, plain, low fat yogurt." As she advances with smiles and a spoon, I am suddenly not hungry at all)

D - a salmon burger from Whole Foods, asparagus

Activity: reading SB cookbooks and planning the week.

femmecreole
08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
1. Smoothie: spinach, carrots, green powder, hemp protein, chia, eggs, ginger, guanbana pulp, blueberries, a date for sweetener, coconut milk and ice.

2) egg salad open face on a piece of ezekial with spouts

3) lentils and black rice with roasted asparagus

4) fruit and some almonds for tv watching

murphmitch
08-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Phase III (Maintenance)

B: V8, Cinnamon omelet
L: Deli turkey, RF cheesestick, carrots, hummus
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Leftover salmon with basil and roasted veggies, maybe a sweet potato
S: Almond butter, dark chocolate square

rdw1
08-08-2010, 12:49 PM
B: Cantaloupe smoothie
S: hummus with carrots
L: maybe at the wild cow if I can get DH up and out the door to the farmers market!
S:-
D: salad, wild rice with broccoli, nutritional yeast sauce and quorn(which I have been avoiding because of eggs but I am going to test the waters and see if my body reacts!)

Fat Melanie
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
I've always found in the past that when I start losing, I really start losing! It suddenly all came off at once (which for me, usually slows down after a couple of weeks!) My body's weird like that! It's nice to finally see the rewards for my efforts and I realize that overeating the wheats and sodium just retained water for me. If eating 2-3 serving of wheats a day makes me bloat up, I wonder if I should talk to a doctor about it? Maybe I'm one of those who are sensitive to wheat? Anyway, down another few lbs, making for 11 total... yeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Today's my daily weigh in that I count for the week.

After reading a post Murphmitch made in another thread, I understand why the body retains water when you consume too many carbs so the above makes sense to me now!

B- (Mom came over, was drinking coffee left and right, no food, other than the fat free milk powder I used in my coffee) Bad Melanie! You must eat breakfast!

L- Turkey and Swiss on a whole wheat light wrap with romaine and garlic mayo.
Side salad dressed with vinegar. (I'm only doing one grain today!)

S- celery and natural SF peanut butter. Perhaps also a 1/2 cup greek yogurt to make up for lack of breakfast.

D- Big gigantic salad with romaine, green peppers, tomatoes, onion, can of water-packed tuna, with a homemade sesame oil/vinegar.
Will toss in a serving of beans in there too, I noticed I didn't have any planned in today's menu.

D- FF milk or FF cottage cheese