Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default Eat more often to cure binge eating!

Hey guys I'm no expert but I was a binge eater and I just started this new diet where I eat every 3 hours and I have not binged on anything since I started I am finding it so much easier to control myself now because I'm not starving myself for hours that's usually what would trigger it. And if I get depressed which also would trigger it for me I am finding it pretty easy to just be like I'm still not going to eat because of it because I'm not that hungry anyways. Just thought I'd share maybe it was posted before I'm not sure I'm kind of new but its working for me so far.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #2  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Oh also if I have a craving for like ice cream I'm not a very big ice cream fan but sometimes I will I will have like only 1/3 or 1/2 of an ice cream sandwich and work it into my calories for the day or if I'm craving bad chips really bad I will eat one of those tiny bags and I mean the tiny little lunch bags and still work it in my calories also for the day. That helps also. And I don't really crave bad things that often now that I'm eating so often. I've been doing it for a week and I only had 1/3 of an ice cream sandwich this week as a cheat meal and I haven't craved any other bad things so far.

Oh also if you eat one of those tiny lunch bags of chips make sure you eat it with one of your meals otherwise you will probably go back and get more so fill yourself up with your meal and then have that after or during your meal just to cure your craving for it so like a sandwich with a little bag of chips something like that. But don't do that everyday just when you are craving them bad.

Last edited by going2bskinny; 07-30-2010 at 12:57 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I don't usually post in this forum, but this thread caught my eye. I beat a 35 year binge pattern by eating. Up until 5 years ago I ate up to a pound of candy nearly every single day. If I managed to skip a day, the next candy binge would be even bigger. I finally was able to stop by not trying to diet and beat candy at the same time. Once I decided I was going to have to go cold turkey on the candy, I ate anything else I wanted. So despite now not eating that much candy, I did not lose a single pound.

However 4 years later I was able to start a diet that I'm still on and it's not triggered a single candy binge. So my voice of experience says break the binge habit, THEN diet. Wish I'd figured this out 25 years ago.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote