General chatter - Mean people suck :(

View Full Version : Mean people suck :(

Gsxr1000gal
07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Grrrr...I took my kids to Mcdonalds for lunch yesterday, which I do on Payday only, so I can make it special for them. I was in the drive thru, waiting, when some lady with an SUV moves ahead of me in the 2nd lane from behind me, after we had been waiting longer. I rolled down my window, and gave her a "look", and said loudly to my husband (driver), I hate when people cut. She proceeds to get out of her SUV, her mother in the car with her, and gets in my face and calls me a "fat slut", in front of my 3 kids in the back and her own mother. I roll up my window, get out of the car, while she is still calling me names (she was well in her 50's), as she is walking back to her car, and tell her how rude she is, and wish she wouldnt say things like that in front of my kids. I didn't know what to do. I thought getting made fun of for your weight ended like in middle school. Some people are so mean! My husband, of course is too shy to tell this lady to shut up, and I was almost in tears. Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat. It's not like fat people don't already know they are fat. I mean, really, did she think I just woke up and was like, Oh my gosh, how did that happen? Grrr..the nerve of some people.
Btw, the McD's was for the kids only. I went home and had a Grilled chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bun :)

girlonfire
07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
"Fat slut"? SERIOUSLY? I guess someone didn't leave high school...

And congrats on not eating the Mcdonalds! If I was near a trigger food, I would have binged on it. Props to you!

doingmybest
07-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Wow . . . that woman has some serious issues. You do not deserve to be treated that way. That incident was about her - not you.

Here is what I would like to do to people like her - :frypan:

kaplods
07-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat.

The nice lady only made you feel "a little better," but this one freaky, crazy woman is making you "feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat."?

Why are you giving more power to the crazy lady than the nice one? Why are you giving either of them power over your emotions. Why aren't you in charge?

It is true that some people WILL always hate you for "being too fat," even if you become underweight - someone will think you're still too fat and hate you for it. Not only that, even if you gain 50 lbs, there are also going to be people who hate you for no other reason than "being too thin." No matter what you do, someone will still hate you for some reason or another.

Some people hate women. Some people hate men. Some people hate people of a particular ethnic group (or anyone not of their ethinicity). Some people hate fat people. Some people hate thin people. Some people hate anyone fatter than they are, or thinner than they are, or taller, or shorter, or blonder or younger, or older.... Some people hate EVERYBODY.

There's no way to escape somebody's hatred. It's not your responsibility to be liked by everyone. It's not in your power, either.

Some people are so angry and miserable they try to spread their misery to as many people as they can - don't allow them to pull you into their cesspool. It's beneath you, you're better than that.

Scilla
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Jokes on her old butt! Shes just mad cause you can do something about your weight && theres not dang thing she can. do about her age! Look at it that way. ;)

cataclysmic
07-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Good lord, how pathetic to be the kind of person that does and says those kind of things. Every once in awhile i try to focus on that if someone says something just beyond the pale, and at times it can take some of the sting away, but not all of it. Sorry you had that experience, but again major props to you for continuing to eat something healthy for dinner-thats awesome!

Gsxr1000gal
07-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks you so much for listening to me vent :)
I was more mad at myself when I got home because I was giving her too much of my time. I have children and family that are so much more important to me, and I should be spending it on them. I have a personality that feels like I need everyone to like me, and I really need to work on realizing that I'm the only one that truly has the power over me.

DhaniCauldwell
07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
People can be soooooo catty sometimes. Ignore them. They aren't worth your time.

:queen: Dhani :queen:

Siki
07-29-2010, 09:15 PM
The nice lady only made you feel "a little better," but this one freaky, crazy woman is making you "feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat."?

Some people are so angry and miserable they try to spread their misery to as many people as they can - don't allow them to pull you into their cesspool. It's beneath you, you're better than that.

So true everything you say, thanks for your wise words

SheGos91
07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Really thats so immature. You are not a fat slut you are a beautiful woman and don't let anybody every tear yourself esteem down like that. :)

bunnythesAINT
07-29-2010, 11:14 PM
In all honesty it probably had nothing to do with your weight (hear me out) so much as just being as insulting as she could be. It seems to hit hard with just about any one if you say something mean about their weight, at any weight. I am pretty impressed you were as calm with her as you were! I respect people like that.

luckymommy
07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Also, she may be mentally unstable. I was once insulted by a man and then I realized he was sick. That woman saying something to you like that....she is saying it to all of us chicks here....so just know that we are all in this together and that we are all sending positive thoughts your way! :)

neveragainbabe
07-30-2010, 01:21 AM
omg i am SO sorry you had to go through that :( people are disrespectful because it makes themselves feel better. messed up, i know. PLEASE don't dwell on that b**** and dont listen to her! that's so terrible.

Losing It 2010
07-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I am sorry this happened to you and this woman obvously has some issues going on in her own life and chose you as her punching bag. People will reach for an achilles heal when attacking another person, if it wasn't your weight than it would have been your make-up, or your husband, your kids or even the car you drive. I am glad you did not hit her and I also glad you stood up for yourself

SCraver
07-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I went to dunkin donuts one day... pulled into the parking lot. I saw guy #1 get in his car while guy #2 pulled into the parking lot. Guy #1 gets in his car, starts sipping his coffee, etc. Clearly not in a hurry. So guy #2 starts beeping and swearing at guy #1 to get out of the space so he could have it... I mean #2 was a real A-hole. I felt really bad for guy #1. I mean... he had every right to be in that space and take his time getting ready to leave. And I would like to mention - there were other parking spots.

The point of my story is... that there are a lot of A-holes out there. Chaulk it up to a good story to tell people. "Can you believe what this A-hole at McD's did?"

I am sure we all have stories of A-holes. For me too, it is hard not to feel bad when someone seemingly attacks you personally... but the thing is - she can't attack you personally b/c she doesn't know you. Does she know your sexula history? No. They how can she judge if you are a slut or not? Fat? You've lost 40 lbs! That is a huge accomplishment. So... she can't judge you on that, either.

From the words of a song I heard... "The biggest b!tch is karma, let her do her job."

rachinma
07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
She'll always be a mean person. Fat or thin, you'll always be the better person.

TornadoSiren
07-30-2010, 10:08 AM
You cant help but think that people that mean and vicious can only exist in books and movies...But I have worked in retail, and there is no better place to see the really dark side of people.

I would watch people berate me, their spouses shopping with them, total strangers, etc etc etc..

Even after watching such things over the course of several decades, it still amazes me. WHY would anyone wish to be that unpleasant? I remember watching one woman, and the way she spoke to her husband, and I couldnt help but wonder why in the world they ever got together. My grandmother was such a woman, honestly. A bitter, mean, vicious old bat. I know, its a terrible thing to say about my grandmother, but lord..it was true. As I watched my grandmother sometimes, I was just shocked. I always told myself then, and even do now, that there must be SOMETHING she simply didnt show to the rest of the world, because my grandfather was one of the kindest sweetest men who ever walked the face of the earth. He never had an unkind word to say to anyone, and as my father put it, "grandpa wouldnt say **** if he had a mouthful." So he must have seen something..there must be a hidden part she was afraid to show everyone else, because he adored her all the way to his death 3 weeks after their 50th wedding anniversary. I try to assume those kind of people just had a really bad day, or something like that. Sometimes it works..sometimes not.

TJFitnessDiva
07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm a big believer of Karma....what ever negativity she puts out there will be returned to her.

Mickeypnd
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
MUst agree with romancediva, I too believe karma will come back and bite that lady in the butt!

and I would've punched her. seriously. I have no patience for people like that.

QuilterInVA
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Would she have done this if you didn't roll down the window and give her the "look?" In this day and age of people whipping out guns and shooting others, its best to be nonconfrontational. So it would have taken a few more minutes (which it did anyway) but you would probably have avoided that scene completely.

iwonder
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
That lady sounds miserable and crazy don't let her unhappiness contaminate you!

JoJoJo2
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you, but I do believe the lady has a mental problem of some sort.

Please do not let this have any effect on your weight-loss journey. The world is full of people who say mean things, and we must just let the mean things go in one ear and out the other.

Nada
07-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Trust me, that woman has issues that have nothing to do with you. I'm sorry you had to be the one to be there that day when she needed to attack someone.

iwonder
07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Honestly, she probably WAS attacked at some point and will get attacked. Maybe we should feel sorry for her but then again she might as well deserve it.

Missfortune
07-31-2010, 01:31 AM
This happened to me once in a parking garage. Women called me a "fat *****" and I just looked at her and said "Well, I'd rather be a fat ***** than an old hag!" She was so pissed. And, for the record she did look like an old witchy poo.

When people are unhappy with themselves they often lash out at others. You'll get over it.

I have to say that I'm surprised your Husband would see that go down and not do anything. Time to step up DH!

Ciao
07-31-2010, 06:51 PM
A woman well in her 50s still name calling?
Wow, I'm more of a grown lady than she is
and I'm only 15. I've had days like that too
where people are just so rude.

Today I was driving and I had the right-of-way and some
other teenage girl, who wasn't paying attention,
proceeded to pull out in front of me. I stopped quickly
before I hit her and she gave ME a dirty look! As
if she was trying to tell ME to pay attention. :snooty:

Some people, I swear. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

luciddepths
07-31-2010, 07:28 PM
i agree with quilter... it could have been avoided, you have to realize there is alot of terrible drivers out there :) who do not understand right of way!

People are so unstable now a days, my dad calls it the YOU generation ... because they blame everything on someone else.. its never "them" and is always "its YOUR fault".

Side note to Sierra: wow, your 15 and getting married?

Ciao
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Side note to Sierra: wow, your 15 and getting married?

Yes. By the time we get married I'll be two months
shy from my 18th birthday. Young? Yes. Naive? A little.

Trust me, I've heard it all before. We're too young and
should wait, etc. :lol: But we've talked about it and talked
about it and it's what we want to do. We've been together
since we were 13 and 14 (now we're close to being 16 and
17) and he's my best friend and future husband. :)

Violin Jenn
07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of letting it bother you. Some people never leave Jr. High School!

I would however use it to fuel me to push myself a little more during my workouts and cook and eat just a little healthier. Maybe try a new healthy food or recipe.

My motto however for ANYONE being mean and disrespectful toward me is this. "Karma is ALWAYS the bigger B#&*#ch!!!" She will get hers.

luciddepths
07-31-2010, 08:30 PM
yes and yes :) but we've all been there before! good luck! :)

duckyyellowfeet
08-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Its not about you being fat. She most likely would have called you no matter your weight. Noticed she also called you a slut, something she couldn't even begin to notice from your physical appearance. I'd be willing to be "fat slut" is just her go-to insult, as it seems to encompass everything a woman "shouldn't be" in society. And really, anyone who is getting that steamed over something so small clearly doesn't have any better insults to hurl out.

Natasha1534
08-01-2010, 03:10 AM
It's funny b/c people like her ALWAYS go to weight when they can't think of any other way to insult us. I actually told someone one day "Ooooooh, I'm fat...congratulations for having eyes, dumb@$$!!!"

luciddepths
08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL natasha! thats funny

Windchime
08-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Would she have done this if you didn't roll down the window and give her the "look?" In this day and age of people whipping out guns and shooting others, its best to be nonconfrontational. So it would have taken a few more minutes (which it did anyway) but you would probably have avoided that scene completely.

I was kind of thinking that myself. I think that loudly announcing, "I hate it when people cut!" was probably not the best way to handle that. I hate it, too, but usually it's done out of thoughtlessness or something. Even if she did it knowingly, what's the difference? So you get to the window 30 seconds later than you would have.

19Deltawifey
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately calling someone fat is the easiest way to hurt someones feelings. Me and my husband would have made her miserable and hurt her feelings. Its not good to stoop to peoples level but since I play video games I'm pretty good at trash talking and making people feel silly. I'm not one for violence or anything but sometimes it is honestly a lot easier to let things go then to risk a altercation. I don't know if I would have said anything but its hard to say unless it happens to you

19Deltawifey
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Yes. By the time we get married I'll be two months
shy from my 18th birthday. Young? Yes. Naive? A little.

Trust me, I've heard it all before. We're too young and
should wait, etc. :lol: But we've talked about it and talked
about it and it's what we want to do. We've been together
since we were 13 and 14 (now we're close to being 16 and
17) and he's my best friend and future husband. :)

I wish you well. I had just turned 19 when I got married, and now we have been married for almost 7 years and together for 9 years and still madly in love. :)

lylmeg
08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
That's ridiculous!! How unclassy of her!

As for her choice of words, people pull the fat card out because it's easy! Just like someone's race, religion, etc... it's just easy & they know it will hit you where it hurts. Look at it this way: they can't attack anything else in your life, because they must be an incredibly miserable person to react that way & are likely trying to bring you down to where they are. =)

Just smile & feel sorry for the lady. HAHA.

Ciao
08-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I wish you well. I had just turned 19 when I got married, and now we have been married for almost 7 years and together for 9 years and still madly in love. :)

Wow! Congrats!
And thank you, we're both very excited and anxious for 2012
to come! :lol:

@ luciddepth- Thank you so much! :hug:

@ Gsxr1000gal- Sorry this is so off topic. :o

Thighs Be Gone
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I have to play devil's advocate here. I haven't read all the replies and it may already be here somewhere BUT:

SOME THINGS JUST AREN'T WORTH IT! The thing is, you really have NO idea what the lady is going through--has she just been let out of prison? Is she on parole for aggravated assault? Is she on drugs? Did her husband just leave her for another man? Who knows!

I mean, if she has the balls to cut in front of others, she probably has the balls to do a lot of things. Is it right? No. But please don't endanger your own life or your kids or hubby for some NUTZO in the fast food line. That psycho isn't worth it. Period. Karma really does work for those types.

If you want to be more in control of her Karma next time, jot down her license plate. Look it up at home and proceed accordingly. LOL! :)

p.s. As for her calling you fat--well, there are way worse things in life than being fat--just look at her actions!

Thighs Be Gone
08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
My motto however for ANYONE being mean and disrespectful toward me is this. "Karma is ALWAYS the bigger B#&*#ch!!!" She will get hers.

Genius. Pure and Utter.

bargoo
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Agree 100%

ThicknPretty
08-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I kind of agree with some of the others. What she said was definitely rude (and ignorant), buuuutt...if you're gonna confront people on their rude actions, you better be prepared for some more rude actions on their behalf! You knew she was rude by cutting in front of you...how did you think she was goin to respond when you called her out?

Sorry she went off on you like that though! That was definitely out of line, especially in front of kids.

Natasha1534
08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
If you want to be more in control of her Karma next time, jot down her license plate. Look it up at home and proceed accordingly. LOL! :)

Wait...what do you mean look it up at home??? Like one of those pay websites or something??? The only reason I ask is b/c I work at a law enforcement agency and accessing someone's tag information w/o a valid reason to do so is very serious business and can result in fines and jail time.

luciddepths
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
they probably mean report the person for the behavior :)

Natasha1534
08-01-2010, 07:03 PM
they probably mean report the person for the behavior :)
If so, let me just emphasize that you should always report things WHEN they happen and not wait...unless you don't mind the person never getting caught and the entire process being much more difficult. ;)

Cali Doll
08-01-2010, 07:54 PM
In all honesty it probably had nothing to do with your weight (hear me out) so much as just being as insulting as she could be. It seems to hit hard with just about any one if you say something mean about their weight, at any weight. I am pretty impressed you were as calm with her as you were! I respect people like that.

I completely agree. That comment had very little to do with that woman's perception of your weight.

She was just trying to be mean and hurtful because she's clearly unhappy in general. Meanness like that, IMO, comes from whatever sadness is in that person's life.

I'm proud of you for staying on plan! :carrot:

Thighs Be Gone
08-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Wait...what do you mean look it up at home??? Like one of those pay websites or something??? The only reason I ask is b/c I work at a law enforcement agency and accessing someone's tag information w/o a valid reason to do so is very serious business and can result in fines and jail time.

Can be done very, very easily.

Natasha1534
08-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Can be done very, very easily.
That's what I'm asking, though...by the pay sites??? Or is there a way to do it for free??? I just think it's a bunch of bull that people can get this stuff online but if I were to access it via NCIC/GCIC for personal use, I would have my certification yanked, be suspended w/o pay, possibly be fined, and possibly do prison time.

Thighs Be Gone
08-02-2010, 12:40 AM
One would definitely not have to use the site you mention and have no ties w/any law enforcement agency. There are many ways of looking up a license plate--just Google it and see. As far as specific methods, it depends on the state you are in. Once you have a name and address the amount of info. you can find on someone is truly infinite I am quite convinced. One must remember however, information found belongs to whomever the car is registered to. Of course, there are plenty of photos on the internet nowadays to ascertain photo identity.

Natasha1534
08-02-2010, 12:53 AM
One would definitely not have to use the site you mention and have no ties w/any law enforcement agency.

Technicality, but it's not a site...it's the official database of licenses and tags (and criminal histories and so on) and is strictly monitored.

Sorry to take the thread off-topic...I'm done now, LOL

katylil
08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Some people are SUCH twats. I'm so impressed at you for staying so calm and then not hitting the junk food after! If someone had a go at me like that, I wouldnt be able to resist a McDs so well done you! :)

CrystalZ10
08-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Grrrr...I took my kids to Mcdonalds for lunch yesterday, which I do on Payday only, so I can make it special for them. I was in the drive thru, waiting, when some lady with an SUV moves ahead of me in the 2nd lane from behind me, after we had been waiting longer. I rolled down my window, and gave her a "look", and said loudly to my husband (driver), I hate when people cut. She proceeds to get out of her SUV, her mother in the car with her, and gets in my face and calls me a "fat slut", in front of my 3 kids in the back and her own mother. I roll up my window, get out of the car, while she is still calling me names (she was well in her 50's), as she is walking back to her car, and tell her how rude she is, and wish she wouldnt say things like that in front of my kids. I didn't know what to do. I thought getting made fun of for your weight ended like in middle school. Some people are so mean! My husband, of course is too shy to tell this lady to shut up, and I was almost in tears. Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat. It's not like fat people don't already know they are fat. I mean, really, did she think I just woke up and was like, Oh my gosh, how did that happen? Grrr..the nerve of some people.
Btw, the McD's was for the kids only. I went home and had a Grilled chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bun :)

She was 50? You could have taken her and cleaned the drive through with her face. You did take the high road though and did the right thing.Your children were watching so don't worry, you did okay.
BTW...I would have indulged in a large fry and carmel sunday after that situation. You did way better by going home and eating healthy. :)

bnorah
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Wow, that's pretty harsh. People can be so immature. And for her to say that in front of your kids?! I hope she realizes how hurtful she was and had a horrible day after that. Karma is not kind. Sorry you had to go through that, but so happy that you at least handled it maturely. Bravo for skipping the McDs. I ate there yesterday but only because the kid wanted mcnuggets. Doesn't justify my bad decision though, lol.