Old 07-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default HELP... What is wrong with me???

Honestly I dont know what to do or should I say what is wrong with me....

I am on Medifast.... I do great for 5 days and then all of a sudden with have two bad days... I will be down 10 lbs one week and then regain 2 lbs the following week.

I have been trying for the past month to lose the last 25 lbs and I go up and down and I just cant get it done...

What is wrong with me....

I am going on a family vacation at the end of August and would love to be down 10 more pounds....

HELP.........................
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

Why do you think you go off plan for those two days? Does something trigger it? I don't think anything is "wrong" with you, you're human and food looks good, smells good and tasted good!

Are you losing weight just to lose so that you will look/feel better or is your ultimate goal health? I've found, with myself, that my ultimate goal switching from looking good to actually being healthy has made the biggest difference! Before I would yo-yo diet till the cows came home! I've been on every diet there is. I would have success and then go right back to eating the same ol' crap.

Only in the past 4 months have I changed my tune. Sure it will be nice to buy a smaller size and not feel bad about myself or worried about sucking my tummy in, but I also know that I want to be as healthy as can be. That when I go to maintenence I will be fueling my body with fruits and veggies and protein and healthy foods.

Am I making sense? So I guess you can take from this response: You are normal. You are human. Get back on the wagon and forget about the past. You CAN do it. And if you need any support I'd be happy to help you.

www.crazycleancolon.blogspot.com
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Thanks Jermsgirl... I think my problem is that I have now realized that Medifast is not a realistic lifestyle for me. I want a variety of foods including fruits, vegetables, bread, etc. And on Medifast its only lean and greens and that is not realistic to me. On the weekends is when I see my family and its always hard to stick to this diet... I am trying to figure out what diet is realistic for me and fits everything in that I like. I tried Weight Watchers but because it is not as strict I find I fall off the wagon too much with that. I need a diet with variety, somewhat strict and helps me lost this weight... Sorry for the ramble...
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

No problem. It IS a drastic diet. I keep telling myself that this won't last forever. This won't last forever. This won't last forever... I have about the same amount left to lose as you do. I'm SUPER excited to be done with this portion of it and then transition back into clean/whole foods. Do you have a health coach? Or did you just order through the website? The health coaches are free, you just order your food through them instead of the site. They help a TON! My mom and Dad are both health coaches for me and they are who I turn to when I feel like I JUST WANT TO EAT! It helps to have a support system. Try the Medifast website too. You can sign up for it (it's free) and there are discussion boards, just like this one, but a little more active. That has helped me too, cause the last 20 or so lbs. seem the slowest. Stick with it. You CAN do it. YOu ow it to yourself to be healthy and learn healthy habits that you can stick with forever. When you transition to whole foods you will have a TON of variety and the lack of variety will be a thing of the past. Now I'm rambling, for sure. Hope this helps. Stick with it, sister. It won't be forever. Promise.

One more thing: I've been taking my meals with me. I went to the movies the other night and while my friends were eating nasty ol' popcorn I had a bowl of chocolate pudding with some cool whip. It hit the spot and I didn't cheat. I've also just brought snacks and bars with me places. It's kept me accountable and given me an opportunity to talk to others about changing their habits. -Hug-
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #5  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

There's nothing wrong with you girl!!

I'm on a doctor-supervised VLCD, just three shakes per day. It is tough! We have to go to behavioral/nutrition class every week too. They tell us...it's not about being perfect (although of course they'd like you to) it's about making progress!

It finally clicked with me why this diet works for me...because I asked them. I've never been successful on other diets - WW, Jenny, ADA, etc. The only two I've ever lost a significant amount on was Optifast (in the 1980s) and Atkins. Both worked for me, because for me...I'm very carb-sensitive!

With my 3 shakes a day, it's about 30 carbs. I asked about maintenance (having had dieticians in the past scoff at me for wanting only 100-120 carbs a day), and yup, they suggest 100-120 carbs/day.

I HIGHLY recommend, if you haven't tried already, making some "recipes" for your shakes. I'm on a different product than you, but I make tomato soup crackers and lemon bar waffles from my supplements. I'm not kidding, they get me through the day! And one shake.

Jerms is right - I keep thinking of my weight loss as lasting for about 6 months. I can do this. Even better, I'm thinking of it as in counting down the weeks. 24 weeks....

If I do slip - because of my negative self-talk - I'm at least slipping with very low-carb foods. I am careful NEVER to put a piece of bread in my mouth because then....I'm going down the slippery slope (like an alcoholic, sugar is an addiction).

You have to do what is right for you. Are you exercising? Drinking all your water? Are you doing a full fast, or a L & G every day? Maybe doing the L&G would help you. Myself, I'm craving my veggies!!! But I"m not hungry cuz I'm in ketosis, I have WAY more energy then I used to when I was in my carb fog. It's all in my head, I know. Take care and best wishes.
justducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote