100 lb. Club - How many sizes of clothes are in your closet?

doingmybest
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone:

Today, I got up and looked for something to wear to work. I pulled out a shirt in my favorite color, but saw that it is one size smaller than I have been wearing. I tried it on anyway - AND IT FIT!!!! I am wearing it right now! :woohoo:

I started WW on July 1 so this feels pretty good.

I typically keep at least 3 sizes of clothes in my closet: I'm always afraid to throw out the bigger clothes because I worry that I'll gain weight but if I lose some weight, those clothes will be too big. I also have some much smaller size clothes that I love just to give me incentive to keep losing.

Basically, I need more closet space!

L144S
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
congreats on the WL and welcome to 3FC!!!!

I currently am wearing 3 different sizes so I have that many in my closet just because sizing is so different by company.

I have also stored in closet bags and rolling racks in my basement all of the stuff that is too big. I can't bring myself to pitch it either but it is not in my closet and I have not gone down to look at it in months. Still not sure when I will be ready to purge but there it lies :)

Keep up the good work!

Eliana
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Gone! All gone!! I have sizes 12's and 10's and L shirts and not very much of any of that! 20's? Gone. 18's? Gone 16's? Gone! 14's? Gone!! (Boy was that fun to type!)

The only clothes I lament not having are SMALLER sizes. I decided when we moved into this house in October (just one month prior to starting this journey) that if I ever did get into those smaller sizes again I deserved new clothes. So out they went. Now my mind is playing tricks on me given vanity sizing and all. I can't truly appease my mind that I'm the same size I was when I got married because I have nothing left to confirm that.

But those larger sizes? Gone and GOOD RIDDANCE! :D

ubercast
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
I have 18, 16, and 14's in my closet. In truth I don't fit into the 18s any more and the 16 are very loose. I don't have a lot of money right now, and haven't really bought any new clothes. I have my pair of size 14 pants that fit perfectly, and I ware my size 16 pants with a belt. ^_^

calluna
07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
I have 3 sizes - 18, 16, 14. I did donate all of my larger clothes (20, 22, 24, 26) and will continue to do so - I just don't have the space, and I am determined not to regain the weight. The 18s will go soon, too, most of them. Any more sizes than that and I'd not be able to get anything in or out of the closet!

Jenteal
07-29-2010, 02:23 PM
I've got everything from 14 to 28. I started at 310 and went down to 206. Then gained some back. And now I'm sitting in the middle. I really should donate the larger stuff so I don't have them to lean on just in case.

And then there's my size 8 goal jeans sitting in there staring at me.

eclipse
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I just got rid of my 24s, 22s, and most of my 20's (all the 20's are too big, but some still fit in a comfy oversized way, so I kept them for now. Right now I'm wearing the oversized comfy 20s, 18s, and some 16s. In boxes in my closet, I have clothes from 16 down to 8 (not many 8s). I love going closet shopping to see what I can fit in this week!

time2lose
07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I have at least 3 sizes, but I think 4. I don't have any of the really large sizes in my closet any more, but I keep some clothes that are too big just to wear around the house when I am doing dirty work. Want to save the good clothes that fit. :)

I have one shirt that is too small, a size medium with the college's logo on it. It was a freebie that I got at an office retreat. A couple of years ago I would have handed it to a smaller coworker but, this time I set it aside to be a "goal" shirt. I will be very proud to wear that shirt some day.

Now in my drawer I have some 5x tee shirts. Yes, 5X! I used to wear them around the house and now they are night shirts. Big, loose, soft night shirts! :)

PinkHoodie
07-29-2010, 02:41 PM
I have several size. I can't wait to fit in my 18s. They just sit there with their tag on them still. Hopefully in the next couple of months. They button and zip but they are TIGHT! You all just inspire me. :)

caryesings
07-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Very, very little in my closet right now. Clothes that are too big have been given away or discarded. Not to goal yet so not spending much on anything new.

I'm actually loving the ease of getting dressed in my transitional wardrobe as very little decision making needed. 1 pair of dress pants, 1 pair of jeans, 1 suit, 2 dresses, 2 pair of shorts. About a dozen tops to mix and match the bottoms into outfits.

Good thing I work from home, often in my underwear or workout clothes so I'm ready to head to the gym at the end of the work day.

MaddiesMom
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Funny that you brought this up because I just cleaned out my closet! I kept trying on clothes that were just way too big, so I thought - enough is enough. I had everything from 22's to my current 14's. I'm getting rid of all my bigger clothes, don't want them around. I figured that since I want to lose this weight, I just can't let myself gain and get comfortable because I have the clothes on hand.

Ebay, here I come - I have over 100 items that are going bye bye.

Terre
07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I bought 22's 20's 18's 16's 14's and 12's at yard sales when i started my weightloss. As they get too big I give them away. That way the only thing thats left is the smaller ones :) I am 16's and 14's now

I started in 24's and 2x and 3x tops now the tops are Large size

Terre
07-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Funny that you brought this up because I just cleaned out my closet! I kept trying on clothes that were just way too big, so I thought - enough is enough. I had everything from 22's to my current 14's. I'm getting rid of all my bigger clothes, don't want them around. I figured that since I want to lose this weight, I just can't let myself gain and get comfortable because I have the clothes on hand.

I need your 16's..what's you ebay id??? I wanna look when you get em listed :)

Robin41
07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
At one point my closet went from 6-26. I could have opened a Macy's. Now I have 6, 8, and 10 simply because I'm a different size in different brands.

MaddiesMom
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Terre - haven't posted them yet, still in the process of taking pictures, etc. As soon as I get everything listed, I'll let you know! Always willing to help out another chick! :)

TJFitnessDiva
07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
I have about two sizes (6 & 8's) in my closet right now...depending on the brand. Everything else I either sold or gave it away to friends or on freecycle :) I'm not going back up so why keep my 24/26's and everything in between?

beerab
07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
3 sizes, 12,14,16. I currently wear 14s and 16s depending on the brand but my 12s I keep around for motivation :)

audrina
07-29-2010, 04:54 PM
I throw away all my 'fat clothes' as they get too big for me. I had previously saved clothes that had become too small to fit, but now they are all too big. So in my closet there is really only one size of clothes. I don't have much, but it makes it harder for me to revert to my old eating ways because, well what will I wear?

Kristikins
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM

I need 22's and 20's...so I'll be anxious to see what you post on there too! I currently have 24's and 26's and some 28's and they are saggin' baggin' and draggin'....I'm usually good about giving the ones away that get too big, now if I can just make it a rule that I NEVER buy that size again I'll be all set!!

musestar
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I have sizes 18-24 in my closet right now. The 18's are starting to get loose on me, but I'm hesitating on buying more clothes since I can't afford to do so. I want to wait until I drop a more significant amount of weight. The clothes I have now aren't falling off of me (except for the 24's, I can't wear them at all anymore), so I can deal!

TXMary2
07-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I have 7 sizes in my closet - 20, 18, 16, 14, 13, 11, 9

20's are now baggy, 18's fit comfortably, 16's fit my legs and butt, but not my gut. I strive for the 11 - 9 neighborhood. Maybe 8's - new clothes at that size :)

lookin2lose
07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I had everything from a 22-12...I donated the sizes when they became too big. I kept ONE pair of pants, loose fitting 22s which were my "go-to" pants for everything...I love seeing how far I've come. But I will NEVER keep the clothes that don't fit anymore...I never ever ever want to buy those sizes again.

As for my "new" sizes, I'm going to wait until I get closer to goal before I start replacing clothes in my closet. I'm in 14-16s now and still have a few 12s left in the closet before I panic and need new clothes. I wanna fill that closet with 6s and never look back! =)

lovemyboy
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
When I started there was an assortment of clothes from size 12 - 18 in my closet. There was also two size 10 pairs of shorts, one very old size 7 skirt, and one size 20 blazer. I've donated and consigned everything over size 12.

My closet is very sparse now. Several of the 12s are too big but my 1 pair of 12s will take a few more pounds to fit without a muffin top. When the twelves go I will have very few selections left. I'm going to try and squeak by with as little as possible. It will be fun to have a blank slate.

The first clothing give away of the upper sizes was both weird like I was throwing out a part of myself but exhilerating at the same time. I'm not quite how to describe this but it was quite strange.

PudgyGurl
08-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I have sizes 20 to 9. When I get out of a size, that size will be donated or given to a friend/family member. I'm never going back!

PrincessKinaNY
08-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I have a mix of size 13 to 18... its sad cause the size 18's dont fit and I refuse to purchase a 20 so I wear scrubs ALL THE TIME and im always home on the weekends :( but im changing that cause I started getting rid of stuff because im jumping on this new life wagon and it's not taking me back to my old habits!

Lyn2007
08-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I had everything from 20 to 26/28, from 2X to 4X. And I was sad because almost nothing fit (all too small). But now I have gotten rid off all those clothes, AND the 18s I had to buy when I got smaller. So now I have 12, 14, and 16... the 14s mostly fit and the 16s fit or are getting too big :)

FitGirlyGirl
08-02-2010, 05:23 PM
In the closet that I actually use I currently have 8 through 12. I am a 9/10 right now, but there are some things in 12 that though they are loose they aren't too big to get away with, so I still have them in there. I have a few 8s in there already for motivation. I have clothes stored in other closets waiting either to be gotten rid of or for me to shrink into. I have up to 18s still waiting for yardsale/goodwill. I have all the way down to 3/4 waiting for me to shrink into.

duckyyellowfeet
08-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Ummm...everything from a size 18 to a size 8. I've never been a size 8, but my partner was and since we share a closet...and I regularly steal her clothes, it all gets mixed together. I'm waiting for her size 14 jeans to fit me, which means I get her old "fat" wardrobe, as she is now in 12s or 10s.

I have one pair of size 20 jeans that I bought right before I lost weight that I intend to keep in order to take a "goal" picture. I have a couple 2x tops that I like to sleep in. Most everything I wear is between a 14 and a 16, depending on cut. Although, I have a dress that is a size 12.

I've thrown out all the other size 20 pants and most of the 18s. They were old and worn out anyways, so even if I went back up (NOT happening) I would have needed new clothes

Crestfallen
08-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I have a lot of clothes that are larger than the normal size I wear, mostly hand me downs from my mother or older sister . My closet goes from 24-10's but I don't fit into those clothes any more. I tend to keep the smaller dresses in hopes of one day fitting into them again. I am a bit of a hoarder though so I think once I get down to a size that I am comfortable with the old clothes will be donated or given to someone who needs them.

My normal size ranges from a 22-18 depending on brand. I've found it rather hard in some cases to have decent clothes that fit in the chest region ( but fit fine everywhere else) so I have to go up a size to accommodate for them.

dudesmom
08-03-2010, 02:42 AM
I have stuff from size 16 to 24. Can't wait to get rid of the big stuff!

mariamherrera
08-03-2010, 03:17 AM
I have everything fro ma size 14-28! Sad I have been that many sizes in the last 6 years!