South Beach Diet - Starting SB on Monday. Hi y'all!

View Full Version : Starting SB on Monday. Hi y'all!

honeysox
07-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to get my feet wet and post an introduction. The DH and I are starting Phase I on Monday. I'm hoping to hang out here to help maintain focus. I've done SB before, so it's not completely new to me.

Anyway, I have a Girls' Weekend to get behind me first, then I'm jumping in.

Very excited! :D

BellaLucia
07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Welcome!

honeysox
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank you, FoodO!

zeffryn
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Welcome! and good luck!

honeysox
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks zeff. I'm looking forward to watching your carrot garden grow. : )

BellaLucia
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
No problem honeysox!

Jessiebear
07-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Welcome! I started this past Monday and feel great so far :-) Glad to have you here with us :-D

honeysox
07-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Jessie! I'll be right behind you then! I'm pondering joining a challenge, but I won't have time to check them out until Monday.

Congrats on almost getting through the first week! First few days are ALWAYS the hardest, methinks.

femmecreole
07-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Honey, anyone who has cafe au lait for their avatar is my friend!!!
You'll do great.

honeysox
07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Gotta have it, femme. : ) (The caffeine, at least!)

Thanks!

ETA: Duh. *Now* I see your signature, femme. : )
ETAagain: Age: pushing 51.
ETA yet again: No wait, I'm pushing 52. *forgetful*

Natasha1534
07-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum...and good luck to you and your hubby as well!!! :)

honeysox
07-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks Natasha.

56 lbs. That's a big WOW!!!!!! I aspire to have your motivation and success. : )

Just curious: what was your reward for your goal that you met in June? (I live vicariously . . . )

Natasha1534
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks Natasha.

56 lbs. That's a big WOW!!!!!! I aspire to have your motivation and success. : )

Just curious: what was your reward for your goal that you met in June? (I live vicariously . . . )

Thank you SO much!!! :) I didn't actually come up w/ a goal beforehand but after I met it, I decided to buy myself a pair of shape-ups to wear to the gym. I didn't buy the Skechers ones b/c, ****, why pay $100 for what I could get at K-mart for $35??? LOL

honeysox
07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
I didn't buy the Skechers ones b/c, ****, why pay $100 for what I could get at K-mart for $35??? LOL

ExACTly. : )

oooh, I'm so excited. This is going to be FUN. Well, mostly. The 3FC part anyway. :dizzy:

CyndiM
07-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Welcome honeysox :welcome2:

It will be fun. You're going to love how much better you feel. Like Cat I have more energy and fewer health problems than most of my similar age friends. I credit this way of life because I was heading down that path too. Come and join us in the Daily thread. It's a great way to start your day on track. I also really like the monthly exercise thread because I'm both competitive and not willing to admit to everyone that I was a bum ;)

femmecreole
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Cyndi, I don't know about you, but I'm considering getting younger friends (not really, I love my friends) but do you find that when you all get together a major part of discussion revolves around what pills and prescriptions everyone is taking? I swear the other day I had a friend actually say "I'm doing great with my diabetes...as long as I take these pills, I can eat anything" I wanted to beat my head on the table. Duh...don't deal with health problems..head them off or get rid of them with good food and exercise. I don't want to get old. Old people are boring. (keep in mind I know a lot of people who have a lot of years behind them that are not old. Old people are people who smell funny and eat pills and whine!)

I don't ever plan on getting old. I have too much fun in my future.

honeysox
07-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi Cyndi,

Thanks for the head's up about the Daily thread. I'm going to look for it right now . . .

ETA . . . and I can't find it. I see a Sticky that says "A Note about the Daily thread" but I don't see the actual thread itself.

Is it in the South Beach forum? Sorry to be so much trouble.

femmecreole
07-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Honey...the daily thread will have a cute title with today's date in it...
today's is "Feisty Friday"

honeysox
07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Ah HA! The Daily Thread's very clever, hiding behind a pseudonym. :dizzy:

Thanks Cat! Much appreciated.

Natasha1534
07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I swear the other day I had a friend actually say "I'm doing great with my diabetes...as long as I take these pills, I can eat anything" I wanted to beat my head on the table. Duh...don't deal with health problems..head them off or get rid of them with good food and exercise.

OMG, my neighbor is like that!!! She's Type II diabetic and is SO bad about not controlling it that she's gone from taking pills to have to have shots of insulin everyday. Her eyesight is beginning to fail as well and she's also having kidney problems. She will skip her insulin for days at a time, she doesn't take it w/ her when she travels AT ALL, and if she wants to have a piece of chocolate cake she'll just say "I'll make sure I take my insulin tonight." She told my mom the other day "oh, I finally took my blood pressure medication last night." And it's like she doesn't understand why taking her blood pressure meds once every 3 weeks isn't doing her any good!!! *bangs head against wall*

(keep in mind I know a lot of people who have a lot of years behind them that are not old. Old people are people who smell funny and eat pills and whine!)

We had a wonderful family friend that passed away a few years ago at the ripe old age of 84. She was w/o a doubt one of the youngest people I knew. She had a fantastic spirit and a GREAT sense of humor...she was truly one of a kind and a real blessing to us for all those years we had her in our lives. One year, when she was about 75 or so, we went shopping on black Friday. I was waiting to pull into a parking space at the mall and this woman in a gold Lexus pulls and and steals the spot even though she saw me sitting there w/ my blinker on. We get out of the car and Mrs. Gallant (our family friend) takes out her lipstick, tells us to "look out" for her, and proceeds to use her lipstick to scribble all over the woman's windshield. She turns to me, smiles, and says "She SAW you waiting on that space! I ruined my favorite lipstick, too, but it was worth it!!!" LMFAO!!! God, I miss that woman.

PinkHoodie
07-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the board! Lots of support and answers here! Good luck on your journey! :)