Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Default Writing my pep talk down so I can see it :)

Ok, so my scale has been going up and down for almost two weeks because I am a hugggeee stress eater and now I have PMS too soooo... as you can imagine things are not to easy these days.

When I first stepped on the scale at the beginning of this in March I was shocked by the 109 pounds I had to lose to get to my goal. Now almost 5 months into it I have lost more than half of the weight I need to lose and have hit a little bit of a rough patch. But when I look at the 40 something pounds I need to lose to hit my goal, I look at it like money. I am jobless but if I needed 40 something dollars I could easilly get my hands on it if it were a hundred something dollars it would take me a while to actually get that in my hands. I have accomplished a lot and I need to keep that in mind and be strong and move forward. I haven't finished things very often in my life.. I've gotten very good at quitting things over the years. I say quitting is kind of a vicious cycle.. you do it once and it starts happening all the time. I want it to be the opposite. I want to get really good at finishing things.. I want to get to my goal and be a successful person for my futures sake. There for, I need to do it.

That's my pep talk...lol
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Wow! You pep talked ME! LOL. I'm very similar in the quitting department, I've always said "I'm a runner, but like in the running away from things category not actual running", if it's fight or flight, I usually take flight for sure. I don't like that about myself. So I'm trying now to be an actual runner instead.

I love the $ metaphor, that's a really cool way to look at it! Makes me think of hussling, which is a good way to look at losing weight too.

So glad you shared!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Nicely said! I did the whole "money" thing too on my journey! It helped me. Too bad I didn't have about $10 for each lb I lost or something! That would have been sweet! But I can only hope I added several more years to my life. Best of luck!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #4  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

thanks ladies I keep telling myself it's not that hard but I feel like it gets harder everyday. I am confident we will get to our goals and congrats guamvixen on meeting yours
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/159/155

Height: 5'7"

I like the money idea, that's a really good way to look at it!
ms hodge is offline   Reply With Quote