General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 09:22 PM   #1  

Default Just Joined LA Weight Loss

I just joined LA last week, I did the 3 day juice, lost 2.4lbs and am now on the second week. This low carb thing is tough, are you able to maintain this for the duration of the program. It has been a difficult adjustment for me. Good luck to all.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:18 AM   #2  

Welcome to LAWL and the messageboard! These ladies are so inspirational. We have our ups and downs, but they always keep me going. This is a great resource, I think Congrats on your loss, and good luck!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 07:09 PM   #3  

This plan is wonderful! I have been on for 5 weeks now and I have lost 14 pounds which in my opinion is great!!! I am feeling great. Fitting into smaller clothes. All of these wonderful things. Now it isn't always easy and I think ( I shouldn't speak for everyone) we all cheat at times. But if you keep it to nothing major you will be successful. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:29 PM   #4  

Default Carb Craving

It has only been a week and I am having awful carb cravings. I have been good, but I can not imagine weeks like this. Do you get used to it and when does that happen? I am using the shakes and soup as my LA Lites because I am not a chocolate fan (imagine that) and the others seem so sweet. Thanks for all the support. I think this is going to be great and much cheaper than therapy.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:51 AM   #5  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi meltin, good luck with the program! I've been doing LAWL since September 3, and I've lost about 19 pounds. I even lost weight when i went off-program for a vacation! Anyway, I thought the first couple of weeks were the toughest...after that, I started experimenting with food and i bought the cookbook. Most of the recipes were no-brainers, but they are set up to make one or two servings and i really liked that. I've also been trying to change up my proteins so that i don't get too bored. I got back from vacation on Sunday, and I'm doing the two day take off to get myself jump started again. Let me tell you, I can't wait to get back on my regular program (I'm on red because I work out 6 days a week). It doesn't seem like my carb cravings have been too bad after the first couple of weeks. Thank goodness i can have the three servings a day though! Good luck and check in often. This board is great.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:05 PM   #6  

Thanks for the info. This is my second week, the carb cravings has settled some. They have put me on the gold plan, but said they might have to change because I workout at least 5 days a week. How do the plans work? Does the red plan have more food? My workouts have been more difficult this week, but I can not tell if it is the diet or the lack of sleep from graduate midterms that are causing it.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:51 PM   #7  

If you are working out 5 days a week I do not think you should be on the gold plan. Most people who work out that much are on the Red. What do you think Diane?
Old 10-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #8  

I am also on the Gold plan. I have brought it up several times at my center, since I work out 3-5 times a week, but all they ever tell me is: The red plan has more food. Why would you want to do that? Bottom line, I think, is that my center isn't the best.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:18 AM   #9  

BTW: meltin, I'm a grad student too I know how it puts you through the ringer. It's so hard to deal with that stress without eating! What are you studying?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:17 AM   #10  

meltin:
If you think you are exercising enough to go to a higher plan ask them to call the dietician. that is how I went to the gold plan to the blue which does have a extra starch and 1/2 protein. the extra starch does help me alot, cuts the edge off.
Diane
Old 10-17-2002, 11:58 AM   #11  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey guys, i'm on the red plan. i think it's based on total amount of time you work out...for example, I work out 6 days a week. i only do 30 minutes of cardio most days, but twice a week i also do an hour of yoga and i also lift weights twice a week (about 30 minutes each time) that all adds up to about 6 hours a week that i'm actually working out. if i remeber correctly the red plan was for if you worked out 5 or more hours a week. i would say if you're being that active though that you probably do need the extra food on the red plan. i don't know what the gold plan is like but here's my plan.

2.5 protein
4 veggies
3 fruit
3 starch
1 fat
1 dairy (2 oz cheese or 8oz skim milk)
Old 10-17-2002, 04:11 PM   #12  

I think the plans are based on how much you weigh/need to lose. If you work out, then that takes you up one plan or two. Just my two cents.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:40 PM   #13  

BTM: I am working on my Masters in Health Administration. I graduate in December and would like to be able to get back into my suits so that I can start interviewing.
ALL:My workout is usually three hours aerobics and two hours cardio/weight training a week. I think I am probably getting the needed protein because I haven't really measured the portion size and am probably eating more than the portion. I will ask the next time I am in. I think the extra starch will make a difference.
WATER! LA told me to limit water to 8- 8oz glasses because too much can deplete nutrients. I have never heard that before and being that is really all I drink it has been a struggle. I think I am the highest maintenance client ever. I call them everyday with questions. I did try the chocolate peanut bars and I think I can handle that. This board is great! Thanks for all your help.
meltin
Old 10-17-2002, 09:57 PM   #14  

Hay there meltin, I was on the lawl plan and they told me that I shouldn't exersise until I get down a little closer to my target weight. I have never heard of that before. They also said that you shouldn't eat very much lettuce either. In any other diet I have been on that has been a free food. In some ways I think that it is far fetched but it does work I must say that. Good luck. I wish that I had the money to go back and finish my weightloss.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #15  

The money thing is hard for me too. Yesterday I got the talk on how many weeks of LA Lites I needed and the savings if I buy in bulk. Since you have been on the plan before, you should have the tools to continue it. This board has been great these past two weeks. Good Luck
meltin
Closed Thread