Chicks up for a Challenge - Onderland By Christmas Challenge

View Full Version : Onderland By Christmas Challenge

VickieLou
07-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I decided to start a ONDERLAND by Christmas Challenge. Just put your SW when you join challenge. Good Luck Everyone!

SW: 243.8
GW: 199

MablesGirl
07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm in! Onderland by Christmas, I think that's doable.

Starting weight - 225
Goal weight - 199

lanabubby
07-28-2010, 07:37 AM
count me in as well
SW: 232

2phatinvictoria
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
im not sure if i will make it to onderland by Christmas but i would sure like to try

sw:265
gw:199.9

susiemartin
07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Count me in :carrot:

Thanks for starting this thread.
My
SW is 238
GW is 199

Chunkyhoney
07-28-2010, 02:34 PM
sounds great i want to give it a try.

SW: 231

BrillanteLuna70
08-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm in, I want to give this a try. I think I can reach this goal by Dec 15...Here goes!!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

Latchkey Princess
08-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I'd love to join. Logically I should be able to reach onederland well before Christmas, but the way I've been going it's anyone's guess when it'll actually happen...

SW: 218.6

Matilda08
08-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Id like to join also since my goal is 199 come year end!

SW 232
GW 199

ShelBl
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
This is just what I need to jump start me! Thanks for posting this :)

SW 263
GW 199

c_laura
08-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh I'd hoped there was something up already. I'm totally in.

SW: 253 (:()

srr728
08-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm definatly in! It would be the first time since junior high...even if I don't make it anything closer to 199 is good for me!

SW 240
GW 199

the right direction
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm in, my goal is to be in the 100's by the new year so this is perfect. I'll post my progress every Wednesday.

SW - 219.4
GW - 199.0

Let's do it!

AmandaW
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm in! I haven't done a challenge here yet (I mostly hang out in 20-somethings), but this sounds great. I think it will be hard work for me, but possible.

SW: 236

Kalymarie
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm in! Thanks for starting this challenge. I am definitely hoping to be into the 100's by Christmas.
SW: 237

mommy1028
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm IN! That would be the best Christmas gift ever to be in the 100s again!

SW: 259

Sameen
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
i would love to be 199 before christmas! would love to join!

SW: 243

Rashomon
08-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I should (hopefully!) be at around 199 by mid-October, but either way, this will be a kick in the pants.

CW: 219
GW: < 199

ravenjeh
08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Count me in, too! I should be in Onederland before then, but this is still good motivation! I can't wait until I never have to see the big 2 again!!!

changepourlemeilleur
08-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I am so joining this
SW: 252

gypsychic
08-29-2010, 10:13 AM
count me in :

sw : 258

gw: 199

starbrite
08-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Absolutely count me in too ! I was just wondering if there was a challenge like this one around. I sooooo want to achieve this.
SW - 240
GW- 199
:carrot:

Rochester
08-29-2010, 10:51 AM
This has been a long slow horrid summer for weight loss. :mad: But I'm putting on my boxing gloves and starting over again. Me versus The Scale. Round II. :D

SW 223
GW 199

17 weeks, 24 pounds (1.4# loss per week)

ninepaw
08-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this, Rochester! :D I'm definitely in it!

SW: 230

31 pounds in 17 weeks... That's just under 2 pounds a week, which is pretty much what I've averaged through my journey thus far! I'm SO stoked for onederland... SO stoked! :D

starbrite
08-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Ok, had to post todays whoosh, nearly a tenth of the challenge !
sw. 240
cw. 237 YAHOO :carrot:

david
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
this looks like the perfect challenge for me...i am currently @ 248 so i can make it if i'm really diligent...i'm tired of just talking about it!! good luck everyone

dudesmom
08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Are there going to be regular weigh ins/check ins? I really want to join, but my weight loss lately has been slow...But I see others with about the same amount or more to lose, so maybe I should just go for it? Yes, I will go for it!

SW: 246.2
GW: 199.8 :) It's still Onederland!!!

ninepaw
09-03-2010, 06:59 PM
All that I have to say right now is that I'm having some serious hate issues with my scale the last 3 days.

That is all! :lol:

Rochester
09-03-2010, 10:22 PM
All that I have to say right now is that I'm having some serious hate issues with my scale the last 3 days.

That is all! :lol:

But I know you Diana. You'll get over your stuckedness and go whooshing away! :D

Rochester
09-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Weekly weigh-in!

222.9/-1/221.9

Not the 1.4 loss I need to stay on track or the enormous whoosh I was dreaming of, but a loss nevertheless!

I did great staying on track all week with both exercise and food. But I'm probably going to totally blow it on my mini-vacation today and tomorrow which will involve pizza, wine, a hot tub, a pool party, a cookout....and lots and lots of fun! I'm not going to fret about it, though, because I really need to relax and enjoy myself.

Hope everyone else is doing well with the challenge. We're not a very chatty bunch, are we? :)

dudesmom
09-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Weekly weigh-in!

222.9/-1/221.9

Not the 1.4 loss I need to stay on track or the enormous whoosh I was dreaming of, but a loss nevertheless!

I did great staying on track all week with both exercise and food. But I'm probably going to totally blow it on my mini-vacation today and tomorrow which will involve pizza, wine, a hot tub, a pool party, a cookout....and lots and lots of fun! I'm not going to fret about it, though, because I really need to relax and enjoy myself.

Hope everyone else is doing well with the challenge. We're not a very chatty bunch, are we? :)

Congrats on the loss. Maybe we can make this a more chatty group! I had a .4lb loss this week, but I know I've been a little lax with my eating. And of course, today we're having a birthday party for my youngest son, complete with lots and lots of food and desserts. Hopefully I can keep it in check today, it's the sweets that always do me in! Good luck with your little vacation, let us know how it goes!

ninepaw
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Weekly weigh-in!

222.9/-1/221.9

Woo-hoo for a loss! :D Always good, even when it isn't exactly what we'd like.

And maybe this is more of the norm around these parts.. .And we're just very chatty people who happen to end up in the same threads a lot?? :lol: Either way, I'm sure we can chat this place up a bit. We're pretty much pros. ;)

As for my issues, it wasn't even just stuckedness... No... I was at 229 for 3 days, then I was 230 for a day... Then 231... Then 232... And now I'm on my way back down again, today at 230, but still. I believe the day I posted about my irritation, I was at 232 and was just hoping that the number wouldn't go up AGAIN the next day! Ugh! It wasn't fun. But now that I'm most of the way back down I'm feeling a little better. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

DaisyDuke
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Is it too late to join in?

SW: 244.6

dudesmom
09-06-2010, 12:45 AM
I need to get the scale moving again, it's been pretty slow lately. I'm considering dropping the calorie counting and just sticking to a whole foods type/ intuitive eating plan. When I don't have so much processed stuff like bread in my diet, I tend to not rack up as many calories, and really only eat when I'm hungry. I feel like this may be the best approach to get the scale moving again, but not sure if that's the way I'm going to be eating for the rest of my life. Just something I have to ponder.

Rochester
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I had the most wonderfully fantastic mini-vacation. Total fun and total relaxation! :D

My food choices weren't great but not horrible either. And even though I ate some things I probably wouldn't on "regular" days I was able to consciously control how much I ate of those foods, and for me that was a huge deal.

@dudesmon - Hope you enjoyed the birthday party. Good luck with trying a whole food/intuitive way of eating...let us know how it goes.

@Diana - You've had a pretty substantial loss so far so you're body is probably just adjusting. I'm sure you'll see the scale moving downward again soon.

Mimi2010
09-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm already a part of the 30 lbs by Christmas challenge, so what's a few more pounds?? I'm in!! It's going to be tough, but hopefully I can push it out. I've been pretty lazy the past couple of weeks.

SW-234.5
GW-199

dudesmom
09-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Wow, I had kind of a rough day today and what was my first gut reaction? To eat. Crap! Luckily, I really don't have any bad stuff around, so I had like 5 fries and a regular sized brownie and that was it. I'm hoping that at some point in time I won't have that automatic reaction to turn to food. I'm not really over it now, but at least I'm processing it, and without turning to food. That's my story for the day. How is everyone else doing?

ninepaw
09-08-2010, 02:47 AM
I've been hanging out at 230 for the last couple of days, which in reality I've been okay with since it's way better than the number going up like it did... Sure would be nice to see 229 in the morning though, so I don't have to adjust my ticker up! I've been behaving myself and really working on getting more exercise in. I'm super excited for this weekend when I run in my first ever 5K on Sunday with my mom! So freakin' stoked.

Rochester, I'm glad you had a nice little mini vacation! Sounds like you handles everything very well. Always good!

Dudesmom, it's a good thing that you didn't have too much in the house! From the sounds of it your indulgence was minimal, and that's great! As long as you're right back on track now, you're fine. :)

Shay
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm in!
SW: 224

I only weigh once a month and may cut back on that. I go by how my clothes fit.

starbrite
09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Golly Ninepaw, I have so been having your type of sitch with the scale. After the whoosh I bragged about, the three pounds went back on, then another two, and have been fighting my way back to 237. Sometimes I just can't fathom how this works. Soooooo still 38lbs to go !!

dudesmom
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Finally saw 243 on the scale today which means I've lost 25 lbs so far. Its been really slow going the last few weeks, but I'm still trying to hang in there. I know a lot of it has to do with my food choices, and I really need to learn how to say no.

Rochester
09-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Today isn't my official weigh-in day but I check periodically through the week just out of curiosity. (I know Diana understands that! ;) ) And I finally broke through the 221 wall!!!!! :dancer: I've been bouncing back and forth between 221 and 224 for what seems like forever, but today the scale said 220.6. I am beyond happy! :D

@Starbrite - Don't give up. The pounds will come off, slowly but surely!

@Dudesmom - Congrats on 25 lost! Woohoo! :carrot:

@Diana - Good luck at your 5K! :running:

starbrite
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks Rochester, it just seems those three pounds have been dogging me for a while now! Congrats on your success this week :)

ninepaw
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Starbrite, I'm sure we'll both come out of this sooner or later! Prefferably sooner, right? ;)

Myself, I actually finally got back to 229 today after a week and a half of irritation. I was happier with the first time I got on the scale and it said 228... But being me, I got on there a good 5 times or so, and any time after the first it was 229... See Rochester? Some things never change! :lol: But I'm happy to see 229 again... Especially since I was feeling like it was a fat day when I got up. You know what I mean? I just felt like I was gonna get on the scale and see a couple extra pounds or something.

Obviously I'm much happier with this outcome! :lol:

dudesmom
09-11-2010, 02:12 AM
The scale said 241.8 today, so I was very excited, but I don't know if that's just a tease or not. I'm pretty nervous about impending measurements! I decided to take my measurements once a month, and pictures too, and one month is up on the 14th. I know I've lost inches because I spot checked the other day, but I'm worried that when the official day comes, the inches will all have magically reappeared somehow, or there won't be any difference in the pictures. It's really ridiculous, I know, but I get these irrational fears sometimes! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ninepaw
09-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I had a little whoosh this morning! After finally being back at 229 yesterday morning I was really just hoping to see it again... Or lower. Lower is what I got! 227 this morning, and super happy! I was afraid that 229 was going to turn into the unbreakable wall... But here I am, 227(Technically 227.8, but I don't care!) and definitely happy!

Running my 5K tomorrow morning... :eek: I'm so excited and so can't get over the fact that I'm seriously going to do this! :D

dudesmom
09-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I weighed in at 242.8 today, so a 3.4 lb loss since the beginning of the challenge. Sucks because yesterday I was at 241.8, but that was after a day of rest, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Oh well, one day at a time, I guess.

Ninepaw- Have fun tomorrow!

Rochester
09-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Diana and Dudesmom, you're rockin' the weight loss! Way to go! :D My "official" weigh day is tomorrow...I've got my fingers crossed.

Today I took several bags of too-big clothes to Goodwill (which I meant to do several weeks ago). Wow, it felt awesome to say goodbye to all that stuff. And I got a 20% off store coupon for donating, so I got a bargain on replacements. I found four pairs of like-new corduroys (black, grey, navy, tan) that are just perfect - low rise, bootcut, heavy fabric. They are comfortable but snug (size 14!!!) so hopefully they will see me through most of the winter. A successful shopping trip makes a whole day brighter. :D

ninepaw
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Yay for donating too-big clothes! :D That must have been exciting, Rochester! And I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed for your weigh-in tomorrow! :D You already know my official weigh day is Wednesday... But I can't help but check in on a daily basis! ;)

I can't wait until I've shrunk down enough to warrant getting rid of big clothes... It will truly be a lovely event. :D

Rochester
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Officially 220.5! :carrot: I can see the 2-teens on the horizon....wheeee! :D

spixiet
09-12-2010, 10:19 PM
SW: 243.2

Gotta get more exercise in if I want to make it by then :tantrum:

If I make it, new dress for New Year's =)

starbrite
09-13-2010, 01:28 AM
237 - finally lost the three pounds that have been dogging me for two weeks! Lets hope for 236 or lower tomorrow :) . Have a great day everyone !!

dudesmom
09-14-2010, 03:47 AM
The scale is moving the wrong way for me. What could be causing it, you ask? Not enough water, crappy eating, way too much sodium. If only I could blame this stuff on someone else! Oh well, bad me, bad, bad!

ninepaw
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, my weight has been spazzy in a sort of fun way for the last five-ish days! Starting with the 10th, it's gone like this:

229-227-227-228-226!

I cannot even begin to express the excitement involved when I saw 226 on my scale this morning! And it was there all 3-4 times I stepped on it, too. ;) In my overall journey, that puts me at 40 freakin' pounds lost!!! I hope it sticks around tomorrow so I can change my ticker. :D SO STOKED! I'm 5 pounds away fom my halfway mark... How awesome is that!? I mean, there's a decent chance I'll be there by the 21st of this month, which will be the 5 month mark for me on this journey. That's halfway to my goal in less than half a year!!! EEK! :D And as far as this challenge is concerned, that's 4pounds lost in just a little over 2 weeks! I can so deal. That's like... PERFECT for my onederland goals!

Enough with the threadjacking Diana, gosh! :rolleyes: :lol:

Rochester
09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
@Diana - We started at almost the same time and you've lost double what I have! You ROCK! :cheer3:

@Dudesmom - Well, you know the cause, now you just have to fix it! ;)

@Starbrite - Woohoo! Congrats!

@Spixiet - Good luck!

Matilda08
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Im also hoovering around 229-231 and cant wait to be firmly into the 220s because at this point onderland is very well within reach for me. I really want to get there this year!

starbrite
09-15-2010, 01:29 AM
:cb::cb::cb: FINALLY 236! It has taken me two weeks to break that 237, what a two weeks- I thought I'd be there forever :D
Go girls, there are Christmas decorations in the shops....must get moving !!
Have a super day today, smile and show everyone how far you've all come
x

ninepaw
09-15-2010, 12:40 PM
It stayed!!! It really stayed!!! :D 226, for real! See that signature? Isn't it a beautiful, beautiful signature?? :rofl:

Seriously though, it was a happy moment when I got to change those tickers and add another little guy :goodscale to my lineup! Especially that, since it takes a little while to be able to add him in since I only go by 10 pounds. ;) I can't believe my overall goal ticker is SO close to the halfway mark!!! That's insane to me! Hahaha

So yesterday instead of our normal workout in Step Aerobics at school, we did the oh-so-fun fitness testing! Which for my class pretty much consisted of recording your weight, using a nifty little gadget to get your body fat % and BMI, sit and reach, and a step cardio thing where you took your pulse 1 minute after doing 3 minuts of stepping up and down over and over and over. This was actually a little entertaining for me, because I'd done it before a couple of semesters ago when I took swimming. The biggest thing I really noticed was with the 3 minute step test - Last time I did it I had some issues, couldn't really keep my pace, was pretty out of breath... This time I absolutely kept up with the pace, and I definitely rocked it! My pulse 1 minute after when I took it for ten seconds was 22... Which is 132 beats per minute. Not great, but I'm sure it's better than what I did last time.

The little gadget told me that my body fat percentage was freakin' 40%. Seemed like a really high number to me, but I guess it makes sense! Definitely got me wondering what it had been last time... But I really have no idea. I'm looking forward to the end of the semester, though, when we do it again to see if anything has changed! :D Because that will be in November or December, and we all know where I'm trying to head...

One thing that really made me laugh: My instructor was looking over my stuff and told me she thought it would be a good goal for me to lose 9 pounds this semester. I just kind of nodded, but I was definitely laughing inwardly. 9 pounds in 3ish months? I'm 99% sure I can do better than that. ;) I leave the 1% off because I know stranger things have happened to people in weight loss!

I'm just loving the long winded crazy posts these days, aren't I?? Shutting up now! :lol:

Rochester
09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
It stayed!!! It really stayed!!! :D 226, for real! See that signature? Isn't it a beautiful, beautiful signature?? :rofl:

:bravo:

starbrite
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Whoop, whoop Ninepaw - you go girl!! Scale showed 235 bang on this morning - finally going back down - Yay !!

Rochester
09-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Whoop, whoop Ninepaw - you go girl!! Scale showed 235 bang on this morning - finally going back down - Yay !!

Woot! :carrot:

I cannot wait for my "official" weigh-in on Sunday because my scale has been my bff all week long! :D Hello 2-teens I love you! :hug:

This has just been an easy week...no struggles staying on plan with food, not tempted by naughty foods, no aches and tiredness to make me not want to exercise. Oh, if every week could be like this. ;)

starbrite
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Rochester - the support is super :)
I'm sure you will have good things to shout about on sunday !

ninepaw
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I cannot wait for my "official" weigh-in on Sunday because my scale has been my bff all week long! :D Hello 2-teens I love you! :hug:

This has just been an easy week...no struggles staying on plan with food, not tempted by naughty foods, no aches and tiredness to make me not want to exercise. Oh, if every week could be like this. ;)

You know that weigh-in will be super stellar! :D I'm a bit envious of your two-twwns, but I'll catch ya sooner or later! :lol: Whenever 226 decides to give way to lower numbers. ;) Just biding it's time...

I SO didn't wanna run when I first got up this morning. So much so that I got up, went pee, weighed myself, and got back in bed so I could just lay there and play with my phone while I debated the pros and cons of not running.

All I want to say is... I kicked my butt into gear and went out and did my exercise! It felt great, too! :carrot:

dudesmom
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Has anyone else experienced sensitivity to temperature as they lose weight? I have been freezing lately, and not just my extremities. It's not all the time, mostly when I'm sedentary, I just end up getting really cold. I'm curious if it's just my body being weird or if this is something that happens when losing weight.

starbrite
09-18-2010, 03:51 AM
I am always freezing, indeed more so now I've lost weight.But I think it has more to do with being very active most of the time, and then stopping moving, because I feel cold in the evenings and have to get a cuddle from someone and a blanket to keep me warm !!! :hug:

Rochester
09-19-2010, 09:26 AM
217.8!!!!!!!!!! :flow1: I lost 2.7 pounds this week! I feel so whooshy! :D

starbrite
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
whoop, whoop - doing the happy dance !! WTG Rochester :)

ninepaw
09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Woo-hoo Rochester!!! :D Whooshes are the best!

I am officially bored of 226, and would be happy if my weight would proceed to move down some! Seriously though. Six days. I do realize that this isn't the worst 'bout of stuckedness ever, but it bugs the crap out of me! UGH.

lilmomma2011
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Hope its not too late to join, I have been so depressed about my weight gain, so I just would eat more, then I would become more depressed, I hate this cycle. So this weekend I decided that the pity party is over! My 20 year class reunion is coming up next year I have a vacation to Jamaica in the summer of 2011, and I know I can do this!! So again I hope its not too late!!

Matilda08
09-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Im still hoovering around 229-230 hoping to at least see a whoosh tomorrow to put me at 228 at least which would be a new low for me.

starbrite
09-22-2010, 08:15 AM
231 - God I'm fed up with the 230's - hoping for below that this week. Hope you are all having a good week :)

shamrockin32
09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I sooo want to participate.

SW: 253
GW: 195

ninepaw
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
It's been 4 days since I last posted here... It's like a new record or something! Weird. There really wasn't a whole lot to say about those 4 days, though. Little fluctuation, today I was down to 225... And that's pretty mcuh all there is of interest with me! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Rochester
09-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Weigh in day! 216.9. Down not quite a pound from 217.8. Still on track for Onederland. Nothing very fun and exciting to report. Just a good week staying on plan.

Hope everybody has had a successful week. 13 weeks 'til Christmas! :tree:

starbrite
09-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Noooooooooo........... only 13 weeks left? 31 lbs in 13 weeks doesn't seem possible now! Must move more (dance, bounce, run, jump !!) :D
Scale seems to be ganging up against me at the moment. Feel like I should stay away from the little b*gger !!
Have a great week everyone x

ninepaw
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
26 more pounds in 13 weeks... Definitely requires 2 pounds a week. Definitely not sure that my weight will cooperate with that. Granted it might be more willing if I could figure out where my gung-ho attitude went... I've been feeling pretty "Eh" about all this lately, which isn't to say I've reverted back to my old eating habits or anything... I've just been a little less mindful, a little less interested in exercising, and just kind of overall lacking my previous enthusiasm for this. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm ALMOST halfway there. Almost. But maybe I'll just go with slow and steady for a little bit. Perhaps then I could build my motivation back or something. I have no idea, I'm just so... Blah!

dudesmom
09-26-2010, 02:06 PM
236.2 for me today, don't think that I'll be making my onederland by Christmas goal but I'm not going to let that discourage me. I've been good for a whole week now, even though there are days that I REALLY don't want to be! The time will come soon enough though. Have a great weekend all!

Rochester
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Starbrite, Diana, and Dudesmom - Don't give up! Even if you don't make it to Onederland, you'll at least be closer than you are today! :hug:

@Diana - I think sometimes our brain just needs a break, or something. As long as you're not wildly off plan, just accept that your enthusiasm went on vacation...and anticipate it's soon return. :D I know my whole journey is very cyclic. Some weeks I'm über excited about it, and other weeks I'm just like "Oh, this again." I just roll with it. :cool:

VickieLou
09-27-2010, 09:50 AM
How is everyone doing today? Great I Hope. It's been a hectic month between Labor Day weekend, my birthday and two weeks vacation. I'm only down 1 LB for the month. Hope to do better next month.

starbrite
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Girls, it will get better. Like Rochester says, this is a cyclical process - we have to roll with the punches and keep going. We can do it ! I have had the most horrendous TOM this month - never normally like this. I read an article today that people who do very low carb diets can have hormonal imbalances, so I'm kind of wondering whether it might be related.
I'm still determined, but the losses are just so random, and unexpected. I have started to chart each weight and am looking for a pattern, but can't really see one :) Ho hum. Keep on trucking !!

Matilda08
09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Hit a new low today 226.0 onederland is very well within reach!!!!!

Lets do this ladies!

Rochester
09-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Hit a new low today 226.0 onederland is very well within reach!!!!!

:broc:

starbrite
09-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Hey Matilda thats great :)
I'm hovering still at 230, sooooooo desperate to get under 230! Right now I'd settle for in the 220's by Christmas as the 230's have been so difficult !!

Rochester
10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
My personal official weigh-in day isn't until Sunday, but right now I'm participating in a blog challenge that requires a Friday morning weigh-in. I was so happy today that I changed my ticker even though I still have 2 days before I "should have" done so. 215.8! I wanted to kiss the scale :lol:. There was something so momentous about seeing 215. And I only have .8 to go to be at 25# lost and one-third of the way to goal. Onederland seems doable, not just a distant dream. :)

Hope everybody is having a skinny healthy happy week! :hug:

starbrite
10-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Go Rochester, Go !!:carrot:
Small victory today 228 - finally broke those 230's which appear to have been dogging me for weeks :)
Very happy because it also marks 70lbs lost.
I am beginning to believe the Christmas challenge is in sight again.
Have a great weekend :hug:

dudesmom
10-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Rochester-awesome!

starbrite-congrats on breaking out of the 230's and also hitting the 70 lb mark, great job!

I weighed in at 232.4 today. Started Phase II of Fat Smash, so I get to eat more variety of stuff, and I think my overall calories has gone up and the shock of it is just making the weight fall off!

Rochester
10-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Today's "official" weigh-in is not much different than Friday's. I'm now at 215.2 (a loss of 1.7 for the week). I'm this close to the 25# lost mark! :carrot:

@Starbrite - Congrats on making it to 228. Woohoo! :D

@Dudesmom - Good luck with the diet and continued loss.

ninepaw
10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Heyyy guys. :) I'm still around, just haven't really had a whole lot to say. I do like to pop in and check on you guys though, and I'm happy to see you all seem to be doing well!

I'm still in my strange place of no motivation and whatnot, but I'm also still maintaining my weight so that's definitely good. I'm still thinking about everything a ton, so hopefully something gives soon. I'm very excited that it seems like fall weather may finally actually be here for good now in my little corner of the world, but I don't know if that's going to help or hinder my efforts to get back on track.

Maybe I should just kick my own butt and make myself go out for a run right now... Even just a quick 20 minutes or something would be better than I've been doing. Hmm... I'll let you know if I ever get up and do it. ;) Keep movin' along everyone! There are, according to the math I just did, 82 days until Christmas! When did that happen??

Rochester
10-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Is anyone still doing this challenge? :dunno:

I had a crazy week with weight loss.

Sunday - 215.2
Tuesday - 215.0 (The 25# loss milestone! :carrot:)
Wednesday & Thursday I was sick. No exercises and too many mugs of tea with honey, lemon, and bourbon. :o
Friday - 216.6 :eek:
Today - 214.2

Regardless of the wackiness, I am closer to Onederland. :D

dudesmom
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm still here, just had my head in my butt!!! You have been all over the board with the weight loss, but that Saturday number looks great! It definitely looks like you'll be in that winter onederland you're working for!

starbrite
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
You betcha, still here !! Down to 226 - got to go some to make it, but I'm sure trying !! :dancer:

ish
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Is it too late to join in on this? This is my personal challenge exactly!

I officially started trying to lose weight this week, at 220 pounds, and I'm hoping I can make 199 as of Christmas eve. I have a trip planned for the week of Christmas/ New Years so I have some great motivation.

Start: about 218
Goal: 199

If this is realistic I'm all in!

VickieLou
10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I started this challenge but not even to the SW: 243.8. But hope to be back to at least GW: 220. CW: 245.2 Good Luck, Everyone!

:badbat: :haphal: :witch: :ghost:

Rochester
10-17-2010, 07:30 AM

14.4# to go in 10 weeks. The pressure is on! :eek:

Glad some folks are also still working toward this goal. Good luck. :)

ish
10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Oct. 11 Start: 220
Current: 214

Six pounds down these past week and a bit, but this is also the very beginning of my weight loss. Things may slows down. I still believe I can do this!

P.S. - Hello again, Rochester :)

starbrite
10-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Hey gang - still going strong down 10lbs this month, just 20 to go ......in ten weeks :) Here's hoping !!

ish
10-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Great work, Starbrite! 10 pounds already this month is very impressive.

Keep up the good work, you can do it!

Rochester
10-23-2010, 08:17 AM
My "official" weigh-in day would be tomorrow, but I'm posting early because I have a 5K race in the morning and I'm leaving the house at oh-dark-thirty. Besides, I've had an awesome case of the whooshies this week and I'm excited about posting my weigh-in. :D

Oct 24
213.4/-3.2/210.2

Wheeeeeee! :dancer:

11.2# in 9 weeks to make goal. If my body continues to cooperate, I could get there earlier than deadline! :eek:

Starbrite, great job on your loss! And good luck to everyone who is still working on this challenge! :)

ish
10-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, that's awesome Rochester! You're well on your way. Good luck on the 5k!

Oct 11 start: 220
Current: 211

I've lost this first 9 pounds (of water weight) in two weeks. Well, it will be two weeks tomorrow. Maybe I need a new scale? I feel like this is too easy to be true and I know it won't continue this way. Regardless I'm just hoping it sticks!

Matilda08
10-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Would love to make it but Im not sure at this point. Oct was a bad month for me and at this point Im not sure how much ill lose in the next two months but being 14lbs lighter would be great. That would put me at 212.

starbrite
10-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Going for it now girls - 19 lbs before Christmas!

fractal
10-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Joining, too! As of today: back to 210.5 (95.5) but it is TOM and hopefully the water weight will go in a couple of days. Mini-goal: under 200.
Back on Dukan now, and doing toning tables, treadmill and resistance bands.
Good luck, all!

ish
10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Okay, so, 19 pounds in less than 8 weeks? I had some issues with my scale and it turns out I started out at a higher weight than I realized.

Not sure if this is truly doable anymore, but I'm going to try.

Rochester
11-07-2010, 07:58 AM
212.4/-3.5/208.9

Only 7 more weeks. :eek: Good luck everybody! :)

Queenbee1
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm in!!!
Sw 225
Gw 199

Good luck all!!

starbrite
11-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Ok down to 213 - 14 lbs to go in the 42 days that are left !! Hope you are all still hanging in there :)

starbrite
11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Ok I'm the only one then..... down to 208.8 - I'm going to do this !! Where are the est of you gals?

Rochester
11-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Starbrite! :wave: Looks like you are well on your way to making goal....way to go! :cheer2:

I had a few bad weeks but I'm back on track. Not sure I'm going to quite make it by Christmas, but hopefully it will be close.

VickieLou
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
:turkey: :happ3: :thanks2: :thanks1:

I started this Challege back in July. Yesterday I finally got back to the sw for this challege. SW: 243.8 Good Luck Everyone!

CW: 241.6 (-2.2)

Macomom
11-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Hello,

Can I jump on too? :)
I have set my sights on 199 by Christmas. That is a total loss of 8 pounds, but more importantly putting me into Onderland! (hooray!)

VickieLou
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
:gift2: :snow4: :snowfight :clause: :mrsclaus: :hohoho:

Everyone is Welcome! Good Luck, Everyone! How is everyone doing?

CW: 241.6 (-2.2)

I'm not going to reach my goal weight. But any weight I lose will be good.
Just glad to be losing again.

starbrite
11-27-2010, 05:39 PM
207.9 - I'm still hopeful !!

Aislin
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I didn't see this last week! I started my own little mini goal but if you don't mind I'd like to join in here too.

SW - 212
CW - 210
GW - 199

VickieLou
12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
How is Everyone Doing? Only 2 more weeks until Christmas. I'm not going to make my goal. So I will be starting another challenge for Onderland by Easter April 24, 2011. Good Luck Everyone!

My weight has finally gone down some more.

CW: 238.8 (-5)

:clause: :mrsclaus: :ginger: :tree:

starbrite
12-11-2010, 12:48 PM
204.1 - Yippee - come on Onederland !! Hope you are all getting to the place you all want to be x

VickieLou
12-16-2010, 04:31 PM
There are some of you are almost to Onederland! Good Luck, Everyone!
I'm not going to reach it. But will take any weight loss I can get.

CW: 236.6 (-7.2)

I started a new challenge Onderland by Easter. If anyone would like to join.

:clause: :mrsclaus: :ginger: :tree:

VickieLou
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I didn't reach my GW: 199. But I lost some weight -5.4. For December that is Great.

CW: 238.4 (-5.4)

I started a new Challenge. Onderland by Easter Challenge (April 24th). If anyone would like to join.