South Beach Diet - Non-Fat Plain Yogurt

View Full Version : Non-Fat Plain Yogurt

LindsaysMommy
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Any suggestions on how to make it taste better? Please help. ;)

Fat Melanie
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Stir in some vanilla flavoring and a little splenda.

Stir in some cocoa powder and a little splenda.

On Phase 2, stir in some fruits.

zeffryn
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
my favorite on p1 -- and still to this day, actually -- was plain, fat-free greek yogurt (but regular works fine too), cinnamon and splenda. I still eat it all the time and I'm far beyond p1.

I usually eat non-fat plain greek yogurt daily, now. Sometimes, if I have it for breakfast, I'll add a handful of blueberries and a few chopped almonds. If it is a snack, I'll usually just stick with cinnamon and sweetener.

beth0811
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I use vanilla or almond extract, splenda, cocoa or:

mix it with crystal light lemon or lime powder

I eat the greek 0%, find it very creamy

LindsaysMommy
07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Is the greek yogurt less bitter? :df:

zeffryn
07-27-2010, 04:55 PM
it's still very tangy...i wouldn't really classify any plain yogurt as bitter?

Fat Melanie
07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I am using fat-free Greek yogurt and it is wonderful & creamy. I just started using it for the first time a few days ago and I'm very pleased with it. I mixed in purple/red grapes and it's a delicious sweet treat. I did mix in a bit of vanilla and a tiny bit of splenda yesterday. It was "OMG" good, seriously.

murphmitch
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Vanilla, splenda, cinnamon & a little SF caramel syrup (like the kind you flavor cappucino with-DaVinci etc.)

zeffryn
07-27-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm eating Melanie's greek yogurt, splenda and red grapes right now. She's right, it's great!

RiverGirl
07-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I like mine mixed with any crystal lite flavour (tho lemon is my fav.)
as for how much, my suggestion is add a little at a time, and taste as you go (especially since if you add to much, its a tad nasty.... but the right amount is perfectly delish!)

chouchoubou
07-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Lindsay if you think its "bitter" (i think you mean tangy/tart) maybe you can try to find Chobani Brand of Fat free greek yogurt. It's pretty bland on the scale of plain yogurts as far as I'm concerned. I happen to love the tang of true yogurt myself :)

I have found wonderful extracts/aromas to make my plain yogurt more interesting.
Chocolate extract
Orange extract
Coconut extract (my favorite)
Imitation Rum (added with sprinkes of cinnamon/ginger)
Almond Extract
Strawberry extract
Sprinkle of Cardamom (it's strong like ginger)
I could go on...extracts can be really helpful and they don't add dreaded calories.

All of these I add a sprinkle of stevia/splenda too to sweeten.