WW Clubs and Groups - #235 Bale of Turtles Getting Through the Heat!

Itryharder
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

KimL1214
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Princess1122~ Nothing really new here. I think your heat is headed in our direction! Back on the meds and hoping to feel better soon!

bandit2~ I'm still stuck on only having sweet potato fries, how do you cook your sweet potatoes?

Itryharder~ Good to hear that the hives are finally disappearing! 6lbs. is awesome! I also agree that the hives must have had something to do with some water retention. We're looking at some serious heat moving our way starting today and going through the majority of the week.

TOM is kicking my butt right now. I just want to sleep all the time and eat every piece of chocolate I see (I only like chocolate during this time of the month, can't stand it any other day). My friend who has been in all the trouble is back in the state, so I got to see her yesterday which was exciting. This is looking more and more like it's going to be a legal battle that goes on for years, but seeing as how what really happened has come out, and they are STILL going after her even though they know she didn't do anything... Gonna be one heck of a lawsuit when this is said and done, and I hope she gets so much that she is set for life. Sorry, some ranting.

I picked some cucumbers out of the garden this morning for lunch today. I'm going to put them on my yummy fiber wheat wrap with some low fat roasted red pepper cream cheese I made. I love days when I can be excited for lunch!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

bandit2
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - when we have bingo we can bring guests for that time only (other than our yearly open house) We play .25/per card per game and we each bring in a gift for the winners table. Then last game we pay $1/card for the jackpot and 1/2 goes to winner & 1/2 to chapter. We average about $125 for the club which is a easy fun way to raise money. Always a big hit with our club.

Kim - With the sweet potatoes I sometimes make fries, or bake and top with abit of sour cream, or roast in oven with other root veggies with alittle oil.
I chop up leftover baked ones & put cold in my salad (very good)

Going to movies tonight with my ladies group & that means popcorn for dinner
(I know I don't HAVE to have that, but not having popcorn at movies is very hard to do - did that a few times, with taking my own pretzels & survived)
But I now have the extra day before my weigh in to "flush out all the salt"
so hoping that will be OK. Will see on Thurs at weigh in.

Judy - hope you are doing even better today with those hives.

Nice sunny day up here - getting hotter by the minute, so will be nice to sit in cool theatre tonight.

Have a great day.

Itryharder
07-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Turtles,
KimL, your friend is caught in the "system" and it's sounding pretty horrible. I'm wishing her well for a good outcome. By the way, your roasted pepper cream cheese is inspired! I'm going to make some for myself. I have ff cream cheese and roasted red peppers right in my fridge and it sounds like a great start to a lunch. Here's to your getting through TOM and the chocolate :balloons: and :bravo:

Bandit, have a great time at the movies. Last time dh and I went to see Inception I brought my own popcorn (I know they frown on that-----but I paid $5 for a diet Coke, so I can justify it LOL) It's no where as good as the movie popcorn, but I like the point difference. Your TOPS group sounds good.

All goes well here. I picked up my grandson this morning and he's ready for his "sleepover". We'll see since he's come for a visit like this before and he can't quite make it. Hopefully now that he's a little older, he'll be able to settle in and get through the night. My hives are better, but not gone. I'm hoping for the best. You've all been great. The weight is pouring off me-----how weird-----so I hope the hives don't come back.

Princess, glad you didn't have to go to ballpark in this heat. We've just been invited to dinner on Sunday afternoon and I know they don't have air conditioners. Oh dear----well, I'll have to do my best. Boy, I sound spoiled, but I can't take the heat. I never complain about the cold because I really like it, but the heat is hard for me to take. Maybe I can get a :swim: in before the party.

Talk soon.
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower and closer to goal :cool:

Princess1122
07-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Good morning Turtles! Happy Wednesday!

I got in another walk at lunch yesterday and then did another 1.5 miles on the treadmill while supper was cooking so over all I have gotten in 2.5 miles per day this week. Tonight I am going to catch a water aerobics class at the gym and will walk on my lunch hour again.

Super hot here with humidity so thick you can actually see it, the air just filled with water. Garden is chugging along, I cooked up the green beans that I had picked over the weekend, they we very good with crockpot chicken and boiled red potatoes last night.

I have not tried any new recipes lately, it is just too hot to get creative... LOL. Looking forward to my TOPS meeting tomorrow although the scale is not doing much the exercise feels good and that is what matters to me right now... a little something from the scale would be nice too, I won't lie! LOL

Bandit: Thanks for the bingo info! I am going to suggest it at this weeks meeting. How is the heat treating you?

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I am eager to see how you do... I am so excited for you!

Kim: Glad to hear that your friend is getting a bit better although it does sound like a long road for them.

Tessa: How are you doing? So how many horses do you have?

Cherry: Hope you are hanging in there!

Have to run... back later on!

KimL1214
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Princess1122~ Great job getting your walks in!!! The heat is definitely suffocating!

Itryharder~ Did you try the cream cheese? I also live to add some garlic in it as well. How did the sleepover go?

bandit2~ How was the movie? I really like the idea of adding sweet potatoes into a salad!

Last night was a little rough with some big parties showing up really late and just before our closing time, so I was there really late. I didn't even get home until 11. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I don't have to work at both school and the restaurant.
I didn't come well prepared for lunch today, so I have to count on the lunch here being somewhat healthy. The woman in charge of the summer school lunches is super health oriented and very conscious of using organic, local foods, so there is always something with every lunch I could have. I did however bring some baked tostitos and my homemade black bean and corn salsa. Super high in fiber and AMAZINGLY yummy. I tried it with celery and carrots last night, which was surprisingly good as well!
Happy Hump Day!!!

CherryAutumn
07-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi ladies! I have been reading everyones posts. Looks like everyone is doing fairly good this week. Weigh in this morning was 239.8. That is down -0.8 since last week. I guess that is pretty good since TOM is here this week.

Kim- TOM is kicking my butt to. I am sooooooooo tired and i am struggling with the emotional eating.

Princess- Humidity is bad here to. Heat index has been in the triple digits for over a week. This weight is killing me. As soon as i walk into this heat i feel like i cant breath.

Judy- So excited that getting your hives to start going away has helped so much with your weightloss, plus all that exercise. Cant wait to hear how your weigh in went.:carrot:

Bandit- Sounds like you had a fun time. How was your evening at the theatre?

LinS- How are you doing this week?:hug:

Itryharder
07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi Turtles,
I am so excited!!!!! :goodscale: Getting on top of my hives (at least for now) allowed me to finally lose weight this week to the tune of 7.8#. :bravo: :balloons: :tread: I also got my 50# down ring for my keychain. Yay! I am so excited.

Cherry, losing weight at TOM is amazing! Give yourself a pat on the back!
:goodscale:

I've gotta run, but I just had to share my good news.
JUdy
234.6/182.8/179and closer to goal. (I hope this next goal is reached quicker than my last one!!!!!) :cool: I will *never* see 190# on the scale again.

bandit2
07-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - Fabulous news, you rock! That is truly amazing - you must be so excited about that - I can't stop smiling!

Princess - you are doing such a great job with your exercise and that will make such a differance at the scales, keep it going!

Kim - Seen Grownups at the movies & it was very funny, abit silly in parts but good fun evening with the girls & of course popcorn for dinner is always a treat. But I will probably pay for that tomorrow at the scales.

Cherry - Nice to see you posting and have good results at the scales.
Baby steps gets us places we want to be, so good for you!

Was pouring rain up here this a.m. - but the grass/flowers definately need it.
I can't remember having such a hot summer, but the next few days are suppose to be sunny and abit cooler, which will be really nice.

Long weekend coming up, so extra long for me with having Friday off as well.
Will be nice having 4 days off.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Princess1122
07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Morning everyone! Happy Thursday to you all! Tomorrow is Friday... happy dance!

I went to my Aqua Fit class last night... first time at this gym and it was a very active class! The instructor was was a very young, very skinny, extremely peppy Brazilain girl that I think used to be a drill sargent! LOL... not really but she sure could have been! It was great, the water was super cold when I first got in but soon warmed up as we started working out. Will try and do that on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays moving forward... it will give me a nice break from walking.

The scale is not moving... not one little bit! W/I is tonight so we will see how it goes.

Judy!!!!!! How cool was your W/I!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! A huge congrats!

Bandit: Enjoy your long weekend... I just love those! I don't get many at all as I am a contractor here so don't get paid for time off but I love them when we do get them!!! Good luck at W/I tonight... The movie with the girls sounds fabulous... I love those kinds of evenings.

Cherry: Great job!!!! A loss with your TOM is outstanding!

Kim: Sounds like you are doing pretty good and I am super glad to hear that! Eating is a challenge when you lack the prep time to pack your own, I struggle with that too from time to time but it sounds like you did really well!

Tessa: How are you doing?

KimL1214
07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Princess1122~ No prep time yesterday either, so I stopped at the grocery store early this morning and grabbed some fresh veggies and a SmartOne. Your Aqua fit class sounds really neat, I'm looking for similar classes around here, but have yet to find one..

bandit2~ My friend and I are going to see Grown Ups and Eclipse at the Drive-In tomorrow night. I'm psyched that we're going to the drive in, because I can bring lots of yummy, healthy, but evil, snacks of my own. Do you have any plans for your long weekend?

Itryharder~ I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations on being so close to 50#!!!

CherryAutumn~ o.8 is awesome for a TOM week! I'll be surprised if I don't show a gain at the beginning of next week.

Clever Tessa~ How are you doing? The rabbits haven't eaten you have they? I have a psycho cat, I can send her your way for a weekend if you want her to wipe out the population for you, or better yet, my Mom's husky would have a field day eating rabbits for a few days!

Super busy at the restaurant again last night. I definitely got in a walking and lifting workout while I was there. Only had one pain table, which is unusual as there are usually at least 2 or 3 a night. They were super demanding with this one little girl who was maybe 8 or 9, and I kid you not, pushing 140-150lbs. She wanted an adult sized meal with a double cheeseburger and fries along with an adult size sundae. Our burgers are 2/3lb. single patties, and we include at least 3/4-1lb. of fries... she complained there weren't enough fries... The adult sized sundae is 3 scoops, again complained it was too small. I ran back and forth to them for over an hour, $100 check, got a $7 tip. Sad part is, I guessed I would only get $5. It's really frustrating to work so hard to give someone a good experience at the restaurant and then basically have them slap you in the face when they leave and leave a measly tip. Sorry, venting...
So I stopped at the grocery store this morning as I didn't have time to plan AGAIN, and got a bunch of cucumbers, carrots, LF cream Cheese and a Smart One. I already had a wrap in my bag that I grabbed this morning, so I think I'll make a cucumber and cream cheese wrap with some carrots on the side and maybe save the Smart One for tomorrow, or do vice versa... not sure what I'm in the mood for right now...
Happy Thursday!!! Week is ALMOST over! Tomorrow is the last day of summer school!!!

CherryAutumn
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Kim- That is so sad about that little girl. I try so hard not to rub off on my little girl who is 5 but i know that i do. I want to be a good example. Your wraps always sound so good. What kind of cream cheese do you use? Is it light?

Princess- Hoping you will get a good weigh in tonight.:hug: Let us know how it goes. That Aqua Fit sounds fun. Especially with this heat.

Judy- WhooHoo!:carrot::carrot: What a great weigh in. Looks like you are so close to the 170's. Oh how i wish I was at that number to.:^: Guess i got to work for it huh.

Bandit- Hope you have a great 4 day weekend. Also thanks for the encouragement.

LinS and Tessa- How's it going ladies? Hope your staying cool and staying healthy.

Lets Keep on Keepin on.:cool:

bandit2
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in. I feel I will be up tonight - I had movie popcorn but then of course, overdid it yesterday as well.
And a long weekend coming up - but will have to get in more exercise and limit my snacks even with having company.

Kim - I am heading up to the lake for the weekend. We have a trailer up there that sleeps 6 and has all the comforts of home as well as A/C - so nice to be up there.

Judy/Cherry/Lin/Tessa - hope you all have a great week and good luck at the scales.

KimL1214
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
CherryAutumn~ I use a fat free cream cheese and also use some fat free cool whip, makes more and makes it very light and creamy. I put so many roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in it that just a little teaspoon is plenty of flavor. I'll write everything down and post it next time I make it.

bandit2~ Sounds like a great weekend! Have Fun!!!

Clever Tessa
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Howdy Turtles!

Yeah, MIA again.... see what happens when I'm in the office by myself? :faint: I've got horse and dog duty again - my Mom just left for the mountains with her friends and one of the horses. *I* don't have horses - they're all hers. All four of them... Her "wild boy", Paisley, is my favorite - he was in one of the wild horse round-ups and was adopted straight from the desert about 6 or 7 years ago now. He is broke now, but he's still just fascinated by humans. He watches us do *everything*. And there's the pups too, one old man mutt and a 2 year old 100 pound Chocolate Lab "puppy".

Speaking of the puppy - I'm tempted to tie him to the side of the deck to see what the rabbits think of him! :devil: I did check the holes over the weekend and sure 'nuff, they DO dead end into undisturbed chicken wire. So, bunny drama actually may be over. :crossed:

Weighed in on Tuesday and was down 3.4 bringing my total since starting at WW to 16.2. :carrot: Feelin' dang good. Was also surprised to hear that I'm less than 6 pounds from my first 10%. :spin:

Of course, I'm leaving for CA next Thursday to spend a few days with my best friend (and her kids, 19 year old daughter who's still not quite turned back to human after puberty hit her a few years ago, and a 4 year old son who's just so stinkin' cute, but is also, well, :dizzy: 4 years old).
Her house is always a little bit of a challenge because her husband is an *amazing* cook and their meals, are, well, different than what I'm used to (i.e. croissants with Nutella for breakfast....), but I'll do what I usually do and control my own breakfast and usually lunch. So the wild and wonderful dinners her hubby makes won't be catastrophic for my next weigh in! They've also got a pool so I'll get some swimming in. :swim:

Judy - wow.... so I wonder if it was the Neutrogena that got you too. I actually called the company and they seemed actually concerned. I was transferred over to a medical department and she asked for my Dr.'s name and number, the dosage and time I'd be on Prednisone and gave me a case number. Kinda interesting. I'm SO glad you're feeling better!!!!!

Kim - ok, so much to touch on - oh yeah, you need to post that red pepper cream cheese recipe 'cuz that sounds delish! I'm with ya on the depression and meds. I was put on Welbutrin for SAD 3 years ago and can't get off it now - it's a VERY unpleasant feeling, emotionally. So, Dr. said just stay on it year 'round. Hope you're feeling more yourself soon! And yes, the story about the kid broke my heart too. So sad.... You'd assume by now parents would know better??? Heart disease doesn't just miraculously appear at 50 or 70 years of age, it builds over time. Even on 9 year olds.

Princess - SERIOUSLY??? TOPS is raising money by selling cookie dough? Huh... not sure what to say about that! :dz: Jazzercise... well, it was a great workout - but the location was a definite no-go. Besides the fact that it's carpeted (carpet!!!!), it's in a strip mall, between two bars (guess what it smells like inside the Jazzercise room?) and the best part was that there was no window covering so the barflys could just stand there, have their smoke and watch us. Nah, I think not! So now I'm checking out the gym my Mom goes to - they have Zumba, kick boxing and other cool classes - AND it's $11 less a month than Jazzercise AND I'd have the whole gym at my disposal. Seems pretty no-brainer. :D

Bandit - enjoy that rain! We could use some that doesn't involve lightning... Hope it cools down for you guys up there soon!

Cherry - :cp: for the TOM loss! That's a real feat!

Ok, better wrap up or I'm going to have to find a publishing company... Have an excellent Turtle filled (and :bunny: free) weekend all!

Tessa

Princess1122
07-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Morning all and happy Friday!

W/I went well last night... I was down 1.8 lbs... I will take that! The exercise is starting to pay off now I just need to keep at it! I have a ton of work to do today so I have to jump off of here but I did read everyone's post I just don't have time to respond to each of them. I will get back on line over lunch and try and do that.

Have a great day everyone!

KimL1214
07-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Clever Tessa~ I think it would be hilarious if you put the chocolate lab out there for a night, he might get a really delicious snack! Sounds like you are super busy, but your upcoming trip sounds like something to really look forward to! Unfortunately I see a lot of kids like that at the restaurant.

Princess1122~ Congrats on the LOSS!!!

So Texas Roadhouse is now officially off my list of restaurants to go unprepared to. Not that I should go unprepared to any restaurant, but this one really kind of kicked me in the butt. I went with my friend who has really been struggling with all the BS going on in her life right now, and she is eating anything and everything in front of her.
On a lighter note! Today is the last day of summer school!!! I'm super excited!!!

Clever Tessa
07-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Happy Friday!!!!! :carrot:

Princess, congrats on the loss! :bravo:

Kim, isn't that Texas Roadhouse the place that has the 5 pound slab o' beef challenge or something like that? Ew. Sorry to hear about your friend... I understand the knee jerk reaction to just eat - but we all know it just adds to the problems. :\ Enjoy your last day of summer school!!!! :write:

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll try to check in one more time before I head to Cali (why does LL Cool J go through my head every stinkin' time?) :carrot: :jig: Goin' back to Cali, Cali, goin' back to Cali, yeah, I don't think so... :dance: :dancer:

Ok, enough from me!

Tessa

Itryharder
07-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Turtles,
I keep reading everybody's posts and it's so encouraging! :dancer: :dance: Many thanks for being so enthusiastic about my :goodscale: I have been trying so hard for so long, and I finally saw the results on the scale. I know you know how great this feels.

KimL, It's great how with no time to plan and prepare you're still selecting veggies and smart food on the run. :bravo: Weigh to go! I am making your cream cheese and roasted pepper mix for part of my lunch. I think I'll put it on bread and have some garbanzos thrown in for good measure. That and a small salad should be yummy. :chef:
Boy, could I relate to your big party, small tip message. What a rotten thing to do to you. My dh and I always tip well----partly because he's such a nice guy and partly beacause I used to waitress while I was going to school. That big little girl made my heart break. Sounds like she's headed for trouble if an adult doesn't help her reevaluate what she's doing. Ugh. Congrats on your last day of summer school. Things should lighten up a bit for you now!!!! :swim: :tread: :carrot:

Princess, :goodscale: isn't it weird that you thought the scale wasn't budging and you actually had a great loss? :bravo: :balloons: :carrot:
You're doing great! I like the idea of Aqua Fit exercise. So funny that your leader could be a drill sergeant! So glad you found an exercise that will allow you to respect your neck and still be enough to nudge the weight off! Smart move. :swim: You know, I've been using my crockpot too. I have made the shrimp jambalaya several times and I made a dish of red cabbage and pork chops that I would usually have in the fall, but it seemed good for now------since I'm the only one who eats like that, I get loads of meals out of it.

Cherry, look at you!!!!! You're doing great! :goodscale: You're down 12# and keeping on going. WEigh to go! :bravo:

Bandit, sounds like you'll have a wonderful long weekend. I admire the way you work on your weight while you have such a busy social life. :balloons: A lake and A/C seem just the ticket right now.

Tessa, RIP bunny saga! I hope your trial with those danged rabbits is over for good. I mean it made great reading for us, but couldn't have been fun to live through. Interesting location for a Jazzercise spot. I'm glad you're looking into something else. You had a fabulous weight loss and are so close to 10% Weigh to go! WE're all pulling for you. :goodscale: Have fun with your friends and your friend's dh's cooking. :chef: You're smart to have the two meals under your control and then use your judgement on the dinners. Smart planning.

MY hives are a little better today. I am going to try real hard not to mention them any more except when they finally leave. Since I've had them before in my life, I'm figuring they are cyclical and will go away when they are good and ready. My dh did some internet research for me and I'm comfortable enough with what's happening. My cheeks are puffy today, so I know I'm holding water and I have to factor that in when I weigh myself. Today I am optimistic. Thanks for all your good wishes.
We have plans for the weekend. My dear grandson (5yrs. old) wants to have a cookie bake-off with judges, etc. I have a feeling he will win!!!! LOL. In any case, I've got an easy cooky to bake and it'll be fun to be with my family this Sat. On Sunday I'm supposed to go to dinner at my niece's house, but if it's incredibly hot, I may pass on that one and hunker down at home. My dh said he'd go anyway so I wouldn't have to feel guilty.

Okay, gotta run-----we are all doing extremely well----losing like turtles and giving each other support. We can do this!!!!! :cheer: :cheers:
Judy
234.6/182.6/into the 170's and closer to goal :cool:

Princess1122
07-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Saturday to you all.

I got so busy at work yesterday that I never really did get a chance to log back on and do another post... I am not complaining... every single day I feel blessed to have this job!

Lots going on today but am hoping that tomorrow will be my day to have some down time, do some knitting and take a long walk. The temps here are not too bad, that is supposed to change at the beginning of the week though... welcome to the dog days of summer I guess... LOL.

The garden is still doing well although some things look like they are slowing down... the weather has been so erratic this year that I think it has caused some of the plants to get a bit out of sync. The tomatoes are wonderful this year. The green beans are good although I only get a couple of handfuls at a time...

The good news is... I don't want to jynx myself here but DH and I have finally put enough money aside to do our bathroom remodel! We only have one bathroom so it should be interesting when it comes time for them to actually do the work... LOL. Our house was built in the 1950's and the bathroom has never been updated... if that gives you any idea how badly we need a remodel and it will be a full ripout and replacement... walls and all! I am excited though, when we get that done then we start to save for the kitchen remodel :dizzy:

Judy: The crockpot really keeps down the heat in the house during these hot months, like you said we tend to use them more in the fall and winter but for some reason I have been using mine a lot more lately. It is nice to come home from work and have that part of the meal already done. Cookie bake off! Now that is my kind of fun... LOL. I hope that your hives continue to go away!

Bandit: Have a fabulous weekend!

Kim: Smart-ones and veggies is a great choice!

Tessa: I agree about the jazzercise class, not a great location. I hope that you can find one that works for you. Yeah, the cookie fund raiser is different but they have been doing this TOPS chapter for a long time so I guess it works for them. I know my DH has placed a large order... UGH! LOL, we are cookie monsters here so I guess it makes sense.

Cherry: Looks like you are doing well and I am super glad to hear that, enjoy your weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Princess1122
08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok, so, can anyone say JYNX!?!?! Ugh! Our computer got a real ugly virus early this morning, I worked on it forever but the laptop was just too old and there was no getting around it... we had to go and purchase another home computer... Although it took a small bite out of our remodel money I am so gratetful that we had it and now I have a shinny new PC to check with my turtle friends :D. Be super careful what you guys open, the sites that you visit, etc... there are a lot of nasty virus's out there right now... the store was filled with people just like us.

Food and exercise have been bad for me this weekend... I need to get my butt in gear here!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Itryharder
08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I was just about to :bravo: and :balloons: about the money for your bathroom remodel and I saw your latest news. Ugly virus. Sorry it happened. Glad you've got a new pc and I hope those viruses stay far away from you and all the Turtles.

My weekend hasn't been the best either. I got in a tiny bit of exericse, but eating today has been silly and approaching bingeing. Ugh. I dropped down to 21 points and it's playing havoc with my mind. This is so silly because I hadn't eaten 22 points in ages====that's why I had such a nice weight loss. If I 'm not careful I'll allow myself to sabotage and undo all the good I've done so far this summer. I've stopped the eating now, but it's about ten points too late. UGH.

Okay, tomorrow is another day. I'll get more veggie burgers in the house and work my day's points around them.
You all take care and be well and happy. Onward and downward!
Judy
234.6/182.6/into the 170's!!!! :cool:

Princess1122
08-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Morning all and happy Monday!

I had to drop my car off for service this morning... something is going wrong up in wheel area of the front drivers side so it is in the shop. I had to catch the shuttle to work so got here much later than I normally do... I just wanted to log in to see what was going on and say a quick hello.

Judy: I TOTALLY understand the way you are feeling... I hope it gets better!

I have to run!
princess

Princess1122
08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Boy oh boy when it rains it pours! Just got a call from the repair shop... my car is going to cost $1,400.00 to have repaired... ugh! LOL, I guess it could be worse!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Itryharder
08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh Princess, this is not at all good news. I'm sending you :goodvibes: that your luck changes.
How is your eating today? I'm doing better and I think I've got it under control.
I just used the WW recipe builder for a yummy sounding cold corn chowder, but it comes out to 5-6 points without the bacon so I'm not even going to bother with it!!!!

:grouphug: to all! Keep on keepin' on. Onward and Downward. We are doing this.
I've got a pot of French Onion Soup on the stove. It's zero points if you don't add cheese and I find it helps me to stretch a lunch or dinner.
Judy
234.6/182.8/lower (as I suspected, my weight is up this week. I've got to make sure it's the hi......and not my eating that is causing this.)

KimL1214
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Itryharder~ Your French Onion Soup sounds super yummy, is the recipe listed on the site, could you list it on here?

Princess1122~ YIKES! Sorry to hear things are kinda a wreck right now, but it will get better. How is your computer? Have you had a chance to take it to someone to get fixed? How are you feeling?

Clever Tessa~ I feel relieved summer school is over, but now trying to figure out what to do to keep myself on a schedule so I don't overeat, is the hard thing! How is California???

So my weekend changed drastically on Saturday afternoon. I was supposed to foster a dog Saturday night and deliver him to my sister on Sunday. He's a full bred miniature poodle that his family was going to "put down," aka KILL if they couldn't find him a home. They had been letting him run around in the woods for the past few weeks, without brushing or washing him. He looked like a dirty, icky mop when I got him. Well... he attached himself to me, and after the first night with him sleeping right next to me... I attached myself to him. So we got him groomed today and his confidence is much stronger and better, plus he looks terrific! He's been playing with our husky all afternoon, so I think he's really going to fit in!

So I saw the 250s for the second time this morning!!! Sorry, been a REALLY LONG TIME since I've seen those numbers. TOM just ended on Saturday too so I'm hoping to see more drop off.

Dad and I are watching Monsters vs. Aliens right now, so I'm a lil distracted... Have a great night!!!

bandit2
08-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi turtles:

Had a great long weekend up here with lots of company at the trailer & my deck is now fixed and my dd and her bf came up as well. So nice weekend and the weather was fabulous. Yesterday, after my company was gone I met my ladies group in small town near my trailer and had lunch with them and we walked through the little shops, so that was nice way to spend summer afternoon. Eating wasn't too bad - I made a ww chicken casserole and sheppards pie for trailer company with caesar salad & at my lunch I ordered flatbread with shrimp. But I feel kind of bloated - must be from too many snacks.

Princess - what rotten luck, just when you have a little nestegg something happens but at least you had the $$ to deal with those things. Hopefully, that is the end of it and you can start your bathroom. That will be exciting, always nice to do improvements, even little things make big differences.

Judy - sound like you have your food under control, so that is great. Keep up the good work, you are doing fabulous!

Kim - that is so nice you are keeping the dog, I can't believe somone would put a pet down and have no idea how they can just give them away. You have a good heart and I am sure that dog knows you saved him and will your new best friend. That is awesome.

Well, back to work tomorrow and back on track for sure. It is so easy to give in to extra treats on weekends. But I did pass up ice cream cone with my ladies group but still I had quite a few drinks over the weekend.

So, ladies lets all have a great week!

Itryharder
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Turtles,,
Yes Bandit, I'm ready to have a great week. Luckily today was better point wise than yesterday and I'm hoping to knock off some of the "fluffy weight". So glad you had such a nice weekend with your friends. :bravo: for not getting an ice cream cone. :cheer: That took "skill power".

KimL, :goodscale: weigh to go on getting back into the 250's!!! You rock!
That's an important milestone and proves you can do this. :balloons:

Here's the recipe for my French Onion Soup

Without cheese and/or bread, I count this as a zero point food. Here's how I make it:

6 onions, sliced thin
6 cups bouillon
1T. butter
1t. worchestershire sauce
1/4t. Tabasco Sauce
1 t Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master
(French or Italian bread, thinly sliced---grated cheese)

Saute onions long and vry slow in butter
Add bouillion, sauches, and some pepper if needed
Simmer on top of stove 4hours or in crock pot 8-10 hours on low
Serve in bowl(I eat it this way and count it as zero points)
Toast bread, sprinkle w/cheese and put under the broiler for 2-3extra points depending on what type of bread and cheese and the amounts you use.

It's a great way to stretch a simple lunch, good mid-day snack, or a good way to start dinner. It helps fill in your belly.

Okay---gotta run. I love the idea that we're all trying hard and getting it done! Let's all see a weight loss this week.
Judy
234.6/182.8/lower and closer to goal :cool:

KimL1214
08-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Itryharder~ Thank you! I'm going to try that recipe next time we have a night like tonight, icky and rainy...

bandit2~ Great job on passing up the ice cream! Sounds like a great weekend! Jake is AMAZING! I'm worried about what is going to happen when I have to go to the restaurant later this week, as he has it pretty good with my other job being at home so he can be with me. He hates when I even leave him in the house for a few minutes, which tells me he was really, really neglected.

We had some really big thunder storms tonight and my friends daughter just had to go from one house to the other when it was POURING, so I got soaked. I'm looking forward to crawling into bed in a bit so I can warm up, but I missed one of my shows this week, so I'm waiting for it to come on at 11.
If the weather is decent tomorrow I'm going to take a super long walk, and if it stinks, hit the gym. I want to find out how much one of the local gyms charges to use the pool this week as well.
Have a great night everyone!!!

Princess1122
08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone.

Well the car is fixed and knock on wood it is running/operating really well! She is an older car, 12 years old actually, but she is paid off and in very good shape other then the things that wear out, etc. I am so thankful that we had the money to have the repairs done so I will just be grateful and leave it at that... LOL.

Eating is ok... I went to AquaFit last night and when I came home I was starving so did eat past my points but over all it was a good day.

I am leaving work early on Friday to head to South Bend with my oldest DS to visit with my mom for the weekend. She has some things that needs to be done so we will tackle those while we are there. I am hoping to come home Saturday night so that I have time to get laundry done, groceries purchased and the house picked up before another work week starts.

Kim: No, we had to replace the computer... the virus was ugly and the disk drive does not work on it so there was no reloading a virus removal package to get rid of it... the virus stopped us from doing EVERYTHING... could not get online or anything to get rid of the darned thing. DH is going to take it to work with him and see if their IT can work on it so that we have a back up.
You are soooo nice to keep that little dog! I love dogs! I don't understand how they can be viewed as disposable items and have a hard time when they are treated that way. I know not everyone thinks that way but it is just how I am I guess. Good job on going under 250!

Judy: Great job on getting back on track. I have your recipe printed off and will try it soon! I agree with Bandit, you are doing sooooo great!

Bandit: Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I understand what you are saying though about the bloaty feeling, I get that a lot too after weekends! I hope that your work week goes well after having a nice long weekend!

Tessa: How are you doing? What is new on the bunny front?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Clever Tessa
08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Good morning Turtles!

Well, just a couple more days and I'm California-bound... Looking forward to it, but have oodles to do between now n' then. Today's exercise? Vacuum and wash car (after chiropractor appt.). Such fun! :dz:

Of course, hopefully I'm not suffocated by smoke this afternoon :faint:. It's not summer in Central Oregon until something is on fire. On Friday night we had a pretty good thunderstorm in the mountains west of us and yesterday something flared and it's now an 1,800 acre fire. Thankfully smoke and maybe ash will be all we have to deal with. :flame: is no bueno!

Princess, I'm sorry your bathroom remodel got put off for a bit. It's like the car and computer both said "wait! wait! me first!!!". Thankfully they're both taken care of (yeah, some of those viruses are naaaaasty!).

Judy, ooooh, thank you for the soup recipe. I love Applebee's french onion soup and your recipe sounds a lot like it! Can't wait to give it a try! :hun:

Kim, I'm so excited for you and Jake. I also can't believe how some people are ok with the "take him or we'll have to kill him" mentality. Just can't imagine... But there are people who see them as "just pets" and not members of the family. Which again, I don't understand. He's a lucky boy....
And :bravo: on the loss!!!! Exciting to see a number you haven't seen in awhile!

:wave: Bandit! Sounds like you did have a lovely weekend! Love hitting those little shops...

Ok, so I was down about 1.6 this morning. Not bad, but I my body is having "issues". I won't get graphic, let's just say pretty soon my green eyes are gonna be brown. Ug. Will up my water cuz I can't up my fiber any more without eating what the horses outside are eating! :rolleyes:

Anyway.... moving on!

Headed to CA on Thursday. Can't wait, I NEEEEEEED a break. I think the entire animal community is out to get me and for the life of me I can't think of what I ever did to it! Had barking dogs all weekend at my Mom's house (she was gone camping) and at 2am juuuust as I was getting dressed to go to her house and deal with them - they stopped. I was honestly wondering if a neighbor hadn't duct taped their little barkers shut. Then, my cat had "issues" after her Prednisone dosage was lowered - so I spent the weekend cleaning her hiney and wiping EVERY surface of my house with anti-bacterial wipes (ew). THEN, wait for it.... something forced its way OUT from under my house. Wow, what a refreshing change.... :dz:

I noticed a block that usually covers one of the vents under my house was off, when I went to put it back I noticed that *something* had forced its way out of the tiny hole where my heat pump's piping goes under my house - it chewed through steel wool, the foam covering on the pipe, the foam vent block, and then pushed out the wire grate covering the vent itself. Whatever it was, was desparate. And small. There were also 3 other attempted dig sites that stopped short (perhaps the rescue crew?) and also another hole where there was one before and I'm 99% sure it dead-ends into chicken wire...

It's NEVER ENDING!!!!!! :mad:

So, when I get back from CA, I'm going to have to put poison down. Whatever it was that escaped from under my house, it CHEWS - so it's not a rabbit. And if it chews, it can cause serious, expensive damage, which I can not allow... It breaks my heart, but if it's between damage to my house or protecting an unknown critter? Protecting my house will be my choice. :dunno:

Before I need to find a publishing company I will wrap this up. Odds are this turtle will be figuratively shelled up until next week. Shall pop my head back out once I'm back home!

Toodles Turtles!

Tess

Itryharder
08-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Tessa, :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: :balloons: :dancer: :carrot: :dance:
What a great weight loss! Hey, I may be wrong, but I am quite sure that rabbits can chew. We had a darling pet rabbit that we kept indoors until we discovered the little darling had chewed through almost all our lamp cords. Ugh. Well, we put him in an outdoor cage at that point, but the damage was done. Sure was cute though. All black and furry and cute to watch. Well, I just read your post again and now I'm not sure because maybe rabbits can't chew through such thick wire. I hope you have a great time in CA and solve your problem when you get back.
Judy
234.6/182.8/lower :cool:

Clever Tessa
08-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the kudos Judy! :)

The other clue that it's non-:bunny: is the hole it got through is about 3 inches wide, at best. Also, the outside holes I'm finding now are pretty small (maybe 4" diameter, vs. the others that were twice the size) and whatever it is would've had to climb up to the piping then chew out. Are rabbits good climbers? I honestly have no idea how resourceful they can be!

But then... if *I* were trapped under a house and it was 90+ degrees outside I would be pretty dang motivated!

Back to my black bean soup! Yum - but why was this a lunch choice when it's so warm out???? Where was my brain.

Toodles for now,

Tes

bandit2
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Squirrels can do lots of damage as well.

Hi ladies - just browsing and heading home.

Nice weight loss, Tessa

Keep cool!

Clever Tessa
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
We have mutant grey squirrels here - I'm leaning towards that being the culprit too.

So, not all of the animal kingdom is agains me - just the rodents. Great. :rofl: Wait, rabbits aren't rodents are they.... It's guilt by buck teeth association. I'm animal profiling. Bad squirrels, bad squirrels, whatchu gonna do, whatchu gonna do when I come for you....

Ok, that's enough. LOL!

Tes

KimL1214
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Clever Tessa~ So we have a psycho cricket in the house that has been driving me nuts for the last hour... and it made me think of you. Sounds like your place is CRAZY with animal issues!!! Jake is AMAZING, and I am so excited to have him! Congrats on your loss!!!

Princess1122~ Good to hear your car is better, and I'm sorry to hear about your computer! Jake is awesome, and I think the people I took him from have something wrong with them.

bandit2~:wave:

I'm keepin it short tonight as Jake keeps getting sick, so I want to sit with him for a while and make sure he's not running a fever or anything. I should have more time to myself tomorrow so I'm excited! I'm going to spend some of that time with my sister and then either at the gym or walking around the track. Have a great night!

*Edit* It wasn't a cricket, it was a praying mantis... freaky looking, but I didn't kill it, just threw it outside...

*Edit #2* THERE'S ANOTHER PRAYING MANTIS!!! It won't let me catch it, so I'm not so sure if this one is going to make it...

bandit2
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Morning, turtles:

Hot summer day again today - boy this has been one crazy summer for us.

Last night I had meeting with my ladies group for our upcoming camping trip - weekend of the 13th/14th - 2 sleepovers with 6 women in tents. This should be a different weekend for sure. 2 of them are "real campers" so hopefully we will be alright. This should be lots of fun. We planned the menu and hopefully won't be too bad & made list of what we were all to bring.
It is in a park so we won't be out in the boondocks & we are plannign on getting is some walks & swims (to burn off the cocktail/snack calories)

I am still feeling all puffy and bloated - maybe the heat is getting to me.
So, really not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. Hate when the scale doesn't co-operate, but in all fairness I have not been completely on track this past week.

Anyway, heres hoping you are all coping with everything you have going on & losing weight along the way.

CherryAutumn
08-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Sorry typing one handed while holding fussy 1 year old. Sometimes there just is no break. I am up 1.2 pounds this week. I guess that stress is getting to me. We have been thinking of moving so we can have more room for the kids. Well i have a fresh start. So it is time to get down to business.:carrot:

Princess1122
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Crazy busy here at work today but wanted to pop on and say hello to everyone!

Will try and get back on again later!

Itryharder
08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi Guys,
Bandit and Cherry, with the heat lots of us are retaining fluids and getting bloaty. Good luck and let's all make this week work for us!

Princess, hi! It's great you post so often . It keeps us all going.

KimL, hope your Jake is doing better real soon. He's lucky to have you!

I went to my WI this morning and I was up 4#. I know that sounds awful, but I expected it. The loss I had last week probably wasn't completely "real" and this gain this morning probably wasn't completely "real" either. My hi....... are still in full glory. To be fair, I probably really gained about a pound this week because I had a binge on Sunday. I've gotten my food under control, but my :tread: isn't anywhere as good as it had been. When I finish typing this, I've got to get upstairs and do a 1 1/2 miles on the :tread: I am proud of myself for taking this craziness in my stride and I must say I am still far away from 190# which took forever to break through. :bravo: :cheer:
Let's make this a great week!!!!!

Judy
234.6/186.8/lower!!!!! :cool:

bandit2
08-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - you have done great and will deal with these challenges as you have shown us and get it done. Seems like we are all having to deal with these "little weight speed bumps" - so hang in there!

Princess - busy lady, hope you are doing well.

Kim - how is Jake doing? Hope things are going well for both of you.

Cherry - nice to see you posting and sounds like your babies are keeping you busy.

Tess - you OK?

Everyone - it is sooooooooo friggin hot tonight I can't even think and am exhausted, I wanted to get some yard work done but that just did not happen. By the time I got home and settled in it was all I could do to microwave leftovers for my dinner.

OK, enough complaining here - but seriously winter is sounding pretty good right about now.

You would think the heat would be melting off a few extra pounds instead of making my feet swell up.

Goodnight!

Princess1122
08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday!

I went to Aqua Fit last night and the water was soooo cold! I thought it would feel good because like Bandit said it is so friggin hot! But... it was still cold water... LOL. But I got through it and the work out felt good... have W/I tonight but it is that TOM so I will not hold my breath. I will stay for the meeting as I need to turn in my fund raiser sheet and money but have to get some house work and laundry done before and after the meeting since I will be away for most of the weekend.

DH had supper all ready for me last night when I got home from the gym and that was a very wonderful thing! I was starving like I usually am when I get out of there so it was great to just go home and eat... he did some burgers on the grill and some leftover baked beans that we had and it was fabulous!

Busy at work again today but I wanted to get a quick post in to everyone:

Bandit: I feel your pain although we have AC at home, it is working over time right now though and I hate to see the bill that will come... ugh! Good luck at W/I tonight! Any plans for the weekend?

Judy: I agree with Bandit! You are doing so great that it will all even out! Are you feeling better from the hives?

Tessa: Have a great time in CA! I am sure it will be a blast to hang out with good friends and relax!

Cherry: Glad to see your post... sorry that your baby is fussy! A small gain is not bad but I know how you feel... gains are just never fun!

Kim: How are you doing? How is Jake doing? I agree about his previous owners! My DS has a dog that does not like to be left alone, she has come a long way with it though once she realized that they were not going to just dump her like the last owners did. I hope he gets better.

Have to run!

bandit2
08-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Good evening, ladies:

Princess - you are really kicking up your exercise, I am impressed!
Hope you did well at the scales tonight.

At my weigh in tonight I "turtled" (which means I stayed the same as week before) so not complaining. Princess - does your chapter call it that as well?
Always feel remotivated after leaving my meetings.

Tessa - CA sounds like a nice place to go, I have never been there but it always looks nice in the movies, have a great time.

Judy - hope your hives are clearing out.

Kim - Jake sounds adorable, and will be great company for you.

Cherry - hope you find some time for youself, hang in there!

Busy weekend planned. Tomorrow going to trailer with my cousins for the a.m. then they have to leave after lunch and then a couple of ladies from my group are coming up for dinner & a swim. Then going to singles dance with all of them Sat night & in between have to do more yard work in both places.
So busy but fun.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Princess1122
08-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Good morning all and a very happy Friday!

Went to W/I last night... was up 1.6 but I expected it, I really wish I could get the whole TOM thing figured out but that is one thing that is beyond my control IF I follow the plan and not use it as an excuse to indulge... LOL.

Heading up north later today with DS to help my mom with a few things then it will be home to get all of the usual stuff that I have to do on the weekend done. So it will be a busy weekend.

Bandit: yep, they call it a Turtle also... I have had a couple of those since I have been there. Have a great time this weekend! It is not so humid down here today... supposed to get really hot again early next week though.

Judy: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

All: Have a great weekend everyone!

bandit2
08-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Princess - well the whole TOM thing really throws things off, out of your control and next week will be back to normal. Enjoy your visit with your mom and have a great weekend.

Heading out to lake and coming back for dance tomorrow. Even with socializing I really want to buckle down and drop some weight before fall.

All - have a great weekend!

Itryharder
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Bandit, :goodscale: for "turtling" at your WI. With all your social fun, it shows you made a million right choices not to gain weight. I bet yardwork and swimming can give you lots of activity points. Here's a :cheer: to encourage you to a good WI this week!

Princess, it sounds like you've got a lot going on. It's really nice of you and your ds to help your mom out with the things she needs done. TOM has been a stickler for a lot of us Turtles, but next week you should see a :goodscale: The really important thing is you're back and you're working the plan. THe Aqua Fit sounds great, although the icy cold water must be tough to take at first.

Things are going pretty well here. I scared myself on the scale at home because my weight is going up almost as fast as it dropped the week before. Since it's hard to take, I almost decided not to step on the scale. Then I thought about it and in the past I've always "fooled around" with my food trying to outsmart myself and not take the consequences. That doesn't work, so when I weigh myself every day I am accountable. In any case, went out to dinner with dh to my friend's home which is a retirement community----we weren't looking forward to it, but it worked out just fine. Our friend is great, she wanted us to meet her friends and we had a nice time. The food was able to be pointed out and if I hadn't had some peanut butter as a mini binge before we left, it would have been a good day. Today I'm picking up our grandson and he'll have a sleep over with us so his folks can celebrate their anniversary in NYC. Then Sunday we're free to relax again. We've been doing yard work and things are looking a lot better.

Oh---I'm going on.
Everybody have a wonderful weekend. Put what you want the most first and let's set a challenge for Labor Day. I'd like to break 180# by Labor Day. It's possible, but it'll take a lot of work. :cheer:
Judy
234.6/186.8/lower :cool:

Itryharder
08-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Turtles,
The sleepover for my grandson went well. When his folks asked him how he went he said, "I was no problem." And he's right! We had fun. Tricky eating with him because he wanted to go to Friendly's. I overdid it there and I'm paying for it on the scale today. Yesterday was good. Today my points are fine, but I sure would like to eat more. Tonight I'm having Dr. Praeger veggie burger and several veggies to keep the points down. Late night snack will be popcorn and I'll have had a good day. I also walked on the :tread: for 1 1/2miles and I'm satisfied with that.

Here's to everyone finishing up the weekend well. Any special challenges for this upcoming week? Let's get this done!!!!! :cheer:
Judy
234.6/186.4/lower and into the 170's by Labor DAy!!!! :cool:

CherryAutumn
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I am still here. I have some extra stressful situations going on right now and i am struggling and losing the battle against the emotional eating. My weight has been all over the place and most of the numbers have not been good. I am trying to just keep on moving forward but it has been hard. Sorry for the kinda down post. Hoping things will turn around soon.

Itryharder
08-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Cherry,
You're a senior member of this site and what you said is smart! Dealing with lots of stress is stressful and Turtles tend to eat over that. You're doing fine. Glad to see you post. Sorry your weight is all over the place right now, but you'll get that under control and see a nice weight loss soon. What makes us Turtles is that we perservere! You're doing it!
:bravo: Here's a :grouphug: to hope that things lighten up for you soon.
Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by Labor Day :cool:

Princess1122
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not been on much since last week. I was online yesterday, got a large post done then something really strange happened, not sure what I did but all of the sudden the cursor started going backwards... basically deleting everything I had typed... did not have time to redo so I just logged off.

Busy at work and busy at home this week. I did managed to record Oprah yesterday since I had missed it the first time it was on... it was the author of that book that I ordered... Women, Food and God. I am really looking forward to reading it, have started but had to stop last night because it was late and I was tired. I really need to start going to sleep earier, the later then normal sleep schedule is catching up and I know it is effecting my weight and a lot of other things.

Good luck to everyone this week, I will post when I can!

Princess1122
08-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not been on much since last week. I was online yesterday, got a large post done then something really strange happened, not sure what I did but all of the sudden the cursor started going backwards... basically deleting everything I had typed... did not have time to redo so I just logged off.

Busy at work and busy at home this week. I did managed to record Oprah yesterday since I had missed it the first time it was on... it was the author of that book that I ordered... Women, Food and God. I am really looking forward to reading it, have started but had to stop last night because it was late and I was tired. I really need to start going to sleep earier, the later then normal sleep schedule is catching up and I know it is effecting my weight and a lot of other things.

Good luck to everyone this week, I will post when I can!

Itryharder
08-10-2010, 02:00 PM
good to hear from you, Princess. These computer bugs are getting you lately. Here's :goodvibes: that they go away.

All goes well here. Had lunch out with dh yesterday and it was a wonderful treat. WI is tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have knocked off a pound.
Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by Labor Day :cool:

bandit2
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi turtles:

Everyone hanging in there, I see so that is great.

Judy - good luck at the scales tomorrow!

Princess - busy gal, nice to see you chiming in when you get a chance.

Cherry - hope you find a way to handle your stress eating, that is tough with so much going on, good luck.

Very busy weekend, but lots of fun. Weather up & down - poured yesterday
which made it impossible to get my back yard mowed & tonight is ladies wing night but I might pass on that & get my house stuff done since I will be away camping this weekend.

I made something new last night & it was very good and easy.
Sautee in abit of oil: onion, chopped zuccini (2), chopped eggplant for about 8 minutes add can of diced tomatoes and heat through. Microwave 2 cups water with 2 tab butter/margarine and add 8 oz of dry breadcrumb stuffing (I used stovetop stuffing) for 5 min. In greased casserole dish, layer veggies,
stuffing, and shredded cheddar cheese (I used marble) about 2 cups, layer until done ending with cheese on top. Bake for about 30 at 375 & enjoy.
You have to point it out depending on what you use.
I brought some to work and the girls loved it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Princess1122
08-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Good morning all! Well, I guess I actually posted twice yesterday... LOL - just not having computer luck lately... oh well, I guess we all have our times of that.

Yes! It has been a busy couple of weeks here with no end in sight but that is ok, busy is good... better then laid off and bored :D It is stinking hot here... I mean STINKING hot! To top it off, DH, DS and I were sitting in the living room eating some smoked brats that I had just got off the grill and POW! out goes the electric... we all just kind of looked at one another and sighed... no electric = no AC... it was only out for about an hour but enough time for the house to heat up and the dogs to start panting... LOL. But then it came back on and all was well... my excitement for the evening was complete ;)

I skipped Aqua Fit on Monday night but am going to try and get there tonight - I really need to keep at it, I know if I don't keep moving I will never lose the weight.

Indiana State Fair is going on right now... I am trying to avoid it but it is a family tradition that we all go at least once... funnel cake here I come... LOL. I am shooting for the weekend of the 21st since it ends on the 22nd... then I won't be tempted to go back for round two!

Bandit: That recipe sounds fabulous! I have been looking for a veggie sidedish and that should be a winner! Good luck getting your house/yard work done! Good luck at W/I tomorrow night!

Judy: Best wishes for an awesome W/I today! Yep, computers are not my friend right now... but on a positive note the new one at home is awesome! Runs like a champ and is fully protected with an anti-virus package... Knock on wood!

Cherry: How are you doing? Hang it there, things will improve!

Kim: What is new with you?

Tessa: Living the high life in CA right now so you most likely won't see this but I sure hope you are having the time of your life!

Have a great day all!
Princess

Itryharder
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, you are so busy! Loved reading about your activities. I also like that veggie side dish, am printing it out, and will make it soon. Thanks. :chef:

Princess, those fairs are so much fun. My dh and I have a deal where we split a funnel cake and that works for us. Especially when neither one of us finishes our half. :love: I am so glad you're busy at work. That paycheck is priceless for routine and the bucks. Yay.

Hi Gals,
KimL
Tessa
Cherry
Lin
Lauren
Wishing you all the best if you're reading this and we're all thinking of you.

Yesteday was one of those not-so-great days. Had a health scare with our older daughter, but she seems to be okay. Soooooo we had pizza delivered because of the good news. We probably would have had pizza delivered if the news was bad also-----dh was in the mood for pizza.
On the other hand, the day before we had a great lunch out at an Italian restaurant and it was so much fun. I even treated myself to a glass of red wine and penne ala vodka. One serving (about one cup) points out to 7 points and I think that's a bargain for something so delicious.

My WI this morning saw me going down .2# and that's better than nothing. Getting in more exercise and being careful with salt right before WI should give me a better :goodscale: next week, but since I still have hi...... I'm happy with this. My hi....... are better than they were, but they're not gone yet. Gotta run----have a busy day and days ahead since we're having a luau this Sat. I cleaned house yesterday and today we're making arrangements for the food. I had a brainstorm to make pulled pork in the crockpot, have sandwich rolls and then have all my sides from a Chinese take-out place. It is so hot here and that will make my life really easy. Yay!
Gotta run
Best wishes and good luck and :goodvibes: to all of us. It looks like we're all up to the challenges that are always changing/but always there!

234.6/186.6/into the 170's by Labor Day :cool:

bandit2
08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - being down at the scales is always good news, keep up the good work!
A luau sounds like a fun time & I loved pulled pork (always get some of that at ribfests) At a party last summer, the host made a yummy dessert:
fresh pineapple rings grilled and topped with some ff coolwhip - very good
and would look nice at your party - just a thought & so easy to prepare.
Have fun!

Ended up going to wing night afterall & it was delicious but not very point friendly - so not looking forward to facing the scale tomorrow & now tonight I do have to get my butt out to my backyard - always stuff happening & it is soooooooo hot here, basically uncomfortable being outdoors. I know I shouldn't complain but really this has been crazy.

Camping this weekend, now there will be 10 ladies on 2 different sites & thunderstorms are in the forecast - so we will need our boots, sense of humour and of course alcohol - but still we will have fun.

Everyone - hope you are having a "cooler" day than myself!

Itryharder
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're getting long. I'll see you all at our new thread: #236 Bale of Turtles Setting Labor Day Challenges

Judy