Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Default I'm Losing At This!!!

Well folks, I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost a grand total of 7.6 lbs.

I started my diet/ life change on July 14 so thats not bad at all. What a motivation to keep going.

I'm doing WW at home on my own and it is actually quite easy. I don't feel deprived at all and it allows me the treats if I want to waste alot of points on junk. I've learned that's not the way to do it though. It feels good to have 6 points left at the end of the day that I have to eat!! Enough for that glass of wine if I want
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow, that's absolutely brilliant! Well done, you must feel really fantastic, it is so motivating to really be able to measure and see your progress like that. I think it's great as well that you've chosen a way of eating that means you don't feel deprived - I really believe that's crucial if you're trying to change your lifestyle, rather than just "diet".

Good luck with your continued success!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

What a fabulous start!! - Now to just continue on - no stopping - keep going and going and going!!

Do keep in mind though, that those 6 extra points don't have to be spent on *junk*, they can be spent on healthy, satiating foods as well.

Good eating begets more good eating. The less and less junk you have, the less and less you'll want it and the more used to it you'll be doing without it and telling yourself no - which comes in handy during high temptation times such as holidays, parties, stress, etc. Get these good eating habits in place - and watch a whole new world open up to you.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

How right you are Robin. I must say most of my choices are good ones although I had a piece of cake on saturday which I'm sure was loaded with fat!!! But it did taste INCREDIBLE! I think a treat now and then keeps you from feeling too deprived.
Thanks for the support
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

congratulations on losing 7.6 pounds! that's so great!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Canada View Post
How right you are Robin. I must say most of my choices are good ones although I had a piece of cake on saturday which I'm sure was loaded with fat!!! But it did taste INCREDIBLE! I think a treat now and then keeps you from feeling too deprived.
Thanks for the support
Oh yes - treats are important. But I would also urge you to reconsider what a treat is - it doesn't have to be a 700 calorie slice of cake! It could be a sliced mango. A poached pear. A baked apple with cinnamon, walnuts, raisins and maple syrup. It could be an egg white omlette loaded with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers. Fat free yogurt, partially frozen served with some Fiber One. Fresh blueberries or raspberries or blackberries. So I fit treats into my day every single day. The (healthy) foods that I eat are DELICIOUS. I thoroughly enjoy everything that goes into my mouth - no deprivation whatsoever.

The great thing is, is that eventually your tastes change - your desires change. You will see. An apple to me now tastes like pure sugar, when in the past I would turn my nose up at it.

It's a process. It doesn't happen overnight. You food choices will evolve.

You're doing great. I'm excited for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote