Old 07-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #1  
Little Vixen

S/C/G: 247/230.6/120-115

Height: 4'11"

Red face Maybe TMI...but,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a change in their body odor? I have always had an excessive sweating problem (even when I was athletic, and at a "healthy normal" weight) though I never have smelled foul unless of course I forgot to use deodorant, otherwise I just smell like Shower or Powder Fresh whatever I am using at the time. However, lately since I have been dieting and exercising I have noticed I smell horrendous! My boyfriend even made a comment the other morning when after being out of the room for a while, I was full into my routine (had about 8 minutes left to go) and he said "WHEW BABY YOU ARE RIPE!" I promptly told him to shut up because of course I could smell it myself LOL

I guess I am just curious if anyone else smells 'different" than they usually do? Because I sure as heck do!
VicSin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I tend to get really ripe, no matter how much showering or deoderant, right around TOM. Although I think I smell a bit less like an old goat now that I've sworn off junkfood. Still, I'm glad when TOM hits on my days off and I can stay home and not worry as much about things I really can't 100% control.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #3  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I suppose this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I noticed that I smell much better than I used to! Without meat (I'm back to being a vegetarian), soda, junk foods, candy, etc, my whole body smells better. I'm really relieved!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #4  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I notice that if I eat more onions or garlic than usual, my sweat smells pretty rank. Has your diet changed to include more "smelly" foods? Other than that, I have no ideas!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'd take a look at your diet first, what you are wearing when you are working out in, and if it's a big concern I'd get hormone levels checked

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_bodyo.htm

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 07-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #6  
Little Vixen

Default :(

Well, I'm assuming it is just the change in food, maybe my body is detoxifying or something, because its almost a chemical like smell to me. I have the Implanon implant so I haven't had a TOM for 2 months now (trying to decide if I like that or not) I never really eaten alot of meat to begin with, and now I am eating even less, if I eat anything with a face its fish or chicken (I prefer it to red meat) No candy or junk food, beside the 100 Calorie Fudge Shoppe chocolate covered pretzel pouches, and that is only like once or twice a week usually for a desert or something. I'm Italian so I always ate garlic and onions and cheese before, lately maybe I have been really low on the cheese side, otherwise its lf or ff. I guess it could be the extra garlic, or onions, heck maybe it could even be the black pepper since I haven't been usingsalt for flavoring. When I work out I am usually in some comfy pants and a tank top, nothing constricting, usually all cotton. I have a Dr. appt on the 20th of next month maybe its something I can bring up to them than. Thank you for all the replies ladies! You are the greatest!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

On certain days I've been getting plagued by a strange body odor - its certainly not normal sweaty BO smell - more like chemically burning odor. This also does not seem to eminate from areas associated with BO (armpits, groin). It comes and goes however and when its strong it last for 3 or 4 days mainly in the afternoons. I can have a shower and the smell does not go away.

One thing we have in common is that I also have the Implanon implant so I'm wondering now whether its hormonal related. I've also wondered whether its when my body is actively fat burning as I do seem to drop more weight the days when the odor is strongest.

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 07-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #8  
Little Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
I've also wondered whether its when my body is actively fat burning as I do seem to drop more weight the days when the odor is strongest.
See I always tend to have my "skinny" days the day after I notice the smell to be strongest as well! My routine won't even be different, but on certain days I will smell riper than others and then the day after that is always when I notice the most difference in my weight changes. Kinda of off topic, How has the implanon been for you?

Last edited by VicSin13; 07-27-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've started to get stinky when sweating (workout sweat, not just general hot-day sweat) too. I figured I was just working harder! LOL

No meds here.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I've been noticing that lately and I have no idea where it is coming from. I was assuming that as I lose, it is coming from whatever was trapped with the excess fat tissue.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote