100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercersie, plans, stuff....week of July 26

Beverlyjoy
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Here is a place where you can put your plans, menu, exercise, and have some accountability.

Feel free to join in.

TXMary2
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Good morning ladies. Yesterday I was at 1537 calories and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, an hour at the pool and 30-40 minutes chasing chickens around - which felt like more of a workout than the other two combined! LOL

So far today:
3 eggs 210
2 slices whole wheat toast 100
2 slices bacon 70
Coffee with creamer 120

I already did 30 minutes on the treadmill and if it doesn't rain I will go to the pool.

I am down 1.2 from yesterday to a new low of 226.0 I am so excited because every pound (4 sticks of butter off my body!!) brings me closer to Onderland which I haven't seen since 1999!!

mingle
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend!

TXMary - you are doing AWESOME! You have to feel so proud of all you've accomplished! :)

Had a really good, but busy weekend. I'm so happy that I was able to stay 100% on plan all weekend. I've been sticking to the "mini-meal" plan the nutritionist suggested, & not only do I feel better, the scale is starting to move. Down about 1.5 pounds in just a few days, so I'm thankful for that! And it feels like I am just eating so much more natural foods, which I think really plays into how much better my body feels.

Today's menu:

Meal 1: shredded wheat, 1/2 C. milk, banana
Meal 2: Greek yogurt & apple
Meal 3: Salad with 4 oz. grilled steak & 2 T. hummus
Meal 4: Orrowheat sandwich thin with 2 oz. lean roast beef & Laughing Cow cheese wedge
Meal 5: 4 oz. chicken (stir-fried), 1 C. veggies, 1/2 C. brown rice
Meal 6: apple & 2 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

Beverlyjoy
07-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi chicks...I am struggling now. Dealing with lots of health things, still. I will try to carry on.

jab91864
07-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Beverylyjoy~ will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Is the rash any better ??

Mingle & TxMary2 ~ Great job and making the scale "jump" back =0)

Weekend was hectic and my portions were ok but the choices were wrong. Spent most of the weekend away from home and it only hindered my choices.

Yesterday was very hectic. I got home from work made dinner for my son then started chores and seemed like everything I touched went wrong in some way and took me twice as long. I never got around to eating any dinner because it was after 9pm by the time I sat down. I did take a bite of the venison I cooked for my son so maybe that will count as dinner...lol

Yesterday's food

Yogurt
slice of cheese
tea (no sugar)
water

brown rice w/ garlic & olive oil
tomatoes
grapes
water

SF jello cup
water

bite of fried venison
water

Gotta get a move on and pack some lunch and get to work. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

mingle
07-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Beverlyjoy - :hug: Thinking of you often, & still hoping & praying for the best.

jab - oh, I've had those days, too, where anything that could go wrong does, & then some! Hope you have a great day today :)

Got in a good workout this morning - 60 minutes on the elliptical; 40 minutes HIIT & 20 minutes with the incline & resistance pretty high. Went for 5.2 miles. I'm exhausted, but feel pretty good. Food was right on yesterday. And even though I'm not 100% sure I believe it, the scale "whooshed" down big time this morning. Seemingly, I lost 2.4 pounds overnight? I think it's a combination of the very sweaty workout this morning, the "mini-meal" plan, & the fact that TOM ended the other day. Either way, I'll take it! I just hope it doesn't bounce back up!!!

Have a great day, all :)

mj5
07-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well. Work is getting hectic, but it's all good stuff, so its ok.

Beverlyjoy--Thinking about you lots. Hope you are doing ok!!!

Have a great day everyone! I'll catch up soon!

girlonfire
07-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Today's menu!

B: 2 morningstar farms sausage patties, 1 egg, 1/2 cup tomato juice
L: grilled shrimp and quinoa salad(with lettuce!)
S: apple and peanut butter
D: marinated lean steak, 1 cup cooked kale with lemon juice, 1/2 yam
post workout snack: 1 banana

Exercise: 1 hour walk with the dogs, 30 minutes on elliptical

TXMary2
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Bevjoy- you are in my thoughts today.

Mingle- congrats on your whoosh! Oh, and your grilled steak salad sounds yummy!!!

Jab- being away from home is always a challenge, but recognizing what went wrong will only help you next time! Keep at it!

mj- glad all is good!

peachy- great exercise!!

So, yesterday was another big exercise day an it wasn't all on purpose. I posted something yesterday somewhere on this forum that exercise hadn't changed my weight loss, but I want to officially take that back because I spoke to soon. More intense and frequent exercise certainly HAS changed it!! Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill on purpose. Then unplanned took a 45 minute walk around a neighborhood assisting my Cub scouts in putting out door hangers for a food drive. Good news is it didn't wear me out of kill me!!! Woah, baby I have already come a long way!! Then, chased chickens briefly again last night. Job ends tonight so that will put an end to that nonsense!!!

So, this morning I was down another pound to 225 even! That is a 3.6 drop since Wednesday and I attribute it to the exercise. Calories yesterday were 1500 something.

Keep on keeping on everybody!!

jab91864
07-28-2010, 07:16 AM
This will be short and sweet, already behind for the day...lol

Yesterdays food

oatmeal
water

brown rice w/lemon herb seasoning
splash of olive oil
sf pudding cup
water

salad w/lf italian dressing
tomato soup
6 mini pretzel sticks
water

Everyone have a GREAT day!!

Beverlyjoy
07-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi chicks...well, it won't be until mid september until my foot/ankle surgery. Must get the staff infection totally gone and work around dh's schedule. Oh well. I have been soothing myself with food. Of course - it's only a moment's worth of anything resembling 'soothing'.

I have gained two pounds...but, I think I can get that off in a short while.

:) Much love and thanks to my wonderful 3fc/accountability friends for caring about me, listening to my rants, and missing me when I am not posting. You are all very wonderful. I appreciate your caring ways greatly.

My 80 red raised bumps are going away. :) Amazing what an antibiotic will do. Thankfully, they never did itch much, really, That's how the derm. knew they weren't bug bites. He said that if I had 80 bug bites and would be going insane itching! :dizzy:

So...here I will plan for today:

breakfast - cranberry juice, peanut butter toast, turkey sausage

lunch - lean pocket, asparagus

snack - cheese on rice cake, clementine

dinner - eggs with cheese, peppers, onion, bread

snack - almond butter on bread, blueberries

Have a great day.

TXMary2
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Bevjoy- your plan for today looks good!

Yesterday I was at 1600 something calories. I walked for a little over an hour at the track with a couple of girlfriends - we talked the whole time and it made the time pass quickly. Today, weight was 225.4 - so up .4 from yesterday. My legs are very sore this morning so it could be my muscles retaining fluid from overdoing exercise yesterday.

I have exercised 7 straight days so today I am not walking at all, but I may just casually swim at the pool if it doesn't rain.

Breakfast this morning was:
Coffee with creamer 80
3 eggs 210
2 slices plain whole wheat toast 100

For lunch I am going to probably make Tilapia with garlic and lemon
Dinner will be spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic cheese bread- all reasonable servings of course. I am going to throw in some onion and bellpeppers into the spaghetti sauce.

HAve a great day everyone!

girlonfire
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
My plan for today:

B: 1 cup kashi heart to heart cereal, 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup simply orange
L: pastrami sandwich(light whole wheat bread, honey mustard, light mayo, pastrami, tomato, lettuce), 1/2 cup blueberries, 2nd half of my banana, 2 tomato slices
S: 2 slices toasted wheat bread w/1 laughing cow wedge
D: grilled teriyaki salmon patty, rest of my yam, more cooked kale!
late night snack(if I want): 1 GoLean crunch fiber and protein bar

Exercise: C25K W1D2

mingle
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! :)

mj - glad to hear you're doing good... busy but good!

TXMary - Excellent job on all of your exercise! You are rocking this!!!

Beverlyjoy - sorry to hear about the postponement of your surgery. But glad that the infection & rash are going away. Your plan looks wonderful for today! :)

jab - hope you're having a wonderful day!

peachy - your menus look soooo good! I especially like the grilled shrimp and quinoa salad - YUM!

As for me, having a good day. Got up & did the Biggest Loser last chance workout & added the upper body portion. Calories have been staying nicely within range & still loving the mini-meals! :)

On a REALLY happy note, as of yesterday at 3:29pm, I am the proud auntie to two precious little babies - a boy & a girl. They were born at 33 & 1/2 weeks, so still in the NICU, but doing really well. I'm so thrilled for my brother & SIL. And to make the day even more special, they were born on their 14th wedding anniversary. :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast - shredded wheat cereal, milk & banana
Snack - 1 oz. almonds, 1 C. milk
Lunch - Healthy Choice cafe steamer, sliced cucumbers, 2 T. hummus
Snack - Greek yogurt & apple
Supper - 1 slice deep dish pizza (healthy recipe) & 1 C. steamed broccoli
Snack - Kashi TLC bar & peach

Have a really good day, ladies! :)

jab91864
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Today felt like a really long day.

Today's food...

spinach omelet
water

brown rice w/ tomato sauce
parmesan cheese
sf pudding cup
water

large salad w/ranch dressing
water

Hope everyone has a good evening !!

Beverlyjoy
07-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was so much better - I am so grateful.

Today I am going to go out of town to visit my son, dil, and grandson. I need to get away from all the stress I have had. I am glad that I good deal of it is over for now.

I am going to use my exchange plan when I am gone.

I think that my son has a laptop - so, if it's working I'll be able to check in.

Thanks, everyone.

girlonfire
07-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Glad to see you are feeling better, Beverlyjoy :hug:

Menu for today!

B: 1 cup kashi heart to heart, 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 glass simply orange
L: 1/2 cup brown rice, green beans, 1/2 serving Trader Joe's madras lentils, 2nd half banana, 1 laughing cow wedge, 1 sugar free jell-o pudding cup(I was hungry today lol)
S: All numb from the dentist, so a chocolate-peanut butter protein shake(light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 tbsp pb, 1 squirt dark chocolate syrup, 1/2 scoop protein powder
D: Teriyaki salmon burger on whole wheat bun and tomato/lettuce salad w/Newman's Own Lighten Up Ginger Sesame dressing, 1 skinny cow lowfat ice cream cup(!)
S(if I feel like it): 1 Kashi GoLean fiber protein bar!

Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical

TXMary2
07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Everybody-

Today I am down to 225.0 again - so down .4 from yesterday. I am at 1400 something for today and plan on having a dessert while watching my shows tonight. I swam for 30 minutes at the pool - but basically took it easy because yesterday I was really sore!

Have a good evening ladies :)

jab91864
07-30-2010, 07:30 AM
I've been behind all week it seems like. Looking forward to the weekend to catch up on things around the house, especially my garden. The scale moved downward so that made me happy :carrot:

Yesterday's food ~

yogurt
scrambled egg
tea (no sugar)
water

brown rice w/spalsh of olive oil and chili spices
kidney beans
cherry tomatoes
water

sf pudding cup
water

poached white fish w/ lemon herb seasoning
water

1/c c microwave popcorn
crystal light

I did split a pc of french toast with my parrot. I made french toast for my son and then gave a half slice to my bird and I ate the other half. All in all my food for yesterday was pretty good. Had cravings toward the end of the day so had a small snack to try to quell that.

Hope everyone has an awesome day OP and the start to a great weekend!!

TXMary2
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Good morning!

Well, yesterday ended up at 1828 calories....still under what I am allowed but higher than I have had recently. I exercised for 30 minutes at the pool. My blood sugar this morning was 107. Also, this morning I was back up .4 to 225.4 - I noticed since weighing everyday that this is a pattern for about 5 days I flucuate up and down between .2 and .6 and then I have a drop. for a couple of days. It's interesting. Anyway, I am hoping tomorrow I am 224 - lol.

Goal for today is be under 1800 calories and exercise for at least 30 minutes.

mingle
07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Good morning, ladies! :)

beverlyjoy - so glad you are feeling better! :D

peachy - great job yesterday!

jab - glad that scale moved down for you!!

TXMary - interesting thing about the scale. I think my body does something similar. Lately, I seem to have a "whoosh" of 2-3 pounds, bounce back up anywhere from .4 - 1 pound & then kind of hang out there for a few days before I "whoosh" again. The body is such a WEIRD thing!

Had a great day yesterday. Stayed well within my calories & did a 30 minute plyometric cardio workout & 30 minutes random cross on the elliptical for 2.5 miles.

Got up this morning to get my workout in, but it was just "blah." I did a 20 minute lower body, 10 minute total body, & 10 minute core. But I'm grateful that I at least got something in, even if it wasn't my best. :)

Today's menu

Breakfast - banana, Fiber Plus bar, light cheese stick
Snack - light yogurt & 1/2 C. Total raisin bran
Lunch - wrap with hummus, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, tomato & cucumber
Snack - 1 oz. almonds, apple
Supper - side salad with 2 T. raisins & 2 T. light ranch, Orrowheat chicken sandwich with 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge
Snack - 1/2 C. cottage cheese, 1/2 C. pineapple, 1/4 C. walnuts

And for a Friday night "treat" I might have a little 90 cal Twix ice cream bar :)

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!

girlonfire
07-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Okie doke today's menu!

B: 1 cup total cereal, 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 banana, 1 cup simply orange
L: leftover brown rice and madras lentils, cooked green beans, 1 apple and peanut butter, 1 sprite zero
S: two slices toasted light wheat bread, 1 laughing cow garlic and herb wedge, 2 slices thin cut turkey pastrami
D: 2 chicken tacos, salad
S: 1 GoLean fiber and protein bar

exercise: 30 minutes of W1D3 of C25K

jab91864
07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Had cravings bad today. Work wasn't as busy as normal and I think it gave my mind more time to wander, how sad it was wandering to food...lol.

Anyway after work had to go to the grocery store and picked up some ground turkey that I hope will fix that burger craving from earlier. Too tired to cook, as I came home and worked in the garden after work, so maybe the turkey burger will be tomorrow.

Todays food

brown rice topped w/stewed venison,onions, peppers, tomatoes (leftovers)
tea (no sugar)
water

tuna
tomatoes
kidney beans
drizzle of lo-italian dressing
water

multi grain tortilla chips
spiced up re-fried beans
water

sf ice cream

sunflowergal40
07-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone! I've been AWOL for a few days. We had the chance to get away for a few days before school starts back. I had the best of intentions. :( But I think the quote about the road to you know where is paved with good intentions. :devil: My food choices were not so good. It's so stinking hard to make good choices on vacation in restaurants. I did actually go to the exercise room 2 days out of the 4. And because of my new found energy I was much more active with my family than normal. So, I've learned lessons from it. I guess it wasn't all bad. Now to get back on track.

Congrats Aunt Mingle! :D I have boy/girl twins! They are a lot of fun! :carrot::carrot:

jab91864
08-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Sunflowergal~ I think it sounds like you did pretty good.

Spent the entire day in the kitchen yesterday. I canned all day. Put up wax beans, green beans, dill pickles and pickled beets. Believe it or not I was so busy that I didn't even have time to snack...lol.

Yesterday's food consisted of a quick roast beef & tomato sandwich and that is all I had other than water all day. So while I have been avoiding bread like the plague since it is my "crack" , I won't beat myself up over it...lol

mj5
08-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone! I had a lot of fun yesterday...mani/pedi yesterday w/ my bf to celebreate her bday, then a little shopping. Then one of my nephews came over to watch scoobie doo movies and chill w/ the dogs. He's 9 and loves coming up here when he needs some "down time"...too cute.

Unfortunately, I was so busy yesterday I made some horrible food choices during the day. The good news is, I got right back on track w/ dinner--grilled chicken, grilled zucchini, salad. YUM!

I did spend some time planning healthy meals and making sure we have ALL the ingredients so next week dinners will be MUCH easier! I have my workout plan outlined and mp3 player all charged up. I WILL do this!!!!

TXMary2
08-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Good morning ladies. I have had a busy weekend. Glad to see you are all doing good.

I am still lingering at 225.4 this morning. I hope it breaks in the next day or two. Yesterday calories were 1700 something and I walked for 35 minutes.

Today's plan is to stay under 1800 and go swimming.

girlonfire
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
B: 1 cup total cereal, 1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk, 1/2 banana, WATERWATERWATER
L: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup black beans, 2nd half banana
S: 1 apple, 1 tbsp peanut butter
D: grilled salmon, kale, 1 cup cooked quinoa
S(if I feel like it): 10 carrot sticks, 1 tbsp cilantro jalapeno hummus

Exercise: it's my rest day, but 30 minute dog walk counts right?