Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies ~ Week 4

PopcornGal
07-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Week 4 -

It's Monday morning so here is the new thread.

Hope the first three weeks of this challenge have been beneficial.

PopcornGal
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Yesterday's WEED was very successful. Unfortunately my scale is not moving much at all. I guess I am just getting older and it is getting harder. :(

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 4.5 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - work some more on picking up the spare bedrooms

Wishing everyone lots of good WEED today.

jcatron243
07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for starting the thread popcorn~~

Man did I sleep in. I never sleep till 800.

We had a great time at the lake yesterday. I have a feeling we will be spending a ton of time there next month.

W 64 oz
E something
E 1500 cals
D workout

love2b150
07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Again :D

PopcornGal, my scale moved the wrong way I was 176.6 yesterday and very happy. This morning I am 178.0

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 64oz plus
E ~ 4 miles
E ~ Stay on point.
D ~ Stay positive and get things done.

SilverLife
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Good Morning!

Today's WEED:

W: 18 eight-ounce glasses
E: Callanetics, walk, gardening, stretches, rebounding and a little something else.
E: Stay on plan!
D: Nourishing thoughts and being mindful about the day.

Sending you all good thoughts for a successful week number 4! :)

Momto6inOH
07-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone. I'm slowly getting back on track. Went on about a 1 hour bike ride last night with my husband (first bike ride of summer) and am counting calories today! Jeanette

emiloots
07-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey ladies -

4 weeks already? Counted calories today for the first time in a while and blew it already with a blueberry crumb bar that I made the other night (note to self: must give any remaining baked goods away within 24 hours of making them). Been really tired, working a lot so not much time to focus on anything me oriented - trying though. I'll try and catch up with last weeks personals since I was basically MIA.

W - 64+
E - walk after the kids are asleep
E - mitigate damage with a healthy dinner
D - find some time for me!

jcatron243
07-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Yay. I worked out for an hour today!!! It felt good.

SilverLife
07-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Jeni, glad you have a nice workout! :)

Momto6, it feels good to be on track I know. :goodvibes

Emily, I like to bake, too. I make sure I give it all away. Though once in a while I will have a wee taste, limit is one tablespoon for me. :)

Today's happy WEED:

Water: 20 eight-ounce glasses
E: regular plan, mmm, mmm.
Eats: Stay on the plan. Research a bit more.
D: Today's word: equipoise!

Was hoping to see a lower number on the scale today, still at the fat side of 136. Am keeping my plan and can feel the results when I move, look in the mirror, or lay my arm at my side. Am staying with the program here and going forward.

Adding more movement throughout the day to keep the metabolic rate dancing along.

Sending you all best wishes for a day of beauty and sparkling victory! :)

jcatron243
07-27-2010, 05:26 AM
good morning everyone.

Work today. I think I may try to go workout afterwards for 35 minutes. but it all depends on how I feel. I'm a bit sore today.

Yesterdays WEED was good. todays will be too.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E less than 1500
D make it to work out.

My workouts will be a bit easier next week. Swim team is over after friday so my mornings will be free again. :) Looking forward to getting back into a good schedule.

mothermavis
07-27-2010, 08:09 AM
TOM blech. Weight is up, can't stay awake, feel like crap, menopause has got to be an improvement.

W 100
E Running, dare I try 2 days in a row? Probably hiking instead
E POP
D Shampooing my carpets and then my FIL's as well

KimL1214
07-27-2010, 09:57 AM
7/27/10 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ Waitressing
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ No nap, bed before midnight!

I stayed up way too late last night and am paying for it dearly right now. TOM is also kicking my butt and making me feel icky. No time for personals right now, but I'll get on later!

PopcornGal
07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like several of us are in a hormonal funk. Ick. The scale won't budge for two days now and it is not like it was moving rapidly. :mad:

I was hoping to hit my goal for July early this week. Now I am wondering if I am going to hit it at all. :(

On top of it I was too tired last night to do much more than my walk.

Just going to keep forging on.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3.5 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - groom the dog

love2b150
07-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Good Morning,

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 miles
E ~ better than all week
D ~ Stay positive

Have a nice day everyone :hug:

MamaP
07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I need to get my act together . . .this is my brain the last few days or so ~

Do I have to . . .

. . . get out of bed?
. . . shower & get dressed?
. . . go to work?
. . . eat?
. . . think?
. . . function?

Ever have one of those days? I've managed to do the first three things on the list . . . not so sure about the others.

love2b150
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry Kris :hug: I think we all have days like that at some time. Hope things get better for you.

Momto6inOH
07-27-2010, 12:59 PM
PopcornGal - "Just keep forging on" is a great mindset! I must say that reading how much water everyone is drinking is inspiring me to drink more - I do not drink near enough... I stayed to my calories yesterday - first time I've counted in a long time.. I'm on track today. For today:

W: 64 oz.
E: Brisk walk after work
E: 1200-1300 calories
D: Clean a room tonight

Have a great rest of your day all! Jeanette

TIARA
07-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Good afternoon ladies...

Popcorn.. im here.. its just a slow start.. but we can accomplish our goal we still have 4 weeks left anything is possible..

jeanette.. a bike ride with the hubby sounds lovely.. The only bike i have is stationary lol but somedays i wished i had one .. because id rather ride then walk or jogg..

Emily.. lol whenever i bake i make it a mission to send it all home with everyone eles but sometimes imy sister sneeks some back for her. Then i must call on my will power or if i cant find it i throw her stash away.. hahah better in the trash then in my tummy.

Jeni.. good job with the work out.. im starting again with my wii fit. i missed it. but it sure is blunt it told me they forgot my name because i was gone for 57 days lol i guess i need to be more on point with it..lol

mothermavis.. i use to hate shampooing the carpet at my moms but its a must with white carpet.. hope you get it clean and dried today..

kim... get a good nights rest tonight..

kris.. i love your pic of your grandkids. so adorable it reminds me of a picture we took of my brother when he was a few months old . We put him in the middle of my 2 cabbage patch dolls and they were both bald you had to look twice to see which was the real one.. lol

Well im having an awesome day .. maybe becaus eits my day off lol.. anyway i have been exercising with the wii fit and i feel better full of energy. also ive been watching my calories like a hawk.. im hoping for big #z 2mo...

w 64++
e wii fit 1 hour
e 1200 kalz
d cook dinner for the week..

MamaP
07-27-2010, 08:51 PM
kris.. i love your pic of your grandkids. so adorable it reminds me of a picture we took of my brother when he was a few months old . We put him in the middle of my 2 cabbage patch dolls and they were both bald you had to look twice to see which was the real one.. lol

Thanks Tiara. I think they are pretty cute, too. I can picture the type of picture you are talking about with the cabbage patch doll's - my sister has a picture of my nephew like that. I think they even put the cabbage patch dolls football uniform on him for the picture.

Momto6inOH
07-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi Tiara! :D Glad you had an awesome day & have started back with your Wii workouts.

Kris - did yesterday go better for you? I've found that I usually don't have two really bad days in a row but I have had two days of making "blond" comments in a row (like this week). Yesterday, on a conference call, I asked if there would be power at a laptop station in our trade show exhibit booth. :dizzy:

I'm on vacation all next week - camping. I'm in ultra focus mode now - don't want to leave too many loose ends on my job.

Yesterday, I only went over my calories by one Turtle Chex Bar. Those are so good and really not bad for calories/fat.

Everyone have a great day!

W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes at Y right after work (even if I don't think I have the time)
E: 1200 calories (strict)
D: One foot in front of other...

MamaP
07-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Kris - did yesterday go better for you?

Thanks for asking. I am still struggling - fighting hard to hold back the cloud that seems to be trying to suffocate me. I am doing good to function (if you can call it that). I really had thought I was well past dealing with depression. Late last summer I was diagonosed with a severe vitamin D deficiency after years of intermittent depression, some times much worse than others. Treating the deficiency helped alleviate the depression, but two days ago it smacked me right in the face again. It doesn't help that I have some issues I am dealing with, but the depression symptoms are way out of whack.

SilverLife
07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Kris, am sending you lots of good thoughts! :hug:

Today's WEED:

W: 16+ eight-ounce glasses of water
E: usual nifty regime
E: stay on plan
D: Taking care of the list. :)

I wish you all special beauty today! :goodvibes

mothermavis
07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Kris, hang in there. I too, have an ongoing battle with depression, so I know where you are.

Tiara, glad you had a great day!!

Momto, great job!!

W 100
E Running this am
E POP
D One day at a time. Control what you can control.

PopcornGal
07-28-2010, 09:41 AM
In a funk over the battle between the scale and my hormones ...... :boxing:
and my hormones are winning :(

I have been working diligently - no cheating, working out even when I am exhausted, drinking plenty of water - so what the %#@% is up with my weight????? I only needed to lose one more pound this week to reach my July goal and I lost a half a pound but now I am back up.

Sorry I am so whiny but this is about the point where I want to throw in the towel. In the last 4 days I have logged 17.5 miles of walking and what was the point. I could have laid in bed all evening and not been any worse off.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - no time tonight maybe 1 mile walk
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - try not to give up on this

southernbelle102
07-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi there! I am new to this forum. I would love to join in on this challenge if that is okay :) A little about myself: I am a 27 year old woman who has struggled with her weight in every way possible and is ready for a change! I started last month (JUne 30th to be exact at 380) and today, I weighed in at 350. I am 6'2" and my goal weight is 180 (eventually)

So, here goes:

W= 64+
E= take a brisk walk tonight around my neighborhood
E= stick between 1200 and 1600
D= work on the wedding photos I am editing (I am a professional photographer)

Thanks for the support!

mothermavis
07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome Belle! Glad you found us!

30 lbs in 4 weeks, you are doing great!!!!

jcatron243
07-28-2010, 10:05 AM
:welcome: southerbelle.

:hug: Kris. I hope you start feeling like yourself again soon.

Tiara~I'm glad you are getting back on your Wii!

Popcorn~just think how your body would be without the 17 miles of walking! even if the scale is not moving you are sliming down! You may not see it yet, but you are!!!!

MM~keep on running!

Silver~you are such an upbeat person, I love having you in our group.

Jeanette~I want to go camping so bad. I may go next Sun/mon/Tues if the weather cooperates.

Well today is a better day. My scale was wakko on Monday. Today its back to normal. HMM I didn't get to workout after work yesterday, but I am going today after swim team practice.

W 100 oz
E 60 minutes I think
E less than 1500 works for me
D workout. spend time on ME

southernbelle102
07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all!

love2b150
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
:welcome: Southernbelle102

I'm sorry some of you aren't in the best of spirits, I truly pray that things get better for you. :hug: to ALL. To those that are staying on point, WTG.

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz plus
E ~ something with Leslie :)
E ~ not under my calories
D ~ Stay on point

... feeling lazy today, not sure what that's about. Gonna do my exercise after 1 then my energy will follow :). Have a great day.

SilverLife
07-28-2010, 12:45 PM
SouthernBelle, welcome! This is a wonderful challenge group. Glad you've joined us.

Jeni, thanks for the kind thoughts! I've got a big smile now! :)

I've added keeping track of carbs as well as calories and can feel it's helping.

Hope to have a good report on Sunday!

Am sending you all good thoughts for victory this afternoon! :goodvibes

TIARA
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
hello everyone.. it sure is very ot ihere in hawaii.. id love to go to the beach but there is so much to do..

Popcorn.. we have all been there the secret is not to give up.

Southern bell.. welcome... looking forward to getting to know you..

jeanette.. i have never been camping but would love to go.. i told my friends i have one condition there must be running water..lol so i can take a bath and use the rest room.. what kind of camping are you gonna do? tent camping or lodging camping?

w64++
e wii boxing
e 1200
d clean bathroom.. visit papa

wk1 236
wk2 239 pms
wk3 235
wk4 233 my lowest/weight i was in feb my 22nd bday...

emiloots
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey ladies -

Sorry to hear some of you are having a rough go of it lately - ****, if we didn't all have deeper issues of some sort then we probably wouldn't need this forum :hug: Keep hanging in there everyone, the highs never occur without the lows as well.

DH wants to do P90X (this is the man who hasn't exercised since college), his idea not mine; but he wants us to do it together so hopefully we'll see some results. Should be here sometime next week or so, wish us luck - I'll let you all know how it is.

Food wasn't the best today - basically I ate carbs all day long, latte for bfast, bagel for lunch, pasta for dinner. All this beautiful produce at my house and I eat pasta (although it had homemade pesto, does that count?)

WEED for tomorrow:
W - 64+
E - I'll try and figure something out
E - On Plan
D - get ready for our trip to Buffalo for my cousins wedding

mothermavis
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I brewed a big spot of 2x strength coffee for iced coffee, trying to find treats that don't break the calorie bank!

I had a great run this morning! I've been out several times walking with the dogs and stayed OP with my eating. Hoping to see a good number this week, really really want to get back out of the 150's asap!!

love2b150
07-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Well I didn't do any exercise today, didn't feel like it but tomorrow is a new day. And I will pick myself up and dust off. Nite all

southernbelle102
07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Today, I met my goal for water and food but did not exercise at all. I was exhausted and took a 4 hour nap this evening (slept the evening away). Tomorrow is a new day and I will start over with a new goal. I hope you all had a nice day!!

SilverLife
07-29-2010, 03:46 AM
Good Morning, all!

Tiara, congratulations on your success!
Emiloots, I think the pesto is the best part!
Mothermavis, hooray for staying on plan. I don't see quick results anymore, and I find staying on plan is reassuring.
Love2b, am sending you lots of good thoughts.
SouthernBelle, I wish you much success with your new goal.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses
E: Usual lovely things
E: Keeping my plan. I revised my plan and like it much better!
D: Keeping God first, in all things.

I wish you a beautiful start today, and lovely victories each moment, all day! :goodvibes

emiloots
07-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Morning ladies -

love2b - that's the right attitude, can't change the past, only look to tomorrow as a new day

southern - hope you enjoyed your nap, you must have needed it!

mavis - congrats on sticking to it, hope your hard work reflects in the scale this week

Doing OK here, 164.6 this morning so better than it was a week or so ago. Trying to get back to counting points, it's what I was successful with before the bambinos so we'll give it a shot again. Hope everyone has a great day.

W - 64+
E - really need to work on this, none currently planned
E - OP
D - pack, clean the house, read a little before bed

mothermavis
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Still on vacation for a few more days. Going to the Y right in the middle of the morning!! :D Raquetball if YS agrees. Adaptive trainer thing if he doesn't!

I am not a camping fan, we go once in a great while, but I am not a good camper. I always tell DH, my idea of camping is a hotel without a heated pool!

I do have to get to the grocery today and the farmers market is tomorrow!

W 100
E Y
E POP
D Silver is right, if God is first, the rest comes together!

southernbelle102
07-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks, Tiara! Thanks, Silver! Yes, Emiloots, I think I definitely needed it!! :) I hope that you are all having a good morning! Enjoy the rest of your vacay, Mother mavis! Congrats to you for sticking with your exercise even when you are on vacation! I am with you on the camping thing :)

Todays WEED:

W=64+
E= walk tonight with my mother
E= stick within daily cal amount
D= Remember to have more conversations with God throughout the day (not just when I need something)

love2b150
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Southernbelle, I truly wanted to nap. I haven't had a day like that in awhile :) but today's a new day. And I feel energized, yay me. Hope you feel the same.

SilverLife, thanks for the good thoughts, :hug:

Emiloots, yes Ma'am and staying positive

Mothermavis, I don't like camping either. I am actually fine though until lights out at 10. That's when you hear all of the sounds that were ignored and unseen all day. But it's only one night twice a year with the Cub Scout families.

Don't know if any of you have heard of freecycle but last night I asked for a treadmill and an elliptical and I am going to pick up the elliptical today, Yay. So if it rains my workout will be on the elliptical. Oh I'm also going to Olive Garden for lunch today. Soup and salad :)

Hi to everyone I missed, hope you have a terrific on point day! Blessings, :goodvibes and :hug: to ALL

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 miles track or the elliptical
E ~ try to eat more real meals, no Slim Fast today
D ~ stay positive

KimL1214
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
love2b150~ I actually just logged onto the local freecycle site for here, I'm psyched to see what's on there!!!

mothermavis~ Have a great rest of your vacation! I work the Farmers markets every Saturday for my parents, although we have our Family Reunion this weekend, so it's going to be strange to not have to pack 200 qts. of blueberries into a truck at 7AM

emiloots~ Counting points? WW? Good Luck with P90X, I heard it's pretty tough.

SilverLife~ Good Morning!

TIARA~ Did you ever get to the beach?

SouthernBelle~ WELCOME!!! :hug: 30lbs. is an awesome loss so far! This is a great thread to vent and keep in touch!

jcatron243~ Did you get in a good workout yesterday?

PopcornGal~ How are you doing with your goal? You might just be at some kind of plateau right now, keep pushing and I bet you'll see a good loss at some point, although it may be a day or week later then you wanted. You're doing amazing!

MamaP~ I've been having those slow moving days a lot lately, I'm wondering if the heat is sapping motivation! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Momto6inOH~ Turtle Chex Bars sound supper yummy, gonna look for those at the store this weekend... How are you doing?

Super busy at the restaurant again last night. I definitely got in a walking and lifting workout while I was there. Only had one pain table, which is unusual as there are usually at least 2 or 3 a night. They were super demanding with this one little girl who was maybe 8 or 9, and I kid you not, pushing 140-150lbs. She wanted an adult sized meal with a double cheeseburger and fries along with an adult size sundae. Our burgers are 2/3lb. single patties, and we include at least 3/4-1lb. of fries... she complained there weren't enough fries... The adult sized sundae is 3 scoops, again complained it was too small. I ran back and forth to them for over an hour, $100 check, got a $7 tip. Sad part is, I guessed I would only get $5. It's really frustrating to work so hard to give someone a good experience at the restaurant and then basically have them slap you in the face when they leave and leave a measly tip. Sorry, venting...
So I burned AGAIN. After my 3rd degree sunburn in June (that is still not fully healed) you would think I would have smartened up, but it was a last minute recruit for me to help chaperon at one of the state parks. Last minute means... no sunscreen, no umbrella, a really nice sunburn. The spots of my skin that hadn't healed fully yet are swollen up into nice welts, I'm thinkin it might be a good idea to see a doctor about them as I have a feeling that they're areas where the skin had not thickened up yet... gross, yes, ugh!
K, enough venting, almost the weekend!!!

7/29/10 WEED

W~ 100ozH20
E~ WALK!!!
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Smile more! Need to be more positive today!

SilverLife
07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Hello, all!

Mothermavis, are you tent camping? I did that a great deal as a child and have switched to trailer camping, which I thoroughly enjoy. Full kitchen and bath right there, hot water, gas stove, closets, a real bed. Mmmm, and out in the country to watch the stars and the fireflies. I think tent camping is for the young and hardy. I will admit that I went through a staying-in-hotels phase, too. But now, I prefer staying in a trailer. Will you smile at the stars for me? I think I'd enjoy being a full-time RVer.

KimL, do you know about taking a bath with vinegar in it to help sunburn? Please be careful in the sun. I spent a lot of time in the sun in Arizona when I was in college and I have sun-damaged skin because of it. We used to lay out in the sun, sometimes at mid-day and in the afternoon, slathered in baby oil, and drink watered-down Welch's grape juice.

Am off to do chores and errands. Will check in later.

PopcornGal
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Yesterday's WEED went okay.

Thanks for the support everyone. I am somewhat resigned to this week not being good. But will keep pushing as best I can.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - house cleaning

love2b150
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Kim, I love freecycle. It's great to keep things out of our land fields and to give things to people that need them (hopefully no-resellers).

PopcornGal, I feel the same way about this week weight wise :hug: Hopefully August will bring new lows :)

TIARA
07-29-2010, 07:56 PM
silverlife.. thankyou.. im excited.. i cant wait to see the numbers go lower..

southern belle.. i need to remember that as well..

kim.. nope i was way too busy yesterday but i did pass the ocean yesterday while i was doing a few of my erransz.. thats always nice..

w 64++
e walk/ jogg 2 miles..
e 1200 calories
d fold laundry and put away..

MamaP
07-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I am feeling a little better today . . . thanks to everyone for their concerns. I actually cooked a meal today - it's the first time I've cooked anything since the hot dogs I cooked on the grill Saturday for my garage sale. I'm a long way from feeling good, but am better.

I hope everyone is doing well . . . welcome to the new folks and welcome back to the returning folks. :)

SilverLife
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
MamaP, it's nice to have you post. Am sending lots of good thoughts! :hug:

mothermavis
07-29-2010, 09:16 PM
That's the way Kris, just keep on keeping on! We can do this.

Got my exercise in today! Raquetball w YS and then weights. Hate weights, just saying! But, my Y has this thing called Fitlinxx, keeps track of what you are lifting each day and overall. I did every single machine today, 2 sets on almost all, I lifted over 11,600 pounds today!!! Yay me!

SL, we did tent camping, but I live out in the boonies, literally see the deer and turkeys, hear the bear and coyotes from my open bedroom window. Just no reason for me to leave. We are talking about boating out to one of the islands for a weekend of lake camping, that I will do if the chance comes up.

Kim, I would buy your blueberries if we were at the same market. Got wicked blackberries and raspberries a week or two ago. What a treat! Tomorrow, getting goat cheese, tomatoes and whatever else looks yummy!

jcatron243
07-29-2010, 09:44 PM
:wave: fly by post sorry I didn't pop in this morning. I didn't workout yesterday or today no matter how hard I planned it. Ive been on track with food and water though. thats something. Tomorrow is the last day of swiim team so my mornings will be free for my normal 830 workouts again :) I just want to get back to my regular schedule again.

Since May I have slacked on my workouts and my scale shows. But honestly right now I could care less about my weight, I just want to get back to my 60 minute + workouts.

SilverLife
07-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Good Morning, all!

Mothermavis, you are getting quite the exercise. I see your point about camping. I think it would be ideal to have the benefits of living way out in the country and being right in town, somehow in the very same place. Have no clue how to combine those. Boating sounds like a nice change, too.

Jeni, you are busy! I've been concentrating on my exercise and what I eat lately and not pushing myself to keep the calories way down. Not losing fast, but at least I'm not adding pounds.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses, which is 128 refreshing ounces, plus tea, mmmmm.
E: the usual, minus the pressure to be perfectly fit by tonight
E: Staying on plan, keeping track of the ratios of carbs, protein, & fats.
D: Enjoy life and living, love beauty in each moment, rather than thinking about all the things I wish were different.

I wish you all a lovely start today, and serene victories! :goodvibes

jcatron243
07-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Silver~In March I was down to 136. I worked out 2.5 hours on my days off (sometimes 3 hours) and 35 minutes afterwork. With my work schedule I am off 15 days a month. I also was eating 1200 calories a day. After March I slowly started letting up on my workout schedule. By May I realized that I couldn't maintain the 130's without keeping that schedule. So even though my weight is up now, I am finding a more maintainable weight. I am thinking once my schedule is back to normal I will be at around 140.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D work will be long and boring, but I hope to keep a good attitude.

mothermavis
07-30-2010, 08:18 AM
K all have a great day! Going to breakfast w YS and his GF, should be fun

Then off to the Y

BBL.

W 100
E Y
E OP, careful w breakfast
D One choice at a time!

KimL1214
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
mothermavis~ :wave:Good Morning!!!:wave:

TIARA~ I love the smell of the ocean, but unfortunately have not seen it in a few years now.

SilverLife~ I have really fair skin, so I've always burned, but some of the medications that I am on now have made things a lot worse for me.

PopcornGal~ How are you doing today?

love2b150~ I'm just waiting for freecycle to approve me right now, I'm hopin to find something!!!

Last day of summer school, so HAPPY! We're having a BBQ today, so I brought my own wrap with me to put my burger in, and there will be lots of veggies, so I'm pretty sure I'll be okay.

7/30/10

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 45 Minute Min. Walk
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Bring snacks to Drive In...

southernbelle102
07-30-2010, 11:10 AM
love2be150I did enjoy that nap... it is nice to be able to take one every once in a while :) Also, I hope you love your elliptical! I want one of those so badly!

KimL1214Thanks so much! I am hoping it will continue to come off pretty quickly! Take care of that burn! I have pale skin so I know how easy it can be to get so burned. If you carry a purse, it might help to keep a small bottle of sunscreen in it for emergencies :)

PopcornGal I hope your day went much better than you were expecting! Just keep pushing :)

TIARA I once did this meditation and the gist was about in-visioning yourself going throughout your day and thinking how God must feel that we totally shut him out. It is from His perspective...ex. " You woke up this morning and I was so excited to hear from you but I see you were busy and didn't have time to chat right now... the day is halfway over and I know some great things have happened today. I thought you'd want to share them with me but I guess you will later... etc..." It really made me realize how often I go my entire day without taking to God. I found that really sad. The sad part is really that even though I am aware of how little I do talk to Him, I still don't make enough time in my day for God.

MamaPHi there! Thanks for the welcome! I hope you continue to feel better!

mothermaviscongrats on that awesome workout!!

jcatron243Hi! Hope you are able to get back into your routine soon :)

Silverlife Good morning to you too!

Yesterday was hard for me as far as hunger is concerned. It was just one of those hungry, hungry days. However, I stayed within my calorie count and am really proud of myself for doing so. Also, I spent the evening with friends and the food was abundant (and there were all kinds of foods that are very tempting to me). I stuck to my guns and just ate a few grapes and waited until I got home to eat supper. To me, it is nice to be able to get together to socialize and not make it about the food.

Hope today is a little easier as far as the hunger pains go...

W=64+
E= Walk
E= stay in allotted cals
D=edit photos

MamaP
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
220.5 this morning . . . maybe I'll hit the teens by next week sometime. 4 lbs until I reach my labor day (originally July 4) goal of 40 lbs lost.

Happy Friday to everyone! TGIF.

love2b150
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
southernbelle glad you did. Makes you feel refreshed. We have to print out the instructions if that makes sense to figure how make it less intense. My husband said wow this is a good workout, he was only on it for a few minutes and he's 6"6, 250lbs, so I didn't feel so bad not being able to stay on. But maybe that's what I need to kick my hinny in gear. We'll see ;)

Kim, You'll love it. Hope your city(s) don't have a ton of rules. And remember to never type the word need. Freecycle is great and some of the things on their are funny, nothing is trash. Gives true meaning to your trash is someones treasure. You'll see, have fun :) It's the perfect for the foods that you try and don't like but don't want to throw away. I could go on and on so I'll stop. (hehehe)

I am a little bummed that I have only lost 5lbs this month. I know that's not bad it's better than nothing. And according to some calculator I did I should reach my goal weight by May 2011. I one month past my 45th birthday.

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz
E ~ walk 3 miles and elliptical, I need this, gonna try not to kill myself on the ellipitcal
E ~ got up late so stay on time with my 1, 4 and 7 p.m. times I eat every 3 hours
D ~ Stay positive

:hug: to ALL Have a wonderful day/weekend :)

mtiger
07-30-2010, 04:23 PM
WOW!! I really have been gone a long time. I just got busy with life there for a while. SPending time with friends etc. We had to put one of our dogs to sleep on Monday and that has been tough. I've spend a good deal of time dealing with that. Then all the craziness of my life...car troubles (for son), no jobs (for the men in the household), just a bunch of junk really.

Well after my little vacation trip, my weight isn't too bad.. TOM FINALLY came. Almost 2 weeks late. I think my body is trying to tell me something. 2 times in June and then 6 weeks till the next. I did just turn 50,,,didn't I???
I am hoping that once this passes I will show some weight loss.

This week has been one of my worst...ever. It seems all i have done is go out to eat and haven't gotten in very many workouts. ME?? Can you imagine. Well I am going to get right back on track and I have already started TODAY!!!

love2b150
07-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi Mindy :wave: ... not junk at all. I can sympathize, seems like when we get one car fixed something goes wrong on another or when you get something fixed on one that same one has another issue. I want so badly to just junk our truck but DH keeps fixing it. Our oldest is looking for a job still no luck. I've been looking but am limited to the times because we have 4 children 12 and under. Sorry about your doggy. :hug: Good for you on getting back on track, :high:

Take care, another :hug:

SilverLife
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Mindy, I'm sorry about your dog. That's hard.

Kept my plan very nicely today.

Hope you all have a lovely evening! :)

SilverLife
07-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Good Morning, all!

Goodness, no posts in this thread yesterday evening. Did you all go out on the town?

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses of refreshing filtered water
E: usual, but intend to enjoy it even more
E: stay on my nifty, new plan
D: Pray throughout the day, maintain spiritual poise and gracious, good humor! :)

Am sending you happy thoughts this Saturday morning and wishing you all a lovely start! :goodvibes

jcatron243
07-31-2010, 06:10 AM
:wave: again.

Yesterday was awsome on food. Water was great too. work was enough exercise, my foot hurt so I didn't go to the gym.

Today:

W: 64 oz
E: try for 35 minutes or go for a walk after work.
E:1300 cals
D: find my motivation to go workout after work

mothermavis
07-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Morning all!

Blip on the radar today. Went to Chili's w DH last night. Made great choices (fajitas without the tortillas, just meat, veggies and some guac) but still too much sodium, so feel like a snausage this am. Several glasses of water should get me back to 152 by Monday though!
\
Jeni, hope the foot feels better, great job yesterday!

Mindy, sorry about the dog. :hug: Glad you are back with us!!

Silver, Peace to you as well

Love2 b, 4 under 12? Bless you!!

W 120 today, need to get rid of Chilis
E Hiking perhaps?
E POP
D Peace!

southernbelle102
07-31-2010, 07:41 AM
morning everyone!:)

About to head out for a photo-shoot. I am supposed to go to dinner with friends tonight so I hope there are some good choices wherever they choose for us to go! I know I can always get a salad if there isn't anything else.

Hope y'all have a great day!

W= 64+
E=walking downtown after photo-shoot
E=stick to set calorie amounts
D= enjoy being outside today (heat and all)

MamaP
07-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm a teen! Woo hoo! Hit 219.6 today. Hope everyone has a good weekend, mine's gonna be busy. Still not feeling great, but feeling better each day. :)

love2b150
07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Good Morning All,

MotherMavis, we have 17, 12, 11, 9 & 6. It's a fun house. :dizzy:

MamaP congrats on the teen. :high:

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96ozs
E ~ walk 3 miles or elliptical
E ~ on point
D ~ going to do some planning today and try calorie cycling again starting tomorrow

Have a Positively On Point Day Ladies :hug: to YOU ALL

SilverLife
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi, all! Nice to read of everyone doing so well.

MamaP, congratulations on the 'teens! That's super!

Am sending you all lots of smiles and good thoughts! :goodvibes

jcatron243
07-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Kris :hug: congrats.

Today was just like yesterday. Perfect with food, and water, no gym. I need new work boots so my foot will get better. But The company wont buy them for another 2 months. Maybe I will find some good insoles.

MamaP
07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I decided I wanted to go try on clothes tonight. The pants and top are a size 12. I was shocked that I could get them on. The pants were snug (who needs to breath, right?), but they were on. The dress is a size 8/10. It only fit because of the style and type of material. Wow. . . a size 12 and a size 8/10 ~ the smallest size I can remember wearing in over 25 years is a size 14 and I don't think I wore a size 14 for very long.

love2b150
07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Congrats Kris, looking good!

SilverLife
08-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Kris, congratulations on doing so well! It is a great feeling to wear clothes we've been wanting to.

Jeni, I'm glad you've been keeping your food and exercise plans so well. It's such a relief to know we can count on ourselves to do that. Insoles sound super. I know that work boots that are worn out or that don't fit right can cause troubles.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses, or more
E: the usual
E: keeping my plan and eating mindfully, and enjoying it
D: Being mindful in whatever I'm doing, keeping a gracious perspective.

I'm enjoying my new food plan. It's really helping. Am down another pound and feel much better. One example of my changes: even though I hadn't eaten wheat in a few years, I decided to cut out other grains for a while and see if that would help. Ooh, do I feel better! Sleeping more restfully, and feel calmer in general. No more bloatedness after eating, etc.

Wishing you all a lovely start today and an all round spiffy day! :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-01-2010, 07:29 AM
W 64 oz
E hmm i should at least do some pilates.
E 1300 or less
D today will be a short shift. dont let the manager annoy me.

busy mummy
08-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Chicks, I hope it's ok for me to jump in on this challenge. I just joined tonight and am looking for some motivation. I think a challenge like this will be good for me and make me more accountable. I had to go back to the week 1 thread to find out what you were talking about, WEED?? too funny!
Ok so my WEED for tomorrow is

W: 2 Litres
E: 30 mins
E: eat breakfast!
D: The beginning, a very good place to start!

MamaP
08-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Welcome Busy Mummy. You have come to a great place for support.

SilverLife
08-01-2010, 08:53 AM
BusyMummy, welcome! I'm glad you've joined us! :)

I wish you much success!

busy mummy
08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks Silverlife and MamaP I appreciate the warm welcome :)

mtiger
08-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Welcome Mummy!!

Today is a beautiful day in Mich. Going to watch my neice show her horse at fair and enjoy the day. TOM is rolling through with a vengance. Guess that's what happens when it's been 5.5 weeks. Can I just get under 175 for a minute please????

love2b150
08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Sunday to you ALL

:welcome: Busy Mummy

Mindy, I so want to see something other than 178 and this morning it had the nerve to be 178.4, LOL. TTOM is here so maybe next week will be better.

I have decided that this will be the month to try new healthy foods. Yesterday I tried peach Greek yogurt, pretty good. I came from church and had oatmeal for snack. I've had oatmeal before but the texture gets to me so I wouldn't eat it. I made a 1/2 cup (dry) and ended up eating only half of the serving. I thought that was a plus. I added cinnamon and no sugar maple, not bad but it will take some getting use to. I'm tired today not sure what that's all about but it'll pass. :)

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 mile walk
E ~ calorie cycling stay on point
D ~ pep up and stay positive

Have a Great Day :hug:

mothermavis
08-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Welcome Busy!

Love2b, love the idea of trying new foods, may follow that by trying at least a couple new veggies this week when I shop.

Silverlife, love, love your attitude. Thanks!

Mama, glad for old clothes that fit like new!!

Mindy, have a great day, enjoy the fair.

Jeni, hope you had a good day too.

I have had a great couple days. Did go hiking yesterday and golfing today. Ran on Friday afternoon and will run again tomorrow and do some more weights.

Hope all is well! :hug:

SilverLife
08-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi, all!

Hmmm, thought I had posted.

Mindy, am sending you sailing-right-through-TOM thoughts. I know I've had to try everything comforting to get through them. Hot pads, yoga, putting my legs up, magnesium and zinc. Those hormones can be a challenge. :)

Love2b, am sending you good thoughts! I'm a bit quieter now that it's so hot, and find I need to space my exercising throughout the day more, and make sure I get little rests.

Mothermavis, thank you for the lovely thoughts! How is your golfing coming along?

I'm enjoying using my rebounder again. Keeps my blood moving happily along.

Hope you all are staying cool and having a special Sunday! :)

love2b150
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
MotherMavis, I need to find a few new veggies also. And invest in a steamer.

SilverLife thanks for the good thoughts. It's pretty nice here today. When I left for church it was 70 something degrees. It's been partly cloudy all day. We are supposed to go walking later and hopefully today we'll get to do all 3 miles before the rain. I was dragging earlier but realized I hadn't taken my vitamin this morning. So all better.

mothermavis
08-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Silverlife, I am a horrible golfer! But it is fun and we don't use a cart so we get some exercise. Last week I golfed with both my sons and today with my YS and my nephew, so I love it!!!! Family time can't be beat!

emiloots
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow! Went to Buffalo for the weekend for my cousins wedding and there are 3 PAGES of posts to catch up on! I'll try to read them all tomorrow, meanwhile it's late and DH is going out of town tomorrow for work so we're trying to get everything together. Hope everyone had a great weekend, here's to another good week on plan!

SilverLife
08-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Good Morning, all!

Mothermavis, the way you golf sounds really nice!

Emily, hope you had a lovely time in Buffalo.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 of those eight-ounces glasses
E: the usual nifty things
E: keeping track and staying on my ever-so-nice plan
D: Remembering to keep God first, while getting everything taken care of.

I wish everyone an especially nice day! :)

busy mummy
08-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks again for the welcomes.
Well day 1 of my WEED, I drank more than my planned water, I didn't get in my half hour of dedicated exercise, but did get on my leg magic 4 times today to do 100 reps. Eating, went really well and I did eat breakfast!

The best part of today was talking to another mother at Playgroup about how I am going to make positive changes towards my health and fitness and she has offered to go walking with me in the evening. Yay, I have a walking buddy!! :)

WEED for tomorrow
W: 3 litres
E: half hour of excercise
E: eat breakfast
D: Keep going!

jcatron243
08-02-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208851-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-week-5-a.html#post3416308
Post here ladies!