View Full Version : Weekly Chat: July 26- August 2

Tejas
07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
:carrot:

New Pages!

Tejas
07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Good Morning:

Well, still stuck with my weight going back and forth between 176-179. Tired of this.

But, last night was wonderful. There were 8 women, 3 kayaks and various floating devices, refreshments and lots of laughter. I've never been in a kayak but people were generous and I took 2 of the kayaks out onto the lake. I tipped over once, but warm Texas lake water is not too tough to take. The sunset and moon rise were spectacular. There were lots of clouds as the moon was rising, but they dissipated and the moon was just glorious. I didn't get home until 11:30.

The women were very nice; most of them were artists of one type or another...painters, potters, etc.

This morning the doggie goes to the vet to get a growth on her eyelid removed. The vet says it won't be too traumatic for her, and it is causing eye infections.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda

Vickie
07-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to meet with Jenny. My scale is not giving me good news this morning but we shall see. I feel all TOM bloated. Ugh.

BBL.

nancy237
07-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Rhonda..that sounds so adventuresome and cool, I never saw myself kayaking either but I found it is so peaceful to be out in the water in one...could you get back in the kayak when you tipped it over??I have trouble with that..
I wish you lived near me because I need friends to kayak with.

Vickie..my scales are not good today either...I ate very salty yesterday,
so I think that is most of the problem.

I have a long list I am about to start on. Errands first.

nancy237
07-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Topic this week (if you care to share)
Favorite childhood holiday tradition/memory

I loved the way that we piled the wrapping paper when we opened Christmas gifts until it was covering the whole floor. When we got done opening
gifts dad & I would burn the paper and make all the neat colors in the fireplace.
Everyone watched until the fire-paper show was over !!

When I got married my husband tried to collect each piece of wrapping paper as we opened and I hated that...Robin knows I love the pile of wrapping paper!!!

My other favorite was going in the car to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve in our PJ's...

beach bum
07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

FINALLY,finally, the humidity is broken and I have the window & doors opened to get that cool air whirling around my home. I just couldn't stand it anymore.I had a problem with my smoke detectors last night while sleeping I thought I had a fire,but when I checked it was only the detectors going off with this high humidity we were having. At Least that what the man at the fire dept told me.Slept downstairs in the living room with the a/c going on full blast to get the air to cool down and with that the detector were quite again. Today I'm going to have a handy man check it out for me.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Sorry about your weight fluctuating from # to # I'm having the same problem, but I blaming the humidity that we had all month long.Glad you had a wonderful time with the ladies,never done Kayaking even thought its very popular in these part of the woods,I not a water person other than swimming here and there.

VICKIE-Good luck at Jenny's I maintained this week,and now the water bloating is finally gone also. Hope,we won't see or feel this weather for a long time.My DGS jumped on my scale several time and got it out of whack,but TG Its now working again. Going to keep a watch on him when my DD &n family are coming up next week.

NANCY-That's what I doing ,have to work from a list to keep me from forgetting anything, very forgetful lately.

Have a wonderful day

nancy237
07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Maryann..
That is concerning about your smoke detectors...
Are they Carbon Monoxide detectors also...If so
get a new one or something because you cannot tell when
that is in your house. I almost died from that in college.
Maybe a new smoke detector for $ 20 that will not go off from humidity..

Just want you to be safe !!!

Tejas
07-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Nancy, I have to think about those childhood memories and will do so. I know that I really enjoyed family dinners.
And, finding where my parents hid the Christmas presents was fun!

I didn't have trouble getting back in the kayak. I wasn't far from the shore, so I paddled over to where I could stand up. I do have a very sore right thumb tonight so I must have done something to it then. But, it was worth it!

I went to aquafit and the plan is to go to spinning class in the morning.

The doggie is back home, really zonked out. No walk tonight :lol:

'night all.

Vickie
07-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Chick! Jenny says I gained .2 yesterday but I don't think so. I feel so bloated and crampy. Please NO TOM. I SO wish to be done.

Doctors appointment this morning, errands, and then I hope to get into the pool. Brodie's foot seems better. I'm still trying to get him to take it easy. Good luck to me!

Hope you are all well. Tonight I'm cooking my Meat Sauce and I'm adding mushrooms to hide the fact that I'm cutting back on the meat. We will love it, I'm sure.

beach bum
07-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Going to attempt to get down to the beach this morning to try to get my walking done.Than to pick up my meds and get bathroom cleaner,as my DD is suppose to visit with me next week.

NANCY-Getting 4 new smoke detectors in this morning and one carbon monoxide detector for the basement.that will be put in some time this morning. I have two of them[life alert] one up stairs on the second floor and one in my living room right next to the basement door.

RHONDA-Glad that you didn't have a serous in jury while kayaking.Your brave I won't get into one of those.

VICKIE-Sorry the scale didn't co-operate with what you wanted to see,but .2 is a maintain to me,especially with this humid weather we are having.

Have to go, have a wonderful day

ontarget
07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi, Chickies. We're home and are doing catch up chores. I'm sticking to my plan of weighing after 30 days and still have about 13 or so, so maybe I will have shed trip weight. (Hope I'm not trying to fool myself.)

Rhonda, your evening sounds like fun. Your going to aquafit reminds me of when I did water aerobics in Montana. Sometimes I miss it but not enough to keep searching for a class down here. I just didn't like the one at our fitness club--too crowded.

Vickie, .2 isn't bad. TOM is probably your culprit. I'm glad Brodie's getting better.

Maryann, I'm glad your humidity has gotten lower. We're wanting to open our windows, too, but so far it's too hot.

Nancy, thank you for the topic.

I was thinking of writing about Christmas but decided to focus on Halloween. I grew up in a small town (810 on the census back then) where almost everyone shared in the festivities. We would usually make our costume instead of buying them. I remember one time putting a paste Mother made using cocoa on me to darken my skin. There were special homes in town that offered outstanding treats. One of them was my maternal grandmother. She would make popcorn balls along with other goodies that she gave out along with store bought candies. There was another family who had you walk in their front door, go through their house to the kitchen where they made you chilli dogs, then you left through their backdoor. I've never seen anyone else do Halloween treats this way.

So, can you tell my memories revolve mostly around food?

I went trick or treating till I was in high school. Lots of fun memories.

sloanie
07-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey chickies, I have been thinking about favorite traditions/holidays, and I have so many. I decided to tell you about special memories I have of holidays that revolve around my dad. Although my dad was a very busy obstetrician, he never missed a Christmas or Halloween. He may have been asleep on the couch as soon as we saw our "Santa" gifts, but he was there. He also never missed walking us around the neighborhood for trick or treat. Another special memory I have is that he was playing the "tooth fairy" one night after I had gone to bed. I still remember that even though I was awake, I pretended to be asleep so as not to disappoint him. He moved so slowly while putting the money under my pillow! It makes me smile to think about that. All of our holidays/traditions were very, very important to my dad. We joked that we would be excommunicated if we missed a family gathering. I am glad about that now, because his passion for tradition and "gathering" has made us a very close family.

I've got to go to school tonight for a registration activity. I'll try to check in when I get home. TTFN

Tejas
07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
OK, here it is, the family tradition that I liked the most: Thanksgiving dinner.

I think that is because it always happened; included most of the family and often a guest; food was delicious; weather was almost always good; and, I can remember when I became the cook, not just the helper. All the years I was in Canada, I always came home for Thanksgiving, until my mother had to leave the house to go to a nursing home. And, that year, we had a HUGE family dinner to have the last one in that house. No one has forgotten that particular holiday.

That's it!

nancy237
07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
I am loving the holiday memories !!!!!

beach bum
07-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Everything Ok my new smoke detectors are up and now my DD is coming this Sunday instead of Mon.so I have a extra day to spend with her and the kids.

Asked her what foods I should pick up for the kids and she told me that she do the grocery shopping when she comes up.So now I don't have to worry about that. Going to take her& the kids out for dinner and than we can have burgers & hot dogs on the Barbie. The want to go to the lake in the park for swimming so I don't have to worry about the SHARK alert in the sound.

Going for my MRI this afternoon and hope they find the cause of my pain in the neck area.Its going to get humid again,but not until Friday So I have 2 good days to get down to the beach and get my walking done again.

SANDRA-Spoke to soon the humidity from the Midwest is going to hit us this Friday. Don't have the windows to open now that I have 4 a/c in. So I open my front door and my side sliding door to bring in the ventilation into the house.Boy do I remember the good old days when everything out there was commercial. We used to make our own costumes also. My sister was always a bum in my fathers clothes I was a princess from old brides maid dresses that my father used to collect for rags.

SLOANE-You brought a tear to my eyes when remembering your dad. That's the kind of family I had,and feel so sorry for the kids today don't have that closeness with there patents like we did.

RHONDA=Thanks for sharing your story about your mom. Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday,and that was my mothers also, she love to cook for all her sisters & their families. and the smells from the kitchen were always inviting.

Have to get going and start on today's chores and get read for my M RI.

Tejas
07-28-2010, 09:29 AM
:tantrum:

My scales read 180 this morning. I am aggravated like all "git out." It must be that Thanksgiving meal I ate in my imagination.

I started today with oatmeal, a few nuts and a banana. I'm headed out for aquafit in a few minutes.

ontarget
07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Rhonda, I feel your frustration. You're on the right track and will get it off quickly. Just keep doing what you're doing. It works.

Nancy, I'm enjoying reading about family holidays, too. Lots of wonderful memories here.

I want to talk about Christmas now. Rhonda's dh (Doyle) and I shared the same grandparents. I remember all of us sitting around their tiny livingroom with "tons" of presents in front of us. One Christmas Doyle, his sister, my brother, and I all received shiny jackets (silver?) with matching caps. There's a photo of the 4 of us sporting our duds.

Grandmother was the best cook I can remember. She would make an Osgood Pie that was to die for. And her fried chicken? She had a magic touch. Now I never eat fried chicken unless it's boneless and skinless. It's just not the same.

Maryann, I wish you could find out today the results of your MRI. Shark alert!?! I'm glad ya'll are going to the lake.
However, I'm OP.

beach bum
07-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Sandra-Don't know if the sharks are around my town but better to be safe than sorry. This morning on the radio they talked about that we on the Cape have an abundance of seals hanging around & they are the sharks prey,so the sharks are nearby there food source,so they told us to be aware & keep our eyes open.

I have a follow up with my doctor 8/8 so I will know whether I go to the neurosurgeon or not.

nancy237
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
:tantrum:

My scales read 180 this morning. I am aggravated like all "git out." It must be that Thanksgiving meal I ate in my imagination.

I started today with oatmeal, a few nuts and a banana. I'm headed out for aquafit in a few minutes.

Oh no , I didn't think about all the food related memories we have and
the power of suggestion !!!
Maybe ...nonfood related memories !!!

nancy237
07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I decided to just hold steady for August at 145...
It will be hectic with travel & visitors this month so I am going to
wait til Sept to worry about losing ...

My step daughter is talking about surgery for weight loss.
She is over 300 lbs and seems to be unable/unwilling to stick to any diet
more than a week or so.

Tejas
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
It's not all about the scales! I am packing to go to Toronto on Friday. I tried on a pair of Liz Claiborne clam diggers and top that I bought when I weighed 170. They FIT! The top is a 14; the bottoms, 16. Maybe I have put on a few pounds of muscle.

But, I've still got too many total pounds and too much belly fat...keep on plugging.

Maryann, it sounds like Gulf. But, there the sharks don't look for seals, just people.

Sandra, I haven't thought about Osgood pie in years! Yummy.

Nancy, postponing weight loss sounds smart. Good luck to your step daughter.

BBL

ontarget
07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Rhonda, guess we'd better not be thinking about Osgood pies. :woohoo: on getting into the small duds. I'll bet you're excited. I know I would be if it were me.

Nancy, I have several former students who have had weightlos surgery. Most of them have done well, but a few have regained. I wish the best for your dil no matter what she chooses to do.

We've been watching movies all afternoon. I think the tournament/trip has finally caught up with us. Our old bods took a beating on the archery field. It will be awhile before we are back to our former selves. I hope we're recuperated before Curtis' surgery next week.

I'm OP.

sloanie
07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey chicks, I've been sooooo busy today. I cleaned/decluttered three rooms, worked on the curtains I mentioned earlier, and started work on an ottoman I am going to recover this week. I have so many things I want to do before school starts next week that I think I'm in overdrive.

I love osgood pie, too! Yummy :) Although TOM seems to have finally stopped, I have been craving chocolate like mad. So far, I have resisted.

Rhonda, congrats on being able to get into those clothes! That feels so good, doesn't it?

Sandra, what day is Curtis' surgery next week?

Nancy, it is so much less stressful to make the decision to maintain during a busy time. I have decided to give myself a break until week after next, then I'm might count points for a while.

Maryann, I'm glad your DD is coming early, and that she is going to do the shopping. Hope your MRI goes well.

Hey Vickie!

Have a good night, y'all :D

ontarget
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Sloan, his surgery is Tuesday morning.

I am working at maintaining a few more days, too. Then I'm putting "it" into high gear.

Night night, Chickies.

I'm OP.

Tejas
07-29-2010, 12:11 AM
We are just home from taking our dog, Kyra, to the emergency vet where she remains, hooked up to IVs with fluids and antibiotics. She had a growth removed on her eyelid Monday. She was sent home with meds, but no one told us to stop the other ones she was on. She started vomiting, and it was dark and very foul smelling. She has a very sore gastric system, maybe with some ulcerations, and she was dehydrated.

The good news? $700 and an emergency clinic to take care of her. No doubt she will be much better in the morning, and all meds will be stopped for a while.

And, I had plans to go to bed really early!

nancy237
07-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Is it just me , or are the watermelons all amazing this summer ??

nancy237
07-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Rhonda...oh no !! Did Kyra have to stay over night???
It seems if they forgot to tell you about the meds that they
would give you a break on the bill...

Sandra..I will be praying for you & Curtis Tuesday. Wished I lived closer and
could help with practical stuff. The surgery is long, do you have someone to wait with you. Best advice is to start finding the nurse for pain meds when it begins to get uncomfortable. It takes a while to get the order and actually get the meds once you ask sometimes. Robin would wait too long to ask and then
30 minutes later (while they were getting the meds) he was really hurting.
Take a sweater /our hospital was freezing... Watch him when he is on a lot of meds because Robin heard all his instructions wrong. I had to be tough about the rules on what to do and not do yet with his knee (getting up, going to bathroom) I stayed by his side almost 4-5 days because he was loopey
and dr/nurse/patient/family communication was really bad without one person who knew what they all said.
Robin said 1 week later that walking with the new knee was already less painful that walking with the old knee.

Vickie
07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Finally a few moments to myself today. I'm going to go have breakfast and then come back and catch up with all of you.

No swimming today as it will only get to 81 degrees.

Tejas
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Kyra stayed all night at the animal ER, and we transported her to the vet this AM. The vet's records were wrong and they thought that she was out of/off of one of the meds. The vet who thought this is not the owner/vet, and we will take the whole matter up with him when he returns from his holiday. Anyway, in the long run, Kyra is likely to be all right, and we will be out a lot of money, and we will ask for some reimbursement from the owner/vet if the on duty vet doesn't offer it.

Sandra, good luck to you and Curtis....Nancy is so right, and I'm sure you know that.

Gotta go do "good works" this morning..back later.

Rhonda

ontarget
07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Nancy, thank you for the tips. I will definitely be staying with him at the hospital. Right now I'm not sure anyone will be with me while he's in surgery. I was by myself during both his shoulder replacement surgeries. I'll take a lot of reading material and should be all right if I'm alone.

sloanie
07-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey chickies, I've been crazy busy today. I am almost finished with the breakfast room curtains, and I'm ready to recover my ottoman. I plan to have that done tonight. Between sewing and recovering, I have been cleaning out the pantry, laundry room, hall closet, and bathroom cabinet. I really like to have things organized before school starts. My last "de-clutter" goal is my closet. I should have time to do that in the morning. I'm listening to a really good book called "The Kitchen House" while I clean.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about Kyra. It is so hard when pets cannot tell you that they are sick! I hope the owner/vet cuts you a deal on the bill ;)

Sandra, I'll be praying for you and Curtis on Tuesday. Sounds like you are a pro at this since Curtis has had the shoulder replacements. Wish we were closer, so we could lend a hand.

Vickie, 81 degrees sounds awesome. It is so hot and humid here that even getting in the pool is yukky.

Nancy, we have eaten tons of watermelon this summer, and I agree, they are awesome this year.

Maryann, hope you are feeling okay.

I'll be back later. Got lots left to do.

ontarget
07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Rhonda, I'm sorry about Kyra. I hope the vet makes adjustments on the bill. Sounds like it was their fault for sure.

Vickie, I'd take some 81*, too. We're due for 100* this weekend.

Sloan, I am amazed at your energy. I am stuck in the recliner now but may venture out to sit in a rocker on the front porch.

I'm OP.

Tejas
07-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi All:

My scales were down today to 178.2..up, down, up, down..

We have Kyra at home on IV. If she does OK we will be able to take her off it at 10PM. She spent all day at the vet's office, and she won't eat. I'm optimistic that she will recover.

I leave tomorrow for Toronto for 10 days, but will be on-line.

I hope you've all had a good OP day.

Nancy, I haven't even had a watermelon yet! Gotta have some.

ontarget
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Rhonda, have a fun, safe trip. Everyone's going to be impressed with your new you. You go, girl!

Tejas
07-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Sandra. Yep, they're gonna be floored!

Kyra seems to be recovering. We did the IV ok, even though she pulled it out twice, spilling blood all over the carpet. Thank goodness for miracle cleaners! By 8:30 she was more perky and ate. That allowed us to free her from the IV feed for the night. Keep your fingers crossed, please. And, Vickie, how's Mr. Brodie?

Vickie
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sorry I never got back yesterday. Life gets so busy sometimes, doesn't it?

Rhonda, I've been reading about Kyra and praying for her that she gets better. I'm so glad to hear that she came off the IV and is eating. That's HUGELY important! Do you know what caused her illness? Brodie is doing fine and we are counting down the days until his neutering.

Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis. He couldn't hope for a better nurse!

Sloan, you're a whirlwind!

Nancy, I'm glad you're taking a break.

Mary Ann, any results yet?

Jim and I are going out to lunch with our friend that we used to work with. We don't know where we are going yet and it won't be diet. I'll have to eat small portions. And....we ate think crust pizza at dinner last night. I hadn't eaten lunch, was starving....never good...and didn't care. What's up with that? So it probably won't be pretty this week for weigh in. I'm thinking I'm having phantom TOM eating jags.

Gotta run. I'm having a pedicure before lunch and have to straighten up the house before the company comes!

Love to you all.

ontarget
07-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Rhonda, I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see the folks when they see you. It will be interesting to hear how many of them start workout routines afterwards. Glad Kyra is better. What a scare!

Vickie, I'm glad Brodie is better. Remember what my old ww leader used to say? "Sit down and eat with dignity." Enjoy your dinner. You are doing wonderfully with your eating choices. We all need splurges every now and then. That's just life.

We're off to the hospital in a few minutes. I have PT and Curtis has pre-op appointments. We'll be going out to lunch afterwards. And we have someone here cleaning flowerbeds. Life is good.

I'm OP.

Tejas
07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
:wave: from Toronto!

Kyra is even stronger and is home with DH tonight. I'll give more details tomorrow.

My friends want to feel my muscles ;)

Vickie
07-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I went to **** in a hand basket yesterday. I did eat with dignity and WAY less than before. Two off program days in a row is DANGER.

I am on program today.

sloanie
07-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Mornin' chicks! Still sewing, cleaning, and running around. I'm sooooo excited about my day. I am starting painting classes!! My DH got a very small inheritance from his mom which we plan to use to help our kids with college, and two days ago he handed me some cash. He said, " I don't ever get to give you anything, so I want you to take this and do whatever you want". My DH is so precious!!!!! Well, I've been wanting to take painting lessons for a long while, so I went by the small gallery in our town and signed up. The gallery is so cute and very cozy. You'll have to check out the website www.artistsonmain.com. After I have been painting there a while, I will have a link on the site, so you can see what I've been up to.

I've got to get ready to go, so I'll be back later to check in. TTFN

beach bum
07-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Just wanted to let you know that my DD & DGC are coming to visit with me,and will be here shortly. They leaving some time on Wed or Thursday of Next week.

Went out with my friend Alice to the PB club and than to MV with another woman we;re not going to invite her anymore as she too hyper for us. Our plan to staying on the vineyard for 1/2 of the day ending in her wanting to go back in the heat of the day and go to dinner .We told her no,to dinner and than she asked if we doing something with her in the evening the answer was no again. I consider myself friendly and not hurting anyone if I don't have to .We decided not to socialize with here anymore as she's not a friend anymore but a mire acquaintance.

VICKIE-Not until next Friday,he's the doctor that likes you make an appointment,rather than tell you the results over the phone.

SLOANE-I went out with my friend yesterday and had no time to post. I doing fine, as I still taken the pain killers.

RHONDA-We normally don't have that many sharks here in the last 13 years we've have been living here, but this year a abundance of seals came to the Chatham area of the Cape and now the sharks are all swimming around the area.

Have to go DD just called and she in Providence,and will her heavy foot she be here in a few minutes. Have a nice wee ahead and I see you guys Next Friday

nancy237
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
I need to clean today , we have some overnight friends Sunday but I will be gone .. I have to drive to Boone to help my son move.
(as long as you have a truck they will always need you !!!)
His landlord decided not to renew the lease with 4 days notice while my son was in Europe.
This flaky landlord has left 4 students scrambling to find housing ..
I may be keeping his dog while he finds a place , which I love because she is fun and likes walks!!

I am still struggling with needing coffee to wake up and then I can't sleep,
I need to detox this poor body. I have always thought the detox diets
were useless but I think I need 3-4 days of fruit and other very cleansing
type foods & no caffeine.

wwmandy327
07-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Down another 2 pounds this week :)

ontarget
07-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Congratulations, Mandy. That's a good loss. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Vickie, I had a larger than needed lunch today at a local Mexican Restaurant. I enjoyed it but know I need smaller, lower cal meals. Let's just do some dusting and get back on track.

Sloan, give dh a hug for me. That was so sweet of him to give you that gift. We'll be watching for your work. Please send us the link when we can see it.

Nancy, sounds like a busy weekend. I know what you mean about detoxing. I am detoxed from sugar but need to just have a thorough cleansing. Don't know if I'm up to it now, though.

Maryann, enjoy your family. We'll miss you while you're away from us. Post when you can, but mainly enjoy yourself and your company.

I just splurged and ordered 2 posture bras to help with my backaches. One is longlined. I hope they help. I'm going to PT, got the injection (which is helping immensely), and have someone weeding flowerbeds for me. I wore a heavy duty sports bra 2nd day of Nationals and felt much better than when I wore an ordinary one.

All that is probably more than you wanted to know. And I am wondering how many recreational readers just read it. :lol: I am so comfortable with all of you here that I sometimes forget how public this board really is. :yikes: :lol:

I'm almost OP.

Tejas
07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
:wave:

I promised more details, but I'm too tired to write!

Congrats, Mandy...good for you. I'm on a see saw.

BB tomorrow,
Rhonda

ontarget
07-31-2010, 09:43 PM
:wave: Rhonda.

Tejas
08-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone:

I've got a few minutes here and will catch up. First, I can see that if I'm not careful, I'll put on a lot of weight here in Toronto. I've been out to one of my favorite places for brunch and was moderate (brie omellette and whole grain toast) but, boy, I want to eat everything! I'll rein it in.

It's perfect weather here, is a holiday weekend and there's lots going on it the city. I'm content to just walk around and feel the city's pace, and don't need too much to entertain myself with.

Kyra is much better, at home, eating just enough to be able to take her medications. The vets didn't charge us a thing, and they've worked very hard and admitted their error.

Sloan, I looked at the website. That is a cute idea to feature their "artists." I'm going to suggest that to the gallery where I am taking classes. They have posted our pictures with our work on a bulletin board, but what fun it would be to be on their website.

I hope you're all having a good day!

BBL,
Rhonda

sloanie
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey Chickies, my first oil painting class was awesome. We spent 4 hours learning the basics, sketching our picture, and painting sky with clouds. I learned so much!

Rhonda, tell me again what classes you are taking at your "art gallery".

Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis. I hugged DH for you!

Mandy, congrats!

Maryann, enjoy your company.

Nancy, hope you have a safe trip to Boone. I did a two day watermelon detox, and I lost 4 pounds of fluid overnight! I ate only watermelon for two days.

Today, I'm finishing the curtains in two rooms, DD is coloring and cutting my hair, and DH is working on a "honey do" list. I'll check in later.

ontarget
08-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Sloan, a watermelon detox sounds yummy. Was it difficult to do for 2 days? Thank you for the prayers. We're anxious to get to the hospital and "get'er done."

Rhonda, that's good news about Kyra--and about the vet. Enjoy your stay.

We went to church then out to lunch with "the bunch" today afterwards. Curtis has been mowing and doing other chores readying for his hospital stay.

I'm OP.

Tejas
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi again:

I've had a great day. I didn't eat anymore until just now and I had a big green salad. I did have a glass of white wine also.

Sloan, I took three classes: finding your medium; stained glass; and mosaics. I'm not a painter, but may have some drawing skills. I loved the glass and mosaics and will take more classes. I fancy myself to be a craftsperson who might be able to sell some work.

Nancy, I wanted to buy a pick-up but your comment may have convinced me not to! :lol:

Night all,
Rhonda

sloanie
08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey chicks, two rooms of curtains down, one to go. My plan is to finish them tomorrow along with a little more organization/de-cluttering. I have to go to school on Tuesday, so it's back to the grind.

Rhonda, my DB and SIL used to do some stained glass. They were actually pretty good. Sounds like you have found your "medium".

Sandra, the watermelon detox was not hard. I was not even hungry. The only problem I had was that by the end of day two I felt kinda funny. I can't really describe it. I just did not feel good. The next morning I had a core breakfast and "came around" pretty quickly.

Do any of you watch the series "Mad Men"? DH and I started watching it after seeing a marathon of the third season a couple of weeks ago. My new avatar is from their web site where you can create an avatar of yourself and then choose scenes to appear in. It is a hoot!

I hope y'all are having a great night. See ya tomorrow!

ontarget
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Sloan, love your avatar! You're a cutie.

Rhonda, sounds like you're back on track.

I don't know if I could just eat watermelon for 2 days. I'm just not that strong. Sloan, I'm impressed you could do it.