Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #1  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of July 26th Chat

Where did July go so fast? Let's finish out the month with a bang! All of you lurkers out there pop in for a minute and let us know how you're doing : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Hey, I always missed the beginning of the week for this thread BUT I remembered today. So anyhow I am a fortysomething and loving each year of the 40's so far (30's bit the big one). It just seems to be getting better and better as I get older. So I will chime in this week also.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #3  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I've been lurking for a bit and watching this thread. I am 49 so just a bit more for this bunch and in a few months will qualify for the 50's. I don't think that it is going to bother me much though as I will be on my way to being a healthier me.
I am looking forward to making some new friends on here.
I usually post in the WATP.....
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! Love seeing all the new faces here! Welcome to all of you!!

WLW-Congrats on the ticker move!! I, too, wonder why the weight doesn't just melt away in this heat! It has been so humid here lately. I am not looking foward to the big clean-out of my current house as I get ready to move at the end of August. I plan to get started culling and reorganizing this week.

I had a great and relaxing weekend with fiance. He took me on a road trip Saturday to a restaurant specializing in FRIED CATFISH!! I really enjoyed it and hopefully made up for it during the rest of the weekend. Besides the catfish, the thing that tasted so good was homemade green tomato relish/pickles. So delicious!! On the way home, we stopped in Stratford (peach capitol of Oklahoma) and bought fresh peaches (DARN! I forgot to pack one in my lunch today.), cantaloupe, fresh green beans and some home canned items. It was a good day. I fixed green beans and new potatoes and we had that with grilled boneless pork chops before I came home yesterday. Listened to the toads croaking in the pond and saw a huge heron fly across yesterday, too. Awesome thunderstorm clouds on the way home.

I got my hair trimmed last week and I am not happy with it. I even went back Thursday and had her trim it up a bit and I'm still having trouble with it. I will call her today.

I wish everyone a healthy and happy week!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 07-26-2010 at 09:50 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #5  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hey everybody! I got to move my ticker today. Love the weekends where I am so busy & active, Monday's are a good weigh in day for me most of the time, glad to be in the 180's was getting awfully tired of the 190's.

Welcome to the new people.

Kathi - Glad you got to move your ticker too. I agree July has gone by way to quickly.

Annie - Your weekend does sound like a good one. I love peaches but so far this year I haven't found any real good one. Strange to because I have been to the farmer's markets here in Florida & a huge on in Georgia & they just haven't been that good.

Have a good day everyone.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #6  
Defying Gravity

I weigh in Monday's also and got to move my ticker. I look forward to the 150's which should happen in the next week if I stay on course. I exercise M-F and eat very healthy these days. This week I am back on my hummus kick. The heat helps with eating better as I don't fire up the oven as much and want to stick with light foods that don't weigh me down. Glad to finally catch the next wave here in the chat forum for over 40's somethings
Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #7  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Just saying Hello ... to my fellow 40-somethings

Sounds like everyone is doing GREAT

Have a great day!
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #8  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, the chat thread is so active today. Welcome to the newcomers.

I ate completely off plan over the weekend & the scale said 136. Yikes. I have a pool party on August 15 and I'd like to wear my bikini. Time to get back on track. I vow to eat on plan today & also exercise. There's no excuse not to run now that the weather is cooler.

Dating is heating up like the weather. I had a first meeting with a guy while he was exhibiting drawings at an art opening. It seems that he's interested based on the flurry of texts he's been sending since I met him. And then I have a date with someone else on Thursday.

I look forward to hearing about how you all are doing.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #9  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I'll check in as well. Staying on plan pretty well (1200-1300 cal/day), but less exercise than usual because I've been on hospital duty, which means 10-12 hour days, 8 days in a row (I finish up on Wednesday). From July 1st, I've lost maybe 3 pounds (it's hard to tell because my scale can go up or down by 2 pounds from one day to the next), which is about par for me and my crappy metabolism. At this rate, I'll be lucky to hit goal before next spring (another 17 pounds away).

On the upside, at least I've reclaimed most of my wardrobe, so I no longer have to decide between the 3 pairs of "big girl" pants I had to buy last winter to accommodate me when I outgrew most of my clothes. If I DO manage to get close to goal, I'll have the whole wardrobe problem again, the other way. Even though I saved some clothes from the last time I weighed around 120, they're well over 10 years old, and most of them are no longer wearable ;>)
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #10  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I'm just back from a holiday up in the tropics. The weather wasn't too great but we had a good time relaxing and exploring. Unfortunately though the eating and drinking was really bad (well really good actually, but you know what i mean). Need to settle down again now - problem is i'm off to USA (Texas) on Saturday for a week, then on to canada for a couple of weeks so that will be fraught with consumption-challenges again!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning, everyone. Hello and welcome to the new folks.

I am back from vacation, and there's more of me than when I left home . Too much good food, too easily available. Not enough exercise. But I had a great time, and got rested up--I am more relaxed, too. I didn't realize just how wound up I was until I started to unwind.

Time to get back onto the plan. I exercised yesterday--painful, so out of shape--but wasn't good about dinner. Must do better today.

Gotta run.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #12  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Welcome to all the newbies, you can jump in at any time! Don't worry about waiting for a new thread/week to start : ) And welcome back to everyone who's been on vacation too! I had my best friend from church youth group - who I haven't seen or talked to much in 23 years come for a visit. Lots of catching up in 3 days! So I'm back to the yo-yo, hit my low of 161 then back up to 165. But I'll bounce between the two weights for a couple of months before another good drop. Would really like to lose that 1 last pound to hit 160 and a full 10lbs! Hope everybody is having a great start to your week : )

Ange: enjoy texas for me!

Last edited by weightlosswanted; 07-27-2010 at 08:36 AM.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #13  
Defying Gravity

Hey everyone, its a good day. Well yesterday was a good day, ate really well, exercised and then went to the Chinese Buffet. I ate very small portions and it didn't do too much damage but I am back on track today. Still no soda or fast food since June 30 and that was my goal for July everything else was extra or a bonus. I hope you all have a great day and be kind to yourself, today is all that is given to us, make the most of it
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi all! Not much to report today. Keeping busy trying to get all of the things done that I need to for the house buy. Stressful, but I'm doing pretty well with my eating and exercising. Had some of my fresh peaches in my oatmeal this morning. Tasted like peach cobbler! Yum!! Nothing like summer produce.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #15  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday, I had a great on plan day. When I got home from work I wanted to do some exercise so I followed along on some youtube videos on beginning break dancing. I had fun trying to shuffle my feet while supported on one arm. I could only do it for 10 minutes, but I know how to do the "cee cee" shuffle. If you want to try it, do a search for "beginner break dancing lessons" - there are dozens of videos.

This morning I got up early and ran 3 miles. It's amazing how out of shape I've become, but at least I'm out there. I don't think I'm going to become the exercise animal I was in May, but I am trying to move my body every day. Hey, that rhymed.

Work is a bear this week & it's completely stressing me out. I can't wait till the August 1st deadline passes.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote