100 lb. Club - I don't even know if this is related...

SunshineTater
07-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I've always been a habitual fingernail biter. I know, it's a nasty habit. But I haven't been biting them. They have actually grown out passed the end of my finger! I may need fingernail polish. :D

In other news...
My scale is insane. I weigh myself every morning. It reminds me to be good during the day. I usually weigh myself twice (because I'm obsessed), just to make sure the number is the same. This morning I didn't get the same weight...so I weighed myself 5 times. 5 different weights...I always take the high one, but I get excited to see the lower numbers.

Scilla
07-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I use to be a finer nail biter too, ewwww! Glad to hear you've stopped! Thats great :)

I get different weights too... Im retaining water for some reason. Cause Im up a few lbs.*shrug*

Med School Mom
07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
May sound simple but make sure you are standing in exactly the same place on the scale each time. I get a 2 pound difference by moving a centimeter or two on the scale.

Sandi
07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
You know, I used to weigh twice, but really, I am just looking at that daily number as a gauge make sure I am on the right track, so I get on and that's my number! My scale always gives me the same number anyway.

Zoesmama
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Congrats on the nail biting. Its soooo hard to stop, I read somewhere once they say its as hard to stop biting nails as to stop using drugs. I stopped about 4-5 years ago after 20 years or so of doing it. I stopped in a weeks time. My motivation was when I saw my daughter at 2 1/2 biting hers. She still does sometimes so I may have been too late.

Maybe try to find another motivation than the scale now. Your posting this is showing its bothering you which could mess with the motivation of it. How about a vision board or before pics to motivate you. I've never tried this but post it on your fridge and pantry.

graciegoose13
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I could see there being a link between weight loss and nail biting. When I'm on plan, my fingernails are always nicer and I don't bite them. Usually when I do catch my self biting them again it's after I've spent a couple days not eating well or skipping the whole exercise thing--so weird!