South Beach Diet - Day 1

View Full Version : Day 1

beth0811
07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
HI

I completed Day one of phase one and feel really good after days of compulsive eating. In the last 18 months I have lost 40 pounds and gained back 50 and I am beating myself up emotionally over this. I am committed to loving myself and following this plan one day at a time.

Question: Can you have nuts as a snack and peanut butter as an oil in the same day?

Thanks

zeffryn
07-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Congrats on finishing day 1! one step at a time is the best way to go.

I wouldn't.

The book specifically calls for any oils that you do eat to be monounsaturated or polyunsaturated. Peanut butter is full of saturated fat.

I would stick to one serving of nut or nut products per day. Any more will almost assuredly slow your losses.

LindsaysMommy
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeahhhh Beth!!! Very Happy for you.

My first day is going to be Sunday, after a NEW trip the grocery store. Have made a completly different shopping list.

PinkHoodie
07-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I am on my second day of phase one for the second time and I just LOVE eating this way. More energy, feel better. I agree with zeffryn on the pb and nuts. I consider peanut butter a nut, since natural peanut butter which is what you want to eat, really is just nuts creamed together. Nuts are my favorite snack though. They pack a HUGE protein punch that helps me last until the next meal. :)