Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #1  
Graceful Loser

Default The In-between

Here lately I've been having self-confidence issues over my body. I have obviously lost weight, but I am at a frustrating state of "in between" - please tell me some of you have been here before or know what I mean. I'm a pear, so I've thinned out up top (AKA no boobs) and my legs are getting better, but my middle is huge! I look pretty odd, to be quite honest.

When will I start feeling like my body makes sense? It's harder now to find clothes than it was before because my body is entirely too disproportionate.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/166.6/132

Height: 5'5"

I totes know how you feel. My top is two sizes smaller than my bottoms. I carry a lot of weight on my hips and thighs. It is terrible. I have gone through 5 pant sizes in 4.5 months it is just crazy. As soon as I get more than one pair of pants they start falling off.
FannyMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Don't know if I can offer any advice as to when your body will begin to make sense, but I do want to tell you that you are not alone. I, too, feel very out-of-proportion because I am shrinking more quickly above the waist than below the waist. I know my hips and thighs are smaller because I am down a size (and almost down two sizes), but they actually seem bigger and lumpier because I've really slimmed from the waist up. Just keep at it because your middle will catch up. By the way, I am also a pear and my middle really slimmed when I stopped being afraid to eat good fats.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Honestly all I can say is just hang in there. I'm pretty proportional so I really didn't struggle with that but it took a LONG time before I felt normal and like someone wouldn't describe me as fat or overweight. I think I was in the 180s before my self confidence really started coming around. I promise you'll get there and it's SO worth it!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

I have the same problem. I lost 50 lbs, but I'm still overweight. I still have a big belly (my least favorite body party).
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, just hang in there. I've gone through weird changes. One month the changes happen up top, then the bottom. Sometimes my waist seems huge just because it's the only thing NOT shrinking. The fat comes of as it pleases. But eventually, it all has to work itself out...right?

I was pretty disgruntled with my legs because they were the only place not losing and then all of the sudden the fat came off from them too. Now my tummy's the problem area again. Round and round we go.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

THanks Eliana for sharing your experiences. I was beginning to think I was crazy when I thought my bottom half was so much bigger than it used to be. It's not. The tape measure proves it. But my top half is losing faster.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I am down 40lbs from my very highest weight... and I want to lose at least 40 more. It is sort of a weird thing, b/c I feel SO much thinner than when I was 250lbs, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see that thin person I see in my head. Some of my pants are getting lose... but not so lose that I can fit into my smaller pants. I feel thin adn chubby all at the same time (if that makes any sense!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm very proportional, and lose weight all over rather than in certain places, and even I went through some extremely different phases that I didn't feel looked like "me." I only lost a cup size from my chest, but it seemed to all go away at once rather than gradually, so I felt like I lost my boobs and still had the fattest behind and thighs ever! For the past few months my waist has been shrinking but I feel like my arms and legs stayed huge. It eventually evened out and now I look like "myself" again, until the next 5 pounds, probably Just keep powering through and everything will even itself out eventually. At least I tell myself that

Last edited by bellona; 07-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #10  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

I was just wondering about this today. I was curious how/where other people lost weight. My scale says I've lost 34lbs, but I can't find exactly where they came from. I feel lighter and my clothes are a little more loose, but I don't think I can comfortably wear a smaller size yet. But all of my measurements are the same as they were about 25lbs ago, and I don't see a difference. I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach and hips with smaller shoulders and bust. I can't wait until I start seeing a difference in my lower body.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlove View Post
I was just wondering about this today. I was curious how/where other people lost weight. My scale says I've lost 34lbs, but I can't find exactly where they came from. I feel lighter and my clothes are a little more loose, but I don't think I can comfortably wear a smaller size yet. But all of my measurements are the same as they were about 25lbs ago, and I don't see a difference. I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach and hips with smaller shoulders and bust. I can't wait until I start seeing a difference in my lower body.
Well, I think that I am somewhat unusual in that I gain weight everywhere, absolutely everywhere, equally and lose it just the same. When I gain, everything from face down to my feet puffs up like a marshmallow in a microwave. Arms, tummy, face, boobs, legs, calves - all get fat in unison. Even my feet and hands get fat!

The one curious exception is my butt. That always stays relatively flat, but it does widen with the rest of my body.

*Sigh* I guess I should be happy. After all, I don't have any "trouble-zones" per se - my entire body is a trouble-zone!

Last edited by jillianfan; 07-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #12  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

*rasies hand* Right here . . . Know exactly what you mean.
size 10 in tops, 14 in pants, how's that for pear shaped - still can't fill out the tops very well but I never really could ha ha !

I'm just accepting that it's going to take some time for my legs and hips to catch up. Obviously there is a change, but its taken the 60 lbs for me to notice it . . . oddly I noticed when I was shaving my legs . . . weird.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #13  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I'm right there with you. I was thinking the other day that shopping is actually more difficult now that I've lost weight. I never had to try on so many different sizes to get one that worked. I always kind of had an idea in any given store what size I would need...that's not the case anymore.

And I definitely look top heavy now. My legs and butt have all but vanished, but my belly and upper arms are still pretty big.

You are obviously not alone on this one!

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 07-23-2010 at 03:51 PM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote