South Beach Diet - Salad Dressing Recommendations?

View Full Version : Salad Dressing Recommendations?

PinkHoodie
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Phase One friendly, please. I have been having Newman's Own Balsamic Vinigrette...it has 1 gram of sugar per serving...but I haven't found ANY dressing that doesn't have any sugar in it. I love eating salads...they never get old for me, but having 2 or 3 dressings to pick from would be nice. Thanks!

femmecreole
07-21-2010, 04:51 PM
You can always make your own. Most bottled dressings are going to have some sugar (albeit fructose) in them. My favorite bottled is Galeos (http://www.galeoscafe.com/).
Bolthouse also has very low sugar dressings.

Fat Melanie
07-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Making your own like Femmecreole said is a good option. I like to mix up a bit of extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, and garlic salt/pepper for a simple dressing. Some people like to use salsa as a salad dressing.

The two dressing staples I have are Hidden Valley Ranch, and Kraft Seven Seas Green Goddess dressing (2 g sugar and only $2 at Walmart right now.) Both are on-plan if you use 2 tablespoons.

cottagebythesea
07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I prefer a good homemade vinaigrette, but I do like Ken's Light Northern Italian dressing, too. Newman's Own salad dressings are also pretty good.

murphmitch
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I use the Ken's Light Northern Italian too. I love to marinate my chicken it it too!

Slim CB
07-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Walden's Dressing are sugar free and have zero calories. They dont taste that great though.....

Fat Melanie
07-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi SlimCB. :) Walden's must lack that necessary healthy-fats that a lot of dressings contain.