Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Angry Doesn't that piss you off?

Ok I was at a clothing shop today. Now that I lost much weight I am at that point where you are too skinny for big-sized clothes and and at the borderline where I can buy Large or X-large in small-sized shops. Anyways I was at a great cheap shop today (the kind that has like 500 dresses designs in really really cheap prices). Anyways it was my first time at that shop and I was holding this x-large long dress and the shop owner sees me holding it and goes "Hon there is no way this will fit you."

WTF!!!

I get that all the time for salesgirls here. They just think they have to tell you and save you from the misery of finding out or something! Don't you get angry when this happens.

Just so you know I did answer her back. I just gave her my creepy-I-am-angry smile and said "I don't recall asking for your opinion. When I do please feel obliged to give your two cents."

Oh and the dress did fit me.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow! It's hard to believe the nerve of some people. I guess she might have thought she was helping you but some people just have no tact!! I applaud you for standing up to her...I'd have been too embarrassed to say anything!
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #3  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

Good for you for giving it right back to her!
IndieSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

That is so RUDE! I've never had anyone say anything like that to me...and trust me, I went into a lot of stores that I had no business being in at my highest weight. I don't think that is the place of any salesperson or store employee/operator. I don't care if I'm clearly a size 20 and hauling a bunch of size 0 skinny jeans into the fitting room...it's no one else's place to inform me of what will and will not fit...that's why I try things on, thanks.

Ugh. Good comeback though and haha, the dress fit anyway!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/129/127

Height: 5'2

Oh that makes me SO MAD. I've never encountered that in a store, but my mom does that to me whenever she's out shopping with me. When I was a size 8 (I'm a 12/14 now trying to get back to an 8 ... college weight ) my mom would say "Amanda, there is NO WAY size 8 fits you" . . . regardless that I had 10 pairs of jeans that all read size 8!! UGH. lol
MandaLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Quote:
Oh and the dress did fit me.
I hope you didn't buy it! I refuse to do business with people who are rude and if that person was the owner, I hope she knows exactly why you took up her time (and I hope left the fitting room a mess, but I'm just kind of that way, I'm a very considerate shopper as long as everyone is polite, my years in retail **** won't let me do otherwise) and then didn't buy the dress.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I agree hope you didnt buy it. I would have tried it on there walked out "Oh look it does fit!" changed & handed it to her & walked out.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/183/155

I agree - hope you didn't buy it...throw it back in her face 'ala Pretty Woman!
lights76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #9  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I would've gotten her name and spoken with her manager... I can't stand when people give poor/rude customer service.

Its what my mom likes to call "customer no-service."

GRRR!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

THE NERVE! I cant' imagine why someone would ever be so rude, makes no sense. Power to you btw for standing up to her WELL DONE!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #11  
men7al

S/C/G: 203.5/140/135

Height: 5'3

OMFG..thats insane..I have slept 2 hrs and I would have lost it and gotten that dress and threw at her face and said,listen,BEEOUCH..GET UR OWN LIFE..and I will take my BUSINESS ELSE WARE..and be ON COPS..

THis crap has happen to me..but with my mothers friends..who say..oh ur face looks fat..etc..I have cussed them out..LOL..now don't take ppls crap period..i am hot tempered so,that has TONS do with it..I used to beat the **** out the kids who beat up my sisters lol..I don't like bullies period..and I do defend those who I see are being dealth wrong..
I tend to snap at drop of HAT..after all sleeping is part of my loco moments.

oh,I avoid shopping until ..I can fit into my OWN clothes for now.I just buy mostly shoes and workout gear and treat myself to the spa or hair style.

damm ppl are still mean and next time DON'T SHOP THERE PLEAse.
men7al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Oh, I just hate reading this! It's awful!

This is actually one of my biggest "fat girl" fears--when I'm in a "normal size" store (with friends, or to buy a gift), I'm always terrifed that a sales person will come up to me and say that there's nothing for me here. Even if they are well intentioned (which seems to not have been at all the case in your situation!), it would be just awful!

Did you say something to her when it did fit?
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #13  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I am so happy that the dress fit you!

Basically people suck. Good comeback though!!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #14  

Wow. And how does she even know it was FOR you in the first place? You could have been shopping for a gift!
Athenacapella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I obviously did not buy the dress though I was very tempted to as I rarely find dresses in such a good price. I know this is a chain store so I might go to one of their other stores. Dunno yet.

I know it is freaky but most salespeople in my place suck!!! Ten out of twenty times they just look at you like you shouldn't be there. I had many pretty woman moments like that time I entered an expensive store to buy a good clutchbag (I was saving for 4 months to buy one) and I was wearing jeans and snickers. Anyways one of the salesgirls just came to me and told me "Are you sure you can afford anything from here?". And I was like "well I have 700 euros in my wallet, too bad for you I am not going to spend them here,"

Thing is I come from a family line of jewellers in my country that has a rock solid name but my parents have never ever treated a potential customer like that. Someone may come in our shop in rugs and my parents will attend him or her very politely and respectfully.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote