Old 07-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #1  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Horrible Week

Yesterday was W-I #3 for me. I lost 6 lbs and 8 inches, my best week yet.
But for some reason, I just want to cry. I feel like I'm not losing enough, or like I can't tell.
On top of that I'm am beyond stressed and it makes me cranky and annoyed at everything. I think I'm doing so well on the diet because right now, it's the only thing I can control. But I feel like everything else is spinning out of control.
My accountability partner, Lisa, snapped some things into perspective for me this morning, which helped a lot, but I'm still feeling down and out
I don't know whats wrong. I just hate feeling like this.
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #2  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

are you getting ready for your TOM. I know that I start to feel that way around that time as well. Look at how well you have done. Sometimes I get depressed that I am not loosing fast enough but then I have to remember that I would not have lost this much this fast on any other diet. I have lots of people around me telling me how good I look but sometimes when I look in the mirror I can't see it. It takes a while for our brains to catch up with our bodies. Hang in there. And CONGRATS on 6lbs that is GREAT
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
But for some reason, I just want to cry. I feel like I'm not losing enough, or like I can't tell.
On top of that I'm am beyond stressed and it makes me cranky and annoyed at everything. I think I'm doing so well on the diet because right now, it's the only thing I can control. But I feel like everything else is spinning out of control.
My accountability partner, Lisa, snapped some things into perspective for me this morning, which helped a lot, but I'm still feeling down and out
Congrats on the WI that is great!!!
Sorry about you feeling stressed and things do get better.
hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #4  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Are you kidding me???? Do you have any idea how much you have accomplished? Heck more than me!!!!

Yes I fell off the wagon and trying to get back on track... I get frustrated because I for one can't control it as much due to a hubby who LOVES to eat out... I should just say NO to him but he lives for it on the weekends!

I NEED to lose weight as my career kind of depends on it and I am STUCK in the 170s... SERIOUSLY not happy about it... I need to drop 20+ lbs in a month!!!!!

Look at yourself and KNOW you are BEAUTIFUL and you ARE reaching your goal at gigantic speed!
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Taylor, you are doing AMAZING!! I think this diet really puts you mentally through the ringer though. You've got a good support group here and you aren't alone. I get jealous a lot of the other big losers here, but then I remember that we are all different and on different paths.

Sounds like you need a quiet soak in the tub and a good book to lose yourself in for awhile. Turn off that brain when you can and celebrate your new body changes!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #6  

Quote:
Yesterday was W-I #3 for me. I lost 6 lbs and 8 inches, my best week yet. But for some reason, I just want to cry. I feel like I'm not losing enough, or like I can't tell. On top of that I'm am beyond stressed and it makes me cranky and annoyed at everything. I think I'm doing so well on the diet because right now, it's the only thing I can control. But I feel like everything else is spinning out of control.
It could be hormones, it could be because of all the upheaval in your personal life lately, it could just be a bad day. We all get down sometimes...it's normal and a woman's prerogative!! Whatever the reason, don't let it drag you down too much though, Taylor. You are our board's resident peppy cheerleader...what would we do without you?! Perhaps you need to round up the girls and go see your hot boyfriend Jacob tonight? That would cheer me up!

Sending you
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #7  
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Height: 5'10"

Taylor chicky, I feel your pain. I have been a total basket case since I started this diet. I think Xanthia's right, it totally messes with your head. Your body chemistry gets all out of whack and you go nuts! Example: yesterday morning I was sluggish, irate, and completely unpleasant to be around. By the afternoon I was feeling perky and upbeat, then talked with my dad on my way home from work about how the diet's going and how it's been really hard. I started thinking about junk food and said something along the lines of "I would punch someone in the face for a bag of cheetos right now". Where that came from I have no idea. Prior to the diet I'm a pretty stable person. Lately I've felt so overwhelmed at work I've snuck off to the ladies room for a cry a few times, and I'm driving my boyfriend nuts. It will pass, don't worry. 6 lbs in one week is awesome. I had a 6 lb. loss 2 weeks ago and felt the same way you do. Pull your pants away from your waist and see how much room there is now! That'll make you feel better! Just remember that this diet makes your brain exaggerate things ten fold and it's not as bad as it seems to you at the moment. Like Erin told me yesterday, we're all here for each other! You are doing an amazing job, keep it up, girly!
MercuryVaporKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 303/273/175?

Height: 5'8

Hi Taylor. Read your post and coincidentally I just talked to my IP coach yesterday about the same type of thing. The last few days I have felt very down, very depressed, no motivation to do anything. Its not TOM, or my energy level (which is fine), or even cravings (which seem to be under control). I think it has to do with me having low seretonin (sp?) levels and having used sugar for a LONG time to help self medicate myself, because sugar raises those levels, even if it is just temporary. There can be a very real biological component to eating the sugar it seems (reading Potatoes not Prozac right now, very informational on this connection). Now that I think about it I have hit this mental wall around a month and a half every time I have tried to diet/eat healthier.

My coach knew of a few other people this had happened to and said that after a couple of weeks it seems to pass. She's going to look into it for me (she's really great) but until then recommended maybe some light walking or exercise to raise endorphins and to try eating another packet, even a higher carb if necessary (like a bar) to see if that helped. I'm going to try adding another low carb packet and maybe some walking (nothing crazy) to see if it helps. I will keep you posted. Hang in there and don't lose heart !!
ksunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #9  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

mepeterson I just got off TOM. I really just think its all the stress of everything else going on right now. And I know what you mean with our brains, but sometimes I feel fatter now. Like as I'm losing the weight, I think, I'm really that big?

hunter2 Thanks for the encouragement!!

Eli Thanks. Sometimes I need a lot of ??? and !!! from you guys to know I'm doing okay BTW, Your new picture is pretty

xanthia Gosh, I can't remember the last time I just sat down and read a book. I used to read all the time, but now I find myself hooked on reality TV, or too busy with work, and keeping the house clean that I'm just too tired to read. It's a good idea, escaping into someone else's world for a while. Or just sat in the bath. Showers are just so much convenient. I think you're right, maybe I just need a time out

Christina Don't worry, no matter what happens, I'll always be everyone else's cheerleader. I think it's why I always loved cheering. I could ignore me and focus on everyone else. This diet really makes you focus on yourself, and I'm not sure I know how, which could be whats so hard for me. And uh, I could use some time with my boyfriend So I'm combining you & xanthia's ideas and I'm going to spend my night reading about him!!
Oh, and back at ya!

MercuryVaporKitten I was NOT a stable person before the diet. I was already crazy. I'm pretty sure if anyone knew what goes on in my mind now that I'm on the diet, the would send me straight to the Loony Bin. Which reminds me, I am going to apply for a job as a waitress at a comedy club called the Looney Bin, so I can see the stand-up for free! And don't feel bad about the junk food thing. Yesterday my roommate had a pizza delivered to the house. She was in the shower when it came. I refused to answer the door and made him wait outside until she got out of the shower. I wouldn't even open the door to tell him, I yelled it from inside. I knew if I opened that door, I would claw his eyes out for that pizza. Yeah, like I said I was already crazy

ksunflower It's funny you mention Potatoes, because I was hooked on them prior to the diet. And cheese. Like I ate them at least once a day, usually twice. Any kind of potatoes. I have since I was like, born. My grandma had a special storage container for potatoes made, and it says Taylors Taters. Yeah, she got it made when I was 3. I have had clinical depression since I was 5, I wonder if the two are linked. Let me know what your coach says.

General Update
I am feeling quite a but better, still stressed, but you guys have helped cheer
Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

[QUOTE=ksunflower;3397496]Hi Taylor. Read your post and coincidentally I just talked to my IP coach yesterday about the same type of thing. The last few days I have felt very down, very depressed, no motivation to do anything. Its not TOM, or my energy level (which is fine), or even cravings (which seem to be under control). I think it has to do with me having low seretonin (sp?) levels and having used sugar for a LONG time to help self medicate myself, because sugar raises those levels, even if it is just temporary. QUOTE]

If you want to raise you serotonin levels try some 5-HTP. Its natural and helps produce serotonin. I learned about it thru some negative things I got into in the past but it really does have an effect on feeling happy. I keep a bottle of it for when I'm feeling depressed or bummed out and it seems to help me out.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #11  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
If you want to raise you serotonin levels try some 5-HTP. Its natural and helps produce serotonin. I learned about it thru some negative things I got into in the past but it really does have an effect on feeling happy. I keep a bottle of it for when I'm feeling depressed or bummed out and it seems to help me out.
Erm...it is legal right? Hahaha

Thanks for the tip
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Quote:
I know I already gave you a little pep talk this morning, but wanted to let you know that it is okay to have a bad day here and there. You are only human! Your body is going through a lot of changes right now and you have a lot of extra stress going on with life, work, the move, etc... I completely agree with taking a time out tonight...take a bath, read a book, something to "escape" and relax I know sometimes it is hard to "see" the weight loss for ourselves, but OMG....have you looked at your new avatar??? Take your before picture and put it next to your latest picture....there is a huge difference! You are rocking this and should be extremely proud of yourself!!!!

Here's a video I came across that I wanted to share with you - Live Inspired

Hugs coming your way
lisa4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #13  

TaylorMayde:
There are food and supplement strategies that can work in easing mild depression. Someone mentioned 5-HTP; another one, but more expensive is SAM-e, $50/month's supply. I've seen SAM-e, at Walmarts and drug stores in Canada

FYI: The Potatoes Not Prozac book is GREAT!!. PNP is about eating protein with slow carbs (either brown or green) in sufficient quantities to manage your levels of blood sugar, serotonin and betaendorphins. And, the program is about getting stable over a period of several months doing the program. Once you're stable, you look at weight loss. It would be very difficult to combine the PNP approach with IP.

There is a really useful table in most of Desmaisons' books (PNP author) that lists the symptoms of balanced and low levels of blood sugar, serotonin and betaendorphin.

My guess is that you're experiencing a double hit -- low serotonin and low betaendorphin. Sugar, refined carbs, fat and even dairy to some extent have an effect on your betaendorphin.

Some no cost, no carb things you can do for serotonin ... get lots of light, especially in your eyes; spend time in nature (negative/positive ion balance)

For betaendorphin, hugs, massages, laughing, sex, gentle-moderate exercise, playing with children, playing with animals, anything that brings you joy.

Take care of yourself! You're worth it!
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #14  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4972 View Post
I know sometimes it is hard to "see" the weight loss for ourselves, but OMG....have you looked at your new avatar??? Take your before picture and put it next to your latest picture....there is a huge difference! You are rocking this and should be extremely proud of yourself!!!!

Here's a video I came across that I wanted to share with you - Live Inspired

Hugs coming your way
I was sooooo sucking in in the avatar. But i told my self for my actual progress photos I would be completely honest, and not suck or turn my body to work the camera angles.
Thanks for the video and the hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

For betaendorphin, hugs, massages, laughing, sex, gentle-moderate exercise, playing with children, playing with animals, anything that brings you joy.

Take care of yourself! You're worth it!
I am worth it darn it!!
And I'm down for the hugs massages and laughing, but I don't have sex (I have that single girl swag) I'm terrified of children, I'm even more terrified of animals, and the exercise?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #15  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
And I'm down for the hugs massages and laughing, but I don't have sex (I have that single girl swag) I'm terrified of children, I'm even more terrified of animals, and the exercise?
just had to say KUDDOS for your abstinence! So many young girls today won't follow your example. Proud of you!!!!

ok now, carry on LOL

PS, we ALL suck it in girl...actually if we did it constantly (and not just for pics) it would help our posture and our abs!

Last edited by deinekatze; 07-21-2010 at 08:08 PM.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote