Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #1  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Question Has anyone ever used Drysol?

Hi all,

I struggle with excessive underarm sweating. Last night, I was discussing it with someone and they told me that they struggled with it too but found a solution in Drysol?

Has anyone here ever used it? Does it work? Do you only stop sweating in the arm region? This may sound weird but I love a good sweat when I work out. I therefore would not want it to interrupt the sweating in other areas.

Thanks for your help.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #2  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

I used it many years ago - in the 80s - when I suddenly developed an excessive sweating problem that resolved itself when a stress issue died down.

It did work, and it only stopped sweating in the underarm area. But it stung like crazy (on me, anyway) and I'm really glad that I didn't need it for long. That said, they may have changed/improved the formulation.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #3  

Thanks Fressca.

Anyone else care to share their experience with me?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #4  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

I've used it too, my pits sweat a LOT, although it's getting better the more I lose weight.

It makes my armpits burn too. There's a lower strength one you can buy at any drugstore called Certain-Dri. It's the same active ingredient, just a smaller amount. I found it works the same. You'll stop sweating completely in your armpits, and it will only be your armpits.

The burning isn't that bad. It's not fun though. You might want to use a good moisturizer on your armpits in the morning after you shower to keep your pits looking nice.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 07-21-2010 at 09:57 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I've used Certain Dri - it was over 5 years ago. I remember that you had to put it on a night or something but I would forget. I didn't really stick to it but I don't remember any burning. I am back to using secret and while I still sweat it is not excessive.
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #6  

Thanks guys
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I used it for awhile, in fact I still have a bottle. I had a prescription for it from my doctor because I had a really bad problem with excessive underarm perspiration. I have to wear really baggy shirts to keep from sweating through. It's horrible when I had to wear a fitted shirt.

Ok, back to dysol. The burning is the compound reacting to water. You have to make sure your underarms are completely dry. I mean right out of the shower and towel drying doesn't work. I would literally blow dry my underarms for a few seconds before I put the drysol on. That helped tremendously. I could only use it 1-2 times before I'd develop a rash like reaction. Then I'd have to wait for it to go away before I could use it again.

The newer brands that say "clincial strength" are so much better because they don't have as much of the active ingredient. They are more expensive then your regular anti-pers. But well worth it. I've foudn that I don't have to use it everyday. I can use it 1-2 times a week at night and be pretty good.

You'll only stop sweating where you use it.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #8  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I use Certain Dri, which comes in a white box and is usually at the bottom of the deodorants. It is amazing. I used to sweat so bad, I'd have to be so careful about what I wear--like it would be all the way down my side even just sitting in a cold office . Now I can wear whatever I want and not even worry about it!

It burns, you put it on at night right before bed, but it's worth it. Don't shave the day of and you'll be ok. I highly recommend it. I only need it every month or so now!
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #9  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

I used it. A couple years ago, I tried everything to stop sweating so much. But my sweating was caused from anxiety, so the only thing that helped me was therapy and low-dose antidepressants. I'm assuming this isn't the case for you, just giving my two cents worth.

Everyone warns against the danger of anti-ds in teenagers, but they are a great thing when used only as needed and monitored closely. I'm doing so much better now.
IndieSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #10  

Thumbs up Drysol

Well, Your Post is very good. It is very useful to people who are using Drysol for Underarm Sweating.As a matter of fact, hyperhydrosis is not limited to the armpits alone, so it is virtually impossible to stop sweaty palms, soles, and those annoying drips on the face. Drysol was created specifically as a treatment for problem areas and can solve the problem, once and for all, with regular, infrequent weekly applications at night.
Larissa George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #11  
natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu View Post

Ok, back to dysol. The burning is the compound reacting to water. You have to make sure your underarms are completely dry. I mean right out of the shower and towel drying doesn't work. I would literally blow dry my underarms for a few seconds before I put the drysol on. That helped tremendously. I could only use it 1-2 times before I'd develop a rash like reaction. Then I'd have to wait for it to go away before I could use it again.

The newer brands that say "clincial strength" are so much better because they don't have as much of the active ingredient. They are more expensive then your regular anti-pers. But well worth it. I've foudn that I don't have to use it everyday. I can use it 1-2 times a week at night and be pretty good.
Thank you for those tips! I made sure the pits were completely dry and there was no burning. In fact, I have extremely sensitive skin and I have very VERY little irritation occurring. My armpits don't even itch, only a little when I shave. I've been wanting to try the clinical strength too, I suppose I'll wait for it to go on sale. I forget to use Certain Dri every night so that would help. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

When I first got it I used as often as I could. Now I only use it when I think about it every once in awhile. It really helped me. I could soak a form fitting shirt in just a few hours. (not just a ring around-really soak...Yes, I know TMI) It was really disgusting. I'd use paper towels like pads on days I had to wear form fitting clothes.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #13  
natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu View Post
When I first got it I used as often as I could. Now I only use it when I think about it every once in awhile. It really helped me. I could soak a form fitting shirt in just a few hours. (not just a ring around-really soak...Yes, I know TMI) It was really disgusting. I'd use paper towels like pads on days I had to wear form fitting clothes.
Not disgusting lol. I get really bad pit stains too. The second I hit puberty, I started sweating a lot. It's not as bad as when I was bigger, but still above average sweating, though no stinkiness to match thank goodness.