Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 55in

Wink I am new and today is day 1 for me

I am starting the Sonoma diet today (following the online version while my book is in transit). I think it is going to be great. My family is not too big a fan of some of the foods allowed (olives....) but we will make it work. The recipes in the online program are pretty involved but I love to cook. I hope once I get the hang of it I will be able to do more on my own and not rely on the recipes so much.

A bit of background on me. I am 39, post menopausal due to total hysterectomy I had to have to treat breast cancer 2 years ago. I have 4 kids. My oldest is in route to Afghanistan, 2 teen girls, and an almost teen boy. My health is in the crapper and I am hoping by eating better I can improve that. I have RA so I am in ain pretty much 24/7. I need to exercise so I am going to start ChaLEAN. I have about 20-25 lbs to loose.
SherryInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3

HI Sherri

Welcome to this little corner of the web. The Sonoma plan does take some planning and additions to the kitchen(at least for me) The kids will like the wraps option for lunch, just use a whole wheat tortilla and the filling can be leftovers from the dinners. Let them have fruit even when you are on Wave One.

I too had a breast cancer diagnosis last year. Had A bilateral mastectomy and chemo. When the oncologist says to lose weight you listen more then just the GP . Sonoma has been great if very slow..I don't fall off, I wander from the straight and narrow, but I don't fall. I' over 60,no kids so different life worries. Wish you luck on your journey.

ps It's pretty quiet in here. It helps to read back over the old posts-give you an idea of the meals others used to lose. Don't forget the 9inch plate-that and the whole grains are the secret ingredients.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3

Default How's it going?

Did your book arrive. Are you more enthused or worried?

I didn't stick exactly to the recipes in the book,just the type of foods.
Tell me what you found on the web that you were following. I signed up for a newsletter but just can't make myself pay for the web access each week.

Good luck and success in whatever you are doing.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies!

I have the Sonoma book but its just sitting there...I haven't opened it but I really need to.

Sherry - how do you like the online program?
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote