Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #1  

Default "Skinny Switch" Infomercial

Aren't informercials so intriguing? Has anybody seen this one? From what I've read (it's purposely vague of course so you'll "buy the program" which I have no intention of doing!) this guy is selling one idea which is a "2 day on/1 day off" approach. On WHAT I'm not sure but wondering if anybody has tried that idea of having a certain amount of calories for 2 days then somewhat more on the 3rd day. I feel like I heard somebody at the gym talking about that jumpstarting her weightloss for the (in my case eternal) "last ten pounds."
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I bought a similar diet after researching skinny switch. I can see how this works but I don't think anyone would want to make it a lifestyle change.

It's based on calorie shifting to trick the body. I am oversimplifying but you let them know what types of food you like to eat and they build a meal plan. The meal plan isn't like, "eat whole grain pasta with meat sauce". It's more like, Monday you focus on eating veggies and fruits (all that you want) the next day is proteins and cheese (all that you want) etc. Who eats like that?

I bought the Fat Loss For Idiots diet after doing a lot of research online. As I said in another post, I believe you can lose weight eating like this for a certain time but I don't know who would want to eat like this for the rest of their lives.

PM me if you want a copy
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 AM   #3  

OMG not the "today is a fruit" day thing, been there done that and bought the T-shirt. I went on a really strenuous hike like 3rd day in and ended up vomiting papaya on the trail. LOVELY! Still cannot even be in the same room with a papaya, thank you "Beverly Hills Diet!"

They seem to recycle these same ideas infinitely...I guess there's always new generations to sucker into them!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #4  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

I did their "free trial" when it first came out, and canceled within a week. At the time it was little more than an assortment of recipes from which you pick your favorites and the site spits out meal plans based on your picks. I found most recipes to be fairly labor intensive, and they used quite a few fake fats and sugars... which I don't do.

The "2 on 1 off" thing is that you get to have a cheat food every third day of the program. Other than that, it was a low fat, higher protein menu-based plan. Not much of a secret.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with wurdnerd. It seems like a diet with a cheat day thrown in every third day so you don't lose your mind. Why not just try calorie cycling?
I myself eat mostly meat and veggies. I also eat some fruit because it's summer and it's there. I have all winter to eat apples and oranges. Sigh...
Anyway, I also have "cheat meals" or certain things I avoid from time to time. When I stick to plan for a while (with some cheating here and there) I lose weight. It's not hard. Just focus on a healthy diet and the weight loss will come. Sorry to say, but I have learned that the "fads" are over rated. Stick to healthy eating and exercise.
mom with issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #6  

Hi Philligirl!

Please can you pm me the Skinny Switch Diet you have.
Jackie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote