Atkins - I WILL suceed!

View Full Version : I WILL suceed!

imstuffed
07-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok so I've messed up. I have *slowly* lost a stone so far. Silly me thought "well maybe i can start having healthy breakfasts like granola and berries since im sick of eating meat in the mornings" - big BIG mistake! I seriously should have known better. Give me an inch and I will take a mile - when it comes to carbs at least.

Anyway, this is me saying to all of you, I f-d up. If you're prone to carb binging like I am, don't give yourself an inch. I'm going back on proper Atkins induction as of tomorrow morning. I won't say "hopefully" I won't mess up ... I WILL NOT MESS UP (this is my determined head talking)

Thanks for reading my rant :)

kaylasmom010
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello Imstuffed!! I am on induction now. My mom and I are doing it together. I am going to stay in induction phase for a month and then slowly add berries and jello. Thank you for posting this because if I even thought I could handle carbs I now know that would be a big mistake. Good luck!! Welcome back to Induction!!!

Sherrie568
07-20-2010, 07:30 PM
If you are "sick of eating meat in the mornings" you could try a cheese omelette. Use 1/2 cup eggbeaters(=2 eggs), and 1/4 cup shredded lowfat cheddar or colbyjack cheese. (egg beaters = 60 calories, 12g protein; cheese = 180 calories, 16g protein)

I also have a protein shake (made w/water) 120 calories, 23 protein, 2g fat, 2g carbs.

Totals:
calories: 360
fat: 8g
carbs: 6g
protein: 51

Torister
07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I often have eggs for bfast, but this week one day I had leftovers from dinner the night before. One thing is for sure...in order for Atkins to work, you need to work the plan. Good luck!

Deena52
07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Congratulations on losing a stone (that's 14 lbs., right?) ! :carrot:

I've never been much of a breakfast person....though I MUST have my coffee every morning. But I agree with the others here....omelets are a great option. For some reason, I found that I got sick of eggs faster if I ate them hard-boiled as snacks (with some mayo). That got old really fast....but with omelets, that didn't happen...especially if I added all sorts of interesting ingredients to them (cheese, veggies, bacon, etc.).

Also....one can get adjusted to eating non-breakfast foods for breakfast. Years ago, when we were on the swim team as kids, we would eat steak in the morning before a swim meet, as we were told to eat protein for breakfast on those days. And we got accustomed to eating steak for breakfast.

I also LOVE farmer's cheese....although it can be difficult to find (I get it at Super G here) and it has zero carbs. For breakfast, I would put a pack of splenda and some cinnamon on it.
There are also recipes for low-carb "muffin in a cup"-type things. I know some of the gals here know that recipe.....and it can be really helpful with breakfast menus.

deena :)

imstuffed
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks everyone :)

I've been offline for a few days but have still been sticking to plan. It's my TOM but I have still managed to lose another pound and reach the 15lbs mark :)

I think eggs are a good option for breakfast. I just need to get myself more organised and get up earlier in the morning to eat!

Thanks so much for your responses, they have brightened up my day :)