Exercise! - Elliptical machines

View Full Version : Elliptical machines

erinm
10-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone! I just purchased a Nordic Track CTX 910 (I haven't recieved it yet, so I don't have any feedback). I was wondering what experiences you all have had with home elliptical machines. I love the Precor ones at my gym, but they cost way too much. I want to know the good, the bad, and the downright ugly of machines you've owned and what you look for in buying new equipment. I mostly wanted a sturdy, low-cost elliptical that had a calories burned field on the console.

Songbird-LS
10-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Hello Erin, I have an eliptical trainer mine is a pro-form cost around 400$. I enjoy mine. I have defienately gotten a better sork out on this than someother machines I have had. I dont have the luxary of being able to go to a gym because I live tooo far away from them. I chose an eliptical because I had heard that it gave the best cardio workout without being hard on your knees. I kicked my butt the first time I used it!..lololol.
good luck with your machine!!!
Songbird

margie1
10-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Hi! Dec. 24th 2001 I bought a $3500 LifeFitness 5500 Elliptical Crosstrainer from Fitness Experience. Within a month, it broke. I had the repair man out to my house two times to fix my machine. Last week it broke again. I was pretty upset and went straight from my workout to Fitness Experience to tell them that I was not going to have a repair man fix this machine again. The 5500 is no longer being made and they replaced my machine with a X9, which is about $1,000 more than my 5500 was. The machine sounds and feels a lot better when I use it.
Although I have only used my replacement machine twice, (and I am hoping that it doesn't break like my first machine) I am happy with the service that I have received from Fitness Experience. One thing that this experience has taught me is to make sure that you check out the warranty and company before you buy a machine!

Besides that, I love my elliptical! I feel that I get a great cardio workout! At first I could only do 5 minutes, but I am now doing 45 minute workouts! My legs and arms feel great and I really sweat! Good luck on your workouts! I think you'll love it!!

nikkic
10-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Hi,
We bought an Orbitrek, it was under $200, I think. It really does give you one heck of a work out. It's probably the cheapest one on the market, but if your not sure if you want one, it's a good starting point. We've had it for over a year now and it hasn't given us any trouble yet.

Carnation
10-16-2002, 10:28 AM
Our daughter has an Orbitrek that is about three years old and it is still like brand new. She really loves it!!!