100 lb. Club - After only a week of eating right...

hpnodat
07-19-2010, 08:48 PM
the swelling in my legs, feet, hands and fingers is gone. The nerve pain that I've been having in my right leg and mid back region is almost gone.
There must be a huge link in aches & pains and high calorie, fatty & carb ridden foods. Because that's what I was eating before.
Anyone else experience this?

Bunti
07-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Much of my swelling went away, as well. I am eating pretty low carb now, and have been for awhile. I eat loads of vegies, some fruits, meats, fish, poultry, eggs and drink lots of water-- try to avoid liquids with calories. I have the occasional whole grains, (no wheat, which is darn hard). Oh, by the way, eating the way I do eliminates lots of additives and preservatives, as I am a scrupulous label checker. Unlike some on these boards, however, I still use the occasional artificial sweetener, and still like my coffee and tea. (Hardly ever a soda, and then just a small glass as a special treat--maybe once every month or so.)

My scale hasn't moved for awhile, I need to get moving more, but I feel so much better, I almost can't believe it. This is becoming more and more a lifestyle I can live with.!!

My leg and ankle swelling was the first to respond to my new way of eating.

Athenacapella
07-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Wheat seems to trigger something similar in me, too.

TXMary2
07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
The bloated feeling I had was gone within two days. I have had no acid reflux issues since starting my journey. I sleep better. Aside from some female productive issues, my health has improved immensely.

Rosinante
07-20-2010, 03:48 AM
I think it's wheat for me, plus general processed rubbish.
I began the current diet trying lowcarb and within a very few days my joint pains had gone and my skin much improved. I was eating fairly high fat, though, so I don't think fat's the issue for me.

When I moved on to the Low GI, therefore higher carb WOE (I still keep to 100g or under), I was worried that the aches and pains and trumpetting insides would all come back - but they haven't. I'm putting that down to absence of wheat. I suppose it could just be absence of garbage but I don't miss wheat enough to bother trying to add it back in.