100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, goals, stuff....week of July 19

Beverlyjoy
07-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Are you looking for a place to have some accountability, put down your menu, exercise goals, other goals or more - then here it is.

Please feel free to join in.

TXMary2
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Good morning gals.....I am up 1.2 today from yesterday- I had one day in the 220's. Now I am 230.6 again. Yesterday's calories were 1757 - but I ate 3 servings of organic tortilla chips with sea salt and my homemade salsa. I didn't exercise and didn't get enough water. So, today I am back on for exercise at the pool as long as it doesn't rain again. My plan is to be under 1700 calories today and get all my water in.

I hope you all have a great day!

ANewCreation
07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Good morning chickies!

My weekend was fabulous. Oldest son surprised me by coming into town for a 3 day weekend visit! The whole family got together and we had a great time catching up. Fun was had by all.

I tried a new vegetable this weekend and fell in love--with spaghetti squash! While everyone else had pasta I indulged in spaghetti squash and it was FABULOUS! I still have quite a bit leftover and I think I will freeze some of it.

Today I will swim laps.

B--oatmeal pancakes, black coffee. 300c

S--tomatoes/LF Laughing Cow cheese 100c

L--Frozen dinner 300c

S--Nuts--170c

Squash/ red sauce--400c

S--Yogurt/fruit--140c

Total--1410c

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Slashnl
07-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi all. This is an accountability thread, isn't it? Well, I have to be accountable. I have been awful lately. I am easily taken off plan, have had no willpower, and have been too lazy to workout. You should hear the excuses I have. They are creative if nothing else. So, I have been bad. But here I am, trying to turn it around!

I went to the gym this morning, a little Body Pump to get myself going again. Yes, I'm tired and sore. I have to pay that price!!! It wouldn't be that bad if I had kept consistent all this time. Not a problem. I'm going to Spin tomorrow. I can't have any more excuses.

I'm reworking my breakfast and lunches because I need something different. It's been easy to follow my plan with eating the same thing every day, but at least for this week, I need something different. I think I was getting tired of the same stuff.

Here's to a better week!!

ANewCreation - You know, I love squash, but I don't think I have tried spaghetti squash. How did you fix it?

TXMary - You can get back to the 120's. I know you can! Have a good week with being on plan!!

Hi to everyone else who will be posting later!

mingle
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Good morning, ladies! :) Hope you are doing well!

TXMary - I'm sure it's just that extra salt causing the slight gain. Don't worry about it & have a great day today with lots of water! :)

ANewCreation - what a nice surprise to have this weekend! I've long wanted to try spaghetti squash, but have been too scared that I won't prepare it right or something. Feel free to pass on any tips on how you made it, what you ate it with, etc. Thanks :)

slashnl - good for you for coming back & holding yourself accountable! Stay strong & committed this week - I know you can do it!!!

As for me, having a good day so far - got up & did a 30 minute cardio bootcamp & 30 minutes HIIT on the elliptical for 2.6 miles. I donated blood through the Red Cross for the first time this morning. I'm still feeling a little woozy from that!

This weekend was my first 100% OP weekend that I've had in quite a while. I am so happy with that!! I don't really know what was different. Something just clicked. And the temptation to overeat/binge, while there, wasn't strong. I hope that keeps up, & when it doesn't, I hope my committment & resolve is stronger than the urge to eat!

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 3 turkey sausage links, 1 banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus with a few baby carrots & cauliflower florets
Lunch - apple, wrap with lean roast beef & tukey, lettuce & tomatoes, light yogurt
Snack - yogurt & Brothers apple fruit crisps
Supper - left over grilled stuff (probably a hot dog & small piece of steak) with lots of veggies

Have a wonderful day, ladies!! :)

mj5
07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone! I had a GREAT workout this morning!!! I feel SO good!

I really like spaghetti squash, but I can't remember how to prepare it. Refresh my memory, please?

Tomorrow I won't have a car, so I won't get to the gym, BUT I will either go for a walk or if it is raining I will do a workout dvd.

ANewCreation
07-19-2010, 03:50 PM
There are many spaghetti squash recipes on here--check out the south beach threads (I think) or search it on 3FC. They all sounded good to me and got some rave reviews!

I did as suggested by someone else at 3FC and this works out great--poke several holes in a washed, whole spaghetti squash. Mine was about 5 pounds and I microwaved it for 15 minutes. I then threw a dish towel over it, so it could continue to cook while it cooled down. About an hour later I split it in half, scooped out the seeds (these run down the middle so it's easy to do) and then took a fork and scooped out the flesh. It just falls apart into shreds (hence the name spaghetti squash).

When my family was ready to eat I just put the spaghetti sauce on top of my 2 cups of squash. Don't get me wrong, no one would confuse the squash for pasta. It is 'crunchy' compared to pasta. But, it was delicious! I also put a tablespoon of parmesan, about 8 oz of sauteed mushrooms and zucchini with it. YUMMY! I figured it came in at about 380c.

For lunch I had about 3 cups of the squash (120 c) with 2 laughing cow cheese (LF--70 c) and 1 T light butter (80c). Sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and it was a HUGE amount of delicious satisfying food for about 270c.

I don't think there will be any left for the freezer!

jab91864
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Well I'm back...lol. Gained 33 lbs while I was away... sure comes back a LOT faster than it leaves.

Anyway here is to a new start and better luck being faithful !!!

Today's food

Yogurt
Tuna fish
tea (no sugar)
water

Tuna w/ chopped celery
splash of raspberry vinagrette
ice tea (no sugar)
water

almonds
water

Green beans drizzle of olive oil
2-eggs
water

Yogurt
water

sunflowergal40
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi all! :D

Well, I'm definitely wanting some spaghetti squash now! LOL Sounds good. I did a terrible job with food today. :( Way too many calories!

I did drink plenty of water today and did 30 minutes of cardio.

Hope everyone is doing well!

jab91864
07-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Hope everyone has a great day and stays on point !!! :carrot:

TXMary2
07-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone!

Anew- I have been asking my husband to grow some spaghetti squash in our garden. I can't wait to try some.

Slash- WTG on getting to the gym

Sunflower- you will get the food in check- remember nothing tastes as good as being fit and healthy feels. Good job on the water and exercise.

mj- congratson your workout.

jab- welcome back!! You can do it!

Yesterday I was on the high end of my calories - 1927 (I am allowed 1940), I exercised at the pool treading water for 25 minutes and then we were rained out. My blood sugar was 99 this morning and also........ I REACHED MY SECOND MINI GOAL of 228 !!!!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!! I am so excited!! Onederland here I come!! I should definitely be there by Christmas if not Thanksgiving.

Have a great day everyone!!

mingle
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Good morning, ladies! :)

TXMary - congrats on reaching your next milestone!!! Your hardwork & persistance is paying off!

sunflower - keep at it! Good job at getting the water & exercise in - now add food to that focus :)

jab - Hi :) Good for you for coming back. Stay committed to yourself - you can do this!

ANewCreation - I am definitely going to try a spaghetti squash now!!!

mj - great job at getting your exercise in!

As for me, got in a decent workout this morning. I did a 40 minute workout called "Rock Hard Body Extreme" with Steve Maresco. It was tough & I'm happy that I made it through. I had to do some of the modified moves, & for some reason that is bumming me out. I know logically that I WILL get there, it just seems like the scale is moving at a snail's pace. Sigh. I just started lovely TOM this morning, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with my Debbie Downer attitude. I just want this weight to come off so much faster than what it is. I've lost an average of 7-8 pounds per month since I started at the end of April, & although I know that is GREAT, I just feel like someone as big as me should be losing more like 10-12 pounds per month.

Anyway, sorry to be such a kill joy. I'll come around & feel better about things, I'm positive. I'm not going to let a down day throw me off track!

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 3 turkey sausage links, 1 banana
Snack - sliced cucumbers with 2 T. hummus
Lunch - wrap with lean roast beef & turkey, yogurt, apple
Snack - yogurt with Brother's natural apple fruit crisps
Supper - large salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, light cheese, grilled chicken & 2 T. light dressing, 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1/2 T. butter
Snack - Weight Watcher's cookies & cream ice cream bar

Have a wonderful, healthy day ladies!

mj5
07-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Rhonda--How is/was Florida?

Schmoodle--How are you doing?

Diane--I know what you mean about eating the same stuff...it's easy, but I get bored...I know you will have a better week!

mingle--GREAT job!!!

ANewCreation--Thanks! I think I did something similiar, except I cut it in 1/2, wrapped in plastic and cooked in the microwave...hmm, it's coming back to me now...it is SOOOOO good!!!

jab--Welcome back!!! You can do this!

sunflower--ok, so not so good w/ food, but great job w/ water and cardio!

TXMary--CONGRATS!!!!!

I am wanting some spaghetti squash too! I'll have to look at the store when I get groceries this week.

So today my car is at the garage for an oil change. Can't get to the gym, SO as soon as hubby dropped me off I threw on my sneakers and went for a looooong walk. My legs were sore from yesterday, but I feel great now! If it isn't raining when my car is done, I'll walk down to the garage to pick it up. (I should have done that this morning to drop it off, but honestly, didn't think of it!) I am really hoping that this week of making sure I work out during vacation gets me back into my 'groove'. It's totally mental...I actually like to workout, it's my "me" time, I know it's important and yet so many times I just don't do it.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Slashnl
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Made it to the gym this morning for spin class. It was hard, but I think I’m paying the price for being so lazy last week. I’ll go in for Body Flow tomorrow. It’s really hot here, so any effort is tough! But, I have to keep going this week to get back on track. It is easier when I stay in my zone. I was over on calories yesterday, so I have to be more careful today.

Mingle: Good job on the new workout. Don’t worry about expressing how you feel about the slow progress. You’ll get past that and feel good about it again! Keep plugging along.

AnewCreation: Thanks for the tips on spaghetti squash. I’ll have to get one and try it out.

Hi Jab: Welcome back. I’m glad that you are posting again.

Sunflower: I hear you on too many calories. It’s so easy to slip up! Hope it goes better for you today.

TXMary: Congrats on meeting your goal!! Yay for you!

MJ: Sorry you couldn’t make it to the gym, but it sounds like you made the best of it! Good for you.

Have a great day everyone!

sunflowergal40
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Mingle: You are not a kill joy! You are a great encourager and someone I admire for the hard work you've done so far. Remember we've all learned that taking it off fast does not last!

MJ: You also are to be admired and praised for working out on vacation time. I'm hoping I can do the same next week when my family and I sneak away for a few days before back to school. The place we are going to has a workout room and several pools. I've never ever worked out on a trip. But I'm picking up a momentum with my exercise that I hope will carry over to the trip.

I actually am enjoying my workouts lately too! That is huge for me as I've rarely liked exercise over the years. But since I've gotten started this time I feel so good that I keep wanting to do it! I swear I think it was the hysterectomy that got me jump started as I haven't felt this good in years.

jab91864
07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Well today's food went good.

tea (no sugar)
yogurt w/ 1 TAB of pineapple (canned)
water
celery sticks w/ approx 1.5 TAB of peanut butter

water
yogurt
boiled egg
apple
almonds

water
lg bowl of veg chili (i was craving something tomatoey)

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC evening !!! :D

Beverlyjoy
07-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi folks -

Life is very stressful. My surgery is scheduled for next week and I have a something going on with my skin all over my body. The dermatologist says he doesn't think it's a stress. He says he doesn't believe in that....hmm. He is doing different things to figure it out. I am not sure I can go forward with the surgery will we know what it is or isn't. Once I have this surgery I can't be 'running around' to deal with the red raised spots.I don't want to reschedule - but, it might happen. Things have been up and down with my emotions.

I need to remind myself all day long that food does not take away stress.

Mj - thanks for missing me.

Have a great day.

mingle
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Good morning, ladies :)

mj - great job on getting that walk in right away in the morning!

slash - hope you have a good time at body fit class today :)

sunflower - so glad that you are enjoying exercise; isn't it amazing how much better we feel physically & emotionally when we're getting exercise in!! :)

jab - great work on the food yesterday!

beverlyjoy - I'm so glad you checked in, but so sorry to hear all of what you are having to deal with. :( I'm thinking of you often & hoping that you are able to move ahead through all this health stuff & get to a place where you feel less stress & more peace :hug:

As for me, still feeling frustrated, but doing okay. Calories were a little low yesterday & I got in a really good workout (50 minutes HIIT on the elliptical for 4.6 miles) this morning, but for some reason that stupid scale is UP this morning. I honestly don't get it. I've been pretty darn accurate at tracking calories this week & gotten in fairly high intensity every day but Saturday (& even then I did a ton of yardwork) & yet the scale is moving in the opposite direction. It is so discouraging. I feel like if this is the amount of work I have to do just to maintain my weight at 230, I have no hope of ever getting to goal.

But I am trying like mad to push those defeating thoughts right out of my mind & trust that if I keep working, change WILL happen!

I have my one-on-one meeting with the nutritionist at work today. I'm hoping she'll help me figure out where exactly my caloric intake should be. Maybe I'm eating too much right now (around 1850/day average - I do the calorie cycling). She'll also take my weight on one of those scales that measures body fat (ugh) & lean muscle mass. If nothing else, it should be informative.

I hope everyone has a really great day!! :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast - banana, egg + egg white scramble, 3 turkey sasuage links
Snack - sliced cucubmer & light cheese stick
Lunch - wrap with lean turkey & veggies, apple, yogurt
Snack - yogurt & Brother's apple fruit crisps
Supper - large salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower & light dressing
Snack - 90 cal. granola bar & 1 T. natural PB

Slashnl
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Just a quick post today. Busy! Have a great day everyone!

jab91864
07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Beverlyjoy ~ I hope the rash is under control and you won't have to post pone surgery, that would be beyond frustrating!! I think the dermatologist is wrong in saying it could not be stress related, anything is possible and if stress can kill ya it sure can cause you to break out all over. I work in the pharmaceutical field and I see a LOT of folks who spend thousands every year on a dermatologist that is trying to figure out the problem... I hope he finds an answer for you and things start to smooth out.

You're right stress is not relieved by food... I repeat that all the time, now if I could only force myself to listen more often...lol

Mingle ~ maybe it is muscle building that is causing the scale to flex a little the opposite way. Don't let it get to you , it's just a blip on the big screen...

Food for today~

oatmeal
water

tuna w/chopped celery & 1 TAB. pineapple
apple
small yogurt
water

almonds
water

single serving cheesy rice w/broccoli
i tossed in muchrooms & onion
water

I was at work and someone passed by and slipped a giant butterfinger in my smock pocket. OMG the temptation. I don't work with this girl very often but when I do she always has candy of some kind she passes out and I had forgotten. I did NOT eat it. I thanked her and brought it home for my son. I was quite proud of myself as it spent half the day staring at me from the other side of my keyboard taunting me...lol

Another day on the upside, I'm happy. :carrot:

I know I need to start exercising.... :p

TXMary2
07-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Mingle: You are doing great! I didn't realize we started around the same time and our weight numbers are almost the same. I started on April 21st at 258 and today weigh 228. you are several inches taller than me so you probably look thinner than I do!!!!! Keep on going!

Bevjoy: I am praying all works out for you with your surgery.

MJ: You worked out on vacation!! I don't know that I would have! You go!!!

Slash: I am impressed that you do spin class! I don't think I could make it through a spin class even after dropping 30 pounds. I swim and I walk because I can't handle heart pounding feeling like I might drop dead aerobic type stuff. The most strenuous I got was dancing wildly to 80's music in my house for 45 mins straight. LOL

Well, I am down .2 from yesterday. I didn't exercise and this morning my blood sugar was 110. I am already at 1622 calories today and I am still hungry. I haven't made the healthiest choices today so that is probably why I am hungry, but I feel like I haven't made the healthiest choices today BECAUSE I am hungry - lol - a viscious circle. Amazingly enough my carbs are under 50%, protein is 24% which is more than most days. It's odd.

My mom got her treadmill today (she lives behind me) so I am heading over there in a few minutes to walk on it for at least 20 minutes.

mj5
07-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Good Morning!

I am down 1lb this week! Can you believe it?! I actually lost weight on vacation. I think that is a first! Hmmm, maybe there is something to this exercise stuff...LOL! But seriously, I have been making an effort to make healthy choices and I have worked out. I have also been trying to listen to my body (thanks to Beverlyjoy's advice!)...am I REALLY hungry? also eating much more slowly.

Diane--I know what you mean about working out when it is so hot, but it is easier to stay in the zone...keep it up, you can do it!

sunflowergal--Awww, thanks! This is a first for me...usually I "use" vacation as an excuse to slack off on exercise, but I thought I would try something different. Yes, workout on your trip!!! Keep that momentum going! So glad you are feeling good!!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no!!!! Hope you can get this figured out so you can get the surgery over with. Sending you a big hug!!! Like I said above, I have been using some of your hints, like listening to my body...asking if I am REALLY hungry before I get a snack? and eating much more slowly. When I am finished eating I get up and rinse off my plate, rather than sit and contempate having 2nds. It takes some effort, but it really works!!!!!

jab--mmmm chili! Good for you for resisting the candy! I used to be "known" for the candy dish on my desk. Then I started filling it w/ dark chocolate. Then a bunch of offices moved out of our building, so I did away w/ the candy dish...now I have some 100 cal packs of different things as "treats" when we have meetings. Funny things is....I NEVER ate the candy from my own candy dish!!!!

mingle--Keep at it!!! I am sure the nutritionist gave you some great info. Yea, those numbers can be eye opening (I had mine done earlier this year...), but they are good to know!

TXMary--How was the walk on the treadmill? thanks! This is a first for me! LOL!!!

K, I need to get moving....off to the farmers market to see what yummy veggies I can find, then grocery shopping. We FINALLY bought a new grill last night, so now we can finally grill again!!!!!!!!!

Have a great OP day!

TXMary2
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Good morning ladies. I did 21 minutes on the treadmill last night between 3.0 - 3.5 mph at an incline of about 2.5 the whole time. It felt like I got a good workout, but I temporarily had a pity party last night because Fitday says I only burned 98 calories. I am over it though! I will not focus on that again and instead focus on sweating the fat off!!

My calories were high yesterday. I felt hungry a lot and also didn't make some of the best choices so today I am back on track and plan to be under 1800 for the day.

Breakfast will be 2 egss and whole wheat toast. Maybe a little cottage cheese for more protein.

Between breakfast and lunch I am heading to my mom's to get back on the treadmill.

Have a great day everybody!

mingle
07-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Good morning ladies! :)

jab - good job on resisting that candy bar!!

TXMary - we are very similar in our start dates & current weights! It's great to have someone go through this with :) Hope the treadmill walk went well - that's so nice that you have access to that!

mj - way to go on losing weight while on vacation!! Great job on listening to your body - something I need to work on as well! Have fun at the farmer's market :)

The visit with the nutritionist went well. The percent body fat was eye opening. I am 43% fat. Eek. I should be below 34%. So, it's nice to have that goal to work towards. She also suggested eating 5 "mini-meals" per day & gave some menu plans to work towards that. Today is day one, & I'm kind of excited to see how it goes. She suggested that I keep exercise the same, but add to it in small increments - a few extra minutes on the elliptical, heavier weights when doing my strength training DVDs, etc. She also put me in a calorie range of 1700-1800, so pretty close to where I was at, but a little lower. I hope making some of these changes will make a difference! I meet with her again in one month, so I'm committed to these changes & am excited to see how far I can get :)

Got in some good strength training this morning - a 20 minute interval core workout, a 24 minute interval upper body workout & a 10 minute lower body workout.

Today's menu

Meal 1: 1.8 oz. shredded wheat cereal, 1/2 C. skim milk, banana
Meal 2: 1/4 C. walnuts, light cheese stick
Meal 3: side salad with 2 T. raisins & 2 T. light dressing, 2 oz. lean meat on an Orowheat sandwhich thin with 1 laughing cow cheese wedge
Meal 4: Greek yogurt & apple
Meal 5: 4 oz. lean meat, 1 C. steamed veggies, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 T. natural peanut butter

That puts me at about 1500 calories, so will probably have a Skinny Cow ice cream bar for dessert.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! :)

jab91864
07-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Worked a slightly different shift today which threw my eating / food out of whack a bit.

Was rushing this morning on my way out the door and grabbed half a pancake (no syrup) rolled it up and left for work. I had made the pancakes for my son and was running behind. So while I wasn't pleased about it I don't think any harm was done since it's all I had for breakfast.

Today's food~

1/2 pancake
water

brown rice
tomatoes
2-boiled eggs
water

chicken soup
water

yogurt
water

Mingle~ good luck with the changes!!

TxMary~ sounds like you are enjoying the treadmill, nice to have it so close!

mj5~ GREAT job losing wt on vacation!!! I love to grill. I am slowly watching my tomatoes in the garden just start to turn. Gonna try to hit the farmer's mkt on Saturday to get some healthy yummy stuff!!

Hope everyone has a good evening!!

Elijahs phoenix
07-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Today was hubby's birthday so when went out to dinner. I skipped lunch today to be able to enjoy it. So I had some great grilled blacked halibut and mash potatoes and a small slice of chocolate cake. I enjoyed it alot but tomorrow it is right back to plan. Also tomorrow I have to go pull a bunch of weeds in my yard so I should get good workout. I started a week ago and I'm down 5lbs:carrot:

Beverlyjoy
07-23-2010, 08:35 AM
well, it's figured out...I've been covered with splotches on my skin. My regular doctor said they look like bites. I told her they don't itch. That - with an up and coming surgery I wanted to go see a dermatologist for a consultation. She didn't agree. (Mind you this is with surgery just two weeks away). Finally, after going back and forth with her - I decided to get to a dermatologist on my own. I got into the practice of my mom. Last Saturday the dermatologist took one of my spots to do a biopsy. Well - as it turns out, it's a follicle thing caused by a staph infection. I have to take anti-biotics for thirty days. And, of course, no surgery next week. Can't do that with a compromised immune system. In the mean time I had an exterminator here to see if we have an insect problem - none. I have been going crazy! The moral of this story is - trust your gut feeling - do what you need to do - be pushy enough to do what you really need done - finally - get a new family doctor when necessary. I would not have gone forward with the surgery unless I had an answer. I am grateful to know, of course.

Thanks for being such supportive friends, listening and sharing your concern.

GaDragonfly
07-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a little late in the week to join a weekly thread but I love the idea of being accountable to friends so I'll jump right in if you don't mind. My scale has been hung up on 260 for the entire week. Today it looked like it wanted to drop into the 259 but just couldn't make up it's mind. Fridays have always been Sangria day so dinner may ruin the chances of dropping into the 250's. But I haven't eaten a piece of beef all week and I love beef fajitas and sangria so I'll just watch what I eat until then. Yesterday we had a lunch meeting going on in the office suite and in addition to the cookies that come each week the lunch lady brought in .....ready for this???.....creme brulee!! :nono:I had my mind set that I wasn't going to eat an M&M chocolate chip cookie but I wasn't counting on the creme brulee. But I didn't eat a single bite. :cheer2: As a matter of fact, around 3 pm I walked into the kitchen/work room and there was one bowl left. I quickly called someone that I knew would eat it and asked her to come get it :). So yesterday I ate:

coffee - 3 cups

turkey wrap - 4"
carrot sticks - 5
water - 24 oz

water - 24 oz

seared sea bass (6 oz) wrapped in egg roll wrapper (3) and deep fried
(yeah I know the deep fried egg roll wrapper is what kept the scale from dropping to 250)
coke - 7 oz (was in there from last weekend and couldn't resist)

Have a great weekend!
Julie

mingle
07-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Good morning, ladies. Just a quick pop in & I'll be back later to catch up with everyone.

I just have to post real quick & hold myself accountable, or I will try to "hide" & probably end up eating like crap all weekend. I totally over ate last night :( I went out with friends, had too many drinks, got home late & was ravenous. Coupled with the lowered resolve because of the alcohol, I just ate way, way too much. I'm bummed at myself, but like I said, I'm holding myself accountable & moving on today. Today WILL be a successful day!!

I'll catch up with you all later :)

sunflowergal40
07-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi all! I've been AWOL for a couple of days. It was a combination of lifting too much (just 4 weeks post op), overdoing it with too strenuous exercise (again surgery's fault), and overdoing it with calories (my fault).

The days haven't been totally blown. I'm trying to do better with the food. One day will be good and the next bad. Since the painful night that I ended up on Percocet I've been taking the exercise a little slower. But I am still walking 20 minutes each day. If there is one goal I can consistently meet it's the water one! LOL I can put away some water! :carrot: Haven't had a soda or McDonald's sweet tea in a while!

I had labwork for an upcoming physical yesterday and had actually lost 2 pounds. So the ostrich is taking her head out of the sand as the butterfly is being transformed into a beautiful pink flamingo!!! :D What an odd ticker I designed!

jab91864
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM
E.Phoenix ~ I have the same "weed" work out planned for this weekend. The rain has been horrid and they sprout faster than I can keep up with them. Have some peas to pick and garlic to dig up though so it's not all bad..lol. 5-lbs is definitely something to cheer about, Congrats!!!

BeverlyJoy ~ so sorry about the surgery being post poned. You're right about first instincts. I wouldn't be too awful hard on the primary physician.. my personal opinion is skin disorders are only one skip easier to diagnois and treat than mental disorders. Glad to hear no bugs !!

GaDragonfly ~ good job on the creme brulee !!!

Mingle ~ I feel your pain. Went out this evening after work with family, ended up going out to eat (not planned) ate stuff I shouldn't have but in the end did better than I normally would have. I so badly wanted a frozen margarita this evening.... but I resisted. Tomorrow night I have a party so who knows, I can only try my best.

sunflowergal~ I like the ticker!! Great job on the loss !!

Ok, todays' food ~

water
baked potato w/drizzle of olive oil

water
brown rice w/splash of vinagrette

water
salad
bowl of mixed fruit
small chicken thigh... fried (bad, bad, bad)
shrimp
baked beans
cup crm broccoli soup (big chunks of broccoli)

For an unplanned dinner out I did fairly well. I had NO pasta, NO bread, NO desert, ate the salad first and fruit to help fill up while guzzling my water...lol

sunflowergal40
07-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Awesome job for eating out jab! If I had gone with as little as you did through the day I would have gorged by dinner! This is what I'm discovering is my downfall. I eat little for breakfast and lunch and then screw up with dinner.

mj5
07-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Good Morning! I am about to drop the "sweet beagle sisters" off at the spa LOL!, but wanted to pop in here first.

mingle-sounds like you were able to get some good advice from the nutritionist! Good for you for getting right back on track. One night will not destroy all the hard work you have done!

jab--I cannot wait for fresh tomatoes!!!!

Elijahas phoenix--welcome!

Beverlyjoy--I am so glad you were able to get answers, but I am so sorry that you have to reschedule!!!!

GaDragonfly--It's never to late to join in! Welcome!

sunflowergal--Be careful!!! Good for you for focusing on what you can do. And I love your ticker!

Yesterday hubby and I had a great day together. Just ran some errands and went to lunch. I overate a bit, we stopped at a chinese buffet and I was SO hungry by the time we ate, but was too full for dinner so it kinda evened out, I guess....still not a great idea. LOTS of water needed today and back to healthy choices.

I am going to stop at the farmers market after I drop the dogs off for their bath, then home to clean and start going through stuff to get ready for my grandmother's garage sale.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

GaDragonfly
07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Last day of the week so I'll stay accountable. I managed to limit my sangria last night to only 1 and hubby and I split an order of fajitas and I only ate one tortilla - gave hubby the second one. Later in the evening I really wanted a little mini-Milky Way that I know is somewhere in this house but I couldn't find the bag. Husband had put some things away in the kitchen and that was one of them. I couldn't find that chocolate anywhere! So I had an apple and went to bed. This morning the scale showed a 2 lb weight loss :carrot: Today I've had one tuna salad sandwich and 1/2 apple. Good luck to everyone today. Julie

Beverlyjoy
07-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy food day - I am so, so grateful! I am going to try to get back on the saddle and ride the weightloss pony to my goal. (such a silly thing to say).

It has been stressful - but, I pushed through. Now it should calm down a bit.

today:

plan/log/measure/count calories
eat seated only/no seconds/fork down between bites
do my journal
remember why
slow mindful eating
TASTE the food
leave a bite of food on the plate
check for fullness

breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, cranberry juice

lunch - mushroom soup, cheese on rice cake

snack - yogurt, fruit

dinner - ?? - need to see what dh wants

snack - fruit, hard boiled egg whites, crackers

Have a great day. Thanks for thinking of me and supporting me and listening to my rants. You are all wonderful.

TXMary2
07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I think it has been a couple of days since I checked in.

Bevjoy- sorry you had to reschedule, but it sounds like you have some clarification now.

Jab- eating out is a lot more fun when making good choices! WTG!

Sunflowergal- keep on keeping on!

Gadragonfly- welcome!

mingle- you are going the right direction.

mj- it has been so long since I had chinese food, I am jealous!!

Yesterday my calories were 1349 - way below what I am allowed to eat. I exercised for 40 minutes yesterday - 20 swimming and 20 on the treadmill. This morning I finally broke the 5 day stall at 228.8 and this morning am down 1.6 to 227.2 - onederland here I come!!!!

Oh, and dh says he has noticed I lost weight! I wore some shorts yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in years (yet another pair that go on and are comfortable!) and he noticed I look smaller from behind. LOL I guess we know what he is looking at when he walks behind me. Anyways, it felt great to hear him say it. Then this morning when I let out a "woohoo" after weighing and I told him I lost another pound he said, "I guess 1 pound is a lot of weight if you think about it." Then he gave me a high five. LOL