Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W Laboring for our Bodies Week 3

jcatron243
07-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Week 3~

Its been a tough summer motivation wise for me. I've been doing ok with all of my WEED but I really need to start journaling again. So that is my goal for today.

On a fun note, Makenna is at summer camp right now and Tommy is staying with my Mom!! No kids until tomorrow!!

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E less than 1500. Absolutley no sugar!!
D write it down.

SilverLife
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Jeni, thanks for the new thread! Hope you had a nice Sunday.

My W.E.E.D. currently looks thus:

W: 138.3

E: 90 a day: something strenuous, something long, something soft and nourishing, which for me is Callanetics and walking, ballet stretches, some dance, gardening and movement treats for myself.

E: Being more creative about my food plan.

D: Enjoying being more mindful.

I wish you all a lovely morning! :)

mothermavis
07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
W100
E Make mine an hour, turbo jam and elliptical?
E POP
D Get your sh** together girl!

MamaP
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I haven't had much time to read a lot of the posts - but I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week. I am back on track with my food, now to get back on track with my exercise. I ordered Zumba workout DVD's and they finally came late last week - hopefully I will start them soon. My knee has really been bothering me since I got home from my trip so I've not done much extra. Last night I went for a 1/2 mile walk - better than nothing, I guess. This week I have a lot of work around the house that needs to be done to get ready for a garage sale this weekend.

Week 1 - N/A
Week 2 - 226.5 (July 14)
Week 3 - 222.8 (July 19)

mtiger
07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Things are just weird around her. i am feeling lazy and unmotivated...that does not mean I'm not working out though. I don't miss a day, I just feel uninspired, or like it is doing no good. I am trying to talk myself into the gym membership. However, right now even $20/month seems like a stretch to me. If anybody else in my household was working I'd feel better about spending the $$$.

My weight is just hovering around 179...waitng for TOM. I think that is going to be messed up too. After having 2 last month, I think that now it is going to late. Must be my crazy body going all menopausal on me. It is all wonky right now.

Well looking for some motivation today. I am tired of working in the yard, even though there is still tons to do. Maybe I should do something different...like paint the shed or stain the deck. Ohyeah, that would require buying supplies. Darn!!!

Sorry for all the negative attitude. I will work on shaking it today.

PopcornGal
07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I had to eat a little bit extra yesterday. I was actually having hunger pains.

Busy here today. Will try to catch up tomorrow if I have time.

Today'w WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3 miles (hope it doesn't rain)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get meals ready for the week

Have a good WEED day everyone.

love2b150
07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
YAY me I remembered this time :)

Hello Ladies, Hope everyone had a good day thus far :)
Since today is almost over just have to work on the first "E"

W ~ 96oz plus
E ~ get my full walk in this evening :)
E ~ been on point and dinner is already planned
D ~ just stay as positive and focused as I can be. My life is what I make it :)

jcatron243
07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Quick check in right now. NO kids again tonight. I miss them so much. No workout either, DH and I are going on a date. :) I journaled today and I will eat a good dinner. full of steamed veggies and protein.

Nixmom
07-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Hi girls! Drowning in outings, Dr appts (3 today), crazy work, crazy bills, and have let myself get totally distracted. No time for personals. But I am here. Hope to get to shift into low gear for a few days. Pretty sad when going back to work feels like the vacation!

Be good! I'll catch up soon!

mothermavis
07-20-2010, 06:40 AM
OK, so yesterday was a bust. All days sitting around waiting for a contractor, eventually he came but he completely screwed up my day, so no exercise and not the best food choices either. Today is now day 1 of my 100 days OP. I need to do this!

W 100
E Going running after work, crunches this am
E POP
D Day 1, let's go!!!

Mindy, you are entitled to have a bad day. We love you!!
Kris, I miss you, I need you here!!
Jeni, WTG getting your journaling in, both kids home tonight or just Tommy?

PopcornGal
07-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Yesterday's WEED was good except for the D. Hoping to get to that today.

Took the day off to do some volunteer work. So it will be different but I got my workout in already.

Jeni - how was date night?

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3.5 miles (done - whew!)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - Get the yard picked up before doggie birthday party tonight.

SilverLife
07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
W: is this water or weight? Both: min. 64 oz. usually over 90, 138 lbs.
E: Walking, Callanetics, and short movement treats for fun
E: Staying on plan
D: Paying more attention to eating mindfully and really enjoying each bite or sip.

Hope you all have a lovely day! :)

jcatron243
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Silver~W is water.

Kris~Missing you.

MM~I absolutely love your idea of 100 days of OP~I may steal it. :)

Popcorn~Date night went well actually. I did end up eating not so good dang it. But today will be good.

I pick up both kiddos today :) Makenna's check out time is 130 so I have plenty of time for a good workout. Its bad I spent about an hour looking at their baby pic last night.

W 80 oz
E 45 minutes cardio 15 weights.
E journal it. Keep it CLEAN!!
D love my kids!

KimL1214
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
emiloots~ How did your weekend go? What does DH do for work that takes him away every weekend? Yikes! Is Des feeling better now?

TIARA~ Great job avoiding the evil snacking your friends were taking part in!

SilverLife~ WELCOME!!!

mothermavis~ How is bootcamp? I have always wanted to join one of the gym bootcamps, but always manage to miss the deadlines... UGH, I hate when you have to work your day around other people!

love2b150~ Wow! You’re having a crazy time right now! Were you able to get the tire fixed and everything?

hope4me~ Great job tossing the cheese dip! I have a wicked hard time letting food go, so I admire you for being able to identify the pain it was causing you and getting rid of it!

PopcornGal~ Great job qualifying in the 1st run! We’ll be seeing you one TV in no time :D We did find the cat, funny story, I’ll explain below.

jcatron243~ How did your kid free day go? How was your date?

MamaP~ Busy lady! I hope your knee feels better!

mtiger~ Uh oh, sounds like you need someone to give you a swift kick in the booty! pre-TOM is often a depressing time for me, so you may just be feeling those nasty annoying hormones. You can do this, think of your goals, and what you plan on doing when you reach them!

Nixmom~ How are you doing?

So my weekend was pretty crazy. I went to see my friend in upstate NY. She’s having a really hard time as she has been accused of something pretty nasty that she did not do, and all the people she has around her right now are not supportive at all. I think I helped talk her into moving down to NYC with her Aunt, who is AMAZING, until this whole thing is over. I did not do well with food, but I also did not do horrible. Kind of a 50-50 split this weekend. One thing I am really disappointed about is that I drank A LOT of soda this weekend. The water at their place is no good, and we didn’t get to a grocery store until late Sunday night. I definitely felt the effects of drinking soda. Felt like I was going to puke after about a day of it.
The weather doesn’t look like it is going to cooperate this week, rain fore-casted every day, but it’s supposed to be hot as well, so I may just go for walks anyways.

7/20/10 WEED

W~ 100oz. H20
E~ 2 mile walk
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ 8 hours of sleep desperately needed!

mtiger
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Just like I figured. TOM should start today, but I just knew it wouldn't. I get the feeling it is just going to mess me now until I'm through menopause. Fun, fun!!! 179 today.

Momto6inOH
07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi ladies! I've been away since beginning of summer - not paying much attention to what I eat and as a result have put on 5 lbs. since about June 1. I'm about 170 now - will get my official weight next Monday and update my ticker. Hope you have all been having a great summer. I'm looking forward to getting back to my WEED! The "spare" house I've been trying to sell since February might be sold now - short sale - much more preferable to the foreclosure that was looming in distance. That should help reduce my stress levels. I see that we've grown in numbers. Look forward to getting to know everyone who has joined since begin of summer. Jeanette

MamaP
07-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome back, Jeanette!

jensmith72
07-20-2010, 02:11 PM
So I have hit the ground running today. I just started my diet yesterday. I feel good about this and Im ready. I am struggling a little bit being hungry today but I will get through it. Im still forming a plan of attack here so my WEED may seem a bit vague..for now

W: 64oz or more
E: will find an old dvd or VHS exercise tape and use it or just walk 30 min
E: will stay away from fried food and junk cal 1200-1350
D: to stay focused on the end goal..to be heathly for my grandchildren

love2b150
07-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Kim, yes we did. We just had to walk home to gt the jack to put on the spare. Thanks for asking.

Hi Jeanette welcome back. I'm MOM to 5 :)

Jen your weed is fine. :hug:

Today started out great you know me weigh in twice or more :dizzy:. First weigh in at 6:30 was 179.4 laid back down as usual got up at 8:30 was 179.0
I recorded the higher of course. Went to Goodwill and got 4 pairs of nice jeans and one top.

todays W.E.E.D.

W ~ already drank 116oz gotta slow down or I won't be able to walk
E ~ walk 4 miles, walked 3.5 yesterday :woohoo:
E ~ stay on point ... doing well so far
D ~ just keep the focus

Enjoy the rest of your day Everyone :)

TIARA
07-20-2010, 10:47 PM
i am so loving my day off.. im feeling so lazy but i did get in some cleaning and cooking.. now im off to go walking.. hope you all drop some pounds this week.. im weighing in 2mo..

w 64
e walking maybe 3 miles
e 1200 calz
d dust...

jcatron243
07-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Good Morning.

Welcome back Jeanette.

Welcome to the group Jen, your WEED looks great! Try not to go hungry. Make sure you fill your diet up with protein.

Rennie~I quit the scale habit. It was driving me nuts. Now I weigh in 2 times a week.

Tiara~I love my lazy days.

Mindy~:hug: I know how you feel. my cycle is very crazy these days.

Kim~ I hope your friend works out her problems.

Picked up the kiddos yesterday YAY! They had such a great time. I thought Makenna might miss out on some things since she was only there 2 days. but no, she did so much!! Tommy also had a great time with my mom and step dad.

W 64 oz
E maybe 35 minutes, see how I feel
E 1500 cals, journal it
D do my job no one elses.

mothermavis
07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Morning all!

Jeni, yay for having kids home, glad they had fun, but I always like it more when everyone is in the house! Steal away! I want to try and set a long term goal, so 100 days it is! Day 2 starting now!!

Jeanette, welcome back, we've missed you! :carrot:

Hope everyone is doing well today, my weed got thrown off yesterday, but I muddled thru and got it done. I had planned to run with a friend after work, but it was pouring!! So, I came home and ran on the dreadmill! Yay me for getting it done!!

W 100
E Elliptical tonight
E POP Dinner with the girls tonight, we have not done this in a bit. Last planned get-together was the week MIL got sick, so it's been awhile. Looking forward to it, but sticking with Day 2 plans
D Day 2! How will I feel after 98 more?

KimL1214
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
mothermavis~ Great job getting your run in!

jcatron243~ Good to hear that your kids had fun!

TIARA~ How was your walk?

love2b150~ Great job with your walking!

jensmith72~ Your WEED looks great!

Momto6inOH~ Welcome back!!!

mtiger~ Just gotta love TOM! How are you doing today?

I have had the worse heartburn over the couple days and I can't put my finger on what is causing it. I just realized I never explained what happened to the missing cat. He did finally come back, but we weren't able to get him into the vet until Monday due to his late absence and the vet closing. He has asthma. I know it's not funny, but I kinda think it is... a cat with asthma...
Antacids don't even touch my heartburn, so I'm hoping to be rid of it by this afternoon! *burp*

7/21/2010 WEED

W~ 110oz. H20
E~ Waitressing tonight
E~ Stay within WW Points
D~ Figure out what is giving me heartburn and remedy it!

PopcornGal
07-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Good morning all. No time for personals. Good to see everyone here.

Had a rough lunch yesterday - ate out at a Mexican restaurant. Even though I cut my food in half and brought it home for hubby, I ate a lot of chips.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - train the dog

SilverLife
07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Good Morning, everyone!

W: moving the magnet on the card on the fridge to note how much water I drink
E: walk, Callanetics, stretches and something just for fun, perhaps a few Yogatic stretches
E: enjoying my plan
D: accepting where I am and not putting pressure on myself to be where I'm not

I wish you all much joy and victory today! :)

love2b150
07-21-2010, 02:07 PM
TIARA, that was a productive lazy day, good going :) My lazy days mean a back load of laundry, (which I am doing today) with a house of 7, it is a must to wash everyday, even though I don't always do it. :D

Jeni, if I didn't have my scale I would probably lose it. I do get a little upset when the number doesn't change but I have learned from 3FC to be patient, stay strong and stay OP. And I am taking that advice and hugging my scale :)

Mothermavis, did you mean to say dreadmill? That is too funny :D You'll feel great after 98 more days. :carrot:

Kim, I hope the heartburn goes away soon :hug: And on the subject of the cat ... one of our dogs takes benadryl for her allergies. It was recommended by her veterinarian for her runny nose, red eyes and sometimes hives. They are humans with fur that can't talk :)

Hi Popcorn :)

SilverLife, I love that JOY and VICTORY to you also :hug:

Well yesterday's WEED went well. I didn't get to go out to walk due to the rain but I did do a Leslie Sansone DVD that we bought. I did the one and two mile and I must admit it gave me a definite workout. I liked it, need to buy more, emailed a few to hubby to buy off ebay :) Yes he was sitting right here, silly I know. hehehe

Todays W.E.E.D.

W ~ 64oz plus so far I've only drank about 40oz
E ~ Leslie Sansone DVD again ... Bible Study this evening
E ~ Stay on point no skipping meals
D ~ Get the laundry put away (today) :D

Hugs to ALL have a great OP day :grouphug:

jensmith72
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Ok day two! thank you everyone for the kind words about my WEED. I did pretty good on water yesterday (maybe not 64oz) but close. Will do better today. I didnt exercise in a traditional way but I worked up a sweat cleaning up the house last night! I could only find Billy Blanks dvds and Im not ready for him yet! haha. I will very well on calories, In a way I think Im almost scared of what to eat but Im working on that too. I am still focused and excited about my old cute size 8s in the attic from 2007 ( I really dont want to be smaller than I was beforebut who knows) I was comfortable and confident in my attic clothes!
here is todays W.E.E.D
W: TRY TO GET UP TP 64OZ
E: Will take a brisk walk or chase around my grandkids for 30 minutes
E: will keep in mind that I must eat to lose (I seem to over indulge or starve) looking for the happy medium
D: remain positive and focused. I love that I have love2b150 and EVERYONE here to share my journey with!

love2b150
07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Jennifer we are in this together for the long haul.:hug:

I just finished up 3 miles with Leslie Sansone, woohoo. What a great workout, I am energized. :carrot: Before the workout I had two slices of spinach Alfredo pizza from CiCi's = 170cal, 6g protein and 8% calcium per slice, but 380g of sodium whew horrid. Oh well got my treat and gotta drink the rest of my water plus some to get rid of the water the sodium is gonna bring. But it was so good. ;)

jcatron243
07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Bad day today. My boss, 1 month from retirement died in his sleep last night. He was a great and wonderful man. I worked out next to him yesterday at the gym. I am so horribly sad.

mothermavis
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Jeni, that sucks. :hug: I am so sorry.

love2b150
07-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Jeni, sorry for the loss of your friend :hug: Wishing you peace.

hope4me
07-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Jeni, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a shock. Big :hug:

TIARA
07-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Jeni.. im glad your kids are home. i dont have kids but im close with my boss's daughter who is 7 going on 30 lol .. She was gone majority of the summer visiting her grandparents and just got back today. Its great to see her shes like the little sister i always wanted.. Im sorry to hear about your boss. Four years ago my boss passed away. She was only 53. It seemed impossible for her to be here one min and gone the next i was in shock for a while i remember myself repeating "But i work with her 2mo.. "Keeping you and his family in my prayers..

Mothermavis.. Dreadmill.. girl you are so right about that... lol

Jeanette.. Welcome back you were missed..

Kim.. Ive never experienced it myself but my family gets it frequently. Have you tried milk it helps to relieve the burn. Also you may want to ask your doctor about it my aunty take meds for it because she gets it so bad and frequent..

Popcorn.. Mexican sounds yummy.. Are you taking your puppy to classes or are you training her on your own.. My dog is beyond training..lol the only one she will listen to is my dad.. thats because she wants to be daddys puppy..haha

rennie.. I wanted to beat my addiction with my scale but after weighing today im gonna start to weigh in every morning again. Just so i know when i need to tighten up on my calories and because of todays # i exercised for 2 hours.lol

silver.. i like your D: accepting where I am and not putting pressure on myself to be where I'm not.. this i must remind myself everyday..

JenS... How many grand kids do you have and what are there ages?... If must be fun to have little ones. The youngest in my family is 15..

wk 1 236
wk 2 239 pms
wk 3 235.8 i know i went down but after not weighing in for a whole week.. believe me this was hard to do lol.. ask my sister. i just felt like i loss more weight than that.. lol does that make sence.. its sounds winny..

w 64
e walking 2 hrze
e 1200 calories
d face my fear and visit my papa in the hospital.. didnt get to do it 2day but will try 2mo

SilverLife
07-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Jeni, I am very sorry about your boss. Am sending you lots of good thoughts.

Today's:

W: keeping track with the magnet on the card on the fridge
E: Callanetics, walking, stretches, and just-for-fun movements
E: keeping my plan and enjoying being in charge of it
D: accepting where I am, not putting pressure on myself to be where I'm not, and being grateful that I am moving more and more easily, eating more wisely, feeling better, looking better, and finding more sparkle each day.

Tiara, thanks for the kind thoughts. This new lifestyle takes some courage, even with its benefits.

I wish everyone a lovely morning and sparkling success today. :)

jcatron243
07-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the good wishes guys. He was at the plant for 44 years next month. His wife also worked with us. It was really hard to get through yesterday. But we all knew he would want us to move on.

On a happier note~Makenna's first swim meet is Saturday. She is doing 25 breaststroke and 50 freestyle. Her coach convinced her to do freestyle.

W 64 oz
E problably nothing today.
E just don't eat away my sorrows.
D love the people around me. hug them and let them know I care.

mothermavis
07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
love2b, yes, I call it the dreadmill. It serves it's purpose, but I hate it. I feel like a hamster on a wheel.

Jeni, good for Makenna! Hope she rocks it! I have an open house on Saturday, hope I sell it!!

Silver, love the thought of being in charge of it.

OK, got to go chase puppy, that should be my exercise goal!!

W 100
E Running today, no weights, have a meeting tonight so not enough time. Maybe some hand weights tonight late while I watch the game.
E OP Did great yesterday, did have a bit of dessert when I went out for dinner with my friends, but I had planned for that!
D Day 3

love2b150
07-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Good Morning All,

TIARA, it's not whinny at all. You know I get on my scale so much I can predict the number before it appears but only during my mid day weigh ins. In the morning I'm just thinking ... GO DOWN, BE DOWN :D

SilverLife :wave:

Jeni, :woohoo: for Makenna, that's great :)

Mothermavis ... that is funny also, I never even thought about it like that ... like a hamster on wheel, we just keep going and going and going :D
Best wishes on selling the house :)

WEED today

W ~ 64oz plus ... gotta get it started
E ~ walk in doors or out at least 3 miles ... don't know if we're gonna get an evening storm
E ~ POP ... gonna have my pizza again today ... just in case I didn't mention it here, I bought a spinach Alfredo pizza yesterday, gonna add extra spinach today though ;)
D ~ Stay positive, get these white clothes put away, and do a little closet cleaning

To Everyone I missed :wave:

and

Have a Positively On Point day :grouphug:

KimL1214
07-22-2010, 10:10 AM
PopcornGal~ Mexican restaurants are definitely one thing I miss, I know I would go out of control if I went to one though!

SilverLife~ Good Morning!

love2b150~ Hahaha, I text my friends when we're in the same room a lot, although email is prob better since he can refer back to it when he goes to buy the stuff... Pepcid AC finally started to work in the afternoon!

jensmith72~ I LOVE Billy Blank!!! Housework is definitely a great workout!

jcatron243~:hug::hug::hug: So sorry for your loss. Good luck to Makenna!!!

TIARA~ Thank you for the advice, but unfortunately I am allergic to milk... :(

mothermavis~ How old is your puppy?

7/22/10 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 30-40 Min. Walk
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Get more sleep! (really becoming a problem!)

Work was crazy last night as we got a HUGE storm that knocked out power in some of the local towns, so everyone came out to eat. We weren't staffed for a lot of people and I was in a section on my own that normally has between 2-3 people, so I really got hammered with people. Luckily everyone was happy to be out of the rain, so people weren't cranky if it took me a few minutes to get to them. My heartburn dissipated to just a minor annoyance by the time I got to the restaurant as well.
More storms coming today! YIKES! They were scary strong yesterday, flooding the roads, lightning striking the mountains, large hail, 60+MPH winds... A lil intimidating!

mtiger
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Jeni- So sorry to hear about your boss. On the bright side though...there couldn't be a better way to go. Just go to work, go to sleep and that's it. How peaceful that sounds. Just points out the importance of making sure our loved ones know how much we love them everyday!!!

JenS- Just jump right in to the Billy Blanks. Just do what you can and rest when you need to. We have had a little workout group at work and we are all at different fitness levels. We all do the same DVD, but at our own pace. What is that famous saying? "Just Do It".

177.6 today.

PopcornGal
07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Yesterday's WEED went okay. No time to get to my D of training the dog. I must do it tonight though. This time Rally obedience as we have a trial this weekend doing that. I want to brush him up on a few things that still seem sticky.

Jeni - I am really sorry about your boss. That is hard enough but especially when it is unexpected. Take care of yourself. BTW very exciting about the swim meet.

Silver - I love your D. I am struggling with being satisfied with my progress. I just want to get out of the 160s as that would be a huge confidence booster.

Love - which particular Leslie Sansone DVD are you doing? I have never tried her stuff. And how many times a day do you weigh? I am like you with the pleading with it so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

JenSmith - I find it hard to reach that happy eating medium too sometimes. Lately I have been very diligent about journaling but I am not happy with the results. I feel like I am eating enough calories with at least 1200 but my weight loss seems sluggish.

Tiara - I will join you on the whining train. I feel the same way about my progress. I am diligent about my calorie consumption and have upped my exercise level but the scale is moving soooooo slow. You are VERY brave to weigh in everyday - I would be afraid the scale would move up on given days for things beyond my control like water retention, hormones and then I would get discouraged. To answer your dog question: I take Harry to classes/lessons and then I work on homework between those. He is pretty well trained for the average dog but we do a lot of dogs sports and that is generally what I am working on.

Mavis - love the term dreadmill. Too funny but sadly true. I try to do as much of my walking outside as possible. I can walk my street and make it exactly a one mile loop. Even that gets monotonous walking it two or three times. My favorite thing is to walk a route that is so far by the time you are ready to throw in the towel you have no choice but to finish to get back home.

Kim - we've been having a lot of storms here too but I prefer them to the heat. Especially if they bring a little bit of cool air afterwards. I am glad your heartburn has dissipated. I struggle with that too but it is better when my diet is better.

As mentioned earlier I am getting frustrated with the scale. Like several of you here I tried the 5 lb. challenge and it is a great motivator BUT it goes against my mental well being to weigh in more than once a week. I still think I will stick with the 5 lb challenge though just to break this into smaller goals.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 4 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - train the dog

Have a good WEED everyone.

MamaP
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeni ~ sorry to hear about your boss. Life is too short! Good luck to Makenna!

Everyone keep up the good work.

jcatron243
07-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Morning guys. I mean afternoon! today was easier.

Tomorrow no work!!! YAY.

post more when I am more awake

love2b150
07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
LOL Kim, I don't send my husband to the store by himself. He will ask me what aisle and still bring the wrong brand/thing back. So I am always with him ;)

Mtiger, wish I had a group like that sounds like fun.:)

PopcornGal, I have "The Walk Diet". I just won the "You Can Do! Abs" on ebay. I really need to work on my stomach. The tape I have is pretty easy but gives you one heck of a workout, I'm surprised. I am literally just as sweaty from doing her 3 miles as I would be doing 3 miles at the track. So I know it works. I'll let you know about this new one when I receive it and try it. :) I weight 2 or 3 times in the morning and then sometimes after lunch (I've have got really good at guessing my mid-day weight). Then I weigh before I walk and again when I come back, before and after my shower. weird I know ;)

Have a good night everyone.

TIARA
07-23-2010, 02:54 AM
hello everyone... today was a busy day... not too proud about my calorie consumption but will do better 2mo..

w 64
e walking
e 1200 stick to it
d pay the billz

SilverLife
07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Good Morning, all!

Tiara, I'm not too proud of my calories yesterday either and will lower them today!

Rennie, I find you have to give men the box or package and tell them to get exactly that and nothing else.

Jeni, I hope you have a lovely day on your day off!

Popcorngal, I really am working on accepting that things are what they are, that I am where I am, and to try to make workable choices. I'm good at going "gung ho" for a bit, losing the weight, and then I want it to be over and done with and to be able to not have to deal with it anymore. I know now that that causes the fat to creep back on and in.... Am thinking through my plan and working on my whole mental approach.

Kris, Mindy, KimL1214, Mothermavis, :wave:, and to anyone I've missed.

W: 11 to 12 eight-ounce glasses of water (I mark them on a card with a magnet on a fridge.)
E: Lowering the calories a teensy bit after taking a break and upping them yesterday. Am thinking about the calorie and carb allotments and how what foods are apportioned.
E: Walk, Callanetics, rebounding, gardening, teensy bit of yoga, and perhaps lift a soup can or two. (Right now, I think I'd like to cuddle up under the blankets until tomorrow, really. ;) )
D: Write a list of things I like about myself today. Write it, enjoy it, and be glad that I am me. And give myself a "pep" talk.

I wish you all a day of beauty and being kind to yourself. :goodvibes

mothermavis
07-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Morning all!! Quick fly by as I am running late again.

Had a good run last night, not great but good.

Kim, my puppy is almost 14 weeks. He is a beast!

W 100
E Not sure but will be some!
E POP
D Eyes on the prize!!

love2b150
07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Hope you all had a great nights rest. :)

SilverLife, I just figure that after so many years of going with me. He would know but twice I had to go back to the store so I just said forget it. And the times that I would ask is when he was coming home from work, since he passed several stores it just made sense. My Mom said they mess up on purpose so you'll never ask again. ;) He says when I go with him he always spends more :p

Yesterday's WEED went well other than the laundry. It's done but part of the last two loads need to be put away, ughhh Unless I sit there and watch the children they take part of their clothes and leave the remainder, then say they didn't see anymore of their stuff, :?: A bunch of slicksters :) gotta love 'em

Today taking my daughters friend for a doctors appointment up the highway, it's gonna be fun since it's Friday and the traffic backs up around noon. Going won't be a problem hopefully but a 35-45 minute ride going can easily turn into a 2 hour ride coming home. So I'll take deep breaths and stay cool :cool:
Oh and I weighed in this morning at 177.4 :cb: ... 175 wasn't a mini goal for me but I am getting really excited to see it. :carrot:

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz plus supposed to be close to 100, today through Sunday
E ~ 3 miles with Leslie (got errands when I get back on my end)
E ~ P.O.P. gotta do it today since I be out most of the day, THINK & PLAN wisely
D ~ Stay calm in the traffic, keep the kids calm and stay OP

Have a Positively On Point Day Everyone, Happy Friday! :hug:

PopcornGal
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Yesterday's WEED went well. Except we are in the middle of a heat wave here (as are a lot of people) and I thought I was going to pass out during my 4.5 mile walk at 5:00 pm.

Mavis - good job on the run. What kind of puppy?

Love - a good night's rest can really start your day off great. I looked up the Leslie Sansone DVDs and they seem similar to a lot of what I have. I should pull out some of my old DVDs. My favorite right now is Denise Austin's Metabolism DVD it comes with a resistance band.

Silver - I try to push really hard at the beginning because otherwise I just keep bouncing up and down those same 5 lbs over and over and over.....

Tiara - good attitude on the calories. Every day is a fresh start really and breaking it into a day at a time helps. I find when I am dieting I obsess over my meals. What am I going to have for lunch? as an example. Or choosing a boxed dinner out of the freezer gets to be a really BIG decision. Oh my WHAT should I have tonight? The stupid part is I get into ruts by choice where I will eat the same things over and over because they sound so good. Anyway just keep your eye on eating for ONE week and that will help jump start you.

With another heat warning issued for today I decided to get smart about it and do a 3 mile walk this morning before work. I figured if I want to do something after work then I can do a DVD inside. I know it totally sucks for my knees but I love to do an old step aerobic workout and I haven't done it since last fall. Prior to that it had been years. It was almost like seeing an old friend when I did it - kind of a fun nostalgia trip.

I am sooooooooooooo sick of the 160's but am struggling to lose the weight. I am going to just keep pushing. :woops:

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3 miles (done) and maybe an exercise DVD
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - start working on picking up the bedrooms

love2b150
07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
PopcornGal, Yes it can. :) Oh I forgot to throw in that I sometimes weigh when I wake in the middle of the night to go potty. (a mess I know)

I saw a DVD on ebay for Leslie Sansone that has that resistance band and I thought about getting it. But I tend to get bands and pulleys and find them to be harder than I am willing to stick with. I did buy this thigh trainer today that works the arms also. I am hoping to tighten the skin on my thighs and my upper arms, so lets hope I use it. :p We had a heat warning yesterday but when we went out at 7:40ish the temp was 85 I was so happy. It's supposed to be a het advisory all weekend ... hoping for cool evenings. :)

mothermavis
07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Popcorn, he is a rottie. Our third. We have one other still with us, but he is almost 10. Our old girl passed on at Thanksgiving. Great running buddy when he gets a bit bigger. My other male used to like to go, but he is diabetic now, so doesn't go so much anymore, he is too heavy to carry if he has an issue and he has foot issues where he tears the pads alot and they don't heal well with diabetes.

TIARA
07-24-2010, 01:41 AM
hello everyone.. im having a good day.. i caught myself before i did anything id regret in the morning.. lol.. just wanted to check in im gonna be spending the weekend at my parents house so i wont be logging on.. but i will try. the upside of going to parents house is i have access to the DREADMILL..

SilverLife
07-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Looks like I'm the early bird today. Good Morning, all!

Today's WEED:

W: upping to minimum of 14 eight-ounce glasses per day
E: Callanetics, rebounding, walking, and assorted other movement treats
E: Revised plan, stick with it.
D: Keep the prayer and Bible study time as faithfully as the weight loss/fitness program. First things first!

Tiara, hope you have a lovely visit with your parents.

Mothermavis, your dog is such a cutie!

Love2b, hope you like your new exercise contraption. I've never gone in for such things, but some quite enjoy them.

Popcorn, take care in the heat. It was 100 here yesterday and nary a soul was out in the afternoon. I exercise at sunrise and try to be finished with my gardening chores before the shade is gone.

Sending you all good thoughts and best wishes for much beauty and joy in keeping your plan and for all of life today! :goodvibes

mothermavis
07-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Tiara, happy dreadmill miles!! Seriously though, have fun at your parents.

Silverlife, glad you joined us, you bring such a gift of serenity into the mix. I love it.

I have a busy day & weekend, open house til 2, then I am going for a run in the community where my open is (on the lake!!) Lots of baking tonight because it's my turn to host coffee hour at church tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon, I am taking my first golf lesson with my YS. OS is then going to join us for 9 holes. Can't wait :)

W 100 oz a day minimum!
E Running, need to do some weights as well
E POP
D Good choices and love myself enough to make them!

jcatron243
07-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Good Morning everyone. I'm sorry I'm not up for posting much these days.

WEED has been going well. I did have some margaritas last night. But I wont be drinking any more for a while.

Today we workout at 9 then we have Maks swim meet at 1230!! go Makenna!

PopcornGal
07-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Yesterday's WEED went okay. Didn't get my D in again. Too tired. :(

Today is my official weigh in day and I am STILL in the 160s. :mad:

But I am still pushing on. :running: I just needed the mental boost of getting under that mark. So hopefully it will happen within this next week.

Jeni - don't worry about the posting. We all have periods like that.
Go Makenna! :swim:

Mavis - you DO have a busy weekend. Have fun golfing.

Tiara - spending time with your parents will be nice. Enjoy the dreadmill. ;)

Silver - thanks for the always positive thoughts. I got up early to get my walk in today.

Love - seriously????? you need to stop weighing in so much. LOL How do you even remember what you weigh? I would be confused.

Today is a Rally obedience trial so I need to run. Try to catch up with you all later.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 4.5 miles plus some abs exercises
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get to picking up those rooms

mtiger
07-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Nothing much to report around here. I was 176.8 today. I had no workout yesterday and didn't keep track of food. Tonight I am going out for my principal's birthday. there will be drinking involved. I am going to try to keep it to a minimum. I'll let you know how that worked.

love2b150
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
TIARA, have fun

SilverLife, yes wow that was early, but maybe not depending on where you are. :) Absolutely love your "D". I'm great with my Bible Study, I will admit that I am bad on the morning prayer sometimes :( He is still a working on me. I only bought that thingee because I saw it on a tv sitcom and I really need something to help tighten my thighs and upper arms and it was only $5.99. I like inexpensive. :)

Mothermavis, sounds like you have a great day planned, enjoy.

Go Makenna :) :cheer2:

PopcornGal, I only use the one at 6:30-7:00. It's just habit now and it actually doesn't bother me unless the scale stayed the same way for dayyyyys that I didn't handle well. Maybe when I get to 160 something I'll slow down. It does keep me motivated :dizzy:

Today's WEED, hmmm

My stomach is once again tight and it is driving me crazy. I usher tomorrow morning so I need some relief. Whew this is a bad feeling. I drank some prune juice, just need it to do it's job :)

W ~ 64oz - hard with a tight tummy, gonna try
E ~ probably something in the house supposed to be 101 today
E ~ breakfast was OK just need to be able to take in the rest of my meals :)
D ~ after all that above, make this a positive day after I hit enter ;)

Have a Positively On Point Day Everyone :hug:

SilverLife
07-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Popcorn, thanks for the kind thoughts. The colors as civil twilight appeared were beautiful this morning. I've noticed that the earliest twilight colors can be more amazing than the actual sunrise. I ought to sit, drink my tea, and take it all in, but I usually am hauling buckets of water around and giving the plants a good drink.

Mothermavis, what a lovely thing to say. Thanks ever so much. I'm really enjoying this challenge. To me, it has so many components of learning to live this new lifestyle. Goodness, you have a full week-end!

Jeni, am sending you lots of good thoughts. Hope you are having a special week-end.

Tiara, am thinking of you enjoying visiting your folks and getting some nice time in on the treadmill.

Mindy, take good care of yourself. Socializing can be a challenge.

Love2b, I'm so glad that contraption didn't set you back much money. Do you like it? I keenly enjoy Callanetics and my dance exercises for toning, strength, and flexibility. I'm always concerned that contraptions, devices, weights, and such will make bulky muscles, or cause an injury. I still have troubles from not warming up properly and doing things without being prepared when I was young.

Have added jumping on my rebounder to my exercise regime and am thoroughly enjoying it. I wanted to move more and the heat is tremendous now. Air conditioning, a tiny trampoline and a nice tape to listen to, or study my exercise videos to see what I could improve. It's great.

Sending you all thoughts of beauty and victory in this new, healthier way of living! :goodvibes

love2b150
07-24-2010, 11:11 PM
SilverLife, I only tried it yesterday briefly. It wasn't as hard as I thought but it will definitely take some getting use to build up a good workout. I surely don't want to injure myself. The two weeks with my arm hurting and not knowing why was enough for me, it may have only been a week and just felt like forever. :) I am trying to get an ab-doer to work on my side rolls. I used a similar machine at Curves so I know it helps tone. I won't spend a lot of money on anything that I am not sure if I'll really put it to use :)

KimL1214
07-24-2010, 11:29 PM
SilverLife~ I have a really cute trampoline that I love to use while watchin TV! Do you do anything while jumpin?

love2b150~ Tight tummy, yikes! How are you feeling? LOL, I know how you feel, my ex used to get lost in the store.

mtiger~ How did the bday celebration go?

PopcornGal~ You'll kick the 160s soon!!! Awesome job gettin up early the other morn! I wish I had the initiative to get out of bed before the 80s and 90s hit. I love the 5lb. challenges, they give me that extra push!

jcatron243~ How did the swim meet go?

mothermavis~ How did the open house go?

TIARA~ How is your weekend at your parents?

So I think I figured out what is going on with why I have had such a hard time getting myself together. I ran out of my depression meds last week, and I haven't had a chance to get a refill yet. I noticed how out of it today I was, so I need to get a handle on that. Life has been entertaining other then that. Lots of working, but no exercising unfortunately. I think I sweat a gallon today though just working on the farm. Tired, getting ready for bed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!

Tomorrow's WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ Berry Farm and Waitressing
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Get back with it!

love2b150
07-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Kim, thanks for asking. I drank some prune juice with breakfast and before lunch I got some relief. I haven't been able to eat healthy and stay regular, but I guess you have to be regular in the first place :D. I have always had a problem but it has never been a problem to me until I started my journey. I read on another thread to take Metamucil and as long as it's a fiber stimulate it's ok to take everyday. So I purchased that today, but only gonna take it once a day for a week and see what happens.

My husband is funny like that. He just goes some where to sit while the kids and I finish then he comes up to pay :) Or I go by myself which is fine with me.

KimL1214
07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
love2b150~ There are some super yummy wraps that I eat almost daily that have really helped increase my fiber intake as they have 85% of your daily fiber, and you can put some amazing stuff inside. I'm a big fan of buffalo chicken with onions and peppers, or roast beef with a homemade salsa and a slice of Sorrentos Reduced fat cheese (only 1 WW point!)... They're made by Mission, and called Carb Balance.

love2b150
07-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks Kim :) I'll stop at the store on my way from church and see if they have them. Writing it down now or I will surely forget.

jcatron243
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM
:wave:

The meet was great. Makenna swam hard. She ended up being in 4 events. 50 freestyle, 25 breaststroke, and the suprise two relays! We will find out the results Monday. It was LONG! I was very unprepared for the length of this meet. seriously 4 hours long. I called my dad for emergency snacks. crackers and juice boxes. I am never this unprepared.

You know, since Wills layoff my focus has been my finances before my workouts and eating. Then with my boss's death I just was having such a tough time going into the weight room. But the last two days with my family have given me such strength and happiness I know I will be up to anything. I'm looking forward to finding my motivation for weight loss again.

SilverLife
07-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Good Morning, all!

Love2b, I'm glad you're taking such good care of yourself.

KimL, nice to read you are doing so much. I've been wondering how you were.

Jeni, am sending you lots of good thoughts.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses. Going well.
E: Gardening, rebounding, stretching and something else. Bit of a rest day.
E: Stay on plan. Make good notes.
D: Enjoying beauty and grace, being quieter today.

The sunrise was lovely this morning. Deliberately sat, sipped a bit of tea, and watched some of it slowly, instead of only scurrying around watering the plants and glancing up now and then.

I wish you all a beautiful morning and oodles of grace in taking care of yourself today! :goodvibes

jcatron243
07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks silver.

Today the family and I are heading to the lake. We went hiking on friday and it was so beautiful, but the kids couldnt swim because i didn't have life jackets. Today will be awsome. Swimming for fun (makenna hasn't had much 2of a chance for that lately) Picnic stuff and hiking is what we are doing today. :)

PopcornGal
07-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Yesterday's trial was a disaster so as a result I wasn't much in the mood for anything when I got home. So I went slightly over in calories and didn't do my abs. Thank goodness I did my walk early in the morning. Of course I did nothing on getting those rooms ready.

Okay typing on the fly because my friend is picking me up any minute for today's trial.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 5.5 miles & abs (both done!!!!)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - GET TO THAT ROOM! (hopefully)

KimL1214
07-25-2010, 12:57 PM
PopcornGal~ Good luck with today's trial! I hope things go better!

jcatron243~ Hope you have fun swimming! What did you plan for food for your picnic? I'm glad to hear that your family has helped boos your mood, sending you good thoughts and prayers :goodvibes

SilverLife~ Ohhhh sunrise, I really need to get my butt out of bed and start enjoying some of the joys of the early AM.

love2b150~ How are you feeling today?

Oh acid reflux how I hate you!!! I made the mistake of eating breakfast before taking my meds this morning and I am definitely paying for it. I'm trying to get my lunches ready for this week as well as get food ready for work tonight, before I have to leave to be there at 1.
Enjoy your Sunday!!!

SilverLife
07-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Hello, everyone!

Jeni, hope your day of picnic and hiking was lovely!
Popcorn, how did today's trial go?
KimL, hope you're taking good care of yourself. I sometimes set a timer or an alarm to make sure I do something before I do something else.

It's so hot that I've been drinking much more water than on my plan. It really helps.

This morning I didn't know if I would do all my usual exercise today, but bit by bit, I've got it all in, plus tried some new yoga stretches from Yogatic (http://www.yogatic.com/). It's nice to try something new.

Hope you all are staying cool and having a very nice Sunday afternoon! :)

SilverLife
07-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

I'm so glad this challenge is here. I find it very helpful.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 eight-ounce glasses of water minimum
E: some nice things to move and feel good
E: staying on plan is working, down another 1/2 pound!
D: good prayer and Bible study time, "Taking all thoughts captive...."

I wish you all much beauty in your plans and special happiness today! :goodvibes

love2b150
07-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Good Morning,

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 64oz plus
E ~ 4 miles
E ~ Stay on point.
D ~ Stay positive and get things done.

Thanks for asking Kim, not bad yesterday. Need to go today, (bathroom) :(. I got the carb balance wraps yesterday, They're good, I only ate half since it was 200 calories and I ate it with half of a beef ball park :).

SilverLife, Thanks, I am so trying to take good care of myself. I figure by the time I am almost near goal I will have this all figured out. :)

We finally got to do 4 miles yesterday. The clouds came through, no rain and it cooled down considerably. So we went out early. I'll tell you that last mile was a doozy, but it felt good to do it. :) I'm doing well despite the fact that I am up 1.4 from yesterday. It's all good as long as it doesn't continue to go up ;)

Have a pleasant day Everyone :hug:

mothermavis
07-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Morning all! Happy Monday.

I had a great weekend. Right now I am waiting for the glass guy, my windshield got cracked Friday on the way to work (rock from a car in the interstate) but he called and said he'd not be here til about 11 so I just got back from my run. Figured I'd get that in first.

Golf lesson with YS was great! We then golfed 9 holes on the small par 3 near there and had a great time with OS too (he met us there) Shoulders are a little sore today.

Today is going to be house cleaning day I think, I have the week off from my one job, so plan to spend some time at home and work only a couple days at the other job so that it feels like a week off. Also have to start getting everything ready for the boys to go back to college. Only 4 more weeks and they will be gone again. :(

W 100
E Run done, crunches in a bit, 10 push ups? I hate push ups!!
E POP Just made an awesome egg/mushroom/shrimp bake
D Breathe

jcatron243
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208187-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-week-4-a.html