Exercise! - Cardio Queens #1 - Let's Move!

View Full Version : Cardio Queens #1 - Let's Move!

CreativeDame
10-07-2002, 03:05 AM
Hi there! Just starting a new thread for the week or so.

Tanya - sorry to hear about your weekend. But you know, these are the kinds of things that we learn from. Many times if we know we're going out to eat or have a nice meal, we starve all day and end up overeating...I do it often! But it's better to still eat throughout the day then you'll still be able to have the control to eat sensibly later. :) It's allll good! And the best thing you can do is to hop back on the saddle again as soon as you can. Good for you!

I had a pretty good weekend. I went out for Chinese on Saturday myself and I think I managed to stay within my WW points...I normally take Saturdays "off" from journaling but still count in my head...it's sort of a break from being consistent all week so I don't get burned out. I also take Saturdays "off" from exercising. I also lost almost two pounds at my weigh-in this week so I feel good about that.

Today I went to my future mother in laws house for liver and onions...I LOVE liver and onions! She recently started WW too, so we had a great light meal. I thought about not eating all day myself, but I knew I'd end up overeating, so I still ate a regular lunch and kept control during dinner. I was proud of myself for that.

When I got home, I tried out a Leslie Sansone 3-mile walk video and that was pretty good. Not a big sweaty workout like the elliptical machine, but I know I worked some different muscles and I'll be sore in the morning! Plus, it's still a really decent workout right in my bedroom. 45 minutes of moving IS 45 minutes of calorie burning!

So how is everyone doing? Come say hello! I'm off to bed now!

CD

2cutekids
10-07-2002, 10:49 AM
Morning cd
Saturday I had eat all day like would usually but the supper started late:(
I find it nice that when I work out that I feel new muscle that I don't normally use.:strong: Its new to try new workout that way you don't get bore:yawn: and stop working out.I change my workout tapes monthing I never get bore:yawn: or muscle are always challenged in new was.:cool:
Tanya :cb:

CreativeDame
10-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Hello, Tanya!

I slept in because I went to bed so late. I didn't wake up until 10am, got to the gym at 11am, left at Noon, then had two hours for lunch and reading then work. I work from 2.30pm-11pm. Pretty soon I'll be on first shift again and it will be SO different!

I did manage 45 minutes on the elliptical today. I think that Sansone video helped last night. I'm glad I did it although it was midnight when I started. It's a good thing to do at home..but it took me a while to get to sleep!

I started some new medicine today too. I have PCOS and I'm on Glucophage (Metformin) now. So far, no crazy side effects!

Have a great day!

CD

2cutekids
10-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi cd great job on the weight lose:cool:
I find that if I workout to close to my bedtime that I can't sleep:( Thats why I usually workout in the morning of when my son naps.I can usually sleep then.
better get supper read.
Tanya:)

CreativeDame
10-07-2002, 09:25 PM
I'm at work having dinner right now. There is the cutest little kitty outside. He's been here for almost two weeks so I share my lunch with him. I really want to take him home and give him a warm bath and then take him to the vet the next morning! I just might...I'm just worried about how my other two kitties will act! But it's getting SOOO cold outside and the kitty ( I named him Sammie) is trying to get in the building!

Arrgh! The plight of the kitty lover!

CD

M611
10-08-2002, 08:47 AM
Glad to see that you're all doing well. Congrats on your 2 lbs...

It's still slow going for me- doesn't feel slow though... I'm walking on the treadmill 30-40 minutes and using the cross-trainer 15-30 minutes. I still can't walk too fast, so I put the treadmill at a 2.5-6 % incline. I do feel better from the exercise and I'm gettin more and more confident that I will stick w/ a program. My goal is to lose weight, for now I am working to not gain more weight and to get into better shape.

I'm going to the gym before work unless it's my day off. I figure if I go before work then I don't have to worry about stuff coming up after work that will prevent me from getting in a workout. And, let's face it- some days after work- all I'm motivated to do is sit around...

2cutekids
10-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone
Kitten are so cute but be careful they are alot of work we have a dog and alots of work with kids too.
Got my workout in this morning feel good for the day.
better go I hear my son is up
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Hello, Ladies! Good job on keeping in the mindframe of moving! I'm glad that you are getting some exercise in during your busy days!

I had a hard time waking up this morning. Last week I woke up and got to the gym before 10am, but this week so far I don't get there until 11am! Then I am rushing when I get home to cook and shower and get dressed for work. I'll try to go to bed extra early tomorrow.

Instead of going into the small more private workout room at the gym, I went into the big workout room today. Normally I'm a bit too self conscious for the "big" gym but I went and did a good 40 minutes. I admit though I wanted to quit halfway through. It's just nerve racking with all those people...but I kept on and actually cut it 5 minutes short and did 40 minutes instead of 45 minutes. It was tough, but I left there sweating and tired. I think I'll stick with the small private workout room for now!

Anyway, I had a diet Pepsi here at work today for the first time in a while. Although I'm exercising just like before, I'm getting groggy at work and I'm craving carbs! I'll have to work on controlling the carb cravings. I made a great asparagus, mushroom and shrimp stir fry with baked egg rolls. Mmmm. I already ate the egg rolls in my carb craving haste and lunch isn't for another two hours.

Ay ay ay...here's where it's starting to get hard....

CD

Songbird-LS
10-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Hey CD,
Thanks for the advise. I too have been up and down in weight most of my life. I even took Phenermine after I had my daughter
and got down to about 115 lbs... that was a VERY hard weight for me to keep. My body seems to like 120 even on my 4ft 11 frame.
Its not TOO thin just curvy. I did ok today until one of the other dental offices sent doughnuts as a thankyou gift for sending them patients. This will happen about every other week between now and Christmas!!! Its awful... cant walk through the break-
room with out grabbing a bite. I did work out this morning and I
did good until I ate those STUPID DOUGHNUTS!!!. Oh well... life goes on. Maybe I will do better tomarrow. I had a small goal set
for myself that I wanted my jeans looser before I go on a trip on the 8th of next month. Im worried at this rate it wont happen.

Thats a great idea bout exercising together, but for some reason
I think he wants to solo for a while..... Maybe he thinks I'll tell him hes doing it wrong... who knows. But I wouldnt do that.

Songbird

CreativeDame
10-08-2002, 07:22 PM
Songbird - thanks for joining us here.

That's so cool that you are willing to exercise with your DH. It's so weird to think about it but I miss running with my fiancee. I really want to get back to that. Now that my sig. other is 6000 miles away, it's easy to think that I wish we could go exercise together right now when before I'd moan and say I'm too out of shape or I'm too tired to go to the gym!

It's so neat when I see older couples walking together or who run marathons together. Perhaps some day that will be us!

Either way, it's cool that you want to be there for your DH. Keep at it gently and keep encouraging him and maybe he'll let up. Perhaps he is self conscious about things. But he needs you there with him! How cool. And romantic :)

How about everyone else? Do you exercise with your significant others? Just curious!

CD

2cutekids
10-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone got my workout in this morning but what a hard one. I don't know why did everything that I normaly do but I was so tired after.
Then my day went down hill from there. My daughters playschool class was dropped and no one told me. I left there so mad I was in tears.and I pulled her out.
I hope tomorrow will be better?
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Oh no, Tanya - how stressful! I don't have kids, but I can imagine how something like that changes everything! I'm glad you got your workout in today. I feel that way sometimes afterward, tired when I should feel energized. I have yet to figure that one out.

For example, I take Saturdays off of exercise and I take a walk or do a video on Sundays. So when I get back to the gym on Monday I feel energized and have a good workout. Then on Tuesday I'm a bit more sluggish because I worked so hard the day before, then it gets better and better until Friday I have a great workout, then it starts all over. I have to learn to stretch better before and after exercise so my muscles aren't so tight in the morning. My brother is a personal trainer...I think I'll ask him about being tired after working out.

CD

2cutekids
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Well I have great new. They put my daughters class back. I guess someone needed to tellthem that they weere doing something wrong and none of the other parents said to much.
Got my work out in. Feel better than yesterday after wards. Better go and get my kids dressed for the day.
Tanya

mooz49
10-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey I was just lurking and I see you girls are doing some great exercising. I walk and do linedancing myself but I really need to do something else also. I came across the following today on the net and though you might like to know just how many benefits you are getting.

50 Reasons to Exercise

by Monica Neave

1. Burn calories
2. Increase your metabolism
3. Lose weight
4. Lower your body fat
5. Lower your bmi
6. Prevent weight gain
7. Build muscle & get stronger
8. Increase endurance & stamina
9. Feel energized
10. Increase self-esteem and confidence
11. Feel & look healthy
12. Look younger
13. Burn your fat clothes
14. No more starving yourself
15. Enjoy all types of food without gaining weight
16. Improve circulation
17. Relieve stress
18. Reduce anxiety levels
19. Alleviate depression
20. Prevent injuries
21. Reduce low-back pain
22. Strengthen joints
23. Alleviate or prevent migraine headaches
24. Alleviate or reduce pms
25. Improve immune system
26. Sleep better
27. Improve balance & coordination
28. Improve posture
29. Increase or maintain flexibility
30. Lower resting heart rate (gives your heart a break)
31. Lower or control blood pressure
32. Reduce total cholesterol
33. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides
34. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease
36. Reduce the risk of cancer
37. Reduce the risk of stroke
38. Reduce the risk of colon cancer
39. Reduce the risk of breast cancer
40. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes)
41. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
42. Live a longer and better quality life
43. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
44. Quit smoking with less trouble
45. Live an independent lifestyle as you age
46. Increase your pain threshold
47. Feel the rush of endorphins
48. Participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem
49. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like
50. Get complimented on a regular basis

2cutekids
10-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Hi mooz49
Thanks for the 50 reasons to exersice. The days that I don't feel like working out I will read them and get motivated. Continue checking us out.
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-10-2002, 06:08 PM
It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Illinois! It's around 70 degress with a slight breeze! Makes me wish I was out walking instead of at work!

Mooz, that's a GREAT list! I especially like "burn fat clothes"! Heh heh! Thanks for joining us!

Tanya, that's good news! I'm glad they continued your daughter's class. I'll hopefully have kids in a few years and I'll know all about that stuff!

I skipped the gym today and did my Sansone 3-mile workout at home. I went and bought 2 pound dumbells and boy that makes a difference in the workout.

Tanya and Mooz, if you haven' tried the Leslie Sansone videos yet, I suggest them! They come in 1 mile, 2 miles and 3 miles and they include arm workouts for use with or without weights. It actually makes me sweat. I get annoyed at hearing her talk the whole time, but I guess it's better than no talk. I have only the 3 mile tape and it's a 45 minute PowerWalk workout. They are reasonably priced too, only $9.99 each. If you buy from the paper inside the tape, you get all three tapes with the weights for $30. I think she has a website too.

I may not be on tomorrow - I'm taking work off. My gym closes at 11pm so I decided to go there around 8m tomorrow night when it is slow and have a long leisurely exercise, then treat myself to the sauna! I'm too selfconscious to go in during the day with all the people, but hopefully as I continue to exercise, I'll get over it and do it all the time like I used to.

Then I'm gonna hop in the hot tub and then put on my PJs there and go home to the warmth of my bed...and them go to my weight watchers meeting on Saturday morning! I don't think I'll have a great loss this week because I've been craving so many carbs...maybe it's the exercise...and also I've been doing more resistance type things to help build muscle. I feel good though because I FEEL so much better than a month ago. I would wake up miserable every day.

Have a great weekend!

CD

2cutekids
10-11-2002, 10:48 AM
morning I found snow outside this morning.
I am glad to here that you are feeling better bout yourself. Got my workout in this morning but I am not sure what I am going to do this weekend . I am going to my inlaws.So it will be hard to workout.
Hope you have a great weekend. And because I am from Canada have a good Thanks giving Monday
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Hi there! Wow...snow..I can't wait until we get snow here! I love it...I just don't like driving in it!

I did my thang at the gym last night...the steam room was heavenly! I also met a woman there and chatted with her for a while and we shared our weight loss stories which was nice.

I had a good weigh in today, lost over two and a half pounds. I was really surprised. I started using dumbells a little with my walking tapes and thought I'd have gained a bit because of it, but apparently not! I'm really energized because of this loss and it's really, really inspring me. Apparently, I'm doing things the right way.

After the meeting, I went to a buffet with my future mother in law for lunch. My dad laughed at me when I told him I was going to lunch after WW...I said I'm having LUNCH not pigging out. It's funny when people think since you're on a "diet plan" they figure you're just never supposed to eat! We both ate very, very on program and I'm so proud of me! I took my own dressing that I like instead of being tempted by the stuff there and we both had a little treat. Mine was the sugar free jello "cake" there and hers was a small piece of the no-bake cheesecake. We ate tons of veggies and we were there for about an hour and a half, talking and sipping tea, letting our food digest in between salad/lunch/dessert trips to the buffet. I'm very proud of myself.

So much that I think I'll go back to the gym tomorrow and do the steam room again...that is great!

Have a great day!

CD

mooz49
10-13-2002, 03:29 AM
Hi again girls.
I am calling here again to get some motivation to get moving with different exercises. You girls certainly seem to get moving every day somehow and you are doing great. I am thinking of starting the Tae Bo tapes again as I found it to be a good workout. I've heard of the Leslie Sansone walking tapes but don't really know how they work.
Anyway here is some more inspirational stuff!

Ten Top Tips To Tip The Scales Your Way

By Moss Greene ©2002
CREATE YOUR OWN VIRTUAL REALITY.
Do you think of yourself as fit or fat? If your answer is fat, anything you try to do to change that will be a futile struggle. Learn to imagine yourself as slender, fit and energetic. When the “fit” vision dominates your thoughts, you will easily start to become what you imagine.

EAT NUTRITIOUS WHOLE FOODS.
Permanently changing the way you eat to a healthy diet of low fat protein, fresh fruits and vegetables and 100% whole grains is the best way to reach and maintain your optimum weight. Add natural whole food nutritional supplements and you’re on your way to slender, buoyant, vibrant good health.

ELIMINATE HIGH GLYCEMIC FOODS.
Processed grains, sugar and other carbohydrates that cause a high glycemic response are the biggest saboteurs of your weight management plans. The resulting insulin release causes you to store fat and crave sugars. Follow my Glycemic Response Guidelines for the best results.

DRINK PLENTY OF PURE LIQUIDS.
Clean water is the perfect drink. Eight glasses a day is a good basic guideline and helps you to feel full. If you want something sweet to drink, you can always add several drops of liquid stevia (a sweet tasting non-caloric herbal extract) to either herb tea or lemon water.

MOVE YOUR BODY. BUILD MUSCLE.
Exercise and a good lean muscle to fat ratio helps to keep your metabolism working optimally. It also benefits your bones, heart and your whole body. So move it as much as possible. Walk, garden, ride your bike, climb stairs or pump some iron. Exercise, or just be active in any way you can that makes you feel good.

INCREASE HIGH FIBER FOODS.
Besides being good for your intestines, your heart and for protecting you from certain kinds of cancers, fiber also makes you feel full and satisfied. If you need more than you’re getting in your diet, try adding a daily fiber drink of unsweetened psyllium and mixed nutritional fibers.

CUT OUT BAD FATS, ADD GOOD ONES.
High levels of saturated fats, processed vegetable oils and trans-fatty acids, are bad for your health. Plus, they add empty calories to your diet. Stick with small amounts of organic butter for cooking, virgin olive oil for salads and eat more fish and whole grains for the good quality omega-3 and omega-6 oils.

ENJOY DOING IT YOUR WAY.
Studies show that most of the people who are successful with weight management adjust whatever plan they are using to suit themselves. If your program says have 5 meals a day, but 4 suits you better, then do what works for you and what makes you happy.

HAVE A SIMPLE ORGANIZED PLAN.
When you find out what works for you, work your plan. Find recipes you like. Have healthy foods available at all times. When you go to a restaurant, take your favorite salad dressing and fruit along for dessert. Stay on top of your program.

FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON.
Guilt, self-pity and irritation have no useful value. When you stray from your plan, don’t waste any time feeling bad. Talk yourself into feeling positive about your action instead of negative. Then get right back on purpose. Remember, you deserve to be fit, trim and healthy.

All the best

Anne

2cutekids
10-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Morning to all. Anne I love reading your motiovational tips. ;) I sure can keep you going on this journy to weight lose.:)
Got my workout in this morning. :cool: I am so happy than after not working out on the weekend that I didnot put in any weight:spin:. I guess the weight liftong is helping me.
I hope everyone had a great weekend to:angel:.
Better go and have my shower and get ready for Thanksgiving supper.:T
Tanya:chef:

CreativeDame
10-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Hello Ladies! Things are slow but I'm glad you guys are sticking with the thread. :)

Mooz, thanks for the tips. I especially like the one regarding customizing a certain plan for yourself. I think that's important to help you stick to a plan forever. I really think you should try the Sansone tapes...she's got some upbeat music playing in the background and basically you march in place the whole time, adding knee lifts and kicks and side steps. As the tape goes on, she increases the speed and adds hand movements. At 1.5 miles of my 3 mile tape, she adds in hand weights. It's really cool for people like me who don't like aerobics and jumping up and down and stuff. I only do my tape a couple of times a week because I normally go to the gym. It's a good workout!

Tanya, I normally take off weekends myself...at least Saturdays. As long as you get the exercise in 3-4 times a week, that's cool. I don't want you to get burned out at all. I think you're doing quite well. :)

I went to the gym last night and did a great 35 minutes on the elliptical - I could have done ten more but I wanted to get in the steam room before the gym closes and it was great! This morning I was kind of tight and sore waking up so I struggles through the last half of my 40 minutes on the elliptical this morning.

When I was about to leave for work..."it" hit me...the bloating! EEEk it's TOM!!!! I am SO bloated and I hate it. I was feeling good about fitting into my pants better and now this LOL! Anyway, I'm drinking lots of water today but craving these salty WOW fat free potato chips (which are excellent by the way). Arrgh, it's gonna be a long night!

CD

2cutekids
10-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi cd Just think the more you workout the less you will have problems with TOM. Or thats what I found. I sure didn't get the cramps as bad now.
Get my workout in this morning. Debating on buying the new firm tapes. I have their older ones. Would like to try their new ones.
It was a cold morning this morning but no snow.
Also yesterday was a good day for me I am happy to say that I didn't over eat for Thanksgiving and the food was great.I even had a small piece of pumkin cheese cake. I though I should not to rough on myself and have some dessert.
talk to you soon Tanya

CreativeDame
10-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Hey there Tanya!

Good job yesterday. It feels so good when you keep control, doesn't it? So yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving? I normally don't have much trouble eating lately at holiday meals...it's the dessert trays! I totally agree about giving yourself a "treat" you know. It's only human to want treats, just not to go overboard.

I had some trouble at work today...the candy jar got to me and I ate about 6 points of chocolate. Arrgh. I am going over my points today :(

I will exercise extra hard. I did my exercise tape this morning but I may do it again tonite and then hit the gym in the morning as normal...or I might just do 1.5 miles instead of the whole 3 miles. I wish we had a 24 hour gym! LOL! I just love the showers there and the steam room!

Oh well! Take care!

CD

2cutekids
10-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Hi cd the weather here is not too bad this morning so I hope that I can get my daughter to playschool with out too much of a fight(ha ha). She doesn't like to go she hate being away from me.
WellI got my workout in this morning and have a feeling I am going to have another one to get her to playschool on time.
better go and get everyone read to go this morning
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey Tanya!

I've been getting lazy lately. I definitely exercise every day, but I've been lazy about preparing my food. Today after the gym, I was starrrrrrrving...I stopped at the grocery for a roasted chicken. I had corn and carrots with it for lunch and dinner. Not bad at all, it's just that I used to be better about cooking everything more or less from scratch. But oh well.

I have to relax sometimes!

I think I might do my Sansone tape tonight although I did go to the gym this morning. I just feel like kicking around a bit. I think that might make me have a hard time sleeping though!

CD

2cutekids
10-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi cd
Sometime you need to take it easy on cook.I sure do that often because my kids love the roasted chichen aswell. You could have done must worse things that. So long as you are still working out I don't think that it is a big deal.
Like you told me don't over do the work out and burn yourself out. Need to keep you around to chat with.
well got my workout in this morning. Feeling good about myself until I thried on old pair of jean for before the kids. Should not do that one again for awhile. But life gies on. A few more months I should be wearing them.
Talk to you later
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Tanya - I SO know what you mean! I have only lost 10 pounds, but I know that I won't be fitting into anything in a lower size until I've lost another 10-15 pounds! I gained 15 pounds from May to August of this year, pretty quickly. I have a pair of jeans and two dresses that I haven't worn in 4 years! I won't be wearing those for a WHILE.

But, I have my old favorite pair of Adidas pants that I always used to workout in. That's sad when you outgrow your exercise pants! LOL. I love them, and they got tight arould 200 pounds, so I still have 20 pounds to go until I can wear those comfortably!

I think if I even TRIED to put them on I'd get to discouraged!

I took off exercising today...I guess I got lazy! But since I work out normally everyday except for Saturday, I need a day off every once in a while.

Hope things are going well! I'm glad you're still here!

CD

2cutekids
10-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Hi cd
We need a lazy day every now and then.
Well I got my work out in this morning and we are got in to the city later on this morning.I think tha ti am going to take Sunday off this week.
I am so happy to be using the email to keep in contact with people that in the past 2 weeks that I have been doing this I have lost 7 pound I am so happy. Can't wait for the rest to come off. Then I can were all my old clothes. I can fit some now(YAAAA)
Talk to you later
Tanya

2cutekids
10-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Good morning CD got snow this morning:( But the worst part is that it rained last night:cry: So the road are going to be so slipper to drive on.
I haven't heard from you hope you haven't left me?:cry:
Well I got my workout in this morning:strong: We aslo got some new workout tapes this weekend:cb: I hope tha I will like them as much as I lke my others:goodvibes I wish that there was a way that you can try out the vidoes first before you buy them:spin: I think that would make peoples lifes easier;)
Well I better go. Talk to you soon I hope;)
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-21-2002, 06:21 PM
I had my lazy day today! I skipped the morning workout. I feel guilty when I don't. Especially considering the weekend wasn't all that great. My weight stayed exactly the same which is good AND bad, but I was a bit depressed about it and figured, oh well, and ate all weekend.

Back on track (as I munch on carrot sticks) this week.

Congrats on your loss! That's really cool. I hope you can keep it up, you sure can.

Later,

CD

2cutekids
10-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi cd
I know how you feel with the weight loss situtation I have been there before. It took a long time to get away nfrom the platue.
I had a bad weekend for eating and back on track. My eating is my problem not my workouts. Iguess that is a good thing I look at it as I my be over weight but I am health. Keep with the positive out look and you will feel better soon. You can do it I know you can. You have got a great start.
Well I got my workout in this morning, the new tapes are mot that bad.
Talk to you later
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-24-2002, 09:56 PM
Hey there. Today was one of those days. I was busy running around before work and didn't get to the gym, so I will do my videotape tonite and head to the gym in the morning. Arrgh. It wasn't a good day. I had two birthday parties and a dinner out last night. I went to see Miss Saigon and went to a steakhouse for dinner. I was okay last night for dinner and counted everything I ate, but I didn't exercise. I don't think it will be a very good week - I just hope to maintain my weight for this weigh in and start anew next week. I need a new book to journal in also for my points.

Arrgh. It's been a couple weeks since i've lost but I've only gained .4 pounds since I started...that's not even half a pound so we'll see how it goes.

I'm glad you've been getting your exercise in!

CD

2cutekids
10-25-2002, 11:08 AM
Hi cd Iam flad to see you back. If you keep trying you will find that everything will work out just fine. You are still working very hard and you will see resalts soon. I know you will.
Happy to say I got my workout in this morning and feeling great . I didn't know if you tried this idea that I read that everytime that you workout that you put a dollar in a jar and at the end of the month you do something special for yourself. I know that it seem like the workout out come easy to me but I have been doing them for a long time and I know how good I feel after doing them. Keep trying and you will get there soon.
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-25-2002, 07:15 PM
Tanya,

That's a really cool idea! The thing is, I don't know what a "treat" would be for me. I'm young and single and get myself what I want...but it's still a good idea...hmm...what can I do with that money...heh heh..maybe I'll just say it's for a new pair of running shoes. I told myself when I get down to one-der-land I will buy myself new exercise shoes. Mine are old and wearing, but I tell myself I haven't exercised enough in them even though they are three years old. So I'm looking to totally wear them out.

Great idea. I exercised today. I actually weighed myself just to see...I haven't weighed on my own in a month! But I wanted to know if I would be disappointed at weigh in tomorrow. It was two pounds over my last weigh in! So, I'll see.

I'm glad that you are doing well.

CD

2cutekids
10-26-2002, 10:35 AM
cd
Great idea about using the money fornew shoes I should do that as well.I am in need of new shoe as well.
We got a skiff of snow last night. All the other snow has melted so it looks nice out side.
Great new that you lost 2 more pounds. Keep up the great work. I know you can do it.
Gto a short wokout in this morning I am hoping to gret another short one in this afternoon. But my sister inlaw is coming today. She is gotting to take my brother in-law back to Calgary(yah).
Check out out later
Tanya

CreativeDame
10-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Hi Tanya. LOL in my last post, actually, I meant that my weight was two pounds higher than my last weigh in! I exercised twice on Friday and ate lightly and I had a very good weigh in, 3.6 pounds lost! That really, really surprised me since I only journaled once this past week. That gave me lots of hope that even though I did not write down what I was eating, I must have been moderate in what I did eat. Good for me!

I'm glad you're still around, Tanya! I think no matter what, a short workout or long, any workout is good, even if it's ten minutes. I sometimes think of quantity in terms of minutes...I used to do 50 or so minutes on the elliptical my first week or two...now I'm keeping it around 35...I'd rather do that and look forward to a good workout than dread going in for 50 minutes each day. And if I feel like it, I can do my workout video at night when I get home from work.

I had a sandwich for lunch today and saved points for a big dinner...and yes, it was big! I ate two grilled pork chops, lots of veggies. a sweet potato and some bread. I finished 45 minutes ago and I'm still so full! But I didn't stuff myself and I didn't go over my points eating it. I like to have a hearty dinner sometimes on Sundays for a nice meal :)

Anyway, I'm blabbing. I'm going to write a letter to my fiancee overseas and get my exercise in and call it a night. ARrgh...another week is about to begin...

it's funny though because I spend all week looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday!

CD

2cutekids
10-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi cd love that work that you have been doing and great job on the 3.5 pounds weight loss.Keep up the great work.
well got my workout in this morning and feel great the only problem is the kids are up too early this morning with the time change. So I can't stay too long.
Have a big morning this morning I am taking the kids to a halloween party. The foo d I am going to have to be very careful not to over eat.
Better get my kids dressed to go.
Love to keep in contact with you please don't go anywher on me .
Tanya
p.s. keep up the great work

2cutekids
11-01-2002, 03:38 PM
CD were are you? I sure miss hearing from you. Please come back.
Well I got my workout in the last couple of days and I am glad thatI did because of Halloween a big weak ness of mine.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-01-2002, 06:19 PM
Yikes! It has been a while hasn't it?
Sorry about that!
I went to the gym every day this week...then again, I've been eating like crazy! For some reason, I've been craving protein, like BEEF which isn't totally normal for me.

I hope all the exercise will even out all the food I've been eating. Darn Halloween potluck!

Arrgh....I haven't had a totall bad weigh in yet...I've only gained .4 once and have never gained otherwise. Hope this won't be the week that it happens!

I'm glad you got your workouts in too, Tanya. I mean, last week I ate crazy too but I did exercise and it turned out okay. All this darn Halloween candy around too!

If I do gain, it will at least make me learn from my ways! Next week, I'm going to try to cook most days again. I did not cook ONCE this week...I've been eating Subway or Wendy's chili and baked potatoes, stuff like that!

Have a great weekend!

CD

2cutekids
11-03-2002, 11:11 PM
Hi CD
It have been a crazy weekend for me. Went out Friday night and had a couple of drinks and Saturday My sister in-law came we all went to a buffet for supper(ugh). and Sunday we had friends ofver for supper(ugh) Talk about yuor bad eating everything tasted so good. Although I did get my work outs in. Even on Saturday I surpised my husband he though I would sleep in.
Better go it is late and I need to get some sleep.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey Tanya! Yay for you for getting in the workouts! And you know, I'm sure you didn't do as badly as you thought at the buffet. I love buffets, but it is easy to go in the wrong direction! My future mother in law go every week...we're both on WW so it's not too bad. The thing is, if you really want something, have it. Normally your brain sees it and just wants a taste, so if there is something 'bad' that I want, I just take a small bite of it. But I pile on the veggies and drink a lot of tea or water.

I had a gain at weigh in this week. I gained .6...not very bad. I notice that my pattern is that I have good losses every other week. So, next week will be my good week!

You know, I didn't bring lunch on Friday so I went to McDonalds..I had a McSalad shaker with their great fat free vinaigrette dressing and they now have small size fruit n' yogurt parfaits. The big parfaits are kind of big but these are the small, perfect size and they are $1. Without the granola, they are a great lowfat treat. Granola is good for you, but it adds more fat, so whichever you prefer.

I had a couple drinks with a friend this weekend as well. What do you have to drink when you go out? I'm trying to think of things without so many calories like that crazy tropical mixed fruity thing I had. But normally I have something like diet coke and amaretto. Mmm. :) I should not be drinking while on these PCOS meds though.

Oh well, went to the gym last night and took a long, hot shower and sat in my beloved steam room. Love that! Tomorrow and Wednesday I work first shift and I may not have a chance to post but I will hopefully be going to the gym both nights and sitting in the steam room again. I love that. I only do that at night though when it's not busy.

Have a good couple of days if I don't get a chance to get on! I hope you keep up the exercise. 10 minutes is better than nothing!

CD

2cutekids
11-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Hi CD Great to hear from you.
Well I got my work outin this morning and feel not to bad. I know those buffets are bad for me. I guess its that all that youcan eat that makes it bad for me. My parents always say eat everything off your plate and I always have everything on the buffet and I feel that I need to eat it all.
Sorry to hear that you are on shift work again. Sounds like you have your workout outs in order. That is great you still keep them up.
McD's you need to be carefull with their salads I was eating their manderine salad and I read that it has 19gr. of fat in it. I stop eating that and now eating their grilled chichen with wwbun.
Better go. check you later.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Hi, Tanya! I hope you're still around. I'm sorry for not posting more often. I've been so sick and out of it! I think I'm going to call in to work tomorrow. I haven't had my own voice since Thursday. I exercised anyway on Thursday and Friday and I don't think it was a great idea because I stayed sick all weekend. I'm taking it easy now and will do some light walking tomorrow if I feel up to it.

My weigh in was better, I lost .8, what I gained last week plus some. Sometimes when people get sick, they don't eat. I just get really picky but I still eat! The wrong things!

Are the McD's different in Canada? We don't have a mandarin salad...just the chicken caesar, garden and chef. Maybe it's something new that is coming out? Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I wonder why the salad is so high in fat? Could it be the dressing? I always choose herb vinaigrette because it's just one point for WW. I know Wendy's has these new salads but I'm afraid to try them for the same reason why you've quit getting the salad at McD's!

Let me know how you're doing!

Naomi

2cutekids
11-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Hi Cd
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope that you get over that soon. I hate beening sick too.
Well still been able to get my workouts in daily. Feeling great about that I just need to watch my eating better still.
I never thought that there would be that much of a difference with McD's food. I think the high fat comes from the trail mix that you put on. and I love that trail mix that they give you it has cashews in it.
Better go everyone is up now.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Hi, Tanya.

I think it's better to be good at your exercising and not so good at your eating. It's much better than just saying to forget it all you know? It's so easy to give up and I think you're doing very well. No matter what, you're burning calories so the eating isn't nearly as bad as you think...not as bad as if you were not exercising at all.

My eating has been absolutely terrible. Since I'm sick, I'm giving myself "permission" to eat like a crazy woman. Not much sounds good to me and the thought of many foods make me sick. I'm starting to feel better so tomorrow and the rest of the week, no excuses! I'm back to my program.

Talk to you later!

CD

2cutekids
11-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Hi CD
I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I have been luck so far I have not got a cold or the flu this year. My kids have had a cold for 3 weeks now I can't wait till it is over.I took them to the Dr. yesterday and he said thatit was only a cold and it could take 6 weeks to get over.I don't like that idea. We all got the flu shot this year so I hope that we won't get very sick this year only colds.
I have been getting my workouts in but the mornings these days I am so tired that it is hard to get out of bed. But I need to get it done in the morning before my kids get up.
I may be going out for drinks on Thursday night I theink I will have what you drink. I usually drink parilizers or pinacolata(sorry on the spellings). Thay are very hight in cals. and fat.Yours sounds good I like amorido with Hot Chocolate when we go camping.
Better go I am going to get Kalie from playschool.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey there Tanya. I think Kalie is such a cute name! My friend Sara has a girl named Kaylie.
I finally went back to the gym. I did really well...a total of 70 minutes. 20 mins on the bike, 35mins on the elliptical and then I did 15 mins on the treadmill walking and jogging. I am pretty proud. I didn't eat very well at all this week and today I've been back on track. Especially after all the exercise I did this morning, I don't want to ruin it. There's still hope for me at the scale on Saturday!

I'm still not feeling quite well. It would really suck to have kids who are sick and you can't do anything for them. I wish I could have taken the whole week off of work! Ha ha! But I have Thurs/Fri off next week for a concert that I'm going to.

I plan to keep up with the 70 min cardio stuff at least Monday-Friday and give myself the weekends off. Next week, I start working at 7am instead of 2.30pm...now I can take my time and work out in the evenings. I do better after I've been awake during the day anyway.

As you said, it's hard enough to wake up anyway! Now I have no choice but to wake up in the morning. I'm so used to hitting snooze. Arrgh. I have to learn to go to bed!

Have a great day!

CD

2cutekids
11-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Hi CD
Great to here that you made it back to the gym. 70 minutes that is a long time to workout. Didn't burn yourself out on me. I usually do 1 hour and that is enough for me. on the weekend I will do a 1/2 hour workout.
You are jogging great for you. How fast are you going?
I know that you can keep up the good work and have it pay off on Saturday.
I don't think that I am going out tonight. They are going to have a party next week and more on my friends will be able to make it to that one.
My daughters name is spelled Kalie but we say it callie. The name is a name of a goddess of chaos and distructon( of evil) and she live up the that name.
Well I better get going and start my day off.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Hey there Tanya!

That's cute about Kalie :) LOL goddes of chaos and destruction! Ha ha! :)
I went to the gym again, this time I did 65 minutes. It is so much easier when I break it up: 15mins bicycle, 35 mins elliptical, 15 mins treadmill. That makes it sound easy and it is easier than trying to do 45-60 minutes on just one piece of equipment!

I did not jog at all on the treadmill today, but when I do, I don't go very fast. Normally I don't have it higher than 4.5. I have short legs and small strides too, so I don't think it's too bad. The important thing is that it works up a sweat!

At least since you did not go out today you saved some calories. I'm doing really badly at eating! I had two slices of pizza today for dinner and I'm having fruit in a minute. I love mandarin oranges. I hope the exercise is making up for my disgusting eating habits! It's funny because I ate the pizza an hour ago and now thinking about it makes me feel sick. I'm still not over my sickness but in a couple days I should be all better!

Last night I ate nachos from Taco Bell and then I did my 3-mile walk video because I felt guilty. That was a lot of exercise total for yesterday! Gosh. Depending on how I feel tonite, I may do half the video workout. I was so sore waking up this morning! The health benefits will be all worth it.

There is a place called Smoothie King nearby that my brother took me and they have all kinds of healthy smoothies, most under 2g of fat for 20 oz. I had one for lunch but I should have realized that would not hold me alone, so I had the pizza at work! Arrgh!

Have a great day!

CD

2cutekids
11-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Hi CD
I would have to agree about mixing up the workout on diffent machines. That is why I change my tapes daily.
Sorry to here that you are having problems with you food I know what that is like. Tomorrow my grandparents are coming over for supper and we are going to have pizza. That is a big weekness for me to. But then we don't eat it very often.
We will find that you working out will help you in your weight in. My problem is that I have been workoing out for so long that it is not enough for me any more I must watch my eating.
Better get going with my day. So nice to hear from you so many days. I sure like to read your e-mails in that morning. It makes my day.
Tanya

2cutekids
11-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Hi CD were are you. Sure do miss hearing from you. Well things have been OK here. I have been keeping up with my workouts.I am sure that you have been to.I have that you are feeling OK still.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi Tanya! I'm here! I wrote a big long reply to you this weekend but silly me...I didn't read the warning post saying that everything would be deleted! But I'm here and doing well. My eating habits are terrible...but my exercising is great. I did 60 minutes of cardio for five days this week, then 30 minutes one day when I was running late.

If only I could get both together! I'd be doing much better! But I'm still losing in small amounts and that better than nothing.

I'm glad you're still well! Now I just have to make it through US Thanksgiving!

CD

2cutekids
11-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi CD I am so glad to see you back.I know the feeling on eating bad. I had a rough weekend we had something plained everyday. Everyweekend till the 21st of DEc. we are buisy. I am hoping that I don't gain any weight. I will be happy if I loss some over the next month.
Sorry to hear your luck about the week end. I checked it out and thought that5 I wouldn't post at all.
Have to run I need to get supper ready.And I did get my workouts in I took yesterday off.
Tanya

CreativeDame
11-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey there! All I can say is make good decisions and know when to say when! As we speak, I'm chowing down on Oreo Pie at work! Darn potlucks! It sure is good...and I still have to go to my dad's house for Thanksgiving dinner! Arrgh! Oh well. I've gone to the gym all this week. Every day!

Have a great weekend! I'll give you the update this weekend! :)

CD

2cutekids
11-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Hi Cd I hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving.I know what you mean with pot luck they are the hardest.
Still working out regulary.I am glad you are too Better go
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Hi there! I did have an okay turkey day. I went to Chicago on Friday so I didn't go to my weigh in on Saturday....so I'm not sure HOW I'm doing until this Saturday. I'm nervous. Still haven't been following WW but I've still been exercising at least 60 mins a day/6 days a week. That should count for something!

On Monday, I HAVE to start following WW again. My significant other should be back from the Middle East a week from Sunday and if I'm not on trackwhen he gets back, it will be easier for me to fall off the wagon!

Hope you're doing well, Tanya!

CD

2cutekids
12-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Thinks are going well here. I have been doing more cardio lately and I am down 4 pounds this week I am so happy.
It is my hubby Xmas party tonight and I can't wait to go. We have a buisy weekend.Party tonight, Birthday party tomowor, pancake breakfast sunday and supper with friends.
I sure hope tha I don't put the pounds back on.
tanya

CreativeDame
12-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Hi, Tanya!

Yay for you! The cardio really helps! Many people at my weight watchers meeting are saying they are just trying to maintain this month...don't worry, as long as you keep up with the cardio, you'll definitely maintain and/or lose this week!

I love those holiday cookies! Arrgh! I will try to lose though..by Jan 4, I'd like to be at 210...that means six pounds to lose and I'll be at my 10% lost mark.

So how did everything go this weekend? I did some shopping and holiday decorating. My fiancee is back from Uzbekistan on Sunday! The three months went by SO quickly!

CD

2cutekids
12-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Everything went well on the weekend but I way over ate. I was up 3 pounds on MOnday But it is coming back off.
Everything that I have plained for the month is all most over. Kalie's palyschool party left till Christmas. I can't wait till it is over that not much time till christmas
I have got all of my shopping done and on;y 2 present to wrap I and so happy about that one.
I better gett going big day again. I have been keeping up with my workouts.
Iam happy to see that you are down in your weight good for you and I know tha you will be at your 10% goal in no time.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Hi, Tanya! Yeah, don't worry - December is a really hard month in general! At least this New Year both of us can feel good about ourselves. We don't have to make a resolution about losing weight and getting in shape because we already have started!

Today is my birthday. I was pretty miserable last year so I feel good this year. I'm 24 haha! A gal at work is making me my fav cake - yellow cake with chocolate frosting! Mmm!I'm going to eat it up and feel good about it!

But I just need to lose 2.4 pounds this week to get to 20 pounds lost. My fiancee gets home on Sunday. I hope he notices. My legs are getting much more toned and I wore a short skirt and black tights today! Yay! I feel really good.

You should too! Enjoying food is a part of life, so we shouldn't deny ourselves of it...just keep up with our exercise and burn more calories if we overdo it!

:) CD

2cutekids
12-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi Cd HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you have a great one. My Birthday is Dec. 30 not to far from yours.
I agree about the food I love to eat and this this the time of the year that the food is the best.
I am sure your fiancee will notice that you have lose weight. Have you piced out a date yet?
Got to get going the kids are going crazy on me.
One last thing I have been keeping up with my workouts and I sure feel good doing them. I can't wait till summer.If I keep going like this I will look great for the summer and I need to look at the rest of my life. Life changes. Jan will be one year that I started to workout every morning. I can't beleive that it has bennone hole year already. One year down the rest of my life left.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-17-2002, 12:20 PM
Tanya, how are you?

That is GREAT about the workouts! It's cool because it becomes a habit after a while and although there are days when you won't feel like it or will decide to skip it, it just doesn't "feel" right. I try not to kill myself, I give myself two days off a week. I took off Sunday and Monday so I have to go for the rest of the week. I'm really glad that you are getting your exercise in. If you do that, your metabolism will rev up and when you eat "bad stuff" the results won't be negative.

My fiancee came back and it's really nice. It's so weird having someone else at home now after being alone for 3 months (we bought a house a little over 2 years ago). His bags are everywhere and it will take him a while to unpack...and we're having guests on Saturday, like a welcome back kind of party...ugh man, that means lots of food and snacks!

Good news: they are discharging him from the military now! Yay! We weren't sure if they would let him go when his time was up! He will go back to finish up his master's degree in January and he should graduate in August. We plan to get married in November, we're thinking the 15th.

Ah, so much to do! Talk to you soon!

2cutekids
12-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Hi cd You have such wonferful news. I am gald that everything is workout out for you and you fiancee. It feels so good when that happens. We have been doing good lately we are so close to paying off our truck that I can taste it.
Well I hope that things go will for you on Saturday. I hate allthe food this time of the year.But I love to cook it. We have such big meals at Xmas. we start Xmas eve that is when we start to eat.
A nov. wedding would be so beautiful. I hope everything goes well for your wedding you will have to keep me posted. I made sure the last to months berore our wedding I went every 2 weeks for a massage just to keep sane. It worked. If you can aford to to that do.
If I don't hear from you have a Merry Christmas.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi, Tanya! It's Friiiiday!

I decided not to go to my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow. This week has been horrid! I get really disappointed when I don't lose, and that tends to get me even more off track, so I will work hard next week and have good results next Saturday! The TRUTH won't be a very good thing right about now!

I feel so good though and my clothes fit so well! We are planning a trip to Philadelphia in January so I hope to lose a little more before I go to see my mom.

When I get home tonite we're decorating our xmas tree and getting the house ready for this weekend, I'm cooking for a dozen people on Saturday! Then Sunday it's xmas shopping.

It will be very busy and I doubt I'll get online to write. Have a wonderful weekend, Tanya. If you don't get in your workouts, don't worry about it - this stuff only happens once a year and it's a tough time! Just make sure to get back on the wagon if you fall off! :) I sure have!

CD

2cutekids
12-22-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks CD I think that I needed to hear that I hould take sometime for myself.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-23-2002, 08:45 AM
I feel so icky and bloated! I ate terribly this weekend! I have to do some exercise every day this week. The vacation is over! I am so tired though...I had just a few hours of sleep. Ugh. I will be so tired after work! I am going to take a nap and then do my exercise tape before we go to a dinner party thingie.

I feel so bloated! I put my jeans on that I wore in August and showed my FI how loose they were. I can slide them right off without unbuttoning them! Cool!

I hope things are going well with you! It's almost over! Then things will calm down after the New Year!

CD

2cutekids
12-23-2002, 11:09 AM
Hi CD I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. Things willget better soon. You know that I love this time of the year more with the kids. I am sure that once you have kids you will find the same thing.
I am not woring about the food that I am eating so I will keep doing my work outs.
I am so happy for you on you pants I know how happy it made me when I could fit all of my old jeans. I forgot that some of them are size 28. When I seen that I was so happy. So good for you. We have to keep up because we are doing so well. The New Year is coming. We are going to look great.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Yay, you're right! Back to the gym after work tonite. My SO is going to meet me there. Same for tomorrow and hopefully Sat. before my WW meeting. I'm sure I'll still gain, but at least I hope this lessens the blow!

I had lots of yummy foods yesterday! Ugh..and I hate it when people push leftovers on you and want you to take home everything...we have a buttload of ham and cake and pies! I'm not a big pie or ham person, so I'm hoping there's no big deal.

I'm sick of eating though, and ready to head back to the gym. I want more pants to get loose. Many of my pants are size 20 and I can fit into my 16's again, but it will probably be 25 or so more pounds to lose until I can get into a size 14.

I hope you had a great day. I got a crock pot for Christmas, so I'm wondering what type of thing I could make in it! I'd like to make a nice soup!

Good for you for keeping up with exercise! Yay!

CD

2cutekids
12-26-2002, 05:29 PM
Hi CD I have a great Xmas I sure hope that you did too. Sorry about allthe left over you got I tried to get out of all of the house with out getting any food but the ffo I took in. I made this to die for cheese cake. one piece is 600 cal and 44 grams of fat.with a homemade caramel sauce.yum.
I was spoiled for Xmas and so were my kids.
Took yesterday off and back on to day for excercise. Must keep going.
Talk to you soon.
Tanya

CreativeDame
12-30-2002, 10:20 AM
I hope you are having a lovely day! What did you do for your birthday?

I used all the ham that was given to us yesterday in a big pot of ham and beans. We had company for lunch so most of it is gone, it was really good!

I had my weigh in and I gained a pound! Ugh! Oh well. It will be gone a week from today!

I wanted to lose 23 pounds by January fourth (10% of my body weight) so I still have a week to get there...three pounds in one week...that's a high number and I may not make it but I'll be pretty close!

Talk to you later!

CD

2cutekids
01-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi CD Thank you for the Birth Day wishes. I had a great time. I when for an hour massage and we when out for supper.
I am sorry that I have not be around much lately. I hope that things are going well for you.
Happy New Year I am so late in doing things You can laugh. I hope that you had a great New year we had friends over and we and the kids all had fun. I over ate too and drank But only happens once a year.
I have been keeping up with my workouts but I took sometime off over Xmas.
Need to get going for the day. Hope to hear from you soon.
Tanya

CreativeDame
01-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Hi Tanya!
Glad to hear that you're doing okay! We all need time off!
I've been to the gym a few times this week so far and got back to my 80 minute workout. Starting today, I'm trying to eat better foods. I love yellow apples and they are on sale locally so I've had two today.

Time for lunch. Sorry so short today!

CD

2cutekids
01-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi CD. Things are going will here. Glad to hear the you are getting back to the gym again. I sure feels good to get back.
I go my work out in this morning and I am back to working out in the morning now that Rad is back to work. All though on the weekends I will do my workouts in the afternoon.
Need to get going I can hear my son is up.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
When I saw "CArdio Queens" I got excited. I saw that only the two of you post, mind a third.

I need motivation to go to the gym, but once I am there I don't want to leave. I try to work out every day and do an hour of intense cardio and some weight machines and walking. I want to lose 47 pounds.

Let me know what you do for exercise.

Thanks

Sandi

170/167/120

2cutekids
01-06-2003, 02:27 PM
I would not have a problem with that.
I do about an hour on the treadmill3 to 4 days and the firm tapes 3 days a week.
What type of cardio do you do. I have found cardio almost addicting. I have been doing it for over a year now.
You don't seen to have that must farther to go. Take it one day at a time.
I have about 15 more pounda to get to my goal of between 145 to 140. If I go down more I would not be the same person I think and that would be a safe weight for me.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
01-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Hello!

I enjoy my cardio, but I was very tired today so I did a slow -medium 30 minutes. Normally I use the ellipticals and some treadmill. I like the ellipticals over running. Running is hard when you are dragging a fat butt behind! Plus when I run some part of body (it's never consistant) acts up.

Sandi

2cutekids
01-08-2003, 01:04 PM
You sound like me. The nice thing that I have a treadmill at home. So my fat butt can do what it wants.
Today I did my tape and took Kalie to playschool. Got some running around done with out having 2 kids that is so nice.
Back on the treadmill tomorrow and try to do 5 miles or more I hope.
Sandy we all have thoughs days. The more you go the more you should not have that problem. That is the way I feel. I have been going for over 1 years straight. ANd befor my kids I can't rember how long. I lost 60 pounds before my kids and put 50 back on. That is hard. I am so close now.
Cd how are you doing I have not heard form you in awhile?
Tanya

2cutekids
01-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi where has everyone been. I have been checking and no one has been on.Sure miss hearing from you.
Things are going well here.Still been working out like usual. I have been trying to add on somemore miles to my workouts when I can.Seems to help.
Can't stay to long
tanya

ilovemyluckycat
01-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Hello!

Sorry I haven't posted. I have to say I only aspire to be a cardio queen like you guys. I have been exercising faithfully since I started just over two weeks ago, but to stay with it for years is just...AWESOME!

Well I have been going and the results are there. I also ran 2 miles yesterday at 5.8 mph. I was proud of my work. So I guess my fat butt can do it after all.

Talk to you soon...

Sandi

2cutekids
01-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Good job on the miles. I do about the same. i found that if I go alittle slower I can go for a longer time. I go more for the distance that the speed. I go in 5.75 miles in yesterday.
The more you keep doing it the more it becames a part of you life. I think about 3 months is when I found that.Everyday and you day just does not feel the same if you have not done a workout.
Keep up the good work. More you go the more you can do this.
Cd I sure miss hearing form you. Are you OK. Let us know.
Tanya

CreativeDame
01-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Hello!

I'm here. I think I forgot to mention, Tanya, that I went to Philadelphia for a week! Ooops! I'm sorry for not mentioning that. I'm back!

Sandi, welcome! How exciting to come back and see a new person here! Keep posting with us! Sandi, you did a great job on the treadmill.

Both of you are doing great.

I haven't done my workout since I've been back...lazy. I'll get back to it. I know I will. I feel myself getting lazy and I had so much great food in Philadelphia!

CD

ilovemyluckycat
01-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi Tanya and CD.

I almost didn't workout tonight, but I got there and as soon as I was there it all felt so good. You can think you feel really tired, but you aren't as tired as you think. I did my lifting did 10 minutes rowing and then 30 minutes ellipticals. I hope to do a 2 mile run tomorrow.

CD, I have a friend in Collegeville near Philadelphia. I have been to see her, but have never gotton into the city itself. I heard it's fun.

Sandi

2cutekids
01-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Great to see you back Cd. Good that you had a great time. I know that when I am away from home I always over eat. I love food and to try new foods.
I know Sandi what you mean about feeling not tired after working out those anorphines are great. I think that is why I workout so often.
Cd you get back to that gym you know that you what to go. You will love being back there. We know that you can get back there.
Been doing good on my workouts but my eating have been not to bad but I have been wanting sweets so bad it is not funny. I am going out with a bunch on mom's tonight and we are having a potluck supper. I will have to watch my eating. I hope that no one brings any sweets. I might get back on the treadmill again to night just incase. A little more time could hurt.
Nice to hear from everyone have a good day.
Tanya

CreativeDame
01-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Hey guys! Great jobs! I wish I could say the same.

Haven't been to the gym in two weeks. I plan to go tonite though and the rest of the week. I can't stop now!

Sandi, I can't wait to go on 2-mile runs again!

I went to Kentucky this weekend...all the driving is draining and I just want to relax...but I like the gym...it's just so hard to get back.

I promise, I'll go tonite. I don't even know where my locker key is! arrgh!

CD

2cutekids
01-20-2003, 11:00 AM
HI everyone. Cd you better get down there. It won't take long for you to get back on track.
Well I had a bad eating weekend we had a brunch out and man did i overeat. I even tried to eat a small bit before we left. Didn't help.
I am starting to come do with something. I still have been workoing out but not as hard.
Got ot run talk to you all later
Tanya

2cutekids
01-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone just a post to see how everyone is doing.
I have been working out and got on 29 miles this week.I made peanut butter cookies and was doing good till today. Will have to watch what I eat for the rest of the day.
I hope that you all are doing well.
Tanya

CreativeDame
01-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Tanya, wow, 29 miles! I'm not sure if you mean bike, walking or running, but either way that's great!

I had my weigh-in this past weekend and I gained 7 pounds. That's terrible. It will be gone within the next 2-3 weeks. That sucks because I could be losing more instead of relosing the weight I gained. How terrible.

To the gym tonite! I don't know how long it will take me to get back up to 65 minutes on the elliptical, but should only be a couple of days.

CD

2cutekids
01-28-2003, 03:23 PM
So sorry about the weight gain Cd. things will get better. You just need to get back to the gym. You will get it off soon.
I did the 29 miles running. On saturday I was feeling great and I was albe to get 8 miles of jogging in. I could have gone on longer but the kids needed me. That was the other surpise the kids gave me the time to do it.
Better get the kids down
Tanya

CreativeDame
02-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Tanya,

How's it going? I've been going back to the gym. I lost 4 pounds of the seven that I gained. Hopefully this week I'll have lost them all. I'm sure much of it was just water. I feel better having gone back to the gym.

That's so cool..perhaps someday I will say I jogged 8 miles! That's so SOOOO great!

This weekend it's Madison, Wisconsin for my fiancee and I. I found a weight watchers meeting half a mile from where the Hotel is...perhaps I can walk there. That way I can make sure to stay on track.

How are things for you?

CD

ilovemyluckycat
02-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Tanya-did you jog 8 miles non-stop? WOW. I've done 3.2 miles, but no more than that.!!!!:eek:

CD: Are there work out facilities in the places you have traveled to? Traveling makes it so hard to diet.

Sandi

moe
02-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to this exercising thread. I have been exercising for about 3 weeks now (6 days a week). I am up to a 5 minute walk and then 25 minute jog and then another 5 minute walk to slow down. I then stretch all of my muscles real good after.
That is pretty much all I do but it is quite an accomplishment for me. I have NEVER been able to job - so I am soooooooo proud of myself. I have been just building myself up a little further every day.
Good luck to all and I am so glad that I found you!!!!

ilovemyluckycat
02-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi Moe!

I'm somewhat new at this thread too.

Your exercise sounds fine! I like ellipticals most days and running once or twice a week. I also am strength training and I feel my muscles are stronger.

Hi CD and Taunya!

Sandi

moe
02-06-2003, 09:15 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but what is ellipticals?? I have never heard of that term.......Someone, please help me out!!
Thanks and KEEP MOVING YOUR BOD!!!!

ilovemyluckycat
02-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Hi!

Ellipticals are the machine that you stand upright and hold onto either a stationary bar or a swinging bar. Your feet stand on "plates" and you swish your feet back and forth. Actually your feet move in an elliptical motion, hence, the name.

;)

Sandi

moe
02-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks ilovemyluckycat for the explanation. I understand now.

Well, today I did something that I have NEVER done in my life.....NEVER. I jogged for a whole 1/2 hour (30 minutes). :D :D :D It might not sound like a lot to most of you but it is a first for me.

I started a food and goal journal and everday I would write, my goal is to jog for 30 minutes. Well, today I did it.

O.k. enough of tooting my own horn for now. It is just I do very few remarkable things these days. I am trying though!!

Hope everyone else has been MOVING thier BODIES!!!!!:p

ilovemyluckycat
02-07-2003, 10:30 PM
moe you are awesome!

Jogging for 30 min. is tough. I have run at 6.0 for 30 minutes and it takes a lot. I don't know what speed you run at, but I know what you have done. Good for you!!!

I really enjoy exercising and being fit.\

What did you say your goals were? For me I want to run 3.2 miles at least once a week. Work my time for this into the 28 minute range. Run a 5 K race and get less than 28 minutes. Loose weight while exercising and running (40 more pounds ) and stay muscular and fit throughout life.

cd and tanya: what are your goals as "cardio queens"?

:)

Sandi

moe
02-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Where is everyone at???I know "ilovemyluckycat" and I aren't the only one MOVING!!!!

My exercise goals:
6 days of week - to jog 30 minutes a day and walk 10 minutes. (Yesterday I jogged 35 minutes!! WOW)

Posibly start to weight train soon ( don't know about that yet)

Stretch and Stretch Some more.

2cutekids
02-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone it is nice to see new people to join us. I have a goal of getting health. I jog 3 to 4 times a week. and do the firm workout tapes 3 days a week. I know that you will love to do weights after awhile. It can take a little getting use to. I have increased my weights this week.
You guys are not the only ones moving I have been just not been on the site lately. I will be back on more often.
Got to go the kids are going crazy.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi movers and shakers!

I ran for 35 minutes today and went about 3.3 miles in that time. I like weight training. I think my thighs and biceps seem to be the most noticable responders to my work.

Weight training and building muscle is so important because muscle burns fat faster.

Have a good week!!!

Sandi:goodvibes

2cutekids
02-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone is it great to see so many of us now. i did the firm tape again to day and I did 30 mins of cardio yesterday and I think that I am going to do more today after the kids naps. I have been donig less in speed but more in doning the incline. To make it much harder. I been getting more of a burn doing that.
Going to do cardoi tomorow. After 2 days of weights I can sure feel it. It feels great to me.
Tanya

moe
02-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone. Hope all is well. I actually did not exercise yesterday because I had to babysit all day and boy did I feel guilty. I never thought I would say that.

Today, I made up for it and jogged for 45 minutes and walked for 5 minutes. Feeling good. I notice though, since I have been really exercising......I tend to be more hungry all the time. I hate that. Hopefully, that won't last long.

Take care!!!!

2cutekids
02-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi Been getting my workouts still in and yesterday I did my cardoi and did 5 miles I have been doing cardio at night and have been feeling great. I did 2 miles in less that 20 mins I was happy about that.
What foods or diet are you doing? I have found that if I have a protien with every meal I am better. I eat 6 small meals a day. I am not as hungary then.
Tanya

CreativeDame
02-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi guys! Hi moe and ilovemyluckycat!

Wow, I've been gone for a few days and look at this!

I have been so lazy in going to the gym. I normally do 15 minutes on the bike and 45-65 minutes on the elliptical machine. I am all packed to go tonite right after work. It will be nice to get back on track. My new pants that I got three weeks ago are not feeling as loose as they did!

I have a goal this year...a friend from work and I are going to run in the Steamboat race this year. It's only four miles, but it's been a couple of years since I've run even a mile! how terrible. The race is in May, so I have enough time to work on this. I'm going to get in better shape and continue with my cardio, then I'm going to start jogging on the treadmill...maybe start with ten minutes, and work my way up. Eventually, I'd like to make jogging my whole workout. I know I can do it. If I can do an hour of elliptical, I can run. It's basically the same thing anyway.

Nice to see all of you!

CD

2cutekids
02-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi Everuone I hope that you all are doing well. Nice to hear from you Cd. You can do the run in May It is funny how fast you can get your cardio up when you won't to.
Well I have been doing cardio every day almost. About 30 mins which I do 2.15 miles in 20 mins and cool down for the last 10 mins. I feel great doin this really been doing intes work outs up to 8.5 miles an hour for about 1 min for the last couple of mins. The interve training is great.
Talk to you all later.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-18-2003, 03:41 PM
It's been awhile since I stopped by to say hello. I'm still moving and losing, but all indoors. We just got another foot of snow yesterday! You can't walk outside anywhere. I did get out to x-country ski 1 1/2 weeks ago. Then we had too much cold and now what's my excuse!!!!:lol:

I just want SPRING:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

I ran again today. I did 3.2 miles in 31:20 minutes. I continued my run until 3.5 (34 minutes).

CD: just start with some distance and work your way up to the goal. I was able to work it up pretty fast and I think it was because of the ellipticals that I do. That should give you an "edge" already. I don't know about you, but ny legs hated running and they "complain" the most between 0.5 and 1.5 miles; then they kind of find their own and the run becomes much easier. I only run once a week. I know if I run more my shins and ankles will hurt too much and I won't be able to go the distance. I want to run a 5K this year. I think there is one in May. I'm working slowly on lowering my time. I don't even know how long an average runner should take to run that distance? Does anyone? (I didn't mean that sarcastically).:?:

I am going to post my running here. Please post yours too.

2/18/03 3.5 miles 34 minutes

Tanya: your interval training sounds like a good idea. I think that is what I will have to do to get my time down. Have you ever run a 5K?

Have fun everyone!!!:hyper:

Sandi

moe
02-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Boy I would love to run (or in my case..jog) in a marathon. I have NEVER done that. Or, even dreamed of it. I guess you just never know.

Today, I jogged 45 minutes and walked for 5 minutes. I haven't been eating too great lately ...... however, I have been exercising every day though......now if I could just put the two together.....:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Take care!!!!!!

2cutekids
02-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone. I have not ran a 5 mile run yet but I hope to in the next year. I ran 4.75 miles this morning in 50 mins. You sure are doing great with your time. You must run over 6 miles and hour. When I do the interve I go way up then to 8.5 then down to 6 miles. It sure keeps you working hard.
Keep posting your runs I sure like to see them. You are doing a great job.
By the way I am getting close to my goal. less that 15 pounds to go. I am so happy.
Tanya

moe
02-21-2003, 03:56 PM
I jogged 40 mintes and walked really fast for 5.
20 minutes of sit ups and crunches.

2cutekids
02-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone got in 3.65 miles in 40 miles. Felt great. On the way to have a spa day with a bunch of mom today. Going to pig out I made a killer cheese cake and all the other food.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I upped my exercise in the last few days to make up for some slacking. I did 30 min. ellipticals, 25 min. bike and then walked one mile.

Back to work tomorrow :cry:

It certainly was fun having the week off!

Sandi

2cutekids
02-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone I did 4 miles yesterday. and felt great. I was all loose after beening at the spa for 5 hours I felt great. I out did my best too. I did 2.27 miles in 20 mins. Moe did you know that 3 miles workds out to 4.8 ks. You are almost at 5 ks. YOu don't have much more to go.
Hope everyone is doing well. Sandi you are doing great with your workouts.
tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks Tanya! Your work out looks good too!!

I did my 5 K run yesterday. I ran 3.2 miles in 30:40 minutes. I talked to a co-worker of mine who has run 5 K's. She says your treadmill time tends to be about 4 minutes faster than your road time. She ran her last 5 K in 26:00 (outside on the road)! I think she's on the good side of average if not even better. I'm not sure the times the winners get, maybe like 17-18 minutes I think.:?:

Sandi

2cutekids
02-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi you are doing great. I would be happy just to say that I did a 5 k. You are in the right direction. Keep going and you will be there in no time to do your run.
I did 6 miles of jogging today took me 65 min to do altogether I did 6.30 miles in 79 mins today. I like to do one day of a long jog a week. Week ends I do interve training. I have done 14.05 miles this week.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Tanya, in your 6 miles of jogging did you walk some? You said you would love to do a 5K, but you already do. I'm confused. From what you have described you are a runner, but you run slowly. That's still running and it's still hard work. I could never do 5K a day or even every other day. Just once a week is fine with me.

On the treadmill I have the setting at about 6.2 MPH, I'll up it to 6.6 then lower it and on and on. The lowest I put it is 5.8 MPH. I'll get on and walk for one minute at 3.8 to warm up then go inot a full non-stop run until 35 minutes passes. Let me know your settings.

Sandi

2cutekids
02-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Sandi I have never been outside to do one or in a race for a 5k. The 6 miles that I did was all jogging at 5.7 miles. I do go faster on the weekends when my kids are up. I start off at 5.5 move up to 6.0 every min after that I go up to .5 till I am at 7.5 I go back down and do this for 4 times on the last time I go up to 8.5 for 1 min then cool off for about 5 min at 6.3. I do this one on the weekends and the jogging during the week to keep my kids sleeping. I like to do both that way i don't get bored. I am going back to 2 day a week of jogging in 2 weeks.
Tanya
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
02-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Tanya,

You run a lot more than I do!!!! Good job!!!! Do you find it burns a lot of calories? I would think so.

Sandi

2cutekids
02-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi I do. I know that when I moved it up I dropped alot but I have been doing more strength training lately. I am going back yo more cardio in a week. I like to keep moving my work outs. I don't get bored that way. The most that I have done in one week is 28 miles. I felt great too.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
03-04-2003, 08:30 PM
I ran my 3.2 miles in 30:16 minutes today!!! New personal best!!!

You always think you can't,but then you just plow on and at some point around 18 minutes it becomes easy.

Sandi

2cutekids
03-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi I know what you mean. Just when you think you can't go on you get that bust of energy. I jogged to day and did 6 miles. It was a hard one for me today though. I had a little stich but got it done. So for the week I did 16.30 miles. That is good.
Keep them miles coming I like to hear how you are doing.
Were did Cd and everyone else go?
Tanya

CreativeDame
03-11-2003, 12:18 PM
yay I'm so glad that everyone is still doing well. I had a bad relapse...I gained back several pounds! I have gone back to the gym and have changed my eating habits and I'm back in the game.

I'm just focusing on getting 45-60 minutes of cardio in each day. Some day I will be running like you guys!

Sandi and Tanya, you guys are doing SO wonderfully!

I'm so, so so impressed!

CD

2cutekids
03-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone good to see you back CD. I have been on the treadmill more this week and have 14.90miles put in from Friday.
Cd I am sorry to hear that you have put some of the weight back on but you can do this. You have come a long way for you not to get this weight off. You don't have that much longer to go tillyour wedding and you will look wonderful.Get back to the gym and you will do it.
Tanya

ilovemyluckycat
03-13-2003, 09:01 PM
It's ok though cd and everyone (including me). Just as long as we don't think we are done. No we'll just start over tomorrow! This week was so busy for me. I have no excuse for Tuesday, but I also could not get to the Y on Monday or Today. SOOO I better go tomorrow!

SAndi

2cutekids
03-14-2003, 03:28 PM
We just need to keeep going and we will be there in now time I am getting so close to my goal that it feels great. I am 8 pounds away. I did 12.5 miles between tue and Thurs.
Hope that you all can make it to the gym.
tanya

CreativeDame
03-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey Tanya and Sandi.

I'm finally back in the running. I'm getting married in November and it's starting to get so close. Wedding dress shopping is depressing! So, I'm going to give it a couple of months see how it goes. I want to feel great on my wedding day and honeymoon.

I feel better already. Gosh, you guys are so great to be able to run like you do. I got on the treadmill and 4.0 is too fast for me. But I'm good on the elliptical. Some day I will!

CD

2cutekids
03-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi good to see you back. I hope that things are going well g=for you. you can do this. I know that you can. I would be great to have a beautiful wedding dress.
Glad to see you back.
tanya

ilovemyluckycat
03-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Hi Tanya and CD

I haven't run in two weeks! I've been really bad, but I have exercised, just not as much. I am still holding on to my loss and in fact today I nudged 0.5 lbs down the scale. I started yoga and tomorrow I go again. It's a 7 week session, but really cool. In May I start golfing and so I probably won't do yoga again until the fall. I don't workout on either yoga or golf nights and I don't want to start slacking by not working out 2 times a week.

CD...you can loose weight for your wedding, I did. In fact, my measurements would have made me need an 18 which cost more and so I lost weight and bought the 16 and by the time I was done dieting (and the final fitting nearered) it was loose. Just set a reasonable goal for yourself like 30-40 pounds by your wedding (seems to me you have lots of time). You could be 170 in November!!! WoW!!!;) Oh and don't dispair over the stupid wedding sizes. I bought a 16 dress, but my normal dress size was a 12!

Sandi