Does it Work? - Ab Lounge 2

View Full Version : Ab Lounge 2

IndieSoul
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I bought mine at a garage sale a year ago, and have used it about 5 times since then :^: I'm thinking of getting back on it. Has anyone had good results from it?

love2b150
07-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm interested in knowing the answer to this question also. I have had my Ab-lounge for at least 6-7 years. I got on it when I first got it and a few times since but I never gave it my all. What I would like is the ab-doer because they have something similar at Curves and it definitely gives you results. Thanks for starting this thread ... can't wait to see the replies.

islandchick1
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I have the Ab-Lounger Ultra. Had it about a year and a half. For a shorter person like myself, it's rather uncomfortable. I rarely use it. However, I have the Ab Roller which is quite effective. I can do crunches, reverse sit ups and side crunches for the obliques :yes: I love it!
What I do is kinda silly though :) I have a series of books that I have already read, but love. So I am reading them all over. I do 10 crunches and then "reward" myself by reading a chapter lol. By the time I am through reading for the evening, I will have done 7 to 8 sets of all 3 positions :cp:

Suzanne 3FC
09-06-2010, 02:39 AM
We used to have one in the back of the office. Whenever one of us was tired or just need to stretch out.... :lol:

Most ab machines have been shown in studies to be less effective than the common crunch, despite the outlandish claims the manufacturers make.

Ab machines have been created in countless configurations going all the way back to the 1800s. Apparently no one has gotten it right yet ;)

You can't go wrong with crunches. It's free and requires no storage or investment. If you do want to buy a gizmo, try a stability ball. This is actually one of the few pieces of exercise equipment that has actually been proven to be effective for ab exercises.

http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/68/stability-ball-sit-ups-crunches/