Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Bodily Functions...

Such an uncomfortable topic but your digestive system goes through a lot on this diet... I thought a place to catch all the Qs and As would be good.

And so I'll start - lots of protein, calcium and more vitamins than I've taken in ... well ever. I wasn't terribly regular before so I decided to be proactive with the Magnesium. 1/2 tsp the first day, 1 tsp the 2nd day and then 1 Tbs yesterday... and still nothing. I'm getting concerned and wondering if I should up the ante on the Magnesium? Thoughts? and Thanks
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #2  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post
Such an uncomfortable topic but your digestive system goes through a lot on this diet... I thought a place to catch all the Qs and As would be good.

And so I'll start - lots of protein, calcium and more vitamins than I've taken in ... well ever. I wasn't terribly regular before so I decided to be proactive with the Magnesium. 1/2 tsp the first day, 1 tsp the 2nd day and then 1 Tbs yesterday... and still nothing. I'm getting concerned and wondering if I should up the ante on the Magnesium? Thoughts? and Thanks
I have been taking miralax religiously since I started and was really having some problems with the Big C. Just be careful what you wish for. If you up it, it could cause diarrhea. Just the other day I was complaining about being stopped up, and last night, the flood came (please excuse my terminology if it grosses you out) Just be careful in how much you take how often
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

My paperwork says to "add one tablespoon of Citrate of Magnesia twice a day until relieved. A maintenance dose of one teaspoon once or twice a day may be used to maintain regularity. This product can be found in any grocery store or pharmacy in the laxative section. It is very inexpensive and very effective. If the client notes that they are prone to constipation, you may be well advised to take a 'pre-emptive measure' and recommend they add a couple of teaspoons of Citrate of Magnesia per day."
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #4  
Suzie

Thanks for the advice! I'm having panicked flashbacks to my first pregnancy and the severe "backups"... never again! I'll redose and hope for the best!

Taylor -
Thanks for the Miralax tip. How long have you been taking it? Are you still on Phase 1?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #5  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! I'm having panicked flashbacks to my first pregnancy and the severe "backups"... never again! I'll redose and hope for the best!

Taylor -
Thanks for the Miralax tip. How long have you been taking it? Are you still on Phase 1?
Yes, I'm still in Phase 1, I've only been on IP just short of 3 weeks. I've been taking the Miralax about 2 weeks now.
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #6  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Question

Hi there, I'm 4 days into this with my husband. He has had diarrhea every day... keeps wondering when he'll finally get blocked up. He has barely had lettuce because that usually moves things even more, but even without the lettuce, it hasn't stopped. He is type II diabetic, but I don't see in the boards here any reason for the non-stop?

Thanks!
OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Hi there, I'm 4 days into this with my husband. He has had diarrhea every day... keeps wondering when he'll finally get blocked up. He has barely had lettuce because that usually moves things even more, but even without the lettuce, it hasn't stopped. He is type II diabetic, but I don't see in the boards here any reason for the non-stop?

Thanks!
Is your husband eating raw veggies or cooked ?
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #8  

I've been battling the big C since I started IP back in May. I purchased a bottle of FLORALAX from my coach and take 2 a day. Each capsule contains 250mg psyllium seed husk, 150mg aloe vera and 50mg prune powder. I also put ground flaxseed in my shakes and bought some special overnight herbal tea to use when it gets really bad.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #9  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Is your husband eating raw veggies or cooked ?
Uh, cooked mostly. Broccoli and cauliflower that's been roasted most days, or some pickles and a few green beans one day.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #10  
Suzie

OnMyWayForGood - So sorry to hear your DH is having that problem. Do you have a coach or doctor you can consult?

Christina - Ugh! I feel your pain. I've upped the MagCit to 2 Tbs a day and that seems to be promting some "movement" I've also dropped a cal tablet from my routine. It happens to me every time I am on supplements. I'll put it back when things seem to be normalizing...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #11  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

Yeah, we'll ask tomorrow when we go in. Thanks for the help!