Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default IP and diabetes

My DH has a friend who is diabetic and is interested in IP. He works the night shift and has to eat before bed to take his meds. Can anyone tell me how this plan has worked for them while being diabetic and what adjustments you may have made? If any of you have advice or information, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it!!
Thanks to all!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/176/145

Height: 5'7"

My husband is type 1 diabetic and has to use the alternate plan where he gets a milk, bread and fruit everyday. Type 1 can't go into ketosis. Type 2 can do the diet just like everyone else. This diet was designed perfectly for type 2 since it gets the pancreas back under control. The only thing I've heard different for type 2 or for anyone starting the diet that is used to eating a lot of carbs, is that they may need to be on the alternate plan for the first week or so. Usually though they can start just like everyone else. Hope that helps.
lkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #3  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

straight from the IP to go site...

4. Is the Ideal Diet safe for Diabetics, Type I and Type II, as well as for hypoglycemics (low blood sugar)?

Diabetics have so much to gain from the Ideal Diet because regulating glycemia is at the very heart of the Ideal Diet. While we cannot reverse Type I Diabetes (we can only help those afflicted to lose weight), a strict Accelerated Ideal Diet can help reverse Type II Diabetes or, at the very least, diminish the condition's vulnerabilities. Type II Diabetics and people who suffer from hypoglycemia can follow either the Accelerated Ideal Diet or the less strict diet whereas Type I Diabetics should only follow the less strict diet. Still, diabetics need be particularly vigilant on the Ideal Diet. In the first few weeks on the Ideal Diet, people suffering from hypoglycemia should not exercise as much as usual in order to facilitate the reeducation of their pancreas and give their body a chance to readjust to its new eating habits. As well, they should stock up on the Ideal Diet Peach Mango drink, in case they find themselves in the midst of a low blood sugar crisis, which is predictable in their case. When it happens, they should sit down, breathe deeply and reach for an Ideal Peach Mango diet beverage. It will calm them instantly. They must be confident in the knowledge that their body, more specifically their pancreas, will, in time, soon, readjust itself to function as it was originally intended by nature.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Thank you both! I never even though of looking on the website...lol!
lkreutz, if you don't mind, how has your husband done on this and has he had to adjust medications along the way?
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Thank you both! I never even though of looking on the website...lol!
lkreutz, if you don't mind, how has your husband done on this and has he had to adjust medications along the way?
Roz,

I don't know this personally. I do recall a few posts on here by others with diabetes or, with family using the program that have diabetes. I recall one specifically saying that the person with diabetes had to drop down on the medications they were taking. One person was on 2 different types of meds and was able to eliminate one and reduce the other.

In my clinic there is a person my coach sees who has been able to stop using medications for his diabetes.

If you look at the phases sticky thread you will find an attachment or post, there may be both, by Ogdog, addressing the alternate phase 1 (she labeled it alternative) plan for diabetics if you want to see what the food side is about. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html see post 12.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 07-16-2010 at 12:59 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

My friend who told me about Ideal Protein has been a diabetic for years, taking shots, and since finishing his weight loss is now off of all medication. It is awesome. He looks wonderful and I've never seen him thinner or happier.
Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote