General Diet Plans and Questions - Online Calculators

View Full Version : Online Calculators

chemicalksm
07-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know which website(s) are the most accurate for measuring how many calories you should take in? Food Focus, freedieting.com, mydailyplate, the LoseIt! iPhone app, etc.?

LoseIt tells me I should be limiting my calls to 977 to lose 2 lbs./week
freedieting.com tells me I should eat 1152 cals daily
and Food Focus tells me I should limit to 776 a day!

Those are three very different numbers! Help? :?:

audrina
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Those numbers are way too small for you to live on, so you would have to create a calorie deficit through exercise while maintaining the basic amount of calories you're body needs to function.

Meg
07-14-2010, 01:38 PM
You might want to check out this recent thread in Calorie Counters: Which calorie calculator websites do you trust? (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/206924-calorie-calculator-websites-do-you-trust.html) :)

I agree that those numbers look really low. Be sure that you're not putting in an overly ambitious weight loss goal, like losing more than 1 - 2 pounds a week.

Generally speaking, it's hard to get adequate nutrition at a calorie level less than 1200 per day. I'd suggest you pick a number like 1400, try it out for a couple of weeks, and see what your results are. Then you can tweak if necessary.

Best of luck to you!:)

Rosinante
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
I like Sparkpeople - if you put in a startweight/goalweight/timespan that gives you something as unhealthy as those numbers you posted, it just won't let you do it.