Old 07-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #1  
*Brooke*

S/C/G: 205/205/125

Height: 5'3

Default Vacation

I am going on vacation (to the beach!!) on Saturday for a week. I'm worried about eating while I'm there. My hubby said he's go for a run with me in the mornings and I plan to take our Wii/Wii Fit too. I know there will be some places we go that I absolutely won't be able to count and there will be Diet Mt. Dew there. Here I really only ever drink water. Do you think that as long as I keep my workouts up and try to count as many calories as I can that I'll be alright? I really just want to maintain next week. I would LOVE LOVE to lose but I just don't think that will happen. What do you all think?
mommybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #2  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Vacations are always a difficult time when you're trying to eat right. There are so many temptations or so few healthy choices. But it sounds like you have a good plan of attack. Maybe try and stick to drinking water as much as possible instead of diet soda. The soda in the heat will make you feel bloated and tired, or you can try drinking it at night and water throughout the day. Walks or runs on the beach are awesome. I know when I go on vacations, I just try to maintain and not gain. I try to not worry about hard workouts as long as I'm being active and making good food choices.

Hope you have a great time
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

That's what I plan to do on vacation, here coming up. If I lose, yey, but I'll be happy with maintain. I'm WAY more active, usually, on vacation and adding in my running I should be okay. I'll keep counting my calories too, and I plan to stick to 1800 a day, give or take. Whatever I go over that, I plan to make up in running or something extra.

I hope.

Hahahahaha!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #4  
*Brooke*

S/C/G: 205/205/125

Height: 5'3

Thanks!! I have been counting everything I put in my mouth for the last 2 weeks and when I weighed in today I was down 10 pounds from when I started. I just don't want to screw that up. I think I will count everything I eat at the condo and when I can when we go out but if I can't then oh well. I want to have a fun time and not be worried about the weight the whole time. Plus, I'll have the Wii so I can check my weight everyday right. lol! Thanks again for the input!!
mommybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/258/160

Thanks for this post. I'm leaving Saturday to go to the beach for an entire week.
I've been eating healthy for 2 weeks and the last time I weighed in I had lost a total of around 6 lbs. I don't want to mess that up either so I'm working really hard to plan healthy meals and snacks to bring.
I'm allowing myself one dinner out that I won't worry too much about. Luckily because we're going to the beach I can choose steamed seafood and veggies most of the time. We love to eat breakfast out so that's where I'll struggle the most. I do love pancakes!!
Hope you have a great trip and keep up the great work! I look forward to hearing how it goes.
DeeRealLife is offline   Reply With Quote