100 lb. Club - Quick and yummy water tip

View Full Version : Quick and yummy water tip

cfmama
07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I HATE drinking plain water. I'll do it... if it's icy cold and fresh but anything after the 5 minutes after I pour it and it goes down the drain.

What do I do to get my water in?

Well every morning I boil a kettle of water. I take a 2.5 liter jug and put two herbal tea bags in it (I like Lemon Zinger or Peppermint) dump the boiling water over and let it seep. Add cold water and ice cubs after about an hour.

Viola! non calorie herbal tea water. SO FREAKING GOOD and makes you feel like YOU get a bit of a summertime treat!!!

chemicalksm
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Great tip! Thanks :D

westernsoutherngirl
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
cfmama - that is brilliant! I will have to try it!

Lyn2007
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I have a big glass jug back in the cabinet somewhere, that I used to fill with water and a few herbal tea bags and set on the deck in the sun for sun tea. I haven't thought about that this year! Great idea :)

evilwomaniamshe
07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I like to put a peach or lemon or spearmint tea bag into a bottled water, put the cap back on & shake shake shake and walla my go to water when I want more than a bottled water from the cars cooler, works great for road trippies!

cfmama
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I am so ticked. I LOVE the Celestial seasonings Peach tea but they don't sell it up here in my neck of the woods! i can get it in the variety packs but they you only get four bags. Which I would use in a day obviously... lol!!!

Sandi
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Amazon baby!! Thanks for the tip!

Terre
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Yummm.. I gotta try it! Thanks :)

Eliana
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Hmmm...so happy for you tea lovers! LOL! I have a little story for you all and why I do not and never will be able to stomach tea.

In a science lab in college we all had to do a urinalysis on ourselves and our professor split us into groups. One group ate pretzels (salt), one group drank water, one group drank tea, and I don't remember the others. My group was the tea group. The professor randomly asked a couple guys to make the tea. We had to drink six little dixie cups full and all six cups had to be made the same. The guy didn't know what he was doing and he filled each dixie cup 1/4 full with instant tea mix and filled the rest with luke warm water. I already didn't like tea and had to drink SIX of those!!

As I gagged down the sixth cup, the professor came up to me and said, "Ya know, you could have just told me you didn't like tea. I'd have put you in another group." But mousy little me never would have spoken up like that.

I will never get over that and I'm cringing just typing about it! :rofl:

But hey, whatever gets your water in! I'm thankful I like water because it is now all I drink. I will never again drink my calories.

mandalinn82
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I grow mint in my garden, and it grows like mad. I have been putting a pitcher of water in the fridge with a handful of mint leaves. So refreshing in summer!

Eliana
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I grow mint in my garden, and it grows like mad. I have been putting a pitcher of water in the fridge with a handful of mint leaves. So refreshing in summer!

Oooh, hadn't thought of that. We too have ridiculous mint in the back yard overtaking a good part of the back garden. Do you crush them?

mandalinn82
07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
I rinse them off, then sort of roll them around a bit in my hands to get the oils flowing.

airbear
07-14-2010, 04:58 PM
I do the tea thing sometimes too, like a few bags per gallon of water. You don't need boiling water for any of the CS zingers.

cfmama
07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I know you DON'T need boiling water and in a pinch I just use cold water but it's SO MUCH BETTER and has more flavour when you let it steep for a bit :)

ubercast
07-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I feel like the only one who likes water for what it is. I love plain old water. D=

oodlesofnoodles
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Genius idea!! I used to do that in school. I'd bring a biiig travel mug with coffee in the morning, and around lunchtime I'd boil some water in the microwave in the cafeteria and add a tea bag. Once it was good to go, I'd pour it in my mug and add a TON of ice. I'd have my own Tazo iced tea. :)

I like the mint idea mandalinn. I wish I had mint plants.

Nikki6kidsmom
07-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the tip. I like my plain water but I will use this for my picky husband! :)

Sandi
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
This is great! I have a iced tea maker and I always have a pitcher of green tea in the fridge. But if it's late and I am making my lunch and I am out of tea, I never thought to fill my bottle up with plain water and add 2 tea bags, I just went without. I did that last night and it was awesome!!

I drink about 20 ozs of iced green tea in the morning and then plain water for the rest of the day.

I am dying to try the fresh mint in the water Amanda!